How to delete chart

I created a histogram and want to delete it. I select it and the faint double
border apperars. There are no square handles like in 2003. Then I press the
Delete key. The faint double border goes away replaced by a single thin black
border. The chart is still there and is not able to be selected at all.

I entered "delete chart" in the Excel Help window, and there was nothing at
all on deleting a chart. Ditto for "remove chart." I got no help searching on
the internet either.

I have Excel 2007 and Windows XP Professional
0
NonTechie (13)

When the border changes, can you press Delete again? In other words,
select the chart and press Delete twice quickly.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://peltiertech.com/

NonTechie wrote:
> I created a histogram and want to delete it. I select it and the faint double
> border apperars. There are no square handles like in 2003. Then I press the
> Delete key. The faint double border goes away replaced by a single thin black
> border. The chart is still there and is not able to be selected at all.
>
> I entered "delete chart" in the Excel Help window, and there was nothing at
> all on deleting a chart. Ditto for "remove chart." I got no help searching on
> the internet either.
>
> I have Excel 2007 and Windows XP Professional
0
jonNO1 (306)
9/23/2009 5:14:16 PM
No, pressing delete twice quickly doesn't work. After I press the first
delete, the chart is not able to be selected for anything.

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

> When the border changes, can you press Delete again? In other words,
> select the chart and press Delete twice quickly.
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier
> Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
> http://peltiertech.com/
>

> NonTechie wrote:
> > I created a histogram and want to delete it. I select it and the faint double
> > border apperars. There are no square handles like in 2003. Then I press the
> > Delete key. The faint double border goes away replaced by a single thin black
> > border. The chart is still there and is not able to be selected at all.
> >
> > I entered "delete chart" in the Excel Help window, and there was nothing at
> > all on deleting a chart. Ditto for "remove chart." I got no help searching on
> > the internet either.
> >
> > I have Excel 2007 and Windows XP Professional

0
NonTechie (13)
9/23/2009 5:40:03 PM
ALSO, I am able to delete charts created through the Charts tab, such as
column, pie, and X Y (Scatter). The chart I am unable to delete is the chart
created through the Histogram function (Data > Data Analysis > Histogram and
check Chart Output).

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

> When the border changes, can you press Delete again? In other words,
> select the chart and press Delete twice quickly.
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier
> Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
> http://peltiertech.com/
>

> NonTechie wrote:
> > I created a histogram and want to delete it. I select it and the faint double
> > border apperars. There are no square handles like in 2003. Then I press the
> > Delete key. The faint double border goes away replaced by a single thin black
> > border. The chart is still there and is not able to be selected at all.
> >
> > I entered "delete chart" in the Excel Help window, and there was nothing at
> > all on deleting a chart. Ditto for "remove chart." I got no help searching on
> > the internet either.
> >
> > I have Excel 2007 and Windows XP Professional

0
NonTechie (13)
9/23/2009 5:55:03 PM
NonTechie  -

Excel 2007 SP2 ?

Office Button | Excel Options | Resources | About ...

-  Mike
http://www.MikeMiddleton.com

"NonTechie" <NonTechie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I created a histogram and want to delete it. I select it and the faint
>double
> border apperars. There are no square handles like in 2003. Then I press
> the
> Delete key. The faint double border goes away replaced by a single thin
> black
> border. The chart is still there and is not able to be selected at all.
>
> I entered "delete chart" in the Excel Help window, and there was nothing
> at
> all on deleting a chart. Ditto for "remove chart." I got no help searching
> on
> the internet either.
>
> I have Excel 2007 and Windows XP Professional

0
Mike9595 (20)
9/23/2009 6:31:55 PM
I have Microsoft Office Excel 2007 (12.0.4518.1014)  MSO (12.0.6013.5000)

"Mike Middleton" wrote:

> NonTechie  -
>
> Excel 2007 SP2 ?
>
> Office Button | Excel Options | Resources | About ...
>
> -  Mike
> http://www.MikeMiddleton.com
>

