In "Line-Column on 2 Axis," why does not a series change to colum.

I am trying to plot a 6-column, 1-line chart.  However, EXCEL decides that it
will be a 4-columns and 3-lines charts.  When I change the axis for series 5
and 6 to "primary," both series still carry line attributes.  The chart
description says that all series on the primary axis will be pltted as
column.  I have not been able to show series 5 and 6 as columns.  How do I
change them to columns?
0
Anant (2)

Try this:

Create a column chart for all the data.
Select the series of data for the line chart and change the chart type for
that series only to LINE.
If necessary, plot the line series on the secondary axis.

Does that do what you want?

"Anant" <Anant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to plot a 6-column, 1-line chart.  However, EXCEL decides that
it
> will be a 4-columns and 3-lines charts.  When I change the axis for series
5
> and 6 to "primary," both series still carry line attributes.  The chart
> description says that all series on the primary axis will be pltted as
> column.  I have not been able to show series 5 and 6 as columns.  How do I
> change them to columns?

0
breinhardt (272)
11/10/2004 5:55:09 PM
Anant -

Barb explains how to get the chart you want. The reason why the chart behaves as you
observed is that many of the "built-in custom" (love that phrase) chart types like
to split the types in the chart. So it tries to make the line-column with equal
numbers of lines and columns. The best it can do is a 4-3 split. If you added an
eighth series, it would be a line.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Anant wrote:

> I am trying to plot a 6-column, 1-line chart.  However, EXCEL decides that it
> will be a 4-columns and 3-lines charts.  When I change the axis for series 5
> and 6 to "primary," both series still carry line attributes.  The chart
> description says that all series on the primary axis will be pltted as
> column.  I have not been able to show series 5 and 6 as columns.  How do I
> change them to columns?

In "Line-Column on 2 Axis," why does not a series change to colum.
I am trying to plot a 6-column, 1-line chart. However, EXCEL decides that it will be a 4-columns and 3-lines charts. When I change the axis for series 5 and 6 to "primary," both series still carry line attributes. The chart description says that all series on the primary axis will be pltted as column. I have not been able to show series 5 and 6 as columns. How do I change them to columns? Try this: Create a column chart for all the data. Select the series of data for the line chart and change the chart type for that series only to LINE. If necessary, plot the line series ...