How to Scale Chart Sheet

I want to change the apect ratio on a chart sheet in order to import excel
ole object into a PPT slide. Does there exist a way to do that?

Click on chart and drag the centre fill handles to the shape required
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Sammy" <Sammy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I want to change the apect ratio on a chart sheet in order to import excel
> ole object into a PPT slide. Does there exist a way to do that?

0
Bernard

refresh pivio chart
i have excel work book with multiple sheets, I want to put a button on every sheet so I could click the button and refresh the data, I am suing PIVIO Chart. Any one know how to put a button and what code I will write behind it. Thanks in advance. ...

sheet loses format
Hi all, I can't view correctly an excel file that seems like being good on any other pc. When I open it, all the rows bbecome so wide that all the sheet looks like empty. I can't resize the rows. every two or three pages there's a completely grey one. Please help me before I throw the pc out of the window... NB. Open the window first. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Chart: range info from seriescollection?
I would like to fill a combobox (Rowsource) with data that are used in for instance the XValues or Values of a Seriescollection of a graph. "ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).Values" does not give the right type (I was hoping for a string type of info like "Sheet1.Range(a1:a10)"). How to get a Range to be used as Rowsource for my combobox??? Thanks for your suggestions, JB The Values and XValues will return an array of values. To get the range address like this, you will need to parse the series formula. Or you could use John Walkenbach's class module for extractin...

PDF scaling
Hi, my publication is on A7 format and I need to publish it as A5 format. With normal printers there is no problem, just set the scaling to 200%, but how could one achieve that with Publisher's PDF export feature? Thanks, Jan Jan, I use Pub 2000, sans built-in PDF but if you select File, Printer setup, is PDF listed? If so, can you then select Printer Preferences and there may be "Scaling". -- Don Vancouver, USA "Jan Kucera" <miloush@community.nospam> wrote in message news:E122321E-911E-4580-A8FF-2D522524FE7E@microso...

Interactive Pie chart in PowerPoint
I have created an interactive Excel pie chart that enables the user to change the year to display with a set of radio dials within a group box. My colleague likes it so much that he was asking whether he can insert it in a PowerPoint presentation. It sounds like a non starter to me as I don't know how to make PowerPoint mimic Excel in this fashion. I was going to offer inserting a hyperlink in PowerPoint that takes him to the Excel worksheet where this pie chart resides. Alternatively, I was going to suggest inserting in his PowerPoint presentation static pictures of the chart. A...

Dynamically Scale Gantt Chart Time Scale
Excel 2007 (or 2010 Beta, if that's the only way to do it) I've developed a Gantt Chart using a stacked bar chart. It works great. Is there any way to have the horizontal axis (or vertical axis, I get confused with the terms in a stacked bar chart) expand in and out based on the MIN and MAX of the dates in the plotted range? Excel 2007 Gantt Chart Scale X axis with macro. http://www.mediafire.com/file/zdzj4tz2mmo/01_22_10.xlsm Thanks! Will try that out. "Herbert Seidenberg" wrote: > Excel 2007 Gantt Chart > Scale X axis with macro. > http:...

How to import flow charts made in excel to visio as editable text
I have created flow charts using drawing objects (rectangles, circles etc) in excel. Now I want to import these diagrams in visio, such that I am able to edit the text entered in the rectangles etc while preparing the charts in excel. I have tried it by copying the individual rectangles / circles in excel and pasting them in visio. But they appear in visio as uneditable objects (similar to jpg image of text which cannot be edited as text). Kindly advise on how to import the excel diagrams as editable visio diagrams. ...

Chart not visible -suspect scale setting?
All of a suddend when I create a chart the chart area is empty. If I change the type to 3d , I will get a small 3d chart on the middle left of the chart area. I suspect the default scale has changed somehow. can anyone help please? -- ...

