Inability to chart a logartihmic values

I have been working on some mathematical formulas and equations and am trying to chart them. However I need to be able to have a logarithmic axis for one set of the values and do not know how to obtain this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

To get a log scale, double click on an axis, click on the Scale tab of
the Format Axis dialog that pops up, and check the Logarithmic Scale
box. If you want to make the X axis into a log scale, make sure you have
a scatter chart, not a line chart. The line chart treats the X values as
nonnumeric categories, while the scatter chart treats them as numerical
values.

An Excel log scale must start and end on a power of ten. If you want the
scale to start and end in between, try the Flexible Log Scale Axis on
Tushar Mehta's web site, http://tushar-mehta.com.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/
_______

Deefer wrote:
> I have been working on some mathematical formulas and equations and am trying to chart them. However I need to be able to have a logarithmic axis for one set of the values and do not know how to obtain this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks, now the results are easier to collate and pass on.
0
anonymous (74719)

Inability to use links
When I click on a link in my email, nothing happens. If I post the same link in Explorer, it works fine... the web site appears as advertised. I assume that the assocaition between IE and Outlook is broken but I don't know how to fix. Some hints on how to fix would be appreciated. Bruce Are you looking in the preview screen? If you actually open the message it should then become active. You might also have to hold ctrl when you click it. >-----Original Message----- >When I click on a link in my email, nothing happens. If I >post the same link in Explorer, it works ...

In Excel how can i enter in a value like 0021 without the zeros .
In Excel how can i enter in a value like 0021 without the zeros disappearing and leaving me with just 21? ...

Change legend text in Excel Chart
Dim appAs Excel.Application Dim chart As Excel.Chart Set app = CreateObject("Excel.Application") chart.HasLegend = true My problem is how do I change the label of the legend used in the excel.chart ? Can someone show me how to access it ? thanks. Quest You use the Name property of the SeriesCollection method like so This will set the name property of seriescollection 1 to the value test Chart.SeriesCollection(1).Name = "=""Test""" Not sure if Excel will like you using the variable Chart?? -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, En...

Dsiplay pivottable value item in row heading
How do i display the item at the value field display row heading instant of display in column heading?Example: Date Number | 11/20/2007 11/21/2007 ..... 1 | Color Green White ..... 2 | Color Purple Brown ..... 3 | Color Yellow Black ..... Original will be display like this: Date 11/20/2007 11/21/2007 ..... Number | Color Color 1 | Green White ..... 2 | Purple Brown ..... 3 | Yellow Black ..... Idea?Thanks in advance. ...

Economic Model Charts
I need help formatting a supply and demand diagram. I can not get the (x) and (y) axis to correspond the way that I need them to and the information inside the diagram is not going well either. Hi Candida try the following link http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/supply_and_demand/index.htm also a good source for charting tips are http://andypope.info/charts.htm http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/index.html HTH Frank Candida wrote: > I need help formatting a supply and demand diagram. I can not get > the (x) and (y) axis to correspond the way that I need them to and > the...

static colors in chart chart
I have an excel chart which is derived from a pivot table. The pivot table is updated on a weekly basis and I then print the chart. The values in the Y-axis stay constant as well as the serie names. The problem I'm having is that even if I change the legend color to be to my liking, when-ever I update the pivot table the chart automatically re-applies it's own color codes to the legend. Is there any way around this? a common way to handle this issue is to set up a sheet to print your graph from and copy the data in the pivot table and paste onto the new sheet. Then generate y...

