How to stop Excel from auto updating chart?

Hi,

I have written a VBA that will find some averages for me.  It'll
output the averages in the same range of cells no matter which
monthly/seasonal averages I wanted.  Is there a way to make the chart
so that let's say...after I run the script to calculate the winter
averages, then make a chart of it on a worksheet, when I re-run the
script for summer, the chart wouldn't update to the summer data? In
another word, can I have the chart to not update?  I know under
there's Tools->Option->Edit->Ask to update automatic links but I don't
think this is what I'm looking for as it's already checked.

Thanks.

Two suggestions:

Leave the winter averages where they are, and put the summer averages in
another range.

Unlink the chart from the data:
http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/ChartsHowTo/DelinkChartData.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
_______

P. Lui wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have written a VBA that will find some averages for me.  It'll
> output the averages in the same range of cells no matter which
> monthly/seasonal averages I wanted.  Is there a way to make the chart
> so that let's say...after I run the script to calculate the winter
> averages, then make a chart of it on a worksheet, when I re-run the
> script for summer, the chart wouldn't update to the summer data? In
> another word, can I have the chart to not update?  I know under
> there's Tools->Option->Edit->Ask to update automatic links but I don't
> think this is what I'm looking for as it's already checked.
>
> Thanks.

If-formula in series-range of chart-datasource
Hello there, depending on the "True" or "False"-value of a checkbox in a worksheet, I need to show one or the other dataseries for the X-axis in an XL-chart. However, when I try to integrate an If-formula into the series-definition in the datasource-dialogbox, Excel doesn't accept that. Is there a way to make a dataseries shown dependent on a condition ? Thank you in advance, Kind regards, H.G. Lamy Hi look at the following examples http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChartByControl.html http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html ...

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Address book updating...

Excel not Access

Before Update on record select

Using part of a cell in a chart title

Excel 2007

applying auto archiving
Hello evryone. I am not a sys admin or a programmer. My company is short on cash. So I am trying my best for the past 2 weeks to find a solution for auto archiving for all 200 mailbox users that we have. I have implemented a GPO to apply settings for auto archiving but the problem we have is that the archive.pst is still locall. I have researched online and foung that CDO can help view the hidden "IPC.MS.Outlook.AgingProperties" and alter it and this CDO can loop nd perform the same task for all folders within a user’s mailbox. I would like some help with this please. I know t...

Exchange update problem

Need help with Auto Filter

How do I use traffic lights in excel

help with simple maths in excel

Chart template?
I am working with a chart, created from a pivot table. The chart has the various [drop down] fields available for selecting different values for the chart to show. I have formatted the chart with specific settings, fonts, colors, etc., but everytime I use one of the dropdowns, the formatting goes back to the default. I have looked for a place to save as a template, or defaults without luck. Thanks for any help you can provide! Alan ...

Radar chart in Access 2007 report

Opening Excel Workbooks

Excel DNS query

Excel Problem