Autofilter and protected sheets
I'v protected some of the cells on my worksheet (Excel 2000) but now the Autofilter dropdowns won't work. Any thoughts please. If you protect the sheet in code, you can allow this: Option Explicit Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="hi", userinterfaceonly:=True .EnableAutoFilter = True End With End Sub (The worksheet has to have the dropdown arrows already applied.) It needs to be reset each time you open the workbook. (excel doesn't remember it after closing the workbook.) (you could use the workbo...

Excel 2003- Charts- date and time format on x-axis of XY chart
Hello, I am trying to plot an XY graph with x-axis data in date and time format but Excel keeps counting the x-axis data as "data labels". It is in the format mm/dd/yy HH:mm ex) 10/28/06 17:00 Instead, Excel appears to be turning my XY plot into a line plot (for example, the first date is assigned an x-value of 1, the second value assigned an x-value of 2 and so on so that each date/time x-value is evenly spaced). I would like to find a way to plot this data so that it is spaced relative to date and time. Are your data values actually date and time, or are they text? Does ...

Chart Question
I have a chart that tracks different nutritional information such as carbs, sugars, fat, calories, etc. Each chart only tracks one of the items for one individual. Each item has a maximum value based on a 2000 calorie-a-day diet. Is there a way in a 3D bar chart to indicate that an item is above it's recommended daily value. For example, on a 2000 calorie-a-day diet, a person should keep their total grams of fat for each day to 65 or less. I would like to have the chart change the color of the day that anyone goes above the recommended maximum. If someone eats 82g of ...

How to draw chart: log scale on X axis, natural scale on y axis?
How to draw chart: log scale on X axis, natural scale on y axis? sample data is given below. This chart is used for Civil Engineering? X axis Y axis Sieve size % passing 26 mm 100 22 mm 95 16 mm 81 12 mm 75 10 mm 66 4.8 mm 52 2.4 mm 42 1.2 mm 32 0.6 mm 18 0.3 mm 16 0.15 mm 9 0.09 mm 3 Right-click on the X-axis, select Format Axis, choose the "Scale" tab, and tick the "logarithmic scale" box. You will, of course, need to be using the XY chart (confusingly named scatter), rather than a line chart. -- David Biddulph "Pratap D. chavan" <Pratap D. chavan...

Linking Multiple Charts
I'm trying to link a chart, or a page, from one excel spreadsheet to chart or page on another excel spreadsheet. I have multiple excel spreadsheets with many charts inside. Many o the same charts are in more than one spreadsheet. For example, if want to update the CPI chart I would like to be able to update it i one of the spread sheets and have all the CPI charts automaticall updated in the other spreadsheets, since they are identical charts -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Does anyone know if this is even possible -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Horizontal Line Chart
I have some data in three cells. A1 is the minimum value, A2 is the current value, and A3 is the maximum value. How can I create a simple graphical representation of the location of the current value relative to the min and max similiar to the below | X | min value cur value max value It is possible for the curr to exceed or equal either the min or the max as it is dynamic based on entries from a lot of other cells. Thanks in advance for any assistance. ...

Trouble. Visio 2003 SP1 ORGANIZATION CHART WIZARD #2
I got a trouble using Visio 2003 SP1 ORGANIZATION CHART WIZARD. I want to import org data from Exchange using ORGANIZATION CHART WIZARD and customize the fields to load and draw in the shapes. So, I found HOWTO articles in MSDN and also in Office Online Assistance. The article name - "Create an organization chart from a data file using the command line or Run method" http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP010384221033.aspx. Also I used examples from Microsoft Office Visio Code Librarian to write a C# solution. This solution will help me to automate the process of generation...

Sorting a Work sheet
Hi there, i have an example sheet here: www.dj-jammy.com/test.xls im want to be able to sort the countries on the left, by who has the highest figures for that month, at the top ,and the lowest at the bottom, but, i want to be able to select which month i want to find out for by a drop down menu; e.g., i select march from my drop down menu, and it sorts the sheet, with canada at the top, and uk at the bottom (and obviously the appropriate ones in between), but, if i then select may from my drop down box, it places poland at the top, and usa at the bottom. How would i do this - im not a pr...

