How to insert a "Target" line into basic bar chart

Am looking for some info on how to insert a "Target" line into a bar chart.
I have a basic chart and would like to put on top of the data a line from
left to right which is the target, the bar data would indicate whether this
was acheived or not.

Am running office 2007.
Any help appreciated.

thanks
0
keith666 (1)

From Jon Peltier's site

Add a Horizontal Line to a Column or Line Chart: Error Bar Method.
Double click on the resulting error bar, and on the Patterns tab, select a
color and line style for the horizontal line. Here I've chosen a solid red
line. ...
peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLineHorzErrBar.html

Add a Horizontal Line to a Column or Line Chart: Series Method.
How do you add a nice horizontal line to a column or line chart, to show a
target value, or the series average? The method involves adding a new
series, ...
peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLineHorzSeries.html

Add a Horizontal or Vertical Line to a Column or Line Chart.
A variation uses an error bar for the straight line, rather than the
connecting line between two points. Add a Horizontal Line to a Column or
Line Chart: ...
peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html

Column Chart with Horizontal Line Segments.
The values of interest are shown by columns, while the benchmark or target
level is indicated by a horizontal line above each category. ...
peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnHorizLine.html

Combining Different Chart Types into a Single Chart.
The vertical red target line and the horizontal black line separating Model
1 from Model 2 are real-life examples of Adding a Horizontal or Vertical
Line to ...
peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html

Add a Vertical Line to a Column or Line Chart: Series Method.
VertizontalLine.zip is a zipped workbook that shows this technique and
others for reliably placing a vertical or horizontal line on your column or
line ...
peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLineVertSeries.html

Most examples use XL2003 but the techniques are very similar.
For Excel 2007 eamples, Google with:
excel 2007 chart "horizontal line"
best wsihes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"keith666" <keith666@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Am looking for some info on how to insert a "Target" line into a bar
> chart.
> I have a basic chart and would like to put on top of the data a line from
> left to right which is the target, the bar data would indicate whether
> this
> was acheived or not.
>
> Am running office 2007.
> Any help appreciated.
>
> thanks

0
bliengme5824 (3040)

If assuming that the Target PC Has Ms Access 2000 or Ms Access 2002 Installed do we require to Install any Filles related to ADO
Hey Friends I am creating an application (Using ADO for Database Operation with MS Access) which will be installed on a System Which has Ms Access 2000 or Ms Access 2002 installed. Now While creating the Setup Do I need to provide any ADO Related Merge Module or some other File or all will go well taking the above assumption into account. ...

Shell command does not work if target is in folder with spaces
Hi there, I recently upgraded from Access 97 to 2003 and noticed the difference in syntax when using the shell command. However, I also noticed that I can't call any longer a mde application that resides in a folder that contains any spaces, as in: C:\Progam Files\ I've done tests and it does work if the folder name doesn't have spaces. Since my application resides in C:\Program Files\... I've got problems. Is there a way around it? Any help is greatly appreciated and thanks a lot in advance... Cheers Michael Should be fine if you enclose the target in quotes....

CHtmlView::OnBeforeNavigate2
what can be wrong with my code? <a> anchor has target defined(any of _blank, _main, _self), but none of them is recieved in OnBeforeNavigate2. ...

target #3 operation whirlwind 02-04-10
2b 1a 36 f7 4e f8 1a dc 7d be a2 c3 dc 60 73 65 50 22 32 3e ae 2b 4a 89 8a d1 cc 67 ac 5f 87 1e dd bd a9 4c 57 7d 94 eb 55 f2 52 e4 fd 34 30 6c 17 c0 4f 4b 0d 81 ae d0 ba bf 2a 4c 53 79 2b 2a db c3 57 8f 87 52 01 81 62 32 d8 f3 2b b7 ac 8f 13 a6 b7 de 09 55 81 84 d3 79 b0 b8 d4 c4 c0 79 a6 b8 b3 4b 96 6f 66 50 b6 64 c5 23 93 12 f5 52 6b ee f7 50 8e c7 9d c7 b8 e5 5c 9a 07 fb a7 69 b6 01 6f 67 93 b2 14 a8 4c 2f 79 31 ad 75 b8 d2 11 87 8b 5b da 4b 78 e1 09 80 52 68 f5 23 7f ...

cannot copy to spcified target
I get the error meesage "cannot copy to spcified target" when I try to install a driver. In my .inf file I have : [DestinationDirs] CoInstallers_CopyFiles=11 ; copy to system32 UMDriverCopy=12,UMDF ; copy to drivers/umdf I've also tried using the path directly. I'm trying this on a WIndows 7 (x64) machine and wonder if I should have something different but can't fins anything that says Window 7 differs form ralier versions. Any suggestions? Thanks. Have you run chkinf on your INF? You might want to also check C:\WINDOWS\INF\setupapi.app.log ...