Formating Hex Values
Guys/Gals I need to display byte values in Hex format and preserve leading zeros. so I came up with : format(hex(SomeByte),"00") to perform the deed. I just noticed an inconsistency with that code and changed it to : right("00" & hex(SomeByte),2) which fixes my problem. But I do not understand why the first form gives an incorrect result. I just hate not knowing! Can someone please help out? from the immediate window try this: for i = 89 to 91 : ? i, format(hex(i),"00") : next 89 59 90 00 <--- What's...

possible to equisize charts (6) in chart sheet?
My chart sheet has six charts on it; arranged in two columns of three charts each. The "snap to grid" feature is nice yet I am having difficulty getting all six of the charts to be the same size/dimension. Is there a shortcut for doing this or is it necessary to simply "eyeball" the heights and widths of the charts? I am hoping there is a way to automatically "tile" the charts. Thank you. Andrew - I usually use a regular worksheet for this, a blank one without all those numbers cluttering it up. When you drag and stretch charts on a worksheet, holding...

Inability to access Windows Live Hotmail Using Outlook after June 30th
Hi: After reading Diane's post that Outlook would be able to access Live Hotmail after June 30th, I downloaded and installed the Outlook Connector. Are there any special quirks I should know about using Outlook Connector? The installation was quite quick and painless, I just wanted to make sure there was nothing else that had to be configured. Thanks for your reply! -- Check out the great stores listed here! Receive special offers! Visit http://driven.mysite.com "tempting2taanzaa" in <news:eXGSoQm2IHA.1240@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl> wrote: > Hi: > > Af...

How do I create a Chart from character data?
Need to create a chart from character data. Do I use pivot table or bar/pie chart and do I need to create a Macro? Basically, how do I do this? Is this a column of text, and you want a chart to show the frequency of each item in the list? If so, add a heading to the column, then create a pivot table to summarize the data, and create a pie chart from the pivot table results. In your pivot table, add the text field button to the row area, and another copy of the same field button to the data area, where it will become 'Count of text'. There are instructions for pivot tables in...

Chart totals
I need help. I have a chart with multiple columns and three rows. Each row has a total. I would like to do a stacked column chart shoeing the each rows value and the totals without the totals effecting the chart. When I try and do it now, the total throws off the chart? Hi, Does this work around help? http://www.andypope.info/charts/StackColTotal.htm Cheers Andy Angela wrote: > I need help. I have a chart with multiple columns and three rows. Each row > has a total. I would like to do a stacked column chart shoeing the each rows > value and the totals without the total...

Excel Charts
Hi, I've created a userform using excel vba (macros) and am trying to display some charts on the form dynamically.. There are 2 options available. 1. To create a basic chart template in excel and dynamically changing the data and display it. But the problem i am facing is how to show the chart in the userform. I have tried image control , but its not working.. 2. To use excel automation classes to dynamically create charts and attach its data and display it in the userform.. i know these can be somehow done using VB, but i don't have vb, just Excel!! Can anyone please help...

Charts
Hi, This is the follow up to a discussion that started two days ago, is there anybody who can reply? In my Consolidated WB I have 7 Charts and 1 database I have created as a data source. In fact, in the DB, there are the formulas which get the data from ten different WBs. Let's try with an example. The consolidated DB into the WB"Cons" has got 10 Companies into it, but to simplify I'll put 5: A B C D E Company 1 3 1 2 0 0 Company 2 5 1 2 10 13 Company 3 4 2 3 5 6 Company 4 ...

Date Values
I currently have a cell that shows week commencing, ie Mondays date only for any particular week, I currently update this cell every week. I have been looking, unsuccessfully, for a function to automate this process, any ideas. Thanks Alec =TODAY()-WEEKDAY(TODAY(),2)+8 will show next Monday even on a Monday -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Alec" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:003201c39e4d$9d0f4580$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I currently have a cell that shows week commencing, ie > Mondays date only for any particular week, I currently > upd...

Linked Picture to Chart
I can not link a picture of a cell to a chart. I tried the shift-paste method but the shift-paste-link is greyed out. I tried the = sign on the highlighted picture in the chart but it just gives me a text book in the chart. I have conditional formating on the cell and that 'color' changes with my data. Any help is appreciated. USAF You could use a Worksheet_Change event to delete the old picture, and paste a new one into the chart, when a different value is entered in the cell. Terry Miller wrote: > I can not link a picture of a cell to a chart. I tried > the shift...