Conditional Charts
Hi all, I have a chart that has many different series, 2 y-axis, and othe jumbled things. Its a chart of a 12 month period, having volume o parts, types of problems, etc... What I want to be able to do, i depending on which months have volume, display only those months. So basically, with a chart that has many series, how can I limit wha is displayed from those series based on just one series (the volume)? Is it possible? Please let me know if I am not being clear. Thank you, Ale -- maluguitaris ----------------------------------------------------------------------- maluguitarist&...

Inserting the contents of Sheet 1 from another file
Can you insert the contents of another workbook into the current one (sheet 1 to sheet 1)? Hi why not simply copy+paste? or in addition for pasting use 'Edit - Paste Special - Values' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Circle" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:67506282-27E3-428F-BDF8-9CF49C8DE8BA@microsoft.com... > Can you insert the contents of another workbook into the current one (sheet 1 to sheet 1)? ...

Scaling
I want the scale of my chart to use values found on the worksheet. I don't know how. I want to be able to just type over a cell and have the date range plotted on the chart change to match. Help! Hi have a look at the following sites for creating dynamic charts. Use these techniques accordingly http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Selene" <se@mdahospital.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:eE#humBHEHA.3776@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I want the ...

Excell charts in ppt
If a chart is created and brought into PPT, is it possible to have the chart auto adjust its colors to show up on any background? Dear Robin, I would suggest that you copy (link) the excel data into the Chart data section of PowerPoint. That way, the chart is being created within PowerPoint, and the color scheme of the chart will conform to the background selected by you should you change. -- Cordially, Bob Sullivan Microsoft Office Master Instructor "Robin" wrote: > If a chart is created and brought into PPT, is it possible to have the chart > auto adjust its...

chart line appear in Word
We combine couple chart together as one picture; then copy and past to word as our final report. charts were pasted as "Picture (Enhanced Metafile)" We have selected heavest line from Excel defut, but when past to Word, due to reduce overall size of chart, the lines were not heavy enough. Any way we can improve that. Make the chart in Excel the size you need in Word, so there's no need to reduce it to fit. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Terry" <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

inaccurate line chart
Hi...I'm fairly new to charting. I'm creating a line chart with years along the category axis and dollars as values. Seems pretty simple. The data consists of 3 items: sales, expenses, and net income. When I include these 3 together and create a chart, the scale doubles and expenses and net income are shown as greater than sales. When you click the data points, though, they are accurate. For instance, the data point might be 5,000, but it's shown at the 10,000 level on the chart. In a nutshell: Sales appears right where it should be on the scale Expenses appears about double...

Excel Chart to GIF Format
What is the best way to convert an Excel chart to a format I can display on a web page. I will need to make the chart smaller too. I assume *.gif is the format I want the converted to. I tried this, but quality not very good. Thank you Select the Chart, Copy the chart, Open Microsoft Office Picture Manager, select Edit then Paste, the Chart should appear as "new Picture", select it then pick File, Export, and then Pick the type of file format. JPG would probably be the one desired. pestocat wrote: > What is the best way to convert an Excel chart to a format I can displa...

Customer Loyalty
We provide a point system on a specific product line which has an increased redemption value at 100/200/300/400/500 point levels. EG: 100 points = $3, 200 points = $7, 300 points = $12, 400 points = $18, 500 points = $25. These values are assigned and can change at any given time. In addition, on Wednesday we award double points. Points are assigned 1 point for a given dollar amount purchase of the specific product line and only the product line purchase, even when it is a portion of the total sale (EG: PL purchase = $20, total sale is $50...points are assigned only on the $20). Can t...

Embedded Chart Versus Chart
I've created a class module to capture a Shift+Click on a pivot chart, which then opens the data associated with that point. It works great on pivot charts on their own sheet, but when I use the same code on an embedded chart, it fails (error code 2147417848). Everything seems to work fine, it derives the same row and column values as needed, but the ShowDetail property is unavailable in the embedded charts. Anyone have any insight? james Igoe || james.igoe@gmail.com || http://code.comparative-advantage.com I eventually solved my problem, simply using "On Error Resume Next&q...