how to draw a trendline using two set of data?

Dear All,
How to draw a trendline using two set of data (same x-value but different in
y-value)

thanks
Cheers
0
PY (1)

Do you want two trendlines, one for each data set? The Add Trendline dialog
(Chart menu > Add Trendline) has a listbox to allow selection of a series.

Do you want to combine the data into one series? You need to define a series
that contains all of the points. If your two separate series have these
series formulas:

=SERIES(Sheet1!$C$4,Sheet1!$B$5:$B$12,Sheet1!$C$5:$C$12,1)
=SERIES(Sheet1!$D$4,Sheet1!$B$5:$B$12,Sheet1!$D$5:$D$12,2)

you need to add a series with this formula:

=SERIES("Combined",(Sheet1!$B$5:$B$12,Sheet1!$B$5:$B$12),(Sheet1!$C$5:$C$12,Sheet1!$D$5:$D$12),3)

Note how you can define multiple area ranges by separating the areas with
commas and enclosing the combined range in parentheses.

You can simply select the plot area, then click in the formula bar, and type
or paste in a valid formula like this.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"PY" <PY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Dear All,
> How to draw a trendline using two set of data (same x-value but different
> in
> y-value)
>
> thanks
> Cheers

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Outlook 2002 blocks me from using Word 2000 as e-mail editor
The area in tools that allows me to choose Word as my default e-mail editor is blocked out and I am unable to check this. Is there a fix to allow Outlook 2002 to see my Word 2000 or will I need to buy Word 2002 in order for this to happen? Thank you in advance for any help that you could give in this area. Rich Prouty prouty@pobox.com ...

Compare dates in two different ranges
Hi. I have the following data in a worksheet: A B DATE NUMBER 05/15/2010 321 05/16/2010 558 05/17/2010 665 05/18/2010 262 C D DATE NUMBER 06/10/2010 321 06/11/2010 558 06/12/2010 665 06/13/2010 262 This is data that I import from a company application, and as you can see, a number can have more than one date associated. I need to obtain in another range, the number (only once) and the dates associated to it. How can I do this comparat...

using the MOD funktion in excel 2003
start time 11:00:00 PM (A3) end time 3:00:00 AM (B3) i am trying to use mod to work out the number of hours that a person worked using excel so i used the following formula =mod(B3-A3,1) i keep getting the following error #Name? thanks in advance for any help i can get -- a2apple =mod() shouldn't cause an error. My first guess... If you look at the column headers, do you see A, B, C, ... or do you see 1, 2, 3, ... If you see numbers, try changing this: tools|Options|General Tab|uncheck R1C1 reference style And reenter the formula. === Or maybe =mod() is called a different n...

comparing numerically two documents
Hi all, I need to compare the text of document A with the text of document B with some Word functionality, plugin or tool that tells me how much the text in the two docs is different. Some kind of reporting feature that tells you something like "The text of document B is X % (percent) different from the text of document A" Is anythig like this available? thanks ...

Setting-up CRM3.0-- How reduce costs?
Hi, If I want an approval for MS Dynamics CRM3.0 from my boss I will have to reduce initial costs as much as possible. First coming-up moths only 15 users wil actually use the product. We will have to customize it so during this period it will not be use to its full extend. So during this period I don't think we will need a state-of-the-art configuration. In other words; I need ways to reduce the initial investment. On way of doing this is setting everything up at minimum system-requierments and gradually extend the configuration. (please not we won't be using small business se...

Ask for which email address to use?
As a consultant, I send emails using my standard email account. But I also work as a contractor for another company to which they have assigned me an email address to use. Periodically I find myself accidentally sending an email from my primary account during a hectic day. It causes some confusion and I wanted to ask the following question. Instead of having a default email account used in outlook, Is there a way where I can set up Outlook so it requires me to select the correct email address each time? Outside of using a different email software program, I'm not...

