How to place an annotation arrow on the line in a chart?

is that possible in excel 2007 to place an annotation arrow, on the plotted
line, in a chart?

Hi,

This approach should still work in xl2007.
http://www.andypope.info/ngs/ng47.htm

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Placing bubbles
I would like to place bubbles on the 2D places (x,y) with different radius. The coordinates are the (column, row) an´d the rtadius the value in the cell (column, row). For example the value 0.25 in the cell (2,5) means, that a bubble with radius 0.25 placed on the 2D coordinate system at the location x=2, y=5. How to do it ? The bubble chart places the bubbles on the location (column, radius). Thanks in advance, Laszlo I'm probably not understanding but I'll take a shot . . . assuming the bubble chart is similar to an XY Scatter chart, wouldn't you set your data up li...

autofilter dropdown arrow color
I had seen this question somewhere but cannot find it so... When turning an excel autofilter, the header rows get a dropdown button with a black arrow. When you use that field for filtering, the arrow turns blue. Is there any way to make the arrow turn another color for better visibility? Thanks, Gary Hi AFAIK you can't change that color -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Gary wrote: > I had seen this question somewhere but cannot find it so... > > When turning an excel autofilter, the header rows get a dropdown > button with a black arrow. When you use that fiel...

Linking Chart
Excel 2000 I have a chart that is created in book1.xls I would like an embedded object in book2.xls that is linked to the chart in book1.xls. in previous version of Excel I would copy the chart from book1.xls then goto book2.xls select Paste Special , then Microsoft Chart Object and put a check against paste as link, much like what can be done if pasting into word or powerpoint. The reason I want this in Book2.xls is that book2 will contain a report and I do not want the chart data in this workbook. I will create a macro in book2 to break the chart links and turn the chart into a picture. B...

Shortcuts placed on desktop
Every time I close Money 2004 I have 2 new shortcuts for some bank on my desktop. Does anyone know how to turn this off? -- JollyRoger In microsoft.public.money, JollyRoger wrote: >Every time I close Money 2004 I have 2 new shortcuts for some bank on my >desktop. Does anyone know how to turn this off? Tools->Options->General->TurnOffSponsorshipsAndShoppingLinks. Thanks for the help. -- JollyRoger "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote: > In microsoft.public.money, JollyRoger wrote: > > >Every time I close Money 2004 I have 2 new shortcuts for some bank on ...

Creating a line item on Report
I would like to create a formula on my report creates a line item # on the left hand side. For example... I have over 1400 employees... instead of using the auto- numbered field (because I've added and deleted) it's not completely accurate numerically... I would like to create a simple formula that counts the line item and then adds 1 for the next line item. Typically, you would see this look on an old journal ledger... it’s just easier to read across the page and stay on the same line. 1 Mrs. Smith 2 Joe Black 3 etc 4 etc 5 etc 6 etc Then, theoretically, when I do my count at ...

Error message when trying to insert a chart.
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel When I try to insert a Chart into a Word document (i.e. click 'Insert'>'Chart' then select the chart type I want, bar chart for example) I just get an error message pop up saying &quot;Some chart types cannot be combined with other chart types. Select a different chart type&quot; no matter what type of chart I try to insert, so I can no longer insert charts into my word documents - it has never done this before, how can I fix it? <br><br>Thanks. Have you applied the 11.5....

Truncating decimal places
When I export a file (from Access or Excel) with a decimal value (in this case Lat. and Lon. values) to a text file, it truncates the decimals to two places. How do I stop this? It works fine if I export as text values. The decimal places are probably there, just not displayed. Select the cells and either click on the icon on the toolbar to increase the decimal places or change the formatting - Format | Cells... | Number tab | Number and increase the Decimal places. Regards Trevor "Greymane" <greymane21@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:7b5501c402f6$140f8bb0$a501280a@...

Excel-cannot view info placed in cells
I built a spreadsheet, filled in the cells and saved the document. Now in trying to reopen it to add more info, I find that the spreadsheet does not show up at all when opened. Just gone. Thanks for any help. I have never had this issue before. Liz Liz: Do you mean you just have the "gray" area? If so, try opening and hit Window-->Arrange, and just hit OK. ************ Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "crayon" <crayon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A98FD557-6417-407A-B5A5-B47F4141C7A7@microsoft.com... >I built a spreadshe...

Scrollbar in charts
I have not used scrollbar in charts before, I have seen posting for scroll bar option but still did not get it. if I have to add scroll bar to the chart then what should i do? I know the icon from the controlbox tool menu but I dont know how to write the code to connect scroll bar with chart/data. any help will be appreciated. Thanks Do a Google with: excel chart control "forms toolbar" Lots of info out there on the topic Then come back with more specific questions best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "ka...

Compiling from command line with macros
Hey, I am building a system that would build our product from command line on a regular basis. Calling msdev from command line is really easy, but I am now having trouble incrementing the version numbers of each build. I followed this KB article http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/Q237/8/70.ASP to make a VBScript macro that increments the version information on each succesful build. It works like a charm when built from VC++ IDE. The problem is to make it apply to command line builds as well. So the question is, can I compile a workspace from command line so that it would be...

Chart Series
Hi All, I consider myself to be pretty profficient when it comes to Excel and VBA, but charts are pretty much a mystery to me. I have a spreadsheet where vba code populates a date column when other data is entered. Therefore all the dates are in exactly the same format. What I want to do is create a bar chart with the dates as the x axis and the number of times that date appears as the y axis values. For example, with the data below (yes, there can be blank cells) I would like a chart that has 28/12/2005, 29/12/2005 and 30/12/2005 as the x axis, and 5, 2 and 2 as the valies for the y axis...

Place Templates
Well,. I. ...

