how to create a multiple-color trendline in excel?

If I have a graph with multiple trendlines, and I want to have a certain
trendline in a different color from a certain point, how do I do it without
changing the color of the entire trendline?
0
zibel_boy (1)

I don't think you can directly, since the trendline is a single object,
so you cannot format just a segment of it.

You could fake it by getting the coefficients of the trendline (if from
the chart, be sure to display in scientific notation with 14 decimal
places to avoid rounding) then remove the trendline from the chart
(because it will always appear on top of everything else) and manually
replot the trendline from cells as two different series divided at your
desired breakpoint.

Jerry

zibel_boy wrote:

> If I have a graph with multiple trendlines, and I want to have a certain
> trendline in a different color from a certain point, how do I do it without
> changing the color of the entire trendline?

0
post_a_reply (1395)

create a roster

How to stop "Undo" across multiple spreadsheets
When I am working between multiple separate worksheets, Undo will work backwards across all of the worsheets that I have open. How do I get the Undo function to work only on the worksheet that I am currently on? ...

A self Instruction Book On Excel 2003
I am trying to find a text book on excel 2003 that will show me how to use Excel and give me the data to put into the spread sheet. Some of the features I am looking for are, Amortization, Creating Macros and The function and Chart Wizard. If you could please include an ISBN# to locate the text to get me started on Excel 2003. John List of books at Debra Dalgleish's site. Some have CD's attached http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlbooks.html Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 2 Oct 2007 12:57:23 -0700, John <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to find ...

Task Create - Status

footer in excel #2
What is the easiest way to make a footer in excel that will print ON EVERY PAGE? EXCEL 2000 Page Setup Header/Footer Put your entry in Footer "LED1" <LED1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D226F524-7267-48D9-98AE-A1C768B6921E@microsoft.com... : What is the easiest way to make a footer in excel that will print ON EVERY : PAGE? EXCEL 2000 ...

Splitting one table into multiple tables/tabs
Hi I was wondering if anyone can help me split a table into multiple tables or tabs. If I have a table of 20 customers with various transactions over time all in one table. I'd like to know if it's possible to seperate the table into multiple tables based on the change in customer number and have them broken into multiple tabs without manually creating each tab and then cut and pasting. I really appreciate any help! Thanks! ...

ALT-TAB not working with excel 2000
My problem is, as in the subject, that pressing ALT-TAB to switch among the files opened in Excel 2000 doesn't work anymore. I tried to re-install withouth success. I can only use CTRL-TAB because you haven't multiple sessions running (as usual in Excel 2000) but only one task of Excel. So, it's impossible to use ALT-TAB. Unfortunately, CTRL-TAB isn't useful as ALT-TAB because you can't switch from the current worksheet and the last used but you have to pass cyclicly through the files opened... It seems to be related to the fact that the same worksheets had been opened...

Create external database

Excel Function Problem
Hi, Please consider me an excel newbie! I am trying to find out how to write a function that checks a 7 digit numerical string entered into cell i.e. 7030000 against 50 possible strings. (Im guessing this is a multiple IF statement thing). Once the condition is true it then takes the value from cell J7, adds it to the value in cell D7. The end result being that D7 now contains a value equal to its original value + J7. Any help given would be appreciatted Many Thanks --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You might look at the SumIF function. It will add values together if...

How to create pie chart with %

excel with another reporting tool?
hi, I have only worked on vba macros where my input and output is both excel. Using macros most of the time it crashes and the end-user is then not comfortable with it. I wanted to go for a better solution. Not sure how go to about it. I was thinking of generating crystal reports. If i use crystal reports how is the format generated. I wanted to its feasibility study. Anyone who has done some work on this please go suggest. Will the end user have the authority to still edit the report. WIll it contain the formulas as we fianlly see in the excel. Please provide any infomartion that...

when form created

Can't open excel documents
When I try to open an excel doc is 'stalls' ... getting stuck on 'virus scan' dialouge at the bottom of the sheet. I can open excel w/o a file and save one, but when I try opening an existing one, Excel simply won't do it and I eventually have to contl.alt.del. it in order to continue. Any ideas? ...

Creating a Brochure

excel should make it easier to have a 1 to 1 plot area in chart
Sometimes I would like the plot area to have a 1 to 1 ratio, so each little square of the gridlines are a square. ie, the y- axis could be 10, the x- axis could be 10, so the plot area would be square, or the y- axis could go from -10 to 10, with the same x- axis, so the plot area would have twice the y- axis than the x- axis. I think the way microsoft has this place worded is misleading, cause it says "Post your suggestion." I don't mean to put anyone off. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most ...

need opposite of MODE function in Excel
How do I find the number that occurs LEAST frequently in a range of numbers? This is the exact opposite of the MODE function, which finds the most common occurrence. For example, a column of numbers contains; 2 4 5 2 4 2 MODE will return "2" as the most commonj occurrence. I want to know that "5" is the least common occurence. Obviously, my column contains many more numbers so it's not easily to simply visualize and count them. Is there a way to do this in Excel? Thanks. Hi Kevin, You can do that with the Frequency function. data freq bins 2 0 1 ...

Excel's Calculating Sequence
If I have a block of formulae , say, in A1:E10 and hit F9 is thare any particular sequence that the recalc is done ? e.g. by rows first and then columns etc. TIA Bill From the Help file: When are existing formulas recalculated? Excel recalculates those cells that are dependent on other cells that contain changed values. This type of calculation helps to avoid unnecessary calculations. Excel also calculates workbooks each time they are opened. Background calculation As calculation proceeds, you can choose commands or perform actions such as entering numbers or formulas. Excel tempor...

How to create Access macro shortcut

Multiple tables output to multiple sheets in single excel workbook
Hi all, Been a while since I've done any access dev, and I can't for the life of me remember how to do this. I have 3 tables I need to export to Excel, preferably in one workbook as separate sheets. Using OutputTo simply overwrite the file, and I seem to recall using transfertext to accomplish this, but it says the file is read-only after the first table is output. Do I need to create an export spec? If so, how do I go about this? Or is this simply not going to happen without using the Office library reference and all that jazz? TIA, SusanV Thanks Tom - I'll give it a ...