How to auto format Area Chart Data Label?

Hello,

I have an area chart with several labels data point, where the row is the
type 939, 949, 969, 999 and Extra, column are date 01/09, 02/09.... and the
data value in number of hours.

             Date
Type      01/09          02/09            03/09
939        12.5            60.5              52.0
949        25.5            12.5              12.0
969
979        56.5            60.5              52.0
999
Extra      5.0              2.3                1.1

Depend on the machine number selected, it might have all type 939,etc.. then
sometime just return 939 and 999 only. How do I auto format the data label so
if any type have no data, then don't show the data label?

It does kind of work if uncheck the option of "Show items with no data", but
the problem is 939 has to be blue, 949 green, 969 yellow, 999 orange and
Extra is gray.
Is there a way to write a macro so it will format the right color based on
the type. Thanks
0
Cam (18)

Auto Filter problem

Formatting Text in Network Diagram View
The text in the boxes of my Network Diagram view is cut off. I can't find a way to make the boxes larger or the font smaller. Does anybody know how to display a task's full text in a Network Diagram box? Thanks! Hi, Right Click, select Box Styles Click More Templates Select New Use Cell Layout to change cell width and Font to find a smaller one You cannot select 6 but when you type it it is accepted. HTH -- Jan De Messemaeker Microsoft Project Most Valuable Professional +32 495 300 620 For availability check: http://users.online.be/prom-ade/Calendar.pdf ...

difficulty with conditional formatting
I have a spreadsheet that gets updated monthly and looks like the example below Jan Feb march April May June 21,000 23,500 22,224 22111 20,111 25,000 I've asked this question before and have gotten great tips but each month when refesh the pivot table it looses all the conditional formatting and I start over again. How do I get the pivot table to keep it's formatting when refresehd? The conditional formatting needed is if #'s go down for three consecutive months in a row they are highlighted in red. I need the first...

Calculation of weather data help
Hi, I have a data file (at http://www.weatherweb.net/cliall.dat) which contains daily weather data from 1881 in the format: dd,mm,yy,max temp,min temp, rainfall, sunshine, wind speed, wind gust, pressure What I would like to do is to calculate means for max, min, wind speed, wind gust and pressure, and also total rainfall and sunshine for each month. I would like the output in the format: mm,yy,mean meax, mean min, total rain, total sunshine, mean wind, mean wind gust, mean pressure Can anyone give any assistance as to how I might do this in excel to create a sngle file contain all th...

how do I format text as strikethrough in Publisher 2003?
I am copying over text from a WordPerfect document into Microsoft Publisher 2003. Text that has been formatted as "Strikethrough" in the WordPerfect document comes over as plain text with no strikethrough. I have even tried to just import the document which it looks like it does fairly well at, except that all text formatted as strikethrough is imported as plain text. I can possibly believe that Publisher does not have any way to format text in this way, but I have looked everywhere and cannot figure out how to format the text in this way. Can anyone help? You will have to ...

How to copy specific columns until end of data
I'm trying to import data from 2 workbooks into a summary (combination) workbook. The trouble I'm having, is I want to import only certain columns and have excel know to stop at the last row with data. For example, from Workbook1 I want to import columns A, B, C, F, and G (from Sheet2). I want it to copy up to the last row containing any data--right now that's row 1046, but next month it could be row 1267. In workbook2 I'm fine with it copying the CurrentRegion--all columns are important. BUT, it doesn't include the title/category heads in the first row (Salesperson, ...

showing data values on chart
in excel when mouse stand on chart,excel is showing the data values of that point.how can to do this action in access? Exactly the same. When you hover the mouse over a data point for a little amount of time, a yellow bow should come up describing what's in your data point. -- Regards, Steve "afshin" wrote: > in excel when mouse stand on chart,excel is showing the data values of that > point.how can to do this action in access? Where you insert chart?i insert chart on report,and i can't to see data value on data point. "Steve"...

Not plot zero on line chart without using NA?
Is there any way to have a line chart ignore the zeros other than manipulate the formula to show NA? If there were, would we settle for using NA()? We've been asking for something better for several versions of Excel. There are two options: use NA() in the formula, or delete the formula altogether. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ Homer wrote: > Is there any way to have a line chart ignore the zeros other than manipulate > the formula to show NA? > > That's what I thought, but I figured I'd take a shot at ...

Auto-Editing

Exporting Excel Charts in Separate Tabs
I have an excel file with different charts on each tab. The Excel file has at least 20 tabs and I would like to export them into Word as a separate sheet per tab for a reference guide. Is there a way to export from excel without having to cut and paste each tab? I am using MS Office 2003. ...

