How X-ax reflect correc time interval when don't have all points

I need to reflect correct time intervals in my chart i.e. 15,30,60,120
minutes.  I have different treatment groups and measure a specific value at
each time point but I don't measure at all time points i.e. I measure
0,15,30,45,60,90,120,180 ect.  The time has to be on X-Axis but at the
moment, all time points I have are treated the same and don't reflect correct
interval i.e. the distance between 15-30 on X-Axis is the same as the
distance between 60-120 min.
I use excel 2003 version.
0
Narges (1)

Narges

It sounds like you are using a Line chart, not an XY (Scatter) chart.

To get your X axis time period to plot dimensionally, switch to an XY Chart
Type.

To change your chart type, just right click your chart,select Chart Type and
then XY (Scatter) chart.

...Kelly

koday@processtrends.com

"Narges" <Narges@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need to reflect correct time intervals in my chart i.e. 15,30,60,120
> minutes.  I have different treatment groups and measure a specific value
> at
> each time point but I don't measure at all time points i.e. I measure
> 0,15,30,45,60,90,120,180 ect.  The time has to be on X-Axis but at the
> moment, all time points I have are treated the same and don't reflect
> correct
> interval i.e. the distance between 15-30 on X-Axis is the same as the
> distance between 60-120 min.
> I use excel 2003 version.

0
dkod (205)

computing time
I would like to raise a formula which calculate a time value and display it in a specified format from the distance and the speed. e.g. B1=42195 distance in m A2=17 speed in km/h or *(10/36) = 4.722 in m/s Time = B1/(A2*10/36) = 8935.412 s I would like the following result displayed in B2: 02:28:55'41 which corresponds to Time converted in hh:mn:s'(1/10). I prefer a solution not using the excell function TIME. Could anyone help? Thanks, St�phane. Hi use the formula =(B1/(A2*10/36))/(24*60*60) and afterwards format the cell with the custom format [hh]:mm:ss.00 -...

Complicated Time Formula
Hello, This is a bicycle ride log, and I am having a really hard time with some time formulas. I'm trying to calculate three metrics (denoted by ?) based on the three data points that my bike speedometer provides (please see table below). Miles 27 +Ride Time ? +Rest Time ? =Total Time 2:15:49 Total Time Avg Speed ? Ride Time Avg Speed 12.4 Can anyone help? I sort of calculated the total time with =C8/(HOUR(C12)+MINUTE(C12)/60+(IF(SECOND(C12)>30,1/60,0))), but I didn't handle the seconds very w...

Timing out
Why does Outlook 2003 connecting to a Exchange 2000 server, disconnect or require reauthenication if Outlook is idle for more than 10 minutes? ...

how do I count the number of times a word is repeated in a range?
Adapted from Dave Peterson's fine earlier post........... =SUMPRODUCT(LEN(A1:C101)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(UPPER(A1:C101),UPPER(D1),"")))/LEN(D 1) Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "sol" <sol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC007FA4-1A54-4EA2-9748-D56A53A68DD2@microsoft.com... > Try here http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=235 or here http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/kblist.php Hope this helps -- keithl816 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ keithl816's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/membe...

Embedded PDF object in web page: OneNote is launching and opening PDFs at the same time as Adobe Reader
I have a Windows 2008 Server machine with Office 2007, Adobe Reader 9, and IE8 installed. When opening a web page with an embedded PDF control (using <object> tag and Adobe Reader's CLASSID) in IE8, the PDF appears properly in the Adobe PDF control embedded in the web page, but at the same time, OneNote launches separately and opens the same PDF. How do we stop OneNote from doing this? We have XP Pro machines with Office 2007, Reader 9, IE8 that do not exhibit this behavior. -- Paul -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > I have a Windows 2008 Serv...

Sending email at certain Time
Is it possible to have Excel automatically send an email at a specified time during the day. I have sales numbers that I want emailed to me at say 12 and 3 pm. Fester Fester, The code below will send an email to bscarano@gmail.com It will send the sales numbers from cells A1, A2, and A3, from sheet "Sales Data" To make it work, you must set a reference to Outlook from the VBE, and Excel must always be running. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP Dim NextTime As Date Sub StartIt() If Time() < 0.5 Then NextTime = Int(Now()) + 0.5 ElseIf Time() > 0.625 Then NextTime = Int(No...

