how to globally change souce data on plot

I have a x-y scatter chart with about 40 individual lines originating from
individual spreadsheet tab for each line.  I need to clone this chart
multiple times, changing only the column references for the x and y
parameters.  To accomplish this I currently go to "chart," "source data" and
manually change the x and y references for each line.  Is there a way to
globally change the cell references for all line on the chart?
0
scoons (1)

This web page describes a technique to change series formulas en masse:

  http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChgSrsFmla.html

It provides a link to a workbook that contains a macro to change these
formulas.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"scoons" <scoons@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a x-y scatter chart with about 40 individual lines originating from
> individual spreadsheet tab for each line.  I need to clone this chart
> multiple times, changing only the column references for the x and y
> parameters.  To accomplish this I currently go to "chart," "source data"
> and
> manually change the x and y references for each line.  Is there a way to
> globally change the cell references for all line on the chart?

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

can i able to change the voting caption "VOTE" to custom caption?
can i able to change the voting caption "VOTE" to custom caption? I don't think so. What happened when you tried? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Balan asked: | can i able to change the voting caption "VOTE" to custom caption? ...

changing program icon
How do I change the icon of an MFC program I am creating? Sorry if this is a dumb question. Click the resource tab and right-click on the icon that you want to change. Click properties. In the file name text box enter the file name of the icon that you wish to change to. anonymous@coolgroups.com wrote in message news:<b83f655567261121cc38cd9cedc48112@news.scbiz.com>... > How do I change the icon of an MFC program I am creating? > > Sorry if this is a dumb question. It's in the resources, under "Icon". My projects all have them listed as "IDR_MAINFRAME&qu...

How do I change excell doc to all caps?
How do I change my excell doc to all upper case. Try the function UPPER, it changes all text to uppercase letter. princechopper Wrote: > How do I change my excell doc to all upper case. -- Morrigan ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Morrigan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=7094 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=387354 have a look at the caseconvert add-in available from http://www.cpearson.com/excel/download.htm "Morrigan" wrote: > > Try the fun...

data not matching between related tables
A while back, I encountered some corruption, and didn't realize that Access eliminated my relationship between the parent and child table. When I try to reset the relationship, it won't let me because some data violates the rules. I'm pretty sure that one or more records in the parent table was deleted along the way leaving the related records in the child table there. Since scrolling through 30,000 records to try identifying what might be missing isn't practical, I thought I'd ask if there is a way to create a query that identifies the "orphan" record(s). Or p...

Moving data to new computer
I have a new computer with Money 2003. I want to move my data from Money 2000 on my old computer. I've gotten nowhere with the help menus...online or off line. Any help would be appreciated...thanks All you need to do is move your .mny file across. When it is on your new computer double click on the file name - that will start M2003 and tell it where to find the file in future. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "Mike" <powersm@mail.r...

Change item numbers
Hello, our company is in the process of acquiring other companies. We had items numbers that were specific to just our organization. We now want to change our item numbers so they are more generic and will work with any company we acquire in the future. We are on GP10. All our items are service items not actual inventory items but they are all listed in the Item Master and we use SOP transactions. We'd prefer not to discontinue an item and create new items. I'd like to get opinions as to updating the sql tables. I would think we'd have to update Item Master, SOP10200,...

Inconsistency between global catalog in root and global catalog in child domains
Hi, I have a very strange problem in my AD. It seems that there is an inconsistence between global catalog in the root domain and global catalog in the child domains. Global catalog on all root domain controllers are identical. Global catalog on all child domain controllers are identical. However (at least) one orphaned object exist in the global catalog on the child DC's, but not in global catalog on the root DC's. The object is not accessible through adsiedit, ldp, etc. and thus we cannot delete it. Does anybody have a good idea on how to get this object deleted. How the inco...

Powerpoint 2007 Excel import change tab
Hi, The situation is as follows: Powerpoint template needs to import data from specific fields from within a tab in excel. This tab name changes depending on the client. Using the "paste Special" i can get the info imported fine. The part i have a problem with is changing the name of the tab to import different data.Powerpoint doesn't have an option under "Prepare>Edit Links To file" If anyone can suggest a solution even a macro to prompt the user to enter the name of the new sheet they want to pull the data from. The Execl file does not change ...