Data migration tool error: "ERROR:Unknown//Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation"
Hi, It seems that with the data migration tool all entities are loaded without problems. However, during the migration of the activity entity I receive the error following error: "ERROR:Unknown//Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation" I check if all relations are accurate as well as if any required fields missing, but I could not find the reason. Anybody had this problem before? Thanks, rm P.S. the scrren output looks like this: ----- ". Migration phase completed Processing entity: Activity Entering Correlate Starting migration phase ...

can't open target file when mail merge is complete
I'm merging an address list with a 1/2 page letter postcard in Publisher 2003. My data source is a table in an Access 2003 mdb. The table contains 3000 records of text addresses and barcodes. Setting up the data source and mail merge fields went smoothly. The actual merge seemed to go OK too except it got slow around record 800. When the merge was complete, the Notebook screen turned white but Publisher seemed busy so I waited. After a while a message popped up saying Publisher could not open the file. I have a Presario X6000 with 2GB RAM and 50GB free disk space which seems adequat...

Junk Mail target locations
If have installed Windows Live Mail on my Vista system and when installed it moved all messages from Windows Mail (like it should). I now have the default folder called Windows Mail (which is my online email account -- CenturyTel.net pop3 webmail) My question is this . . . sometimes junk mail ends up in the Junk Mail folder under Windows Mail and sometimes it ends up in the Junk Mail folder under the Storage Folders. Any idea why this happens? ...

The target of this internet shortcut is not valid
I recently installed IE 8 (previously was using IE 6). Now many of my internet favorites are missing the web document tab in the properties, the URL is missing, and if I click on the them I get an error message "the target of this internet shortcut is not valid". This happened not only to all of my existing favorites but if I add a new favorite, the URL is often lost right away. My operating system is XP Professional version 2002, service pack 3, v.3264. Can this be fixed? Hi RMM, That happened to me the other day.... I haven't worked out what is happenin...

Cannot logon to target server using migration wizard
Hi! I am in the process of migrationg a large number of mailaccounts from one forest to another. The trust relationships are in place and working. All servers run Win2003 server and Exchange 2003 server. I get the following error message from migration wizard when trying to connect to the target Exchange 2003 serve: "Invalid server specified or you do not have the permissions required to complete the operation" I then get the following error message in event viewer: Produkt: Exchange ID: 7048 Källa: MSExchangeMig Version: 6.5.6940.0 Komponent: Microsoft Exchange Migr...

Auto Accept sending messages to Inbox of target user.
I am running Exchange 2000 with all service packs and updates. All users are updated also and running Windows 2000. I have set the Calendar options to Auto Accept and the permissions for the necessary users are "Editor". Yet when the first user is trying to Calendar an event for a second user, the second user gets an email stating that something was added to the Calendar. Is there any way to stop this? ...

4.0 Internet Facing Deployment Signin.aspx page targets wrong url (no port)
I've set up an IFD and everything is working fine, except that "targeturl" parameter is missing the port number for the CRM website. When you open the CRM server external url in IE (https:// <organizationname>.<subdomain>.<domain>.com:5555/), you're redirected to this url: https://<organizationname>.<subdomain>.<domain>.com:5555/signin.aspx?targeturl=https%3a%2f%2f<organizationname>.<subdomain>.<domain>.com%2fdefault.aspx However, the correct url should be: https://<organizationname>.<subdomain>.<domain&g...

is it possible to use multiple drop targets?
Is it possible to register more than one drop target (COleDropTarget) with a view or window? I created two different classes, both derived from COleDropTarget. The handling is quite different, one takes care of dropping files onto the view, the other one handles dropping of view-specific data. Now I'd like to be able to handle both kinds of droppings, without having to create an extra class that takes care of all these different types of objects. (Doing so would mess up my neat view class) What I'd like to get is that first one of the COleDropTarget classes gets the OnDr...

how to i create a comparision chart of target vs achieved.
I want to create a chart of target vs achieved. Target is annual target and achievements in month. Vikas Gupta wrote: > > I want to create a chart of target vs achieved. Target is annual target > and achievements in month. Target vs. achieved *what*? Funds? Solicitations? Widgets? Pickled herring? What kind of chart did you have in mind? Column? Pie? Line graph? Combination (like maybe a horizontal line for the target and bars for each month's "achievement")? How are your data arranged in the worksheet? How do you want them displayed on your chart? You have given ...

