I am trying to project out a line graph based on data

Hi,

I have made a line chart based on some data for a fiften year period. I
would like to plot out the future points for a thirty year period based on
this data. Does anyone know how to do this?
0
Lisa1 (290)

To perform a line projection, first click on the series the you would like to
forecast.  Go to Chart -> Add Trendline.  The "options" tab will allow you to
project the trend forward.  You will probably want to use the "linear"
option.  It can also provide an equation which would allow you to manually
calculate a future projection as opposed to using the trendline.

--
John Mansfield
http://cellmatrix.net

"Lisa" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have made a line chart based on some data for a fiften year period. I
> would like to plot out the future points for a thirty year period based on
> this data. Does anyone know how to do this?

problem with scatter graph
My problem is that I set up my graphs ahead of time and select the whole range where the data is eventually filled in. When I look at the graph until the range is full of data the graph doesn't act as a scatter graph. The X value starts at 1 and increases linearly from there. The graph looks the same but it is skewed and doesn't reflect the x values correctly. Is there any fix to this? Thanks Steve You are probably creating a line chart. Even though the Line Chart looks similar to the XY Scatter Chart, they are very different beasts. You want the latter. -- Regards, ...

trying this out
This is a test posting. On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 16:06:51 +0800, "hmmmm" <bobo123@dotdot.dyndns.org> wrote: >This is a test posting. > Please use microsoft.public.test or microsoft.public.test.here for your testing. This is a working newsgroup. If you have questions about an Access database, please post them. John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

Reflect changes based on field choice
On my form I have a field called amount and a field called Checkstatus. The amount signifies a check amount and status signifiespending, returned or cleared. Is it possible that when cleared isselected a calculation will automatically reflect the change .Example:Available Balance $5000Check Amount Status$3000 PendingBalance reflects $2000 availableCheck Amount Status$3000 ClearedBalnce reflects $5000I know in excel I would achieve this with an IF function however I amsomewhat lost in AccessTIA Use an expression in a query to get the result of the ...

Hide Global.xls (personal.xls) in project explorer
How do I hide VBAProject(Global.xls) in project explorer. I just want my normal project there. Helge You can't hide it, but you could give it a password: Select your project Tools|VBAProject|Protection tab Give it a memorable password At least the project won't be too intrusive. nankerp wrote: > > How do I hide VBAProject(Global.xls) in project explorer. I just want > my normal project there. > > Helge -- Dave Peterson ...

Lines on 2 Axes for Graphs
Why do only 5 data lines show up on the graph, when data calls for a total of 8 lines to show? Thanks Do three of them have such low values they are not visible at the bottom of the chart? Or perhaps three series coincide with the series you can see, but are hidden behind the visible series. To investigate, select series 1, then press the Up arrow key to select all the other series in turn. Where does the selection jump to for the unseen series? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Grap...

sharing data between 2 apps
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C3FC62.29245F70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, I wish to share a floating point array between two win32 apps. I am using FileMappingObject to send the data. If I send a pointer to the floating point array instead of the actual data can the second app access the floating point array? I know this is a dumb question, because memory sharing data between 2 processes requires more than just a pointer, but I feel that sending a pointer would be ...

Over-receiving PO Line Items
We need a POP setting that can be turned on in each company database to keep users from over-receiving PO Line Items. I have encountered this request numerous times in support. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/...

Trying to clear up Received but not invoiced report
I am trying to clean up the received not invoiced items. The problem began with entering a purchase order and then not matching the invoice to the items received agaisnt the purchase order. SO we thought that doing a returned transaction entery would solve the problem. The only thing is now the return shows up on our Received/ Not invoiced report. And the report is becoming a huge mess and difficult to use. What is the best way to clear up items that have been received but were not matched and already paid through the invoice entery? There is a knowledgebase article on this very thing av...

how to resovle MS project 2007 - CICONotCheckedOut
how to resovle MS project 2007 - CICONotCheckedOut - Failed But Not Blocking Correlation - Project Checkin issueQuestion: I have googled around for this perticular one no one has fix for this, i tried removing my project professional sp2 on client and applying sp1 with april CU but still same issue, i deleted the proejct recreated same... also i have full configured in house mail server, when i assign a resource and commit him for job he dont get email notification nor does that show in hi my tasks on PWA. what can i do to resovle the issue. for screen shot click here - http...

how to draw Rect with a Dot line?
hello. I want to design a MDI program.In this ,I will Draw a Shape .Ok, shape is ok. Now,question is if I want select this shape ,how to draw a dot line while mousemove ? Create a dotted pen, select the pen into the DC, and redraw. Also look into the CRectTracker class, which may be more like what you need. joe On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 09:45:42 +0800, "sxbluesky" <sxbluesky@sohu.com> wrote: >hello. >I want to design a MDI program.In this ,I will Draw a Shape .Ok, shape is >ok. Now,question is if I want select this shape ,how to draw a dot line >while mous...

I am trying to round up to the nearest 25 cents
I am trying to round a money value to the nearsest 25 cents and it keeps rounding to the nearest dollar HELP Try =CEILING(A1, 0.25) In article <2DB8F007-1E27-4A48-923B-C7D4D0238B5E@microsoft.com>, sypher <sypher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to round a money value to the nearsest 25 cents and it keeps > rounding to the nearest dollar HELP =ROUND(A1*4,0)/4 -- HTH Bob Phillips "sypher" <sypher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DB8F007-1E27-4A48-923B-C7D4D0238B5E@microsoft.com... > I am trying to round a mone...

