How to display an object name in the Name Box in Excel 2007?

Hello:

In Excel 2003, if I select a series in a graph, the Name Box shows the name
of the series and the formula box shows the data range.

However, in Excel 2007, it does not show anything in the Name Box.  Is there
an option to make it display?  I scanned the Excel Options, but did not see
any.  Perhaps I miss it?

Thanks,

Q1 (19)

They forgot how useful that was. It was also visible in 2003 in the
Chart toolbar.

The selected chart element is visible in the top left control in the
last two chart tools ribbon tabs.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://peltiertech.com/

Q wrote:
> Hello:
>
> In Excel 2003, if I select a series in a graph, the Name Box shows the name
> of the series and the formula box shows the data range.
>
> However, in Excel 2007, it does not show anything in the Name Box.  Is there
> an option to make it display?  I scanned the Excel Options, but did not see
> any.  Perhaps I miss it?
>
> Thanks,

jonNO1 (306)
8/14/2009 3:57:56 AM
Thanks Jon!

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

> They forgot how useful that was. It was also visible in 2003 in the
> Chart toolbar.
>
> The selected chart element is visible in the top left control in the
> last two chart tools ribbon tabs.
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier
> Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
> http://peltiertech.com/
>

> Q wrote:
> > Hello:
> >
> > In Excel 2003, if I select a series in a graph, the Name Box shows the name
> > of the series and the formula box shows the data range.
> >
> > However, in Excel 2007, it does not show anything in the Name Box.  Is there
> > an option to make it display?  I scanned the Excel Options, but did not see
> > any.  Perhaps I miss it?
> >
> > Thanks,

Q1 (19)

Excel 2003 Calendar Pop-Up Add-In
Does anyone have a calendar pop-up add-in for Excel 2003 which facilitates entry of dates into a cell? Hi subseaguy See http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "subseaguy" <subseaguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D3F0254E-78B3-4732-BFA4-1A5DE810648C@microsoft.com... > Does anyone have a calendar pop-up add-in for Excel 2003 which facilitates > entry of dates into a cell? Ron, Thanks.. that did the trick. subseaguy "Ron de Bruin" wrote: > Hi subseaguy > > See > http://...

Importing to Excel from Access
I have been trying to import a database from Access by using the import external data function. The link works and I can refresh, but when I save the worksheet an error meesage pops up saying program files\Microsoft Office\Office11\Library\MSQuery\XLquery.xla could not be found. I also get an error message when I open the workbook. This is strange, because I ran some test blank workbooks and linked the Access database just fine. Please help. ...

Change Brokerage user name and password
How does one change the login information (user name and password) for a brokerage to download info? I have gone around and around a million times and can't find it. I really hate 2007 -- David Schwartz Commack, NY Look up the following Help Topic: Update Money with a changed bank or brokerage password -Mark "David Schwartz" <who4ever@optonline.net> wrote in message news:HHTQh.29$E%2.19@newsfe12.lga... > How does one change the login information (user name and password) for a > brokerage to download info? > I have gone around and around a million times...

Object not found. Cant open attachment, HELP PLEASE!!
I have 2 users out of 80 that cannot open attachments for some reason. They get a message saying "Object not found". I can open the message easily from my machine, no problems. Has anyone seen this problem before? We are all running XP Professional with Office 2000 SP3 with all updates. the mail format is HTML so I dont think its the Rich-Text issue. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Steve Kennemer Dallas TX ...

Dual Displays

Excel Visual Formula Help For Adding
I have a formula stating Range("G5000").End (x1up).Select and am wanting to add to this where in the selected cell you add 1 + the first cell up. Thank you 1) First of all it should read: XLUP and not X1UP. 2) Your - after correction - formula selects the last filled cell in a range. I'm not sure I understood the rest of your requext... Assuming that the last cell being selected. by the command - what do you want to do from this point and on...? Micky -- והמשך/י, נא, לקרוא את השורה הבאה: *********** אם תגובתי עזרה לחץ/י, נא, על <כן> בפס האופקי התחתון! ...

Split box
Jim as a novice on excel I am not sure if Iunderstand what you want but if you go to Windows on the menu and select switch does help?? ...

Cloning objects between workbooks without external reference
hi, Is that possible to make it manually or via VBA to clone (copy) whole different objects (for example charts, sheets) that will copy all the data and formatting but WITHOUT the external links? Sometimes I need to duplicate a formula of a chart in the new workbook and if I copy if it will keep reference to the external original workbook. I'd like to keep the format and all the references, but to keep the references local in the new workbook. The time consuming solution is to modify all the series on such a chart manually, but I believe in the better and faster solution. Thanks in ad...

Folder could not be displayed

Memory leak CWinthread object
Hi, I am having difficulty tracing a memory leak. I create a thread using AfxBeginThread(CheckSystemHeartbeat,0,THREAD_PRIORITY_NORMAL); For the moment no parameters are passed to the new thread.I am just testing a skelton of the eventual thread body as shown below :- UINT CSetupAdministratorDlg::CheckSystemHeartbeat(LPVOID param) { HANDLE hOnTimer, hPollTimer, hResponseTimer,hTriggerResponseTimer; HANDLE harray[4]; CString strReceivedString; short siResponseRequests = 0; LARGE_INTEGER liTime = {0}; bool bSystemHealthy = false; bool bThreadRunning = true; // Create Events hShu...

