how to insert numbers/letters in a chart

how to write or label point once chart has been created.
0
Vijay1 (49)

Vijay,

There are several ways . . .

(1)  When you build a chart using the Chart Wizard, the Wizard gives you
several options to label a heading, X and Y axis, as well as a data labels
option.
(2)  If the chart is already built, you can do the same as described in 1
above by clicking on the chart, going to the standard toolbar and clicking on
Chart -> Chart Options.
(3) You can apply labels via the text box option in the drawing toolbar.
(4) You can insert numbers and/or letters by modifying the source range for
the underlying data.
(5) You can apply labels via several free Excel addins that are available at
the following sites:

http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm

http://www.j-walk.com/ss/

Please see Jon's site for a quick charting tutorial:

http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/index.html

Hope this helps.

----
Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com

"vijay" wrote:

> how to write or label point once chart has been created.
Hi, Vijay -

Your toolbar should have the word CHART in it.  Click on CHART, select Chart
Option, then Titles.

Hope this helps,

Carole O

"vijay" wrote:

> how to write or label point once chart has been created.
0
CaroleO (115)

How do I copy a pie chart (just the circular pie) into powerpoint
I need to copy the circular pies into a powerpoint document (to place on top of a map) - I can't figure out how to do it without copying the whole chart (ie the square box surround it with the legend and title - I've deleted these but don't know how to seperate it from the pie) Can anyone help?? ...

Looking for cells containing numbers
Hi, in a column with cells containing either text or numbers I have to exclude those with text in an arithmetic formula as is runs through the whole column, hence avoiding an error as a result when reading text cells. A cloumn holding an intermediate result of the reading as "0" or "1" or something will be just fine. How to? Cheers, Thorkild You might be thinking of something like this ? Assuming the col with text/numbers is col A, A1 down Put in B1: =IF(ISTEXT(A1),0,A1) Copy B1 down Then use col B instead of col A for downstream calcs -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, ...

format cell to show zero if not a positive number
How can I format a column of figures to show that if the result is zero or negative amount it will just show a zero or be left blank. I am attempting to show the difference between figures that have been invoiced to figures that have been added and thus need to be invoiced. Use a custom format like #,##0.00_);; or #,##0.00_);"0";"0" HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "TechnoGram" <mumzee3@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:4183a06c-5eb1-4699-9efd-fd8a4bdd4e07@d62g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > How can I format a column of figures to show that if the result i...

Translate any english number into English word
I am a beginner. it may be a silly question. In excel, suppose in one cell a number is appearing as 9. I want to write in another cell as "Nine". How it will be possible? SANTANU Hi, See here http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213360 'How to convert a numeric value into English words in Excel' "SANTANU" wrote: > I am a beginner. it may be a silly question. > > In excel, suppose in one cell a number is appearing as 9. I want to write in > another cell as "Nine". > > How i...

adding space between columns in a chart
I am trying to customize a chart and I need to have a group of three lines (for pre-test days) then a space followed by a single line for the test day. I need to be able to accomplish this but also have a legend for these. have you tried having an empty cell in your data series for the space? "merritaf" wrote: > I am trying to customize a chart and I need to have a group of three lines > (for pre-test days) then a space followed by a single line for the test day. > I need to be able to accomplish this but also have a legend for these. ...

How do I insert Roman Numerals?

Not plot a data series in a chart but still display in data table
MS Excel 2007 I've somehow managed to display only two data series on my line chart. They still display in the data table. How did this happen? More importantly, how do I reverse it. I don't want to recreate chart. I see the data series not plotted on chart in the Chart Elements and when I select the series, the source data is highlighted; it's in the data table. How do I make it visible? Thanks! Miriam HAve you perhaps simply formatted the data series as "no line, no marker"? If so, you can format series, add some color. -- Best Regards, Lu...

Insert trigger

Showing a date field as a number
Hi. I was wondering if there was any way that I could have a column showing the date and time (20/12/2007 06:00:00) and another column show the date and time as a number, (29548). This would be done in a select query, but I am not sure how? Is it possible? Regards AJ AJ, Use format... mm/dd/yy hh:nn:ss for 20/12/2007 06:00:00 Use format... #.0000 (with Decimal Places = to suit your needs) for 39436.2500 Use format... # (with Decimal Places = 0) for 39436 -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP http://home.comcast.net/~cccs...

inserting hrs and minutes

What about routing numbers when printing checks
I had bought a pack of versacheck refills, which are compatable with money, and was looking forward to printing my checks at home. Well after setup, i went to print a few checks. The checks orinted fine and within margins, but i notice that there arent any routing numbers, my name or address, or anything on it to make this a valid and redeemable check. Am i missing something?? I have MS money 2003 and am runnning XP. On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 01:33:55 -0700, "MGidish" <MGidish@cox-internet.com> wrote: >I had bought a pack of versacheck refills, which are >compatable ...

Colour numbers within my formulae
I have been playing around with the '&' function, allowing me to mix text with calculations and cell references. I have the following at the moment: ="Of the "&TEXT(J954,"�#,0.00")&" made this year, I have managed to save "&TEXT(100/J954*J955, "#,#0.0")&"%" Which gives me a cell displaying the following: Of the �0.00 made this year, I have managed to save 0.0% What I would like to do is show the numbers (�0.00; 0.0%) in the colour blue. I don't want to add conditional formatting, just apply a colour so t...

Not plot zero on line chart without using NA?
Is there any way to have a line chart ignore the zeros other than manipulate the formula to show NA? If there were, would we settle for using NA()? We've been asking for something better for several versions of Excel. There are two options: use NA() in the formula, or delete the formula altogether. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ Homer wrote: > Is there any way to have a line chart ignore the zeros other than manipulate > the formula to show NA? > > That's what I thought, but I figured I'd take a shot at ...

Exporting Excel Charts in Separate Tabs
I have an excel file with different charts on each tab. The Excel file has at least 20 tabs and I would like to export them into Word as a separate sheet per tab for a reference guide. Is there a way to export from excel without having to cut and paste each tab? I am using MS Office 2003. ...

showing data values on chart
in excel when mouse stand on chart,excel is showing the data values of that point.how can to do this action in access? Exactly the same. When you hover the mouse over a data point for a little amount of time, a yellow bow should come up describing what's in your data point. -- Regards, Steve "afshin" wrote: > in excel when mouse stand on chart,excel is showing the data values of that > point.how can to do this action in access? Where you insert chart?i insert chart on report,and i can't to see data value on data point. "Steve"...

Insert with a where condition

Insert

Auto Sum unknown number of rows
Im using odbc to import data from a database. Imported is a list of products in column A and then various columns containing sales figures. Because of the import from the database, I do not know how many rows of products will appear, this week we sell 500 different products, next week 550. I need to add totals to the columns directly under the last product. I've tried creating the totals in an empty template and then inserting the imported data so the total figures move down and appear at the bottom. However the imported data moves the total cells to the right instead of down. Tried ...

My columns are numbers too!!!
My comulmns are not letters anymore....they are numbers. What did I do, and how can I change it back? Richard Go to Tools / Options / General and uncheck R1/C1 reference style Andy. "Richard G" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:73f501c4020b$28d0b9c0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > My comulmns are not letters anymore....they are numbers. > What did I do, and how can I change it back? Andy, Thanks. That was driving me crazy! Richard >-----Original Message----- >Richard > >Go to Tools / Options / General and uncheck R1/C1 reference ...

Print Chart in New Sheet on Two Pages
Is there a way to print a chart on more than one page if it is a "new sheet" as opposed to an object in a worksheet? I noticed that Page Break Preview is disabled in this case. Thanks ...

how to insert data in a table