How do you keep charts - graphs the same size?

When copying a chart or graph, it doesn't keep the size of the original chart
or graph (length/height). How can I keep all of the charts-graphs the same
size when copying?

Outlook keeps prompting for logon..
User is on Outlook 2k3, latest service packs, updates, etc. Mailbox lives on Exchange 2007 (SP1). Everytime the user starts Outlook they're prompted to logon. I've disabled the logon prompt at startup option (and enabled it and then disabled it again), but it's still happening. I've tried it with cached mode on and cached mode off. I've tried it with offline mode enabled and disabled. I've tried deleting his profile and recreating it. I've tried switching to an RPC/HTTPS connection. Finally, i completely uninstalled Outlook 2k3 and installed Outlook 2k7. Not...

How do I bridge the gaps in data in (XL 2007) Area Chart
XL 2007 doesn't have the TOOLS-Options-Interpolate menu and choices. This goes for a line chart as well. Thx Click the chart to activate it In the Design tab of Chart Tools, click Select Data A dialog box opens, look at lower left corner for "Hidden and Empty Cells" button and click it You get three options: gaps, zero and connect. Alternative (works in all version of Excel); in the empty cell type =NA(). It will display as #N/A and will be ignored by the chart engine best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email ...

Can I create a database to merge an organizational chart
Can someone please explain the steps of how to creat a database and then merge it to create an organizational chart? Thanks ...

Help Old addresses keep coming up

Define a development approach to Parse/Load/Search an XML document of size ~1GB
Hi All i have given a problem set in which i need to parse/load/search a xml document of near about 1 GB in dot net. Please help me in this also do not have the luxury to dump the data into a relational database Sandeep *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Sandeep Akhare wrote: > i have given a problem set in which i need to parse/load/search a xml > document of near about 1 GB in dot net. XmlReader (respectively XmlTextReader in .NET 1.x) parses XML of any size in a forwards only pull parsing mode node by node so memory consumption by the reade...

How to create snail trail charts?
Does anybody know how to create snail trail charts in Excel? I found zero information on the subject on the internet using variou search engines -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com By the way, a snail trail chart is a scattered plot that shows th position of the data points progressing with time. For example, the average return and volatility of an investment fun changes over time. By increasing the size of the data points on th chart with respect to time gradually, we'll be able to see the trend o the return/risk charateristics of the fund over time -- Message posted fro...

Keep Lines Together; Keep with Next

How to do this kind of chart in excel?
I wonder if this is possible. I have two gaussians represented by points and joined by a smooth line in excel. however, ideally I want the area under the curves to be shaded, and best of all, if possible, be semi transparent so that the overlap between the two curves is highlighted a bit darker than the area under the individual curves. x values are wavelength, y values are intensity is this possible? t.i.a Lee - Excel doesn't do transparent shading of area charts; otherwise that would be the ideal approach. You can get semitransparent column charts using an autoshape as an area...

why do my pictures keep disappearing?
Although I have checked the box in 'pictures' any form of graphic or word art that I have inserted into my publication keeps disappearing! If I click in the general direction of the insertion the bounding dots appear, but no picture Are you sure you have view, pictures, detailed display checked? If so try updating your graphics driver... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "JG" <JG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57E101AC-A758-400A-9269-3B68B754CA0E@microsoft.com... > Altho...

Selecting lots of charts
How can I delete a lot of charts? Is there any way to select all charts and then deselect the few I don't want to delete? Or is the only option to delete not only the contents but the entire cells (rows, columns,...) that the charts are based in? Peter -- pwermuth ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pwermuth's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24997 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=385432 Assuming that these charts are objects in a worksheet, you could use Select Spec...

create charts using concatenated ratios (e.g. 1:250, 1:325, 1:10)
I've written a formula that produces rations (e.g., 1:250) by concatenting "1:"&(a6*w34). How can I persuade Excel to draw charts of the results? It wants to interpret them all as "1" Thanks for you help. A concatenated cell contains a string. XL can only plot that on a Category axis (x-axis for charts such as Line, Column, Area). It cannot use a string for a y-value. What you may want to do is plot the decimal equivalent and then use the ratio column as a label for the plotted series. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, ...

page size limitations when using two displays
I was about to post a question on this subject when I finally found the answer. I'm posting anyway it because others may be similarly perplexed. I recently added a second digital monitor to my wife's computer. It makes working on big spread sheets much easier. I have had two monitors on my computer for several months. Both run Excel97 under WinXP-pro. The original (first and older) monitor is set up to be viewed at a much lower resolution, 1280 x 768 pixels as compared to the 1680 x 1050 pixels on the new digital display. The video card is a Radeon 9200 Series that has the c...

