How to set the bar chart with different colour automatically

I would like to do the setting in Excel for a different colour in bar chart
with different data (or with formatting). How to do that ?
0
lowbo (1)

If you are using Excel 97 - 2003 and you often want to apply the same set of
colours, you can customize the bottom two rows of the palette. Tools,
Options, Color.

Fill colours in Series are automatically applied  starting from the first
colour in row 6 of the palette. If you have more than 8 series the next fill
colours will be automatically applied from the 7th row. Note that the
palette is saved with the workbook. You might want to store your customized
palette in a template.

If you are using Excel 2007 you can change the "Theme" or make your own
customized colours. Series are formatted with each of the 6 accent colours
in turn, but with a different set of "TintAndShade" for each set of 6
series.

Alternatively, with all versions, you can format each series individually.

Regards,
Peter T

"lowbo" <lowbo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like to do the setting in Excel for a different colour in bar chart
> with different data (or with formatting). How to do that ?

0
Peter

setting up new outlook mail account

how can I change the scale of the numbers in my chart data table?
I have set up a simple graph, and I have opted to show a data table at the bottom which shows my graph results numerically. However, whilst I have changed the scale on the value axis with no problem, I cannot change the scale of my data table to thousands.. the only option I seem to have is to be able to format the font. Please can you help? A chart data table has very limited capability. Instead of using one, consider simulating the effect. See Custom Chart Table http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/data_table/index.htm -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel,...

OWA Set Rule problem

How can I open outlook in a different inbox, i.e.hotmail ?
I am using Microsoft Outlook 2002 i Windows XP and opens in its own inbox. Is it possible to set it to open in the Hotmail inbox where my mail is found? ...

How to set backcolour

Stacked Bar and Line on Same Graph
Hi Is it possible to produce, on a single graph, a stacked bar chart and a line chart with left vertcal axis showing bar scale and right vertical axis showing line scale. .... heres hoping ... John Hi, Assuming you mean column (vertical) rather than bar (horizontal). Create the stacked column chart based on all the series. Select series you want as line and via the right-click context menu change the chart type to line. Then format the line to use the second axis via the format dialog - scale tab. If you really did mean bars then the line chart needs to be a xy-scatter. Cheers Andy ...

Set Regional Settings but not Language

Appointment duration different between Outlook and MS-CRM
Does anyone know why an All Day Event on Outlook and an All Day Event in MS-CRM have different durations. It seems that an All Day Event in MS-CRM is calculated based on the individuals start and end times in their CRM user record but an Outlook All Day Event is the full 24 hours regardless of the start and end time you set up in Calendar options. This makes it difficult to use CRM for reporting the total amount of time spent working on a lead or opportunity if individuals are creating all day appointments in Outlook and synchronizing the data back to MS-CRM Any ideas? -- Simon Morri...

Reading Pane Settings

x Bar and R chart
Has anyone created an x-Bar and R chart in excel. Uncle bob: I entered XBar Chart Excel and found over 9,200 references. So there is a lot out there for you to look at. There are a number of commercial add-ins if you are undertaking a major Statistical process Control (SPC) program. On the other hand, there are dozens of free downloads if your are looking for "how to" information. I have put a simple control chart "how to" on my site that may help to get you started. http://processtrends.com/pg_charts_control_chart.htm .... Kelly koday@processtrends.com &qu...

interactive buttons, multiple sets

How do I set OOR

Chart drilldown to data
I have a client that has MS Excel 2000 bar charts made from worksheet data series. He wants to be able to click on a chart object such as a bar and have the source data come to the front. I have tried to put buttons over the chart but I can't change the button color to match the chart. I can change the chart bar to be the gray color of the button but that is not desirable. Is their a way to send the button to the back behind the chart and still get the button to respond to a click? Is there any way to turn a worksheet cell into a button? The only way I can see is to place a button ov...

Set Focus

What is the formula for getting time difference e.g. ("4 hrs 15 m.
I have 2 rows - one has a start time and other has the end time. In the third row, i want to display the difference between two times. And it should come in this manner... "4 hrs 15 min".. what would be the exact formula? Regards sandeep A B C 1 Start Time End Time Delta 2 8:00 10:20 =B2-A2 You'll then have to format the C column to have time in the format you want. "Sandeep Manjrekar" <SandeepManjrekar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3AA54934-E119-46AE-8822-E...

Chart Object and Worksheet Object
What are the difference? I insert a Excel chart into PPT by Insert>object>create from file>[browse]... It always comes out as a worksheet object whether I get a chart of the data. Whereas, Edit>Paste special method clearly differenciate a chart object from a worksheet object. I know I could convert to either way but any difference? In article <CE92D095-8E17-4AD4-85B9-317AC15A13BF@microsoft.com>, Win wrote: > What are the difference? > > I insert a Excel chart into PPT by Insert>object>create from file>[browse]... As I suggested earlier...

Bar chart by month
I have a spreadsheet that has month & year in column A and values (KWH) in column B like: Jun-00 1185 Jul-00 2636 Aug-00 3009 etc. I would like to create a chart (and/or spreadsheet) that is grouped on the months and shows the average value for that month and where each year is in relation to that average. I envision a chart/speadsheet something like: 3000 2000 1000 Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec with bars on each month for that months data and a line/curve showing the average for each month. Thanks. DCH Let's assume...

automatically open last email when starting outlook
want to turn it off, cant find the checkbox to do it, know its there. "bpaterson" <bpaterson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9662D299-D45C-40B6-A50A-74D61C661874@microsoft.com... > want to turn it off, cant find the checkbox to do it, know its there. Are you saying that when you start Outlook, two windows open, one for the Outlook main window and another for the most recent message in the Inbox? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] bpaterson wrote: > want to turn it off, cant find the checkbox to do it, know its there. Whether you use ...

Different colors on the x axis titles
Is there a way to have different colors on the titles of the x axis? For instance, if the titles are months, Jan, Feb, Mar, etc., is it possible to have January in red font, February in blue font, March in green font, etc. Thanks for any help. I should note that I am using Excel 2000 "SK" <Nospam> wrote in message news:%23$CetoM8DHA.1356@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to have different colors on the titles of the x axis? For > instance, if the titles are months, Jan, Feb, Mar, etc., is it possible to > have January in red font, February in blue font, March...