Change workbook
I have a populated chart in one workbook. I want to make the same chart in another workbook (with different data but with same chart settings eg. line style). Is it possible to somehow copy the chart from one workbook to another and then just change the data series? I tried that but my chart now has ugly grey lines all over it (dont know what they mean but they are diagonal). Please need help! Thanks alot! You may have better results if you copy the entire sheet, including both chart and data, then replace the copied data with the data from the other sheet you want to plot. - Jon ----...

Data Validation in Shared Workbook
I set up a shared workbook that included some data validation. Now I need to add an additional valid value but when I go to Tools, Share Workbook, Editing I cannot turn off "Allow changes....) so that I can change the validation. It is OK if I lose the change history up to this point. Any ideas why this option is disabled? Thanks! -- susieqhersh ------------------------------------------------------------------------ susieqhersh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26887 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=4...

email link in signature font changes, why?
Hi folks, I have an email link in my Outlook 2003 signature created in frontpage. In frontpage the link is arial black, but when I send email it arrives as Times new roman black...any idea why? Thanks, Danny ...

2nd Axes
I have a chart with 4 (2 lines & 2 bars) series of data, 3 (2 lines & 1 bar)referencing the primary axis and the other bar is supposed to reference the secondary axis. When I format this series, the primary bar series overlaps the 2nd bar series - they should be 2 separate bar graphs. How do I fix this? You need to use some hidden column series to keep the visible columns from overlapping: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html Do the columns first, then add the line chart data, and convert them to line series (Excel will add them as columns). To change th...

Copying SumIF formulas without changing the Sum Range
I am having trouble copying a SumIf formula without the Sum Range changing. Does anyone know how to do this? "Deborah" <galyong@sscserv.com> wrote in message news:0e3b01c38e66$27b27100$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I am having trouble copying a SumIf formula without the > Sum Range changing. Does anyone know how to do this? Change the sum range references to absolute, such as A1 to $A$1. ...

"how to change the administrator password"
Dear expert, how to change the administrator password in MS exchange server 2003, would you please send me the path of an article show me how to do this ?? thankx There is no such thing as an Exchange administrator password. There's the normal administrator account, but Exchange does not use that. There is no longer a service account as there was in Exchange 5.5, since Exchange 200x uses LocalSystem for service startup. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Akkad" <amr.akkad@gbrands.com> wrote in mess...

Changing WordArt defaults
This problem is apparent to me when I use Publisher (2003 and 2007) but I suspect it is a generic problem with Word Art across the Office range. I use WordArt alot and I always use the same font (monotype Corsiva) but everytime I invoke Wordart it defaults to Times New Roman. Is there anywhere in the system that I can set a default value to my preferred font so that I don't have to search everytime I invoke Wordart? (I currently use both XP and Vista - Office 2003 and 2007) It depends on the style on what font is the default. In Publisher 2007, create a WordArt. Right-click, Add to cont...

Catching global keystrokes
Hello. I need my program to react to some key combination no matter if the program's window is active or not. How can this be done? Depends on the details of the key combinations as to what you have to do, precisely, but a WH_GETMESSAGE hook looking for WM_KEYDOWN, WM_SYSKEYDOWN or WM_CHAR is a start. Note if the key combination is Ctrl+Alt+Del, then it will never be possible. In Vista, you will not be able to get ALL keystrokes unless you are running as administrator. See my essay on hooks on my MVP Tips site. joe On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 09:42:52 +0300, Vladimir <thamiorsinister@...

Adding two days of data on one row
Hi, Here is the issue. I am using Access 2003. I am in a central time zone and I run a report that is in Pacific time zone. When I export this data it shows all of the data for yesterday and then goes into two hours today. For example: The report that i run is from 2:00 am CST which would be 12:00 PST on 1/28/2008 to 1:59 am CST which would be 11:59pm PST on 1/29/2008. When this report is exported I am showing data essentially from 2:00 on 1/28 to 1:59 on 1/29. Since I have data for two days I need to get a total for three colums. I then need to calculate a formula based on that inform...