Run a Macro at a certain time
I have tried to use Mike H's answer to Running Excel macro as a service dated 9/30/2008. I have us the task Scheduler to open the Excel Workbook containing the macro I want to run with a time of 2:00 AM. When I put the code Application.OnTime TimeValue("02:01:00"), "Merge" as the first line of the Macro Merge, nothing happens when 02:01:00 comes. What am I doing wrong? Jim Walsh Hi, To get the macro to run using ontime you have to start things off like this Private Sub Workbook_Open() Application.OnTime TimeValue("02:00:00"), &...

Pictures not opening. Little red X. email address
My email address should anyone have the answer to the question I posted today about pics not opening in forwarded email. thanks. This is caused by using WORD as your editor and having your options in word set to "Show placeholder" for pictures. Open Word, Select Options and poke around a bit until you see the option, then turn it off. -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "cr" <crrsr@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:00de01c3dc69$5c3c0520$a501280a@phx.gbl... My email address should anyone have the answer to the question I posted today about pics not opening in forw...

Auto Forward Emails
Afternoon All: I'm not sure if this can be done or not... we want to auto forward by rule email messages during a specific time period... most specifically after hours... is it possible to create a rule that would forward emails with a specific criteria during a specific set of hours? Thanks -- J_Nettles ...

restoring an individual mailbox to a give point in time
Have any of you needed to do this and succeeded? What steps did you take? not an individual mailbox - only blb will allow you to restore a single mailbox, but that cannot be done to a point in time; only from when the backup was taken...only way to do this is to restore the entire database, then replay all applicable transaction log files... "dondidati" <armtrece@vba.va.gov> wrote in message news:5cad01c48143$bfd1dbd0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Have any of you needed to do this and succeeded? What > steps did you take? ...

how do you format cells by time?
I am trying to sort times by earliest to latest on excel. EX: I want this 8:30am-9:30am 9:45am-12:00pm 12:45pm-1:30pm 2:00pm-3:45pm I have this 2:00pm-3:45pm 9:45am-12:00pm 8:30am-9:30am 12:45pm-1:30pm I have them mixed up, but how do I format them to work in ascending order by time?? You need to create a helper column to extract the end time into, and sort on that column. This will extract the time =TIME(MID(A1,FIND("-",A1,4)+1,FIND(":",A1,4)-FIND("...

How do I get Excel to display a negative value for time?
I am creating a set of worksheets analyzed with pivot tables and charts that track time delays in starting office procedures. Some of the procedures were begun before the scheduled time. How do I get Excel to show those as negatives or any other useful format? I am using Excell 2003. ...

Problem adding a vertical line to a graph with months on x-axis
I'm trying to add a vertical line that would indicate the current month, i.e. May 2007, to a graph with a Line and a Stacked Area, and months (e.g. January 2004 through December 2007) instead of days on the x-axis. I've tried different variations of http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLineVertSeries.html, without success. Any suggestions? What isn't working? Is your X axis a time-scale axis? You need to use the corresponding date as the X values of the XY series that controls the vertical line. In the time-scale axis, is your Base Unit days? Then you can use the date you wa...

Mac OS X 10.5 and fonts installed by Office 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Just thought I would share what I have noticed with fonts installed by the Office 2008 installer. - Office 2008 installs all it's fonts into \Library\Fonts\Microsoft. - The following lists fonts installed by Office 2008 that already exist in the system \Library\Fonts folder Andale Mono Arial Arial Black Arial Narrow Arial Rounded Bold Comic Sans MS Georgia Impact Tahoma Times New Roman Trebuchet MS Verdana Wingdings Wingdings 2 Wingdings 3 - The remaining 108 fonts Office 2008 installs (which I have not listed) a...

Can't sync windows time
I am using Windows Vista on my Acer computer. Recently I have noticed I cannot sync the time. I have tried about 20 servers and none work. I can, however ping most of them successfully at the cmd prompt level. I tried to give full access permissions to everything in H Key Local Machine but at the very least given full control to everything in W32 Time. I have another ACER model 3680 identical to the one with an issue and it works fine and have meticulously replicated each and every entry in W32 but to no avail. When I use the ATOMIC CLOCK repair Service part of the time sync program,...

How to speed up ShutDown time on Exchange server
I have Win2003 and Exchange 2003 on a server. If I need to re-boot, e.g. after installing my anti-spam software, it takes nearly 20 mins to shut-down. I only have a handfull of users. Why does it take so long and is there a way to speed it up? Thanks. Is the server also a domain controller? If so, that's expected behaviour. Usual workaround is to stop all the Exchange services before rebooting, which should speed things up a bit. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Stephen Aldous" <steve@stephenaldous.co...

