How to protect 2. axis in an Excel Chart to stay if data changes

A Pivot table is created on Tab1 in an Excel workbook. On Tab2 there is a
Line Chart created with data from Tab 1 using 2 axis.
If data in Tab1 change the 2nd axis on Tab 2 disappears, jumps ober and
overrules axis 1.

How can I protect chart area with 2 axis being able to change referring data
in the pivot table.
0
Pulfi (1)

RMS 1.2 Database Backup
I am looking for a small batch files that backs up my POS database on a daily basis where the backup file name is the system date and time. I found a batch file backup with a fixed file name on MS Customer Source but would rather want to keep daily copies. "Gerd" <gerd.goebel@bavarian-cons.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:%23qixfi9qFHA.3736@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >I am looking for a small batch files that backs up my POS database on a >daily basis where the backup file name is the system date and time. > > I found a batch file backup with a fixed file n...

Pivot Charts
Hi all, I'd like my pivot chart to do 2 things: 1) If I select an item from one of my page field dropdowns, I'd like the dropdown items on another page field to filter according to what was selected. Example: if the first page field is "Teams" and I choose a team from the list, I want the other page field "Players" to offer only the players from that team. Possible? 2) I used the macro recorder to automatically replace one data item in the pivot chart with another. Example (football): I assigned a macro to a button called "Pass Attempts", which will...

protecting outlined data
I want to be able to use the expand/collapse function in outlines when the worksheet is protected. Copy this macro in a normal module It will run automatic when you open the workbook You can also use the workbook open event Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="rbelecki", userinterfaceonly:=True .EnableOutlining = True End With End Sub Look in the VBA help for more information about protect(userinterfaceonly) -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "rbelecki" <rbelecki@l...

Password Protect Outlook #2
I work in an offcie environment and sometimes have to leave my PC unattended for just a few minutes. Unfortunately some confidential emails have been read by my staff and I need a way of safeguarding them other than turning off the PC, is there any way I can password protect access into my Outlook 2000, so all I do is close Outlook. (Sorry still operating under W95) Many thanks You can set a password on a Personal Folders File. If the folder list isn't visible in Outlook, click View | Folder List. Right-click the root folder (usually "Personal Folders" or "Outlook T...

change company Name
can we just change company Name once it has been created? if we can, can someone please tell me the procedure? Thanks Bab, You change the Company Name anytime. Go Tools>Setup>Company>Company and type the new name in the Company Name field. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com But that field is uneditable. on the company setup screen company name and company ID field is uneditable. Thanks "Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP" wrote: > Bab, > > You change the Company Name anytime. ...

Why are all my Excel docs in Google Groups opening as Read Only?
It looks like the Excel docs are all Excel 97-2003 files. I'm on Vista. Is this a compatability issue? The Google Group admin for these docs says it is not an issue with the security access level. ...

How do I print out more than one coupon in publisher? #2
I am trying to print out coupons in publisher but don't want just one per page. My coupon has a front and backside. Hope can help. Are you asking how to print a two sided coupon or how to put more than one coupon on a page? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "tcmb" <tcmb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C50A2C74-B5F5-4A55-8D15-325F9A401663@microsoft.com... >I am trying to print out coupons in publisher but don't want just one per > page. My coupon has a front and backside. > Hope can help. Determine the size of your coupon,...

comparing two columns? #2
I have two columns of phone numbers, one is column C and one is column D. I would like to take the numbers in column D and match them to the numbers in column C, removing the numbers that dont match. Can anyone help? Hi Steve Chip Pearson has a great page on working with duplicates ... http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm have a look down the bottom of the page for comparing lists -- Cheers JulieD check out www.hcts.net.au/tipsandtricks.htm ....well i'm working on it anyway "steve g via OfficeKB.com" <forum@nospam.OfficeKB.com> wrote in message news:7fe142636f88...

