In XY chart How to get Y values corresponding any X value

In a XY chart, I require to extract the Y value corresponding to any X value
and use this Y value for further claculation. In there any function of method
of this?
0
Khadanga (1)

Not as a chart function, but in the sheet with the data you can use the
FORECAST function.
--
David Biddulph

"S Khadanga" <S Khadanga@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In a XY chart, I require to extract the Y value corresponding to any X
> value
> and use this Y value for further claculation. In there any function of
> method
> of this?

0
David

Line Chart-EXACT End Date
This has come up several times on "tests" I have taken for jobs. I have gotten this to work in the past by playing with the scale but I am sure there is a better way to do it. I want to create a line chart based on dates where the end date shows on the axis. The data doesn't have a common denominator that makes sense so I am stumped. If I had my choice I would use a Scatter as I can make those dates behave but I need to do it with a Line Chart. Have tried the Time/Scale axis as well as the Category option. Thanks. One easy way in a line chart is to sort the worksheet ...

Re: How can I change size of chart Legend without losing half of the contents?
Oops! Wrong NG. Sorry. "Chris Mitchell" <chris.a.mitchell@NOSPAMbtinternet.com> wrote in message news:... > When I try to resize the Legend associated with a chart I can't reduce it > without losing half of the content, and in order to show all of the > content the Legend has to be so big it takes up nearly half the chart. > There are only 6 or 7 entries in the Legend, but the space between each of > them is enormous. If this was in MS Word I'd fix it by changing the > Paragraph settings and reducing the space before and after ea...

Draw statistical Charts
I always wonder is it possible to draw statistical Charts as in Excel the same in an Access reports. Any VBA code links, url I would appreciate it very much. Iliadis kon ...

Charting macro for creating multiple charts on multiple sheets
I have a 26 workbooks with about 100 worksheets for tracking stocks. It is in the form of a table. It has date, open, low, high, close volume, and adjusted close for the headers. Each worksheet is named after the stock ticker name such as ATT. I am trying to create a macro which will go through each sheet from a list in column C of a sheet called Insurt and create 3 charts on each sheet. One with the prices and dates excluding the volume for the entire table, approximately 1500 rows. The second chart is for 250 rows, approximately 1 year, and the third chart is for 50 rows, approximately 3 mon...

XY
I once had a link to an XY program that could place descriptions automatically above each point. My computer has been upgraded and unfortunately I cannot find the link. Can anyone help me. Thanks Anne You can use Rob Bovey's XY Chart Labeler to add labels. It's a free add-in that you can download from his web site: http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm Anne wrote: > I once had a link to an XY program that could place > descriptions automatically above each point. My computer > has been upgraded and unfortunately I cannot find the > link. Can anyone...

where do i get a SIPOC diagram template?
Try http://www.asq.org/sixsigma/tools-exchange/tools-templates.html John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://visio.mvps.org/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://visio.mvps.org/VBA.htm Visio Wishlist http://visio.mvps.org/wish_list.htm "Carlos" <Carlos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07A221F0-E904-49FC-99BE-FA2848A54527@microsoft.com... > On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 16:45:01 -0800, Carlos <Carlos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >where do i get a SIPOC diagram template? Google enter "SIPOC Visio template" gives you...

expression as a value of a table
Hi all,I have a table that contains numbers and names of tables all in onefield,the type of the records for the table is text.is it posible to request to convert the value to a value of a table aspart of SQL sentence?...

Customising Gantt Chart
Dear all, I've been able to produce a Gantt chart, sort of like I want it to be by using this macro: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/213447. However I need to do some tweaking: I want task 2 to start where task 1 ended, etc. Somehow I'm not able to figure it out Thnx! The Red Special Hi, In order to start task2 where task1 ends you need to sum the values in Task1. Assuming Task1 information is in cells B4:D4 then the start date of Task2 in cell B5 would be =B4+C4+D4 And for more information on gantt charts see, http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=3...

Upgraded to Office 2007, area chart messed up
I just upgraded to Office 2007, now my area charts need to be fixed. I have been using stacked area charts. Now 2007 has added a line from the origin to the last data value for each series and shades the areas for that series above and below the line. I simply want the shading to go from the X-axis up to the first series, and then from each series up to the next series. How can I fix the area chart? Thanks, Capt Cook ...

How to remove a field value using Bulk Edit
Does anyone know how to remove a field value using Bulk Edit? The goal is to make the field blank for all selected records. ...

Animated charts
Hello, I want to create a chart, which has a slider, and when the slider is constantly clicked the area under a curve from a chart starts progressively being coloured (filled) until it reaches the end of the curve and the end of the slider. How can create these types of charts. regards The example near the bottom of this page: http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=246 shows how to use a slider to control which data is charted. Ignore that my example uses dates, and just set it up for whatever units your X-axis uses. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel M...

chart
how to create a new chart? Hi, highlight your information, Insert, chart, choose the one that you want to see, you can change it later if this helps please click yes, thanks "mona s ibrahim" wrote: > how to create a new chart? ...

How to get rid of Adobe add-in?
I have eliminated Adobe's additions to MS Office programs and they duly disappeared from all programs, except from Visio. I physically deleted the file C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\PDFMaker\Office\PDFMVisio.vsl, but now each time I start Visio, I get a warning: "Visio could not find this add-in or one of its files. This feature is not installed. Would you like to install it now?" I haven't been able to find where the add-in definition resides. Can anyone help me get rid of the nagging warning? ...

