How to make a stacked bar chart using time?

Hi,

I have the following data to plot on a stacked bar chart, and
displayed as time.

Dr X	Dr Y	Dr Z
02:03	03:00	01:00
00:20	02:00	00:30
00:40	01:00	00:30
02:45	01:00
00:15
02:10

08:13	07:00	02:00

This is time in hours and minutes.

I need the result to look like this...

Dr.X bar [02:03][00:20][00:40][02:45][00:15][02:10]
Dr.Y bar [03:00][02:00][01:00][01:00]
Dr.Z bar [01:00][00:30][00:30]

where [02:03] represents a colour to represent 2 hrs & 3 mins etc.

If I just select the Dr. X data I can get a stacked chart, but as soon
as I add either Dr. Y or Dr. Z data the whole chart turns into one
large bar, not three separate bars. I can of course create three bars
if I just plot the totals, but I want the individual parts of the
total (stacked bar) to show separately. What do I need to do to keep
these three sets of data separate? I'm using Windows XP with Excel XP.

Thanks in advance!!!

Norm
0
FG8875 (29)

Hi Guido -

To make this work more easily I inserted a column with dummy labels (a
through f). The cell above a and to the left of Dr X is blank.

	Dr X	Dr Y	Dr Z
a	2:03	3:00	1:00
b	0:20	2:00	0:30
c	0:40	1:00	0:30
d	2:45	1:00
e	0:15
f	2:10

Select the range and make a stacked bar chart, with the series in rows.
The doctors are linked by the series (series "a" has a value for each,
for example).

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Father Guido wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have the following data to plot on a stacked bar chart, and
> displayed as time.
>
> Dr X	Dr Y	Dr Z
> 02:03	03:00	01:00
> 00:20	02:00	00:30
> 00:40	01:00	00:30
> 02:45	01:00
> 00:15
> 02:10
>
> 08:13	07:00	02:00
>
> This is time in hours and minutes.
>
> I need the result to look like this...
>
> Dr.X bar [02:03][00:20][00:40][02:45][00:15][02:10]
> Dr.Y bar [03:00][02:00][01:00][01:00]
> Dr.Z bar [01:00][00:30][00:30]
>
> where [02:03] represents a colour to represent 2 hrs & 3 mins etc.
>
> If I just select the Dr. X data I can get a stacked chart, but as soon
> as I add either Dr. Y or Dr. Z data the whole chart turns into one
> large bar, not three separate bars. I can of course create three bars
> if I just plot the totals, but I want the individual parts of the
> total (stacked bar) to show separately. What do I need to do to keep
> these three sets of data separate? I'm using Windows XP with Excel XP.
>
> Thanks in advance!!!
>
> Norm
Thanks John, that works beautifully!!!

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 00:56:33 -0500, Jon Peltier
<jonREMOVExlmvp@peltierCAPStech.com> wrote:

~Hi Guido -
~
~-------
~Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
~Peltier Technical Services
~Tutorials and Custom Solutions
~http://PeltierTech.com/
~_______
~
~Father Guido wrote:
~
~> Hi,
~>
[...]

VS Debug Mobile
Hi, When I'm writing mobile apps in vb.net and want to F5 to deploy and run in debug, I'd like to force the device's internet connection to be the one used rather than the PC's internet connection. Active Sync & Windows Mobile Device Center don't seem to offer that as a configuration choice. I want to be able to debug in VS on the PC while the app runs on the device and uses it's internet connection. I've tried both Work Connection and Internet, Automatic for "the computer is connected to" setting. Please suggest solutions. ...

Make Default

How can I create a formla using date ranges
How can I create a formula that will do this: = IF cell A2 ="m" and if cell D2 is between 5/19/06 and 6/20/06 than cell E2 ="June" + if A2 = "m" and D2 is between 6/21/06 and 7/18/06 than E2 = "July" and so on? This is the formula I used: =AND(A2="m")*IF(D2=38854:38888,"June")+AND(A2="m")*IF(D2=38889:38916,"July") I either get an #Value!, or some other error. Please help! If June / July is your only concern, then: =if( A2 <> "m", ___whatever happens if A2 is not m____, if( and(D2>3885...