Quicken Password protected
I just got Money 2004 Deluxe, I am trying to import my data from Quicken and the program says there is a password for my quicken account that is required, but I never had a password. No way to get past this. Any ideas? If your data file is Q04, Money04 can only deal with Q03 or older. Otherwise, who knows? "Stephen Weiss" <stephenaweiss@comcast.net> wrote in message news:012f01c3cb22$9a957ac0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I just got Money 2004 Deluxe, I am trying to import my > data from Quicken and the program says there is a password > for my quicken account that is req...

Random numbers #2
Hi all, My application is in a nead for a very big number of randomal numbers. I use srand() and rand() calls. My problem is that I suspect that the random numbers I get, starts to repeat them self at some point. My questions are: What happends when the srand() list is over? Does rand() start all over again and begins returning the same numbers? (with a certain bit offset)? How long is the list srand() creates? Is there any better way to create many random numbers? Thanks in advance Dudu Arbel "dududuil" <dududuil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B022C3...

Realistic Data Migration Costs
A client of mine was quoted $4,300 to migrate 2,500 records from a system which could export to .txt files. The only consideration from a straight import data view point, was that each Contact was related to an Account. The only details which were required to be imported were contact details (address, phone, mobile etc) and the association with the parent company. To my way of thinking, this is a serious design flaw of MSCRM if it requires this amount of work, to simply show the link between the contact and the account - am I missing something??? It would have ben far cheaper I know to use...

Please Please Help Me New To Excel
okay i'll do my best to ask this question. I have this spread sheet I've beentrying to figure out It has the number 5 in I6, then in J6 the formula =I6/10*21 This spread sheet is to show us the current number of sales we have now and based on todays date what we are on pace to hit by the end of the month(Octobers projected sales finish) So, what I want to know is why does it say 10*21. I know that the "21" stands for the number of business days in the month (21 days in October), but what does the 10 represent??? I looked at another spread sheet from last month, ...

wheel mouse changes from XP and 2003 to 2007
I've got a form used for data entry in a database. Users with XP, 2003, and 2007 all use the database and the form in question. The users in XP and 2003 are able to use the wheel mouse to scroll between records. For some reason, in 2007 this is no longer an option. Is there a setting somewhere in 2007 of which I'm not yet aware? Do I need to write code to enable the wheel-mouse-scrolling? Is there a way to do this so it won't impact XP and 2003 (ie won't get rid of the scrolling functionality that is defaulted in 2003 and XP)? Thanks! In Access 2007, you have to u...

Excel Issues
I have several issues: 1. I want to sort w/o using the sort function because I want to keep the specific formatting of the cell ( I want the cell to move with the data, with sort the data only moves and the cells stay the same) . I want to have a function where the selected data will automatically be sorted so that it moves to the top of the worksheet and the unselected data either moves below it (in a list that can be deleted)or becomes hidden when printing. e.g. x A B C x D becomes... x A x D B C 2. I want to create a check mark function so that the user can check mark the item...

word art 2.0
i have word art 2.0....there must be a way to change the thickness of the font...every font i choose to use seems to be in bold...which i DO NOT want...is there a setting to change..thank you Download the old WordArt. See if you get better results. You use it from Insert, Object, scroll down to Microsoft WordArt 3.2 (This will work in 2007 too) Publisher 2003/2002 Add-in: WordArt Compatibility http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=897AA11B-A37D-4586-A1A7-54BBEA375AE2&displaylang=en -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://ms...

How to protect 2. axis in an Excel Chart to stay if data changes
A Pivot table is created on Tab1 in an Excel workbook. On Tab2 there is a Line Chart created with data from Tab 1 using 2 axis. If data in Tab1 change the 2nd axis on Tab 2 disappears, jumps ober and overrules axis 1. How can I protect chart area with 2 axis being able to change referring data in the pivot table. ...

How to Install BCM? #2
Hello -- I have Ms office 2003 pro, which after installation is working fine, including Outlook 2003. I cannot, however, find/locate BCM. I tried the add/remove option in office 2003 but it did not show any option of adding BCM. Documents, which I've received with office 2003's cd, mention that it has BCM. Can someone, please, help me to instal BCM, or tell how to find, and if there is, BCM in the CD I have. Thanks, SRW are you impatient? "S R W" <SRW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18DAE3D6-5CDB-4570-8B47-681E9DB38C1B@microsoft.com... > He...