> "NonTechie" <NonTechie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I created a histogram and want to delete it. I select it and the faint
> >double
> > border apperars. There are no square handles like in 2003. Then I press
> > the
> > Delete key. The faint double border goes away replaced by a single thin
> > black
> > border. The chart is still there and is not able to be selected at all.
> >
> > I entered "delete chart" in the Excel Help window, and there was nothing
> > at
> > all on deleting a chart. Ditto for "remove chart." I got no help searching
> > on
> > the internet either.
> >
> > I have Excel 2007 and Windows XP Professional

0
NonTechie (13)
9/23/2009 7:30:04 PM
NonTechie  -

So, you don't have two service packs, SP1 and SP2. I suggest it's time to
get updates:

Office Button | Excel Options | Resources | Check for Updates

>I have Microsoft Office Excel 2007 (12.0.4518.1014)  MSO (12.0.6013.5000)
>
> "Mike Middleton" wrote:
>
>> NonTechie  -
>>
>> Excel 2007 SP2 ?
>>
>> Office Button | Excel Options | Resources | About ...
>>
>> -  Mike
>> http://www.MikeMiddleton.com
>>

>> "NonTechie" <NonTechie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I created a histogram and want to delete it. I select it and the faint
>> >double
>> > border apperars. There are no square handles like in 2003. Then I press
>> > the
>> > Delete key. The faint double border goes away replaced by a single thin
>> > black
>> > border. The chart is still there and is not able to be selected at all.
>> >
>> > I entered "delete chart" in the Excel Help window, and there was
>> > nothing
>> > at
>> > all on deleting a chart. Ditto for "remove chart." I got no help
>> > searching
>> > on
>> > the internet either.
>> >
>> > I have Excel 2007 and Windows XP Professional

0
Mike9595 (20)
9/23/2009 11:25:31 PM
Thanks, Mike. It works now. I now have Microsoft Office Excel 2007
(12.0.6425.1000) SP2 MSO (12.0.6425.1000). This Thinkpad T400 computer and
preloaded software is only a week old. Evidently they didn't install the
latest updates. And besides I thought my automatic MS updates would have
taken care of it, but obviously either it didn't or I set it up wrong.

So things are working fine for now. Thanks again.

"Mike Middleton" wrote:

> NonTechie  -
>
> So, you don't have two service packs, SP1 and SP2. I suggest it's time to
> get updates:
>
> Office Button | Excel Options | Resources | Check for Updates
>
> -  Mike
> http://www.MikeMiddleton.com
>

> "NonTechie" <NonTechie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have Microsoft Office Excel 2007 (12.0.4518.1014)  MSO (12.0.6013.5000)
> >
> > "Mike Middleton" wrote:
> >
> >> NonTechie  -
> >>
> >> Excel 2007 SP2 ?
> >>
> >> Office Button | Excel Options | Resources | About ...
> >>
> >> -  Mike
> >> http://www.MikeMiddleton.com
> >>

> >> "NonTechie" <NonTechie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
NonTechie (13)

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

Cannot delete subreport

Rule for Deleted Items

Delete macros

pie chart legend text
My pie chart has 10 data values (e.g. 10 sectors). The legend shows a little box with the color that coordinates with each sector and they are automatically numbered 1 thru 10. I have the data in a column and the respective text in an adjacent column. I want the legend text to come from the spreadsheet. Right now, I get numbers 1 thru 10 next to the little box and I cannot seem to change the text. Maybe I have the data set up wrong? Should it be something other than columns? Tnx in advance for any help Brian becoon@twcny.rr.com Brian - A little work up front saves trouble lat...

OK to delete Deleted Items folder?

How to delete chart

Delete blank Last page

Picture > Organization chart
I tried to use the Organization Chart and it tell's me that Excel can't open the application. That the feature is not currently installed. I tried to install and it gives me an error message that the feature is on an unavailable network, try \\Anchor-bdc2\backup\office2000\DATA1.MSI Installer error 1603 Sounds like the IT person installed from a network that needed a password. Without the password, you can't connect. You have to get them back to install the entire package, not just the few bits they think you need. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Tech...