How can I get the bar code to appear in a mail merge?
Am creating a newsletter in Publisher 2000. I know how to mail merge from Excel, but the bar code does not appear. How can I get the bar code to print on the document? The bar codes many not be accepted by the US Post Office any longer. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HA101091591033.aspx -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "sfrick" <sfrick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0C7592ED-974B-4D5F-B390-F8BA61A3075A@microsoft.com... > Am creating a newsletter in Publisher 2000. I ...

making a transfer show up in the budget

Stacking data from within a series within a bar chart
Hi there, For a stacked bar chart (not the 100% stacked bar chart), is there a way to stack the data within a series and make each series a different bar within the bar chart, instead of vice versa which appears to be the Excel default (e.g. In Excel, the highlighted values for a series become separate bars, and each subsequent series is stacked upon this preceding series dependent upon the order of the highlighted values)? If not, can I move around my bars so that some are more adjacent to particular bars and not so close to others? If this isn't clear, I've tried to specify ...

Updating Source Code in Charts
Created a spreadsheet with 100 charts. Data has been updated yearly by inserting rows for the current year and adding those numbers. I'm going to the existing chart and update the source data, but the resulting chart doesn't show the correct numbers. Looks like it's taking the 2006 data and replacing it with 2002 data from the previous row. This is the fourth year I've been using the speadsheet to update charts, but now it's not working. Any clues? -- Office User at University ...

Sending Email without using Smart Host
We have Exch2000. We used to use Earthlink as our dial-up ISP and configured the SMTP connector to "Forward all mail through this connector to the following smart host: with the Earthlink SMTP info as: smtpauth.earthlink.net In order to get a broadband connection, we switched to using an EVDO card (Aircard for Mobile BroadBand) from are wireless carrier who does not provide SMTP mail server capability. Our incoming mail (POP3) has always been hosted by our webhost based on our domains (CompanyNameA.com;CompanyNameB.com). What are our options to send email..such as setting up a free gmai...

Chart on a different sheet
I have numbers on SHEET2 that are all 7 cells apart: A1 A8 A15 A22 etc I want to create a chart on sheet 6 so I have copied the coordinate as such yo shhet 6 =Sheet2!:a1 =sheet2!a8 etc etc Is there a way that this could be done jmucg faster and better as my list is becoming very long. Thanks In Sheet6, Place this in any starting cell, say, in B2: =INDEX(Sheet2!A:A,ROWS($1:1)*7-6) Copy B2 down as far as required. B2 returns the same as: =Sheet2!A1 B3 returns the same as: =Sheet2!A8 and so on -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- "pcor" wrote: >...

making tickets

Opening Office 2007 files using Office 2003 suite
Hi, I am using Office 2003 Professional version. Up until recently I was able to convert and open Office 2007 files using Office 2003. I had some computer issues recently and had to reinstall some software. I reinstalled Office as well as the converter but when I click on 2007 files nothing happens. Therefore I am stuck asking everyone who sends me a file to dumb it down for me and it is a real hassle. I am not real tech savvy so anything you can do to help is appreciated. Thank you! "redskins1" <redskins1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

Angle charts?
I would like to display angle data on a chart that is at 90°. Kind of like a pie chart but at ± 3° from nominal. ...

Use the propertyInfo to setValues
Hello. I am using the propertyInfo type. dim pi as propertyInfo pi = myClass.getType().getProperty("myPropertyName", BindingFlags.Public Or BindingFlags.Instance) myPropertyName may be any property, such as borderLevel, etc. I want to set myPropertyName to a specific value, as propertyGrid does (I mean - by sending it a string). I see there are methods : getGetMethod, and getSetMethod - Are those method the property editors ? Can I use those method to solve the problem ? How can I do that ? Thanks :) On 21/06/2010 13:45, Mr. X. wrote: > I am using...