Distribute an add-in using a URL
Hi! I'm trying to get an .xla file to load up in the Add-ins from a URL. I receive the following message when I try to add the URL link.."You cannot use an Internet address here. Enter a path that points to a location on your computer or on the network." ...

saving dbf file without losing data
How do I save new info on a dbf file without losing the data in the save? I read the excel help and it said to set the data range but, I do not know what to do. Thanks ...

lost two months of received emails
Help I lost about 2 months of received emails. They are not in my deleted folder. I already tried the pst restore utility. Thanks ...

a new drawing not erase previous drawing?
visual studio c++ 6.0, mfc, graphics in my program a new drawing erases previous drawing. How to manage that all that is drawn stays alive on the window? And is not erased when the window is covered by another window, as well. And that the image does not flicker... Those last two have from time to time appeared in my attempts to solve the first problem. And that I didn't manage at all - make the first drawing, then the second, see them both at the same time on the window. I have tried the following and maybe more: Invalidate(false), InvalidateRect(false), override OnEraseBkgnd, ...

How to use Cwnd.CreateEx()
Hi, My application has a left window showing a treeview and a right window showing some 3D objects. When a treeview item is clicked on, I want to create a 3rd window (probably a child of the right window) for showing relevant texts. This new window, showing texts, should have no menu bar and a wide frame, To create it using CreateEx(), (1) how do I specify the 2nd parameter, lpszClassName? Is it _T("plain")? (2) Can lpszWindowName be anything? (3) how to specify nIDorHMenu if no menu is needed? Thanks for your help. Tony > This new window, showing texts, should have...

Countif using a cell reference as range
=COUNTIF(formalin_count,"<=d$2") formalin_count consist of a string of times (F6:F64999) ie 07:00 - 19:00 d2 consist of a time (the end/max time). (18:00) I am trying to get the count of instances up until the time given in D2. The question is how to get this to read the reference D$2 ? thanx try this idea =COUNTIF(A:A,"<" &d2) -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "J.W. Aldridge" <jeremy.w.aldridge@gmail.com> wrote in message news:3dc06f0b-cc5b-4899-9d0e-e92e90964cb7@v1g2000pra.googlegroups.com....

graph creation from table using cells with links not possible
Hello, I have problem with MS Excel 2003. It´s impossible to create a graph from the table which is automatically fullfilled by the links to another sheet. I have to fullfill the table manually (numbers not links to them are physically in the cells) and only then I´m able to create the graph correctly. Is there some possibillity, how to create a graph from the table wich has links instead real numbers in the cells? Thanks for Your ideas. Regards, Bobr. ...

Extracting Data #3
Following is an example of the type of data I have in Column A of my spreadsheet. This is just one record there are hundreds that are similar. I would like to extract the Address and Owner and the 3 lines below that to another column, worksheet or workbook (it doesn't matter). I am new to Excel so I don't know if this is possibe or not. I appreciate the help. ROLL NUMBER : 002-650-067-44-0000 JURISDICTION: 200 - ADDRESS : 2860- 2858 W First OWNER : ABC Company LTD 2429 MCBAIN AVE Washington DC 123456 EQUITY: Regist...

how do i plot this kind of data using excel
need a help in plotting data presented in class form, e.g; variables for A in condition 1 ranges from 67-89, in condition 2they range from 52-67, in condition 3; 65-87, in conditon 4, 62-83. Variables for B in condition 1 60-77,in condition 2, 50-64, in condition 3, 54-73, in condition 4 51-70 Tamm, Try setting your data up like this: Low High A1 67 89 B1 60 77 A2 52 67 B2 50 64 A3 65 87 B3 54 73 A4 62 83 B4 51 70 Then, plot it using either a clustered column chart or a stacked column chart. ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "TAMM" wrote: > need a he...

how to draw a bitmap transparently?
Hi, I have an owner draw button associated with a bitmap. In the bitmap editor, I turn off the option "draw opaque" for the bitmap. That is, I make it transparent. However, the the bitmap's background color still shows up on the button. The bitmap has only a solid circle in the middle. What else do I have to do? Please help. Thanks. Tony One thing you can do--and this works only for some restricted cases, which you may or may not have--is to make the button background 192,192,192, and when you LoadImage, you specify LR_MAP3DCOLORS. It will change the 192,192,192 to...

