How to add a vertical line to a Line Chart that aleady has 2 Y axi

I want to add a vertical line to a chart to call out a specific date.  I have
two lines and am using 2 Y axis due to the difference in values of the two
data series.  For a given X value I want a vertical line to appear on the
chart to make it clear that data to the right of the line is AFTER a certain
thing was done.  How do I do this?
0
ISUTUBBS (4)

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

ISUTUBBS wrote:
> I want to add a vertical line to a chart to call out a specific date.  I have
> two lines and am using 2 Y axis due to the difference in values of the two
> data series.  For a given X value I want a vertical line to appear on the
> chart to make it clear that data to the right of the line is AFTER a certain
> thing was done.  How do I do this?

getdlgitemtext #2
Hi, I meke code from example behind, and not working corectly, buffor "String1" they are no my text in IDC_EDIT1 it is a somthing wrong this bufor, may please send me good idea. void CDialogPASS::OnBnClickedButtonDp2() { CString String1; GetDlgItemText(IDC_EDIT1, String1); } mike 1010 Is IDC_EDIT1 an actual control? I've seen this fail when the control ID changes due to editing of the dialog. joe On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 17:44:33 +0200, "1010" <mig1010@wp.pl> wrote: >Hi, > >I meke code from example behind, and not working >corectly,...

missing buttons #2
I just installed the new Office 2003 edtion. I went into e-mails and my send button and now my paper clip button are missing. I've checked in where you can add buttons but they're not in their either. What can I do to find them. Are you using Word as your e-mail editor? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:4E889BAD-E127-4AF8-BC98-7AB117D0B90B@microsoft.com, Sharon wrote: > I just installed the new Office 2003 edtion. I went into e-mail...

forwarding in Exchange 2003 #2

2 Questions
Hi I run Win 2K with Excel 2K Question 1 I have some VB code in the "Sheet 1" module of my excel file. The code is as follows: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) If Target.Column <> 12 Then Exit Sub On Error GoTo ErrHandler Application.EnableEvents = False Target.Formula = UCase(Target.Formula) ErrHandler: Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub I would like this code to run automatically whenever the file is opened. (I am assuming that this would remove the enable/disable dialog box option when opening the file) Can someone tell ...

Disaster Recovery for CRM 1.2
Does anyone have any documentation on the steps to backing up CRM 1.2? We want to make sure we are backing CRM 1.2 up correctly if the server should go down. We were unable to find any documentation on Microsofts website for a step by step backup solution. Right now we are just backing the CRM databases using the scheduler in SQL; is this ALL that is required and if so do we backup ALL of the databases or just certain ones? The owners of the company want to make sure we can restore ALL of the data if needed. -- Thank You, Troy Hi Troy Microsoft have included details of backing...

Multiple Outlook #2
I imported an Outlook 2000 pst file into Outlook 2003. Now when I open Outlook my Personal Folders appears 4 times in the left hand "All Mail Folders" When I close Outlook it gives me an error and msvbvm60.dll is mentioned. Any help on how to correct this issue would be greatly appreciated. Mick ...

queue stuck #2
HI... i ahve exchange 2003 and i am facing problem that i am getting lot junk email and all messagess are stuck in queue ..after that my server hang so i need to restart server and clear the queue before restart it does't allow me to clear the queue ... pls help me .. tejal ...

Trouble sending emails #2

display name #2
hi i have this problem: when i send a mail massage from an application by exchange 2003, in outlook i see the e-mail address (xx@mydomain .com) and not display name (Customer Care) how can i resolve it? Thanks An application should allow you to specify display name for sender. Does it send via SMTP or MAPI? Matrix_pd wrote: > hi > i have this problem: when i send a mail massage from an application by > exchange 2003, in outlook i see the e-mail address (xx@mydomain .com) and > not display name (Customer Care) > > how can i resolve it? > > Thanks -- Please re...

double lookup #2
In Excel2000, I need help with the following formula: my data is arranged like this ( I can rearrange if needed).. joe pete sue rating 30 10 5 A 20 5 3 B 10 2 1 C I then have values for joe, pete, sue. I want to look up the name and then give me the rating. The numbers may not be exact. For example, I want the output to look like this ( with the formula looking up the rating) name amount rating (formula needed) joe 11 C pete 7 B sue 1 C Can someone please help me with the formula to fi...