Deleting an email

Flow Chart
I'd like to creat a flow chart in Excel 2007 but not having much luck Can anyone help please Thank you If you (or your employee) have the $s then forget Excel and get Visio (a less well know member of the MS Office suite) best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Nicola" <Nicola@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1485B3B4-B5A7-4595-A616-3BA06989A37D@microsoft.com... > I'd like to creat a flow chart in Excel 2007 but not having much luck > > Can anyone help please > > T...

#Deleted

Can I delete this from ADSI?
Hi all, I am upgrating Exchange 2K to Exchange 2K3 and removed the Mobile information Server (which we never used it). But, I can see the CN=Microsoft-Mobile-Information-Server under configuration -->Services from ADSIedit. Can I safely delete this? or If I do not delete this, wii it have any issue with exchange 2003 mobile? Thanks! Exchange Server 2003 mobility features do not rely on that. Saving a LDIF dump may be a good idea before you delete - this provides ability to recreate the object if required. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.e...

outlook deletes inbox mail
On about three occaisions, my computer has restarted itself while Outlook Express, and sometimes other applications have been open, without my prompting it to do so. Upon rebooting, my Outlook inbox messages are completely wiped out, however, my sent folders and deleted messages, address book, ect. remain the same, and with no data lost. Can someone tell me what has happened, or perhaps how I can recover these lost emails? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, C.C. Outlook or Outlook Express? If Outlook Express and you search your drive (use advanced option for hidden f...

Can I recover deleted archived .pst files?
I accidently deleted all of my archived folders, now I need to recover them, is there any way? I had hundreds of e-mails saved that of course I need. Sue State your Outlook version and information store. State how you deleted the files. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "royalpei" <royalpei@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B8236C3C-C139-4B03-B2ED-5B135DE9DCC1@microsoft.com... >I accidently deleted all of my archived folders, now I need to recover >them, > is there any way? I had hundreds of e-mails saved that of course I need. > > Sue &q...

Permanently delete only mail from Blocked Senders?
Outlook 2003 Is it possible to configure Junk Email Options to do the following? - Permanently delete mail from Blocked Senders (without sending it to the Junk Email Folder)? - And have suspected junk email from as-yet-unblocked senders sent to the Junk Email Folder (to allow me to determine whether I want to block that sender)? It appears that the "Permanently delete suspected junk email instead of moving it to the Junk Email Folder" checkbox (Junk Email Options > Options tab) would delete suspected junk email from as-yet-unblocked senders -- some of which you might want to re...

To delete or not to delete
....and that is the question. I was presented with a rather interesting problem this morning. I wanted to manipulate the main menu in my SDI application...simple problem, simple solution: CMenu *pMenu = GetMenu(); // do whatever I need to do with the menu... Now here is the stumper of it all...what do I do with pMenu now? At first I thought that I should call delete on it, however after much thought and many questions later I realized that you should in fact NOT delete pMenu. Here's why: Since pMenu was not explicitly created by you, you do not own it. You are simply creating a point...

Placement of a chart
I've got code to add a chart to my worksheet (below). Range("A1:A10").Select Charts.Add ActiveChart.ChartType = xl3DColumnClustered ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Sheets("Results").Range("A1:A10"), PlotBy:= _ xlRows ActiveChart.Location Where:=xlLocationAsObject, Name:="Test" Now if I want to move that chart, I can use the following code. ActiveSheet.Shapes("Chart 1").IncrementLeft -63# ActiveSheet.Shapes("Chart 1").IncrementTop -153# Is there a way I can specify exactly where I want the...

break a slice up in my pie chart into sub-catagories
I need to have a sub-catagories (details) for each main slice of pie. Is there a way of doing that in excel? Hi, These may help you out. http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=471 http://www.andypope.info/charts/pies.htm Cheers Andy aliann wrote: > I need to have a sub-catagories (details) for each main slice of pie. Is > there a way of doing that in excel? > -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...