Using Outlook 2003 Lotus Connector
I use Outlook XP and have it configured to use the Lotus Server connector and it works great. Recently I tried to config Outlook 2003 to use the Lotus Connector that is built into Outlook2003 and it fails everytime. Outlook loads but then closes and says the connector failed. Anyone have any ideas? That connector that looks built in is leftover cruft from your Outlook 2002 isntall. Ignore that. You need to wait for the Outlook 2003 connector, which is supposedly in beta now. Until then, IMAP/LDAP is your buddy -- sans calendar, of course. Cheers. Sander wrote: > I use Outlook XP ...

Results Wizard Using Sharepoint Designer?
We are now using SharePoint Designer even though we don't have SharePoint Servers. Everything seems to work similar to FrontPage except for the Database Results Wizard. How can I get to the Database Results Wizard? If I have a page already with a table built by the Wizard, I can edit it via the Wizard just fine. However, I can't figure out how to even find the Wizard to create one on a blank page. Any ideas? ...

Linear Trendline Vs Common Sense
I need to know why the amount of workload this year is down 9% so far, but the linear trend line is up. True, work has increased in recent months, but it is down for the fiscal year-to-date. The linear trend accounts for the recent increases, but not for the fact that the total amount of workload this year has declined when compared to the same time period last year. ‘Any thoughts? Douglas wrote on Thu, 7 Jun 2007 07:10:00 -0700: DE> I need to know why the amount of workload this year is down DE> 9% so far, but the linear trend line is up. True, work has DE> increased...

Removing at item using qsrules
I am trying to remove an item that is on the pos store operations screen. I am using the following code and it is giving me a "Type mismatch" error: Dim objDeleted As Object Set objDeleted = Session.Transaction.Entries.Remove(Session.Transaction.Entries(1)) I have also tried to define objDeleted as a transactionentry & transactionentires and take off the "Set" and I get "Object variable or With block variable not set" error. Has anyone been successful in removing an item and if so could you provide the code snippit? Thanks, Robert -- rshuptrine armsys ...

How you use your queue
hi, Will like to know how everyone uses the queue function. For example, we have a queue called support@company.com We will like the emails to be split equally among 5 customer service representatives. Example, if there are 500 emails entering support queue each day, each csr should be assigned 100 emails? any idea how this can be achiveed? many thanks Alan Sounds like you need to write code to do this. One approach would be to store a list of the users who these mails should go to and then also store the name of the one who got the last mail. You then write code to monitor the...

Can't Send Attachments Using Outlook 2003
I am unable to send an file that has an attachment. Tried Outlook and Outlook Express. Running Win XP Pro. Works fine on my laptop running Win 2000 and Outlook 2000 ...

Help with insert using MySql
I have having difficulty figuring out how to insert into a MySql database using C# and MySql Connector. I looked over several tutorials now I I seem to have everything correct but for some reason values never get inserted into my table, everything is NULL! here is my code: MySqlConnection connection = new MySqlConnection(MyConString); connection.Open(); MySqlCommand command = new MySqlCommand("INSERT INTO mytable (name) VALUES (@name)", connection); command.Parameters["@name"].Value = "test"; command.ExecuteNonQuery(); It inserts a row into...

owner draw CListBox, how to draw "no item found"
Hello, I have an owner draw listbox, in the DrawItem I draw the items. If the listbox doesn't contain any item I would like to display a message "no item found" but this is no item, so DrawItem is the wrong place. Where should I do this? OnPaint, OnEraseBkgnd? I thought I would be able to do something like this for a test (just paint the window blue) but it's always white BOOL CmyListbox::OnEraseBkgnd(CDC* pDC) { if (m_pItemList.GetCount() < 1) { CRect rc; GetClientRect(&rc); pDC->FillSolidRect(rc,RGB(0,0,255)); return TRU...

Finding second data point on primary axis of two axis chart
Hi I am new to Excel 2007 (moved from Excel 2003). I have a chart with one column on the primary axis and a line on the secondarry axis. I added a second series of data on the primary axis and can't find it. This usued to happend with my previous edition of Excel and was quickly remedied by putting the cursor on the horizontal line until I found it. Is there another way to find that second series of data? Thanks in advance. Al Charbonneau Al Charbonneau _ Select a data series. Use the up-down arrow keys to cycle through the major chart objects until the a...