Define name box size too small for viewing large formulas
Hi, When we create a new name using insert and define name then if the formula is long it becomes difficult to view the whole formula. Also one is not able to use navigation buttons left,right here as if we do that then the formula gets modified. is there any way to see the whole formula. Like for creating ever expanding validation list using Debra's technique one uses offset etc but one is not able to view the whole big formula. Please guide me. Regards, Hari India Hi try hitting F2 while in this text box. After this you should be able to navigate within this box. -- Regards Frank ...

Type mismatch in 2007 but not in 2003 version
I have the following code in a vba code attached to a form: Dim rst As Recordset Dim dbs As Database Dim whatif As String Set dbs = CurrentDb whatif = "select * from PersonalDNC where HomePhone = '" & ThisPhone & "'" Set rst = dbs.OpenRecordset(whatif) When I run this 2003 mdb in access 2007 this works. When I convert this to a 2007 database and then run it, I get a "Type Mismatch" error. would I need to put [ ] around HomePhone. PersonalDNC is a linked table that points to a 2003 mdb. Would I need to conve...

Outlook Name Suggestion Issue
I am working on a strange issue with name suggestion in Outlook 2k3 version. For some users when I type the alias for the first time it resolved the name. The next time I try to type few characters for the same user. it suggests me with the complete name but this time in the brackets <> the alias would be some starnge name with some numbers. This strange alias number does not existing in our organization nor the number that appears along with it appears in the User AD properties. Examples: First time I type the alias as: "nnair" and press Ctrl + K = It resolves...

open excel file
i have problem with a excel file. the file is not to big. its has 5 tabs only. and when i click on to one of the "tabs" the excel gives me a error message as "not reponding". and this happens with this particular tab only. any help "Rohit" wrote: > i have problem with a excel file. the file is not to big. its has 5 tabs > only. and when i click on to one of the "tabs" the excel gives me a error > message as "not reponding". and this happens with this particular tab only. > > any help Try looking at thi...

Excel Formulas #11
I would like to create a sumation formula that will pull in different values depending upon what I need. For example, I want to add values in column A, however sometimes I want to go through row 10 and the next time through row 20. So I want to create a formula that will give the value depending on the the row number I type in. For example if I type in 15 then I will get a sum of variables in column A of rows 1 through 15. If I type in 20 then I will get a sum of variables in rows 1 through 20. How do I create such a formula? Any help would be much appreciated. -- ag_banker_kansas You ca...

Excel Slooooow. It takes 4 to 6 seconds to perform each input or command
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have just installed Excel 2008 on a new installation of Snow Leopard and it does not work properly. It takes ages to register every input or command, like a large Lag. <br><br>EG. each figure or text, input into cells takes 4 seconds from hitting enter to accepting the input. Changing the width of a column takes 6 seconds from letting go of the mouse after dragging to the new width. etc etc. <br><br>I have checked for updates. Any ideas? > I have just installed Excel 2008 on a n...

grey text box
Need help adding the grey box to a document to click and fill basically. Deanna wrote: > Need help adding the grey box to a document to click and fill > basically. See http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=22. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. ...

How to select & display distinct values

In nameing a sheet in Excel it puts a .xls] in front why?
Every time I go to name a sheet it puts an .xls] in front of it and I do not know why Did you try to put brackets around the name? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "EZE" <EZE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C9045E70-AD04-4C91-B223-8851A0DFE55D@microsoft.com... > Every time I go to name a sheet it puts an .xls] in front of it and I do not > know why Remove the bracket or other illegal character(s) from the workbook name. In article <C9045E70-AD04-4C91-B223-8851A0DFE55D@microsoft.com>, EZE <EZE@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Display Time in Outlook

does anyone here actually use names?
hi, i am self learning about excel. i have came across NAMES topic. does anyone here actually use names? when r they usefull? i dont reall see a real need for them, especially in formulas. the only time i use name is for when i name a large block of data, so dont have to re-select the cells all the time. cheer -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com There are lot's of uses for named range and named constants etc. See the 2 links below http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/DynamicRanges.htm http://www.ozgrid.com/News/excel-named-ranges.htm#ExcelTips Posted via: http://www.ozgrid....

Money 2007 -- QIF import
Good Evening! After a little trial and error, I am able to import account transactions from another system (not a bank statement, my actual register transactions) with little trouble except for the date format. (Before someone gets mad at me, I really don't think this has anything to do with my regional settings!) As recommended by an MVP from this forum, I open my CSV file with excel, then use a converter (add-in) called XL2QIF to create a qif output file. The actual "data" in a date field in my original csv file is "060106" (mm/dd/yy) which is June 1, 2006,...

Import Project with Actuals to Project Server 2007
I have saved a local copy of the project that has actual work from our Project Server 2003 environment. I am executing the Import Wizard in Project Server 2007. When I save or publish the plan, I receive a message box status the actual work is out of sync with the actual work updated from the timesheets. The server is configured to allow user to enter their updates via My Tasks with unmanaged time periods. I can get more specifics from our Admin is needed. How do you take a local copy of a project with actuals and import the project along with the actuals into the Projec...