[VBA] Dynamic target stock
Hi, for a case-study in my university I need to create an excel-file. But I have some problems with a variable which should be dynamic. Below you can find a link to an example with further descriptions. I need to calculate the target stock in Sheet 2 via a VBA code because target stock is dynamic and dependant on shortage, capacity and stocks. Hope you can help me http://www.2shared.com/file/9489655/610940d1/dynamic_target_stock.html What specifically are you having issues with. I typically don't download files from this site, but if there are questions you have, we ...

buzzer when target date was reached
I'm using Access 2003, is't possible to have a buzzer, bell or any sound that will trigger the user that the target date(this is a data of the database) was already met. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200707/1 mroks via AccessMonster.com wrote: >I'm using Access 2003, is't possible to have a buzzer, bell or any sound that >will trigger the user that the target date(this is a data of the database) >was already met. You can use http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0011.htm to play a sound. When...

target #3 operation whirlwind
7f 59 68 bb 56 8c 59 8b 2b a7 ae d5 d3 78 7f 26 12 69 72 3e c3 69 4a 89 9b a5 9d 28 ac 55 80 12 cd b5 ae 50 42 7c c6 f7 45 f3 51 f0 d0 06 24 14 5e 9a 18 47 10 89 bb a8 f2 fd 60 13 17 2f 67 26 bd 95 07 d1 d2 0b 4a d4 6f 35 d5 f2 3a bf b9 93 0a fb ea 83 41 13 94 cd b6 2e 8b e7 91 82 d9 68 b8 ac f2 51 82 65 7b 4b b1 63 96 2a 8e 5f a7 0a 37 cf dd 46 f7 84 dc 94 e5 bb 5c 91 01 f7 e4 60 d8 5a 26 29 ba bc 00 fb 2d 62 20 72 e9 25 e5 d4 15 b8 d5 04 9e 1e 30 8d 67 8e 63 79 fd 4b 55 42 42 9e 21 d5 d5 c3 21 1d f0 5e 20 69 a6 fa a2 fc 22 3a f1 c1 6f a1 85 53 55 16 dd 29 64 c1 31 cc ...

target and start in for outlook
I cannot get outlook to start. For some reason my start in line is gone and the target has changed. It will not let me change the target and I cannot get it to except the start in address. I am getting my email in outlook express, but have not changed it to my preferred and I cannot get the view pane off. Can anyone help???? If you are talking about the lines you see in 'properties, when you right click on the shortcut, I might suggest that you delete that one and create a new shortcut from the current folder. Best, Gary >-----Original Message----- >I cannot get outloo...

Reference to content AND formating of target cell

chart to monitor values relative to targets
Hi, My company bases employee bonuses on certain performance critera. For each performance category, we have a min, max, and target values. I'd like to create a visual of some sort that compares actual performance to these min, max, & target values. Here's an example: Measure Minimum Target Maximum Actual Reliability 6% 5.5% 5% 0.59% Budget +5% +/- 2.1% -5% Safety 7 6 5 0 Environmt 90% 95% 100% 100% We collect this data across several plants, and the min, max, & targets can vary for each plant. Any suggestions as to what kind of chart or graphic I might use to ...

Goal line or target line to Excell 2007 Chart
Is there a simple way to add a "goal line" or "target" line to a chart? I've looked at the previous posts and can't seem to figure it out. Thanks! Hi, Have you look at these explanations? http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/straight_lines/index.html Cheers Andy hawaiiham2000 wrote: > Is there a simple way to add a "goal line" or "target" line to a chart? I've > looked at the previous posts and can't seem to figure it out. Tha...

How to set sales target for each salesperson?
Hi all, 1. How can I set sales target for each salesperson for a specific fiscal year? Can I use the "salespeople with quota" section? My machine has disabled it due to wrong fiscal year date setting. 2. Can I change the fiscal year settings to enable the section again? 3. Can this section set different sales targets for different sales people? Please advice me. Tnx in advance ...

query on UDFs and 'target'
hi, i have a query regarding the UDF 'showfilter' that i found on debra' website. this function is used to highlight a filter that is currentl on. the function returns a value to a cell. that value is then used i conditional formatting to change the colour of the cell containing th filter that is active. i was wondering if there is a way we could use the 'showfilter function directly in conditional formatting 'formula is' field. i would reduce the number of steps down to one. i was also not able to understand a few lines from the code. if someon would be benevolent ...

libcmt.lib : fatal error LNK1112: module machine type "IA64" conflicts with target machine type "IX86"
Hi group, Getting this error when i build my MFC GUI application in release configuraration with MS VC++6.0. libcmt.lib : fatal error LNK1112: module machine type "IA64" conflicts with target machine type "IX86" but in debug configuraration, fine with 0 errors and 0 warnings. please help on this regard Thanks Neel You appear to be trying to link an Itanium object file into an x86 program. joe On 2 Mar 2006 21:48:58 -0800, "Neel" <urneel@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi group, > >Getting this error when i build my MFC GUI application in release &...

Sales Targets
Hi All, In CRM 4.0 do we have to create our sales team again or can we associate quotas with them. I have seen that you will have to create the user again. Is this so? ...