Graph intra-day stock data
How do you graph intra day data (Date, Open, High, Low, Close) format. Where the Date includes the time: (2/22/04 9:00 AM format). Currently, I get a chart with all the individual 30 min bars being grouped into just a daily bar, I would like individual bars for each half hour. The easiest way would be to use a XY Scatter chart, rather than a Line chart. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <106ea01c3f3b9$e560c6d0$a001280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.mi...

project topics
suggest some .NET project topics using C Sharp "Prajakta Nikam" <nikam.prajakta@gmail.com> wrote in message news:3ce94751-ca3a-423f-b73b-0702b98d7b61@2g2000prl.googlegroups.com... > suggest some .NET project topics using C Sharp Enter a fun programming contest: http://www.azspcs.net/ ...

send/receive (2nd try)
New computer. Microsoft XP Home. Microsoft Office XP Small Business 2002. Earthlink dial-up account. Two e- mail accounts. After opening Outlook, 1st send/receive (option 3, all accounts) usually prompts for both passwords, downloads messages, all good. Next time, though, no prompt for account 2, error cannot connect to server, account 1 usually gets messages. Every five minute send/receive option eventually degenerates to cannot connect to server errors for both accounts. Meanwhile internet browsing slows to a crawl. Any ideas? ...

How to send email after entry from data access page
I hope this is an easy one, but i am not a programmer. I got volunteered for this because i built an inventory database. Access 2003I have a simple referral table that i have linked to an "Input" page for people to enter records (including a drop down list of email addresses). And an "Output" page where pepole can come and edit. That part seems to be working fine.I need to have an email sent out when a new record is posted. Ideally, i would like it to be sent out based on who is selected in that email list, but i would settle for anything at this point.Thank you in adv...

How do I cancel a msg Outlook keeps trying to send unsuccessfully?
How do I cancel an "in process" email Outlook keeps trying to send unsuccessfully due to a huge email message I tried to send with way too many attachments? It's stuck in "send" mode, and as a result, I can't send any emails because Outlook cannot get past trying to send this message. How do I cancel a pending outbox transmission while it's trying to send? I've tried everything I can think of to no avail. Please help! Angelczech wrote on Fri, 12 March 2010 07:32 > How do I cancel an "in process" email Outlook keeps trying to send ...

stacked bar graphs
Hello all, Is there a way of conditionally formatting the fill colour of seperat segments on a stacked bar graph. My chart has a different colour for each segment at the moment. I wa wondering if it was possible to say have the segment of the chart t be the same fill colour as the source data cell fill colour. I am using Office 2000 and am fairly new to VBA. Thanks in advance, Greg -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can have VBA see the color of the cell, and apply it to the chart element, but if the cells have conditional formatting, it's gonna cost you a gre...

MS Project 2007 Resource Usage View
Hi, In MS Project 2007, in Resource Usage view, the dates shown are EARLY dates, how can I show the same using LATE dates? Thank you, Hello Muny, I'm guessing you have added the Early Start field to the Usage table (left side) of the Resource Usage view. You may add the Late Start and Late finish through Insert > Column. I hope this helps. Let us know how you get along. Julie Project MVP Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional information about Microsoft Project On 2/22/2010 10:36 AM, Muny wrote: > Hi, > > In MS Project 200...

how do I accrue balances based on the actual date?
I am trying to have a database that will automatically be able to keep the balance of sick time available, based on the actual date. The sick time is accrued on a monthly basis, I would like the formula to show after the date has already past. ...

trying to insert a 0 in front of zipcode
Hello, I do not use excel at all so i have no clue! I have a list of daycares that i want to create mailing labels with...about 700 of them but the problem is my zipcode column there needs to be a zero in front of all 700 zipcodes how to i insert a zero in front of them without having to type it into each box? the other question is can i print labels directly from excel or do i have to go thru ms word? thanks Greg One of these 1) format the cells with custom format 00000 2) format the cells with Special / Zip Codes 3) format the cells as Text 4) begin all zip codes with an sin...

How do I display text based on form checkbox?
I have a checkbox, chkRetain, that exists on a subform. When users have it checked, and they run a particular report, rptProposal, I'd like the following text to be displayed in one of the group footers: "This proposal is for material supply only and subject to 0% retainage. Signed Proposal or Purchase Order will be accepted upon award of project." When chkRetain is not checked, nothing would display on the report. The report is run via 2 command buton2 (View & Print). My questions are: 1. Do I place the text in a label or a text box? I was going to set the Can Grow pro...

Avoid automatic text to column split while pasting data
I am copying data from Access and pasting it in Excel. The column containing "LastName, FirstName" is automatically getting pasted in 2 columns. I want it to get pasted in one column only. Currently ColA ColB John| Doe I need it to be ColA Thank you! John, Doe You probably used Data>Text to Columns>Delimited by "comma" for some other operation. Excel remembers this.........thank you much<g> Run through Data>Text to Columns with some dummy text and change the delimiter to nothing. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 09:41:00 -0700, Query...

Bulk load data conversion error
I have a Tab delimited .txt file I am trying to load into sql server table. Below is the code I am using. BULK INSERT Lab_To_Billing_Recon.dbo.TEST FROM '\\addfile00\groups\billing\BAM!\LIS_BIS_RECON\BULKINSERT.txt' with (FIRSTROW = 2, FIELDTERMINATOR = '\t', ROWTERMINATOR='\n', KEEPNULLS) I get the following error: Msg 4864, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Bulk load data conversion error (type mismatch or invalid character for the specified codepage) for row 2, column 6 (Signout Date). Any ideas what I may be leaving out or doing wrong? Any help is app...

Missing lines on a graphic problem.
Hello, a plea for help please. Using Excel 2002 on Windows XP, I've built a table of data and attempted a line graph. A couple of lines are drawn, but other lines only have the symbols drawn without the lines connecting them together. Please see http://www.bacchae.co.uk/images/tl-chart.gif for a screenshot. Any ideas please? Many thanks. ...