how do you add names on a bubble chart?

hi does anyone know how to add names on a bubble chart?
0
Ravi (33)

In article <D3AD4FAC-A0D3-4C77-AF73-72313357E6CF@microsoft.com>,
Ravi@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> hi does anyone know how to add names on a bubble chart?

What do you mean by "names?"  Series names? Chart or axis title? Data
labels? Custom text? Something else?

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions
I bet he wants custom data labels. Here are two great (and free!)
utilities for labeling Excel charts:

Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com
John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com/ss

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Tushar Mehta wrote:

> In article <D3AD4FAC-A0D3-4C77-AF73-72313357E6CF@microsoft.com>,
> Ravi@discussions.microsoft.com says...
>
>>hi does anyone know how to add names on a bubble chart?
>>

> What do you mean by "names?"  Series names? Chart or axis title? Data
> labels? Custom text? Something else?

Add Lookup Fields to Entity

How do I change the source worksheet for 100 charts automatically.
I have a worksheet with 100 charts that source a set of five worksheets, financial forecast A. I create several forecasts (sets of 5 worksheets) and copy over worksheet with 100 charts, but the charts reference financial forecast A when I want them to source from financial forecast B. To change the chart source to financial forecast B, I now have to open each chart and change the source from A to B. Is there a way to do this automatically, similar to the edit, find, replace function for data in cells? Hi, You would need to write VBA code to do this. Given you know what the value is...

Excel Add Ins

Add on

POS 2009 Add-In: Populating a Task Pad

Logarithm scaling for charts
When using logarithmic scaling for charts the scaling interval is given in powers of 10 (1, 10, 100, 1000 etc). I want to be able to change the scaling interval to show data at a smaller log. interval (e.g. between 100 and 200). This is not at present possible in Excel but it would be extremely useful. vroomvondel wrote: > When using logarithmic scaling for charts the scaling interval is given in > powers of 10 (1, 10, 100, 1000 etc). I want to be able to change the scaling > interval to show data at a smaller log. interval (e.g. between 100 and 200). > This is not at present p...

Add-in cannot be loaded OL07

Stack Bar Charts
I have yearly information that I would like to graph in a stacked bar chart. I have years 2005 to present Two companies I am comparing with two variables for each company each year. I would like to have the stack bar chart by year reflect the stack of Co A vs Co B on variable 1 + 2. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. You want a clustered-stacked chart: http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/clustered-stacked-column-charts/ http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/clustered-stacked-bar-charts/ - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ Sean wrote: > ...

how to find sql server name in the local network
i am working for a program that needs to know which SQL servers are running cross over the local network.i don't know how to get these SQL servers' names.can anybody help me? thanks a lot! best regards, kywoo http://www.codeproject.com/database/serverenum.asp Enumerate SQL Server using SQL DMO "kywoo" <kywoo@tongji.edu.cn> wrote in message news:%23FLxBMtjDHA.1728@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > i am working for a program that needs to know which SQL servers are running > cross over the local network.i don't know how to get these SQL servers' > names.can...

Format text to add character

Select Names Listing for Sending Emails to Contacts
My Outlook 2002 Contacts list is set up to show last names first, and contacts are filed accordingly. However, when I compose an email and try to Select Name, the contacts are listed with first names first. How can I correct this so that contacts will be listed last name first there, also? Tools, e-mail accounts, view /modify address books - properties of outlook address book - choose 'file as' and close. Note - posting your valid e-mail address in a newsgroup post, or in your news account settings, is a surefire way to get spam and SWEN and other viruses sent to you....see ht...

Named Range Scope
Excel 2007, New, Loan Amortization (Template), Select cell D5 Unprotect Sheet, Name Manager, Loan_Amount, Delete, Ok New, Name: Loan_Amount, Scope: Loan Amortization Schedule, Ok, Close It appears that I can change the scope of all names in this workbook from global to local except Int_Rate, Loan_Amount, Loan_Start, and Loan_Years. How come? ...

Add File menu to custom toolbar

programatically change chart
I am using powerpoint to programatically create slides displaying MS GRaph Charts. I am using .NET and C#. I am having trouble location help for this topic. My questions are: 1. I want to programatically change the direction of the Category Axis. I wish to rotate them so they are upright instead of on their side. How can I do this? objCatAxis.TickLabels.Orientation = Graph.XlTicklabelOrientationUpWard does not seem to be working. 2. I am having trouble defining colors for my charts. It seems to be happening automatically. I want to control which colors get displayed. I wish to do this pro...

Chart axis custom date format
Dear all! Excel 2003, charting. On Y axis I have scale from 0 to 7, and when I go to "format axis- number-custom" I can input formula "[Blue][<4]#.###,0;[Red][>4]#.###, 0;#.###,0" which colors the scale as I would like. On X axis I have dates (1.jan.06, 1.feb.06, 1.mar.06....1.jun.08). Is it possible to write similar formula as above on x axis - for instance if date is less than 1.jan.07 then color it red, if less than 1.jan 08 than color it blue? This would allow to have on X axis only date format "mmm" and the colors would help differentiate between yea...

Distribution List: Name not showing up
Hi, I have a number of contacts in my Contacts Folder, and want to create a special distribution list. When I create a new distribution list however, only some of my contacts show up, and I cannot select the ones I need. Does anyone have any suggestions? Many thanks Marian You must provide at least some clue. We can't read minds. Which Contacts don't show up? What version of Outlook? How are you creating the DL