W-2s across state lines
Hello: If an employee say works in Virginia but lives in North Carolina, how does Great Plains print the proper W-2 forms with the proper amounts per the two states? Thanks! childofthe1980s Assuming the person who set up the employee and the person who enters payroll transactions has properly identified NC with that employee, then the system should automatically print any wages withheld for that state on the W2. -- Charles Allen, MVP "childothe1980s" wrote: > Hello: > > If an employee say works in Virginia but lives in North Carolina, how does > Great Plai...

Print out of GANTT Chart Project 2010
I experienced that the first page of a project plan in the GANTT view do not print the dependencies correctly, the lines vanish on the left side of the chart. the following pages are printed correctly. Is this a driver problem or an issue of the application? -- Regards, Jo Hi Jo, there is a separate forum for 2010. I suggest to repost your quetsion there: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/projectprofessional2010general/threads Regards Barbara Am 26.03.2010 10:37, schrieb Jo Walsh: > I experienced that the first page of a project plan in the GANTT view...

Date in data is changing to Jan in chart Excel 07
I have a row of dates: Dec-96, Dec-97, Dec 98, and so on up to Dec-08. The date in the first cell is typed in as 12/15/96, but formatted to show Dec-96. The rest of the cells are a foumula: =cell+365, the cell value is relative. When we create a chart, they become Jan. I tried changing the first underlying date to 12/1/96, which worked sometimes but not everytime I created a chart, and it didn't work for the end user at all. I've never run into this before. We have recently migrated to Office 07. If the values are not recognized as dates, or if the chart doesn't know t...

Asset Allocation Chart
I am using Money 2004. Have few mutual funds entered in M-2004 but the asset allocation pie chart displayed is wrong. I am unable to fix by manually changing it. I thought if you give the ticker symbol. Money will be intelligent enough to grab the information from the Net and update the chart properly. For example - For the Total Stock market Index fund -- pie chart shows all the fund as part of Large Cap. It should split it into Large, Mid and Small cap looking at ticker symbol. How do I fix this problem? Does Money 2006 address this issue? -Ram <s_ramachandran@yahoo.com> wrote in m...

Great Plains should allow more decimal places for finance charges
We are currently using Great Plains v. 8.00. Our intent was to charge a 5% annual interest rate for our finance charges; but, because Great Plains will only allow 2 decimal places for the monthly rate, we are charging a monthly rate of .41%, which equates to an annual rate of 4.92%, rather than being able to use a monthly rate of .41666666666666% (or something similar), which would allow us to get to the desired annual rate of 5%. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click t...

Pie chart not appearing
Has anybody got any suggestions as to why I can't see my pie chart when I've selected the data, clicked pie chart. I can see the categories, but no chart appears, however, if I select bar chart - as if by magic, hey presto, I have a chart!! Thanks ...

Good automated testing tool for command line applications?
Does anyone know of any really good automated testing tools for command line applications? The tool only needs to be able to read text from the command line display screen, and enter keystrokes both of these from a script file. "Peter Olcott" <NoSpam@SeeScreen.com> wrote in message news:vqgmi.481955$g24.460757@newsfe12.phx... > Does anyone know of any really good automated testing tools for command > line applications? The tool only needs to be able to read text from the > command line display screen, and enter keystrokes both of these from a > script fil...

signature to be placed at BOTTOM of the email
hi all I have one netscape 7.1 user, he have configure the signature when reply back the sender the signature is inserted at bottom of the quote how do we do it at MS Outlook 2003? In other words, it means, when he reply more than one time on the same email, ALL the signature is appear at the BOTTOM of the email thanks Version of Outlook is? You could insert the signature manually via Quick Parts or Auto text depending on the Outlook version and if Word is used as the editor. "gbkhor" <gbkhor@time.net.my> wrote in message news:OUpyBEqfIHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl.....

Label lines disappear when I copy to Powerpoint
Just created a pie chart in Excel 2007 with Labels which have a line joining the label to the pie segment, however when I copy and paste into Powerpoint the lines joining the labels to the segments disappear. Anyone know how to fix this? Need presentation for tomorrow! __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4031 (20090423) __________ The message was checked by ESET Smart Security. http://www.eset.com ...

place cards
I want to create place cards for an upcoming event. Where are they in the wizards? ...

Chart with multiple tracks and scrolling
I want to display multiple data lines in a chart. Each data line's X range would be the same, the Y range may be different. Can I create multiple "tracks" in an excel chart to display the data lines with each "track" having it's own range and display option definitions? The tracks would be stacked on top of each other (not overlayed on each other). This is similar to stacking excel chart windows on top of each other and each chart includes one or more data lines with the same XY range and display definition. Also, my data range will be long (hundreds of f...

chart #4
All, With VBA I'm making a chart sheet. This chart sheet is than viewed by the user. I have protected this sheet, so he can make no changes. I have also set some settings for the graph options: Application.ShowChartTipNames = False Application.ShowChartTipValues = False Now I notice that you can still select the different parts of the graph. Is it possible to switch this off? I also would like to add a button on this chart sheet. I tried this with: ActiveSheet.Buttons.Add(869189.25, 125211.75, 395520.75, 289965).Select ActiveChart.Shapes("Button 1").Select ...

how to switch the primary and secondary Y axis to opposite chart s
Using Excel 2007, evertyime I refresh pivot table data, my charts lose almost all of the formatting (ex. axis will disappear and chart type will revert from lines to columns). Most annoying problem I have when this happens is the primary Y axis moves from the left side to the right side of the chart, and when I re-introduce the secondary Y axis, it will appear on the left. How can I easily move the primary Y axis back to the left side of the chart or switch the two axes? I've tried choosing Layout - Axes to hide and re-display the axes but this did not work. Format the primary cate...