Password protection on split database
I have a database which is split into front end and back end. The front end is password protected but the backend isn't Is it possible to protect both with the same password? I've tried protecting the backend with a password but when I open the front end it can't "see" the backend. Any ideas? Thanks Tony Put a password on the backend, then, after opening the front-end, use the Linked Table Manager to update the links (just like you would if you had moved the backend). You should be prompted for the 'missing' password during this process. You should only...

copyright symbol #2
This may sound like a stupid question, but how do you keep Excel from inserting the copyright symbol when you enter "(C)"? Go to Tools > AutoCorrect Options, click on the entry for "(C)" and delete it. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >This may sound like a stupid question, but how do you keep >Excel from inserting the copyright symbol when you >enter "(C)"? >. > You can turn it off for good under tools>autocorrect and delete it (note that autocorrect changes are done for the whole of Office like Word etc) or yo...

Lock Column in Excel 2000
I have a non-Microsoft program that exports data into Microsoft Excel 2000. I have it setup so after the data is exported into Excel, I insert a column. In the new column, I put a function (for the same of example, Let's say it is in column 'c', starting in row '5', =a5*b5. There are many columns of Data after column c. Is there any way to setup up a template Excel file, so that column c in Excel is "locked" (or whatever the term for this is), so the data is exported to columns 'a', then 'b', then skips c, then the next column is 'd', then...

Linking to Outlook from Excel
Hi There, Is it possible to extract information from outlook using Excel? What I'm trying to achieve is a summary of calendar items subject by category and (if possible, by location & label). If this is possible to be done from within Excel, then how? If it is possible to report this from within Outlook itself, then again, how? Looking at using 2003 versions of all software. Regards Colin Foster Hi Colin, From within your Outlook calendar select Tools -> Import and Export. Select Export to a File and then Comma Seperated Values (Windows). Give it a filename and that sh...

Protection
Hi everyone OK my problem is I am using an offie computer that everyone has access to and we cannot - and do not want to - change this. Is there a way that I can put a password for my profile on Microsoft outlook so that no one can read the new AND the old messages found in my inbox? You can put a password on your PST file, presuming you use a PST file... Emad Kamel wrote: > Hi everyone, > OK my problem is I am using an offie computer that everyone has > access to and we cannot - and do not want to - change this. Is there > a way that I can put a password for my profile on Micr...

Open Office #2
Can anyone advise how they've found Open Office and whether it is worth using, particularly for Excel applications? Rob "rob nobel" <robnobel@dodoNOGOOBS.com.auNOGOOBS> wrote... >Can anyone advise how they've found Open Office and whether it is worth >using, particularly for Excel applications? Depends on what you're trying to do. OO Calc's array handling is much weaker than Excel's, so many (possibly most) of the trickier array formulas given in these Excel ngs won't work in OO Calc. But most of the other techniques work. OO Calc provides onl...

How can I save an graph as an Excel chart with Excel 2007?
I had created a program in Visual Basic that Excel macros. One of the facilities was to embed a plot (Excel chart) in my application. To do it, the code saved the chart as a Microsoft Excel chart 4.0. With Excel97 (version 8.0e) this file had the extension *.xlc and was easily to load in Visual Basic. With Excel 2007 (version 12.0) It seems that it is no longer possible to save the chart alone as a Microsoft Excel chart. How can I extract a chart plotted within Excel2007 to import it in an external application (e.g. Visual Basic), possibly with a dynamic link? ...

Excel 2007 'Trail"
I have just downloaded a '60 day Trial' for Office 2007. All seemed ok until I opened Excel and it will not let me do anything...at all. Any suggestions? Did you Activate it? KLong wrote: > I have just downloaded a '60 day Trial' for Office 2007. All seemed ok until > I opened Excel and it will not let me do anything...at all. Any suggestions? ...