Inserting charts into many workbooks
Hi, I'm using Excel 2007 and am pretty new to VBA. I have a folder with 40 or so workbooks- all with the same worksheet table format. The worksheets are huge (20 000 + rows, 50 or so columns). I need to open a workbook, make several fully formatted graphs, then insert the same graphs into every workbook , updated them with that workbooks' data. Any ideas on code for this? This isn't fully automated, but it will save some time. In one workbook, create the chart and format it to your specs. Then paste the chart into another workbook, and use the utility linked to i...

chart line style problem
I am making a scatter chart (with lines) in Excel 2007 under Vista. I can select a line style, for example, long dashes. However, if I try to change the axis (change from "automatic" to "fixed" on the horizontal axis), the line on the chart immediately becomes solid again. The legend still shows the proper dashing. I can get the dashing partly back by making the line thinner, but only where the variation is fastest - regions where the derivative is near zero are still solid even for thin lines. I'll appreciate any help! frank I was not able to reproduce this. Can you...

Setting series values on Excel Chart

Attachment Size #2
Hi ! Is it possible to block the adding of attachments in an=20 outlook client ? Or block the adding for attachments that=20 are bigger than 2 MB for example ? Can i get an error=20 Message or something ? (I think about an GPO or Registry=20 change or something else....) I have Users around here with Pop3 Outlook 2000 and=20 Outlook 2003 Clients. The Problem is that some of them are=20 trying to send Mails with Attachments with 300 (three=20 hundred!!) MB or something else like that.... Because they=20 don=B4t look an the size of their attachments. So the Mail is going through our WAN over ...

Macro to change Chart Range when inserting a column
I have created a workbook to use as a weekly reporting tool for different sites across the country. It contains a "Report" sheet and a "Data" sheet. There are 4 charts embedded into the Report sheet. I have set-up the Data sheet to have the data titles in Column A, a 12-week summary in Column B, and the weekly data begins at Column C. For the 12-week, I used the formulas =sum($C$1:$P$1) and on the Chart series, I used =Data!$C$1:$P$1. I designed the sheet so a center would insert a column at Column C each week for the most recent data. Unfortunately, everytime th...

I get COMException while exporting chart on IIS 6.0.
I have this code that works perfectly on my development machine when I deployed it at customer site it gets exception. Here is the error and my code: thanks error ========== Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC. Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the c...

Covert v. 2000 -> v. 2.0

HELP
We have an application that is used by over 8000 people worldwide. One of our users is just starting to have the following problem: Run-time error '-2147467259(80004005)': Method 'Add' of object 'CommandBarControls' failed I have read that this problem can be caused by trying to open the file in Internet Explorer. The user has told me that she has tried opening MS Excel and then the .xls file and she still gets the same problem when the file is trying to open. She is the only one that has had this problem. Could there be something wrong with her Excel settings or som...

Inconsistent Chart Sizing Into PPT
Can't get charts to paste into PowerPoint with consistent size. To test, I expanded (using the corner handles) two charts to exactly fill the screen. When I copy/paste each chart into an individual slide in PowerPoint, one is noticibally larger than the other. Is there a way to make the charts the same size and paste the same size? I have an article on this in the works, due out in about 24 months, the rate I'm going. A. Use embedded charts, and use Copy Picture (hold shift while selecting Edit menu, os Copy turns to Copy Picture) with On Screen and As Picture options. B. ...

Charting dynamic range
Ok let me say i fully understand how to name a range and in the source data use the formula =sheetname!rangename Problem arrises when my macro that runs an advanced filter with the source data and add data to the bottom of the range the chart reverts back to it's initial data source =sheet1!$a$4:$b$15 so even though it accept the named range intitailly once the advanced filter runs it almost ommits the named range. I am using 2007 and i never had this problem in 2003. What suggestions do you have for me? Thank you!!!!! -- Thank you, Jennifer ...