Auto-Calculate

Date Format turn to Year
Hi, I tried to convert the date to YEAR and then the year plus 25 Years later. =Year(A1) I'm getting the result 1900 instead of 1965. I tried to add 25 years later to 1990 from 1965. Your help would be much apprecated. Thanks What's in A1? Are you sure it's a real date? "learning_codes@hotmail.com" wrote: > > Hi, > > I tried to convert the date to YEAR and then the year plus 25 Years > later. > > =Year(A1) I'm getting the result 1900 instead of 1965. > > I tried to add 25 years later to 1990 from 1965. > > Your ...

Chart Automatically Updating
I have set up a chart that automatically updates as new data is entered into the spreadsheet. The problem is....I would like to copy this worksheet so that there are 9 different worksheets (of this same set-up only with different names) in the same workbook. What is the correct way for me to make copies of worksheet, so that my chart in each worksheet still automatically updates based off of what is entered in that worksheet? The directions I used for setting up my original worksheet is located at http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/DynamicCharts.html Maybe this only works for on...

How can I hide tasks in a Gantt chart?
I only want to hide certain tasks - not all tasks at a given level On Thu, 28 May 2009 02:06:06 -0700, lberry <lberry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I only want to hide certain tasks - not all tasks at a given level Create a new layer called "Hidden" Open the drawing explorer window and go through all the shapes to find the ones for the appropriate task and assign these shapes to the hidden layen and remove them from the Gantt layer. Now make the Hidden layer non-visible. -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. Electronics for Visio http://www.electronics.sandr...

auto copy self

Zebra 2844 printer installed, just printing the label code instruc
Hi Folks, I just installed the lp2844 and I am just testing it with the default zebra.lbl. Although I will use 2" instead of 4 inch I just wanted to test. The printer is printing out the actual text of the zebra.lbl instead of processing the instructions. Now I did a default install of the printer and am using the windows driver. Is this the mistake? Thanks Kevin Hi Kevin - my understanding is the zebra.lbl template uses a generic text printer driver, not the windows driver - try testing the avery templates, these should work fine on windows drivers if that's what you...

Lost Format Painter in Outlook 2003
I have been everywhere, and the Format Painter toolbar which was there in Outlook, is gone. I've checked and clicked everything I can find for 2 days. Can anyone give me specific directions ? My version of Outlook, when I click about MS Outlook, shows SP1. My laptop is my only computer, and it is brand new, and uses WinXP. I've put in this question to help at the upper right of the Outlook screen in 10 different ways, and it simply doesn't have an answer to this question. I've been through this in the past, and someone else fixed it, so I do not know how to do it...

Auto correct or Auto complete

Extracting data from workbooks. Help.
hello I have a situation where there are several workbooks, of variable name, contained within a folder on my hard drive. I have a master workbook in a folder higher up the same directory tree that I want to use to gather information from the other workbooks of variable names. The cell, A1, that I am interested in is on sheet "OnCall" in each of the workbooks of variable name. Is there any way that I can open the master workbook and then automatically extract the data from cell A1 in each of the other variable name workbooks? I hope that as clearer than mud? hopefully Tom Here&...

OWA auto login

Test number of decimal places in Currency format
How can I interrogate the system (Windows, I guess) to find out how many decimal places are specified in its Currency format? Alternatively, how can I test a number that's been entered to ensure that the user did not enter more decimal places than the Windows currency format permits (Access will store what's entered, but I want to reject what's been entered if it's not according to the Regional settings). Bob Randy Birch has code to give you details about the defined Locale Currency information at http://vbnet.mvps.org/code/locale/localecurrency.htm Note, though, th...

Turning off formatting when tracking changes
When we are tracking changes, then save the document, and open it later, the formatting shows up on the right side of the page. When I click on the Review tab and unclick the arrow beside Formatting under show Mark-up, it goes away. Then I save, and every time I open it, it's back again. I only want to track the changes in the document, not the formatting itself, but it seems as if this is a default and I can NOT get it to go away....I don't want to accept the changes until appropriate folks have reviewed it, but when I send them the document, they all complain about t...

question about data from excel to work
I am trying to take input from an excel sheet and mailmerge it to word....the thing is I want to make it so from here on out ..if I change something in the excel sheet it automatically updates on word as well..if not a mail merger what can I use ? -- Pooja Kamdar Hi Pooja Kamdar, You can link the Word document to the Excel workbook, so that any changes in the Excel workbook will be reflected in the Word document. To do this: 1. copy the source range in the Excel workbook 2. in the Word document, use Edit|Paste Special > Paste Link and choose the paste format you wan...