Using a COUNTIF statement with an AND operator
I'm using Excel 2003 so I hope I'm not limited here. We are performing a space usage survey and I need to compile the data results. Each location has 70 entries over the course of 10 days. I have a column for "group work" where the value is either 1 or 0. I have another column for # of people observed in a particular office. What I'm trying to do is the following: Get a count of instances where "# of people" = 1 and "group work" = 0 I'm doing a lot of countif statements, but I don't see how to do a countif with an and operato...

Customer Feedback chart
I need to create a customer feedback chart. They have had to complete a comment card by answering excellent, good, average, poor and bad for a series of items. How can I input this data into excel and then show the results in a pie chart? The pie chart needs this data: Excellent XXX Good XXX Average XXX Poor XXX Bad XXX Select the data and use the Chart Wizard (chart-like button on the standard toolbar, or use Insert menu > Chart) to create a pie chart. If your data is like: CUSTOMER RATING Customer A Excellent Customer B Average Customer C Po...

AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE $$$

One use unabel to access Outlook webmail
I have a costumer that are running small biss 2003 with exchange. all are abole to read there mail throw outlook webmail except for one. we have tried changing her password, she is inn all the same groups as the others and she has outlook web enaboled as the other users. Any suggestion? What happens when she attempts to logon? Are there corresponding entries in the event logs? Nue "hans jacobsen" <hansjacobsen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:73BF4D97-67B6-4C45-9BE6-6D3DFB2AE7B6@microsoft.com... >I have a costumer that are running small biss 2003 with e...

Publisher 2000 page control bar has disappeared
Apologies if this is a duplicate post. Re: Microsoft Publisher 2000: When I opened an 18-page document that I'd been working on for days, the page control bar was missing. I opened several other multiple-page documents and there was no page control bar on them either. I rebooted and tried again with the same results. I can get from page to page using the View menu, but that's tedious. How can I restore my page controls? On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 19:19:28 +0000, j3hop wrote (in article <05A78478-7371-4593-9DA8-E9873DDF5C65@microsoft.com>): > Apologies if this is a duplicate ...

closing a form that uses a Dlookup
I have a form I use to enter new production requirements in to a table. On that form I have a the following controls Code Qty Needed Date Needed Plan Date The Code control has the following VBA on the On Exit event: Private Sub fldcode_Exit(Cancel As Integer) Dim varrtgno As String Dim vardays As Double Dim varfstop As Date Dim varplandate As Date varrtgno = DLookup("[rtg_no]", "dbo_imitmidx_sql", "[item_no]='" & [Forms]![frm enter fillroom requirements]![fldcode] & "'") 'Me!rtgno = varrtgno Select Case varrtgno ' some cas...

wmpnetwk.exe using 100% of CPU
The process wmpnetwk.exe is continually using all of my CPU. I am using Windows 7 and I want to share media to my D-Link DSM-750. Is there any way to temporarily turn this off and then turn in back on when I need to share files? ...

only top border bar graph visible
Hi, Is it possible to show only the top border of a bar graph? If so, how? Cheers, Harold Hi, What exactly do you mean by the top border of a bar graph? You want to collapse the chart down to a line? You can drag the bottom border up until it reaches the top border. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "mohavv" wrote: > Hi, > > Is it possible to show only the top border of a bar graph? > If so, how? > > Cheers, > > Harold > ...

Balance Points in Excel Charts
Hi. I regularly produce stacked bar charts to show ranges of opinions (e.g. very poor, poor, acceptable, good and very good quality). In these charts I often manually add a drawing shape to show a 'balance point' (like a see-saw) - to show how opinions differ between different groups of people. I would like to know if there is a way to add a drawing object (or shape etc) to a graph - but linked to data (i.e. so that it is linked to the middle point of the data). This would make my graphs more dynamic and would save me a lot of time adding these shapes in man...

Bar Graph on Form (rectangle control code)
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd758785.aspx This website gives a good description of how to use a small amount of coding to have a rectangle controlled by a field value on a report appear as a bar graph when you print preview. I would like to do something very similar, show a bar graph within a form based on a field's percentage (between 0 and 1). In the example they put the code into the OnFormat event property. I would like my bar graphs to appear upon opening the form. Hope that I can use very similar code as in the example but what would I put it in... OnLoad...