Need BLANK template for brochure 2 fold 8.5 x 11 inch paper???
Where can I find blank templates for a 2 fold brochure printed on standard letter sized paper? If you really want a blank, then just choose "2 pages per sheet" or "Book fold" under "Multiple pages" on the Margins tab of Page Setup. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "womanatwork" <womanatwork@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E0D0EB4-86E5-4E2C-A083-C7854A74201D@microsoft.com... > Where can I find blank templates for a 2 fold brochure printed ...

Locking object to data points
How can I lock an arrow & text to a particular data point? In a time series graph, every time I add new dates, currently the arrows pointing to particular data points for particular dates have to be moved manually. On Jan 28, 10:00=A0am, CheriC <Che...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can I lock an arrow & text to a particular data point? =A0In a time s= eries > graph, every time I add new dates, currently the arrows pointing to > particular data points for particular dates have to be moved manually. Here is onne way which doesn't do exactly want...

military time calculations
I am trying to write a program that tracks time entries in "Military time" and then average multiple entries, that cover a 24 hour cylcle for three shifts. I have 90% of the formulas in place but have run into a snag. I need to figure per hour, the number of calls and the average time each took from call in to completion. There will be some hours without any calls and some with several. I need to examine each entry to see when the call came in and when completed, then take the elapsed time and store in a separate cell to be averaged together with other entires fr...

Change Calendar Time Zone gets stuck
Hi, I've got one user for whom the Change Calendar Time Zone process keeps getting stuck. This is the Outlook Time Zone Update Tool found here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e343a233-b9c8-4652-9dd8-ae0f1af62568&DisplayLang=en I've tried it on different workstations, it always gets stuck somewhere in the middle of updating 2300 appointments. We're using Outlook 2003 on XP Pro, SP 2 workstations that are fully patched. Small Business Server 2003 (Exchange Server 2003). Many thanks in advance, Matthew Did you use the official DST patch? -...

Case resolution errors
I am experiencing issues with remaining time on contracts not adding up correctly. The errors are being caused by how the time is rounded when resolving a case. As an example, if you resolve a case and enter 25 hours for the duration CRM will change the display to 1.04 days. The data is acually stored as 1498 minutes but it should be 1500 minutes. If I enter 25 hours the system should store the proper amount of minutes. I have reported this to Microsoft and they are considering a hotfix. Has anyone else seen this behaviour? If you use contracts with time allotments you are probably b...

i am trying to set up outlook 2000 for the first time
i dont know what information i need to enter for the POP3 or IMAP server how do i find out this informaiton? If you're setting it up for home use, you should consult your ISP for the information required. For work, consult your network administrator for the details. betsy wrote: > i dont know what information i need to enter for the POP3 or IMAP server > how do i find out this informaiton? "betsy" wrote in message news:90EA7729-06D5-4144-838A-C219FF4071DA@microsoft.com... > i dont know what information i need to enter for the POP3 or IMAP > server > how do i...

VC2003 project not building first time on VC2005
Hi All, I've imported a VC2003 project solution on VC2005. My problem is when i clean and build it on VC2005 it doesn't build, it throws 1 error which is also not mentioned anywhere on the output window, but when i build it again without cleaning the previous failed build, it builds fine... Please help me to resolve this; it may be environment problem.. Thanks in advance, Rohit "Rohit" <rksindhu@gmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:875005a3-9937-47c7-a617-4f17c007645c@k30g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > I've imported a VC2003 project solution on VC2005. &g...

EXCEL VBA
run-time error 1004 - Copy method of sheets class failed. Sheets("All_Reg_Data").Select Dim i_WHY_AM_I_5 As Integer i_WHY_AM_I_5 = 5 Range(Cells(1, i_WHY_AM_I_5), Cells(1, i_TotalNumberOfColumns - 1)).Select Selection.Copy Sheets("Reg_Data").Select Cells(1, i_WHY_AM_I_5).Select ActiveSheet.Paste Sheets(Array("Reg_Data", "Reg")).Select Sheets("Reg").Activate Sheets(Array("Reg_Data", "Reg")).Copy I received the error on the final line. The table consists of 6 sheets. The Reg_data is a table of Data, the Reg is a graph. No...

copy paste problems for chart from excel to power point, solution
I am really having troubles copying excel charts to power point, the charts are getting messed up after copying and pasting to power point. I tried everyting, turned off auto scale and selected the don't move or resize with cells option and still having the same problem, any idea how to fix that? Thanks! On Thu, 1 Mar 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Jean <Jean@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I am really having troubles copying excel charts to power point, the charts >are getting messed up after copying and pasting to power point. I tried >everyting, turned ...