Charts in Sheet #2
How come...when you change the source data...in other words...expand the data series to incorporate new data within a chart.. save changes then, exit the chart,..... the cursor moves to the top of the spreadsheet?? Why is this so? Why can't my mouse (cursor) stay in and around the chart??? Larry ...

how do I show a discontinuous chart axis
-- Sam See Jon Peltier's work http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "SamR" <SamR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46188826-18A9-43CF-9FFB-C533905EA30E@microsoft.com... > > -- > Sam ...

Pasting an excel chart with fill effects into word (both 2002 SP-2 versions)
I am having problems copying/pasting excel charts into a word document. The problem is this. I copy an excel chart to the clipboard. I then open the word document and paste the contents of the clipboard into the word document. I use "Edit - Paste Special - Bitmap" This pastes the excel chart into a table cell in the word document (which I manually resize at a later time), but the problem is that I lose all of the color attributes (the chart converts from color to black&white). Why can't I paste a color object into word? I noticed that if I return to the excel ...

Adding free text to a chart

Creating a chart
Hi there, I need to create a chart, line graph, for the following table. First row contains date: 30/09/2007 01/10/2007 02/10/2007 03/10/2007 04/10/2007 05/10/2007 Second row contains : DB DG DG DR DG YL Third row contains: R R R G G B I've tried converting them in columns, but the graph does not come correct. Please, help it is urgent.... Thanks. Kind regards, Rashi ...

Multiple chart copy
Hi there, Is there any way that i can copy a user defined number of charts on a sheet. There are 24 charts on the sheet and i want to copy a predefined number of these (for pasting into WORD). when using..... ActiveSheet.Shapes.Range(Array("Chart 84", "Chart 85", "Chart 86")).Select the charts have to be indentified before runtime. is there a way such as For a = ChartNumFirst to ChartNumLast chartobjects(a).copy next so i end up with all charts copied, rather than just the last one? regards, Mark Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim myChartNames() As St...

Double-stacked Bar Chart WITH a Secondary Y Axis Line chart?
How can I create a double stacked bar chart w/ a secondary Y-axis line chart? I've read and understand the "Column Chart with a Difference" example here: http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme/ExcelTips/Columns.htm. But, need to go the step further, to have a % displayed on the secondary Y axis. The general rule in all such cases -- keep in mind it is *not* universal -- is to create whatever kind of chart you want. Then, select the series you want to move to the secondary axis and change its type with Chart | Chart Type... Next, move it to the secondary axis by double-clickin...

How to set this up for a chart?
We're comparing some new fixtures for our work vehicles to see how many miles they will last. Each fixture has several components. When we need to replace one, we record the odometer reading of the vehicle. How would I set this up to have a comparison chart? Let's say four vehicles. Each fixture was installed at a different odometer reading, but that was the "zero" for that vehicle. I have the odometer at replacement. Maybe the bottom scale as a mileage value higher than my total miles for any one vehicle, and the vertical scale as number of failures. But what would be...

Periodic inability to send and/or receive mail with correct login credentials
This is a problem that has been bugging me for months...and one which I cannot seem to solve via normal technical support channels. From talking with friends and colleagues, I have found that I'm not the only one experiencing this and I'm wondering if anyone has a solution: Using Microsoft Outlook (the version doesn't seem to matter) or Outlook Express with log-on credentials that are correct and have been working, messages will pop up saying that the incoming and/or outgoing mail server can't be found, or that the server prematurely severed the connection. Sometimes t...

Pivots/Charts
Is it possible to create one chart from two pivots? I have a pivot with current month information and another pivot with the last month. Independently they would be a stacked bar chart. I want to create a combination of the stacked bar charts and a column to compare the 2 months. Is this possible? ...