Exchange Standard 2003 DB sizes
Hi, Our Exchange private DB sizes are approaching 15g and have been informed that it is possible to increase size to up to 75g. Are there any potential issues with doing this? Is it a simple process? What issues should I be aware of before applying this? Is it recomended!!! As long as you have SP2 installed it's a no brainer. Go for it. "Andy Wolsten" wrote: > Hi, > > Our Exchange private DB sizes are approaching 15g and have been informed > that it is possible to increase size to up to 75g. > > Are there any potential issues with doing this? Is it a...

how can I keep a tab in place?
I have workbooks with multiple worksheets. I would like to keep the summary tab in a fixed (first) position so that the user can easily, quickly find it without using the l<, <, >, >l (arrow) tabs. I use hyperlinks to get from the summary tab to the other tabs, and I know I can hyperlink tab back... but I'd rather not use the hyperlinks too much. Tools - Protection - Protect workbook (for structure) Or, create a custom button/macro that navigates to the summary sheet. -- Best Regards, Luke M "missy8892" <missy8892@discussions.microsoft.com>...

need to change size of insert screen to read the name of image
I am trying to insert a picture into a word file, but the name of the image is so long, that I can't read the jpg number on the pictures. How do I change the size of the box that lists the photos I am inserting? Double click the "Title bar" of the "Insert picture" dialog box. flpower wrote: > I am trying to insert a picture into a word file, but the name of the image > is so long, that I can't read the jpg number on the pictures. How do I > change the size of the box that lists the photos I am inserting? ...

Outlook 2003 keeps asking for password for POP3 account
I am running WinXP Pro and Office 2003. My Outlook 2003 keeps popping up intermittently a pop-up box requesting me to re-enter the POP3 account password. Now, there is nothing wrong with the password already entered (check box to save password), so all i am having to do is click OK, but it is really annoying. Does anyone know what i can do to stop Outlook from doing this? Thanks for your help. ...

How to keep userform always on the top of all windows application
Hi All!! Is there some that when I execute an excel user form, it *remains o the top * of all the windows applications that are currently running until & unless I, manually, minimize or close it. Regards, Jat -- JAtz_DA_WA ----------------------------------------------------------------------- JAtz_DA_WAY's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2668 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=40059 You may get an answer to your question--but it'll involve both making the userform always on top plus adding those minim...

Chart #3
I'm trying to crate a chart where to information in the cells can be typed on a slant Hi Quiana, Having difficulting understanding your question. Maybe you could provide a little more detail. Quiana wrote: > I'm trying to crate a chart where to information in the cells can be typed on a slant -- Cheers Andy http://www.andypope.info To display a cell's text on a slant: 1. Select the cell 2. Choose Format>Cells 3. Select the Alignment tab 4. In the Orientation setting, drag the red diamond, or select a number of degrees 5. Click OK Quiana wrote: > I'm...

Deleting "double" space from a chart
I'm trying to copy/paste rows of information, and when I paste, I get this double spacing. I know in an earlier version of Excel, what/how you copy is what/how you paste. Does this make any sense? ...

Excel Charts #19
I am making a chart with weird X-values. Instead of single, whole numbers, I need each value to be as follows: 1-2, 3-5, 6-10, 11-15, etc. Please help me!! My chart keeps going to whole numbers instead and its been driving me crazy for days! How can I fix this problem?!! ...

Worksheet size limited
Hi, I have a spreadsheet with a worksheet that numbers rows 1 to 153. What is the command that limits the size. I cannot put the mouse in the area after row 153 and it is not protected. -- zephyr_60 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ zephyr_60's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29406 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=491188 Maybe the rows below are hidden? Hit CTRL + a(twice in 2003) and Format>Row>Unhide Anything? Type A170 in name box and hit ENTER. Do you go t...

How do I keep the home tool bar on top
An hour ago the home tool bar stoped being displayed. I can restore it but every time i hit a key the tool bar disapers. How do I keep the tool bar on top while I am typing. You've minimized the Ribbon. Double-click any tab on the Ribbon to restore it. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "RobertTaylor" <RobertTaylor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:081A95C4-76B9-47E2-A4E6-83A080233AD0@microsoft.com... > An hour ago the home tool bar stoped being displayed. I can rest...

Remove old month from chart add new/no manual reference change
jan feb mar apr 10 20 30 40 I want to graph the latest 4 months without having to go in a change refrences in the chart each month. Next month feb mar apr may 20 30 40 50 If I drag the last months across to pick up the formulas for the next month I get 5 months on the graph instead of 4 Hi Kameel Its possible only. Example: First Row months (A1: Jan, B1: Feb,…..) Second Row values (A2: 10, B2: 20,…..) Put any column (eg. K10) this function: =ADDRESS(1,COUNTA(A1:AA1)-3)&":"&ADDRESS(2,COUNTA(A1:AA1)) You will get the cell address of new four months. Click Ins...

Chart Links ?
We have a workbook ('Book1') that we need to archive every week. In this workbook there are 3 charts (on a tab called 'graphs') which have source data linked to a tab called 'data' all within the same workbook. When we 'SaveAs' to a different location the source code of the charts is remaining with the original workbook ('Book1') and not with the newly saved workbook ('Book2'). Why is this happening, and how do we fix it???? Kevin Kevin, This doesn't sound like normal Excel behaviour... What you've described should only happen if y...