Changing default Page Size
I tried to print a report from CRM 3.0 but reliased that all reports are defaulted to 'Letter' page size. When I looked at the printer default size it is set at A4 but in the report the printing preference goes to 'Letter'. I also looked at the rdl file and it is in A4. Does anyone know how to change the page size to A4? Thanks -- dwoo ...

I need help affecting the Values of one cell by entering data into another...
Ok... I'm helping a friend of mine (he works at a gravelpit at the scale house) get something set up on Excel where he enters the truck's number (or any sort of data) in one cell and then one cell over it automatically logs in the current time. Does anyone have a way to help? Does anyone even understand what I mean? Please help... you will have a friend for life... Josh ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Came across an "approximately equival...

How do I change the default paper size
How do you change the default paper size in publisher 2003 to A4 so it stays after the program is closed and then reopened again. In england, everyone uses A4 paper, so it is annoying to have to set the paper size to A4 every time I start publisher. Try this: Start Settings Printer Select your printer, Right click, Properties, Printer Preferences, select your paper size. This is using Windows XP. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Tommylommykins" <Tommylommykins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2501279A-4D4F-4AF5-96FF-F0E68DCC482C@microsoft.com... > How do yo...

If check box changes
Access 2003 On my subform I have 3 checkboxes format Yes\No BBAll - control source BBAll default Yes BB1 - control source BB1 default No BB2 - control source BB2 default No and 2 textboxes TextBB1 - control source =DLookUp("[BB1]","[t000Facts]","[UnitID] =" & [UnitNo]) TextBB2 - control source =DLookUp("[BB2]","[t000Facts]","[UnitID] =" & [UnitNo]) If TextBB1 is null then BB1.enabled=false If TextBB2 is null then BB2.enabled=false this means if TextBB1 is empty then the BB1 checkbox selection is disabled(s...

No global address list when trying to send email through excel
In excel, you can send the spreadsheet as an attachment through emai (Outlook). When I try to do this, the global address list on th server doesn't show up, therefore the person I'm trying to send it t doesn't show up. The global address list is available because I ca save the spreadsheet and create a new email and insert it as a attachment...I would like to send the spreadsheet in an email throug excel (File, Send to, mail recipient (as attachment) because it' easier...How do I change the settings to look for the GAL on th server. There was some sort of wizard that walked ...

Open and close an account record creates "changes"?
When I open and then close an Account record (in Web Client and Outlook Client of CRM) without changing anything, it still gives me the error "Are you sure you want to navigate from this page? Your changes have not been saved ... etc.." What can be the reason for this? We might have some workflows and/or coding on the Acount entity, but nothing unsupported or anything complicated..? Hi, Most probably you have some JScript on the form which is recalculating some field. If some field have value "100" and using some JScript, you remove that value and then reenter same v...

Changing the Exchange Alias
Hello, I'm trying to figure out how to change a user's Exchange Alias. I've changed the username, exchange attributes, run the Recipient Update Service rebuild and update. When I address a message to the user, I right-click on the user's full name (in the To: field) and select properties. The Alias is still the old username. Any thoughts? Thanks! Jeff Did you change the alias name in ADUC? Jeff Brooks-Manas wrote: > Hello, > > I'm trying to figure out how to change a user's Exchange Alias. I've > changed the username, exchange attributes, run the...

RE: Excel data exported to custom Outlook form
Greetings earthlings, I have an issue that I have been trying to resolve for sometime, I think I will provide the scenario and hope someone has an answer. Here it is. - I have Excel workbook called "users.xls" - I have a worksheet called "location" - I have a cell B10 in the worksheet who's contents I want to be exported to a textbox called "state" in a custom Outlook form called "RFCO" that resides in the personal forms library in Outlook. (this custom form is from an email template) - I then want to be able to email the form. How do I c...