Chart Names
Hi everyone, I'm sorry if this is an easy one but I just can't figure it out. I have a worksheet with 3 charts on it. I need to write some VBA to select each chart in turn and change its axis settings. So I figured the first thing to do is to name the charts so that I can select them properly in the VBA. But how do I name a chart??? If I select the chart I get "Chart Area" in the name box and I can't edit it. Many thanks for any help, Tony M As answered in .programming -- Hold the Ctrl key and click on the chart to select it. Click in the Name Box, type a new ...

Update Chart Titles with Worksheet_Change Event
I have a chart sheet called ("Histogram")with an active X dropdown box which pulls in data from Sheet1. The Active X dropdown list sends a number to a named cell ("ChartNumber") on Sheet1 which is then used within 2 Index formulas to create an active range for my X and Y range to feed my chartsheet("Histogram"). I am trying to update my chart X axis title and my X axis format using a Worksheet_Change Event within Sheet1. I have four basic titles and formats which I have put inside a Case Statement. However I cannot seem to make it work. I want the Worksheet_C...

xy-chart
I have kind of xy-chart. Values on x and y varies a lot according to calculations so i would like to fit them to my chart area. But i would like to fit them so that x equals y, so the scale is 1:1. - fit x according its max value (enabling 'max value' in chart) - scale y so that 1:1 scale is achieved. (Here i can't use the 'max value' in chart, because 1:1 scale can't be achieved) What to do. Thank You in advance. Check Jon Peltier's webpage for instructions: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/format.html#SqrGrid GL, Henk "Jasoni" wrote: > I ...

Dynamic Charts
I have an array of DEM (Digital Elevation Map) data. Rows are Latitudes, Columns Longitudes. I have created a graph (Area) that plots the elevation across Longitudes (Column) for a given range of Latitude (Lines). Nice graph! I would like the plot to update automatically when I glide the cursor down the first column (Latitude), i.e. when I move the cursor down the range. Cursor movement would be by KBoard not mouse. Thanks, Pierre Pierre - I did this as a dynamic chart, with a worksheet event procedure to update the ranges when the activecell changed. I assumed the data was in a rectangu...

Money 05 markel Total portfolio market value
I seems a simple request - but is there any way to maintain a history of total portfolio market value and plot it on a graph report? I'd certainly like to see that (and I'd imagine most investors would like it as well) - but it does not appear in the list Standard Investment reports. Or do I have to jot it down each day and enter into an Excel spreadsheet? Many TIA - JohnS ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ From John Saxon www.pcug.org.au/~jsaxon In fine Springtime Canberra ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ You can do it on a monthly basis using the Net Worth over Time report. If you want it down to ind...

Updating Chart fails
Hello everybody, I have problems updating charts in Excel when using VisualBasic to calculate values. I calculate values with a self-written function "func". My sheet looks like this: x y 1 =func(a2) 2 =func(a3) 3 =func(a4) This function "func" depends on some variables that I set in a sheet. If I change on of this variables, I have to do a "Application.CalculateFullRebuild" to get "y"-values updated. All fine. But now I have a chart that plots this x-y data. This graph is not updated by "Application.CalculateFullRebuild". It only updates ...

Office X start
Hello, Everytime I click on an Office document (word, excel, powerpoint) I get an error 10660. But if I just start the program (click on word) it starts up. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks Try this: Do a Get Info (cmd-I) on a Word document. Set it to Open With Word 2004 and click Change All. Repeat for other programs. Sounds like it doesn't know which application to use to open the files--the OS may have gotten confused, perhaps if you updated Office recently? On 10/12/05 10:19 AM, "egiraffe" wrote: > Hello, > > Everytime I click on an Office document ...

Alternate axis at top of chart
i have a number of X-Y scatter plots where I need to have either only an alternate abscissa axis at top of chart or alternate ordinate on right and abscissa on top. I can easily do the alternate ordinate but can't find a way to do the alternate abscissa. How do I do it. the only option I see at moment is to redraw graphs in Visio and then add the axises. I prefer to use Excel XP but can use 07 if need be. Thanks in advance for any suggestions! What you need are secondary axes, and you need multiple series in order to get secondary axes. Right click one of the series, choose Forma...

org chart
As I move down the chart the print in the higher boxes shrinks. Any idea how I can stop this? If you are using XP or 2003 you can quickly fix the problem when the chart is complete. Select the top box. Choose Select|Branch from the Toolbar, set the Font size you want. Resizing the diagram might help, too tj ...

Dynamic Scatter Charts
I have scatter charts that will change as new data is added but I can't seem to get my macro that adds the data labels to work with defined names. Does anyone know if this is possible? Thanks in advance for any help that anyone can give me! You don't need a macro: http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/2008/05/14/dynamic-charts/ http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Neweirs" <Neweirs@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Can I create an Excel chart from non-contiguous data cells?
Using Excel Office 2003, I'm being asked to create charts from existing worksheets, often several within a workbook, using specific cells (total/average cells). The cells are not adjacent to one another, but they are identical from one worksheet to another. In my case, the cells are K15, K29, K42, W15, W29, and W42. I'd like a separate chart for each worksheet, and would like to have the chart automatically created once the data is in the worksheet. Is this possible? You can select discontiguous data by selecting one area, then holding CTRL while selecting additional areas....

Searching for values
I would like to create a report for the following: 1 - Read a worksheet with data like the following: C1 C2 R 1 - John Smith A R 2 - John Smith A R 3 - John Smith A R4 - Bob Jones 2 R5 - Bob Jones 1 R6 - Bob Jones 12 2 - Produce a report for every occurrence of John Smith: C1 C2 R 1 - John Smith A R 2 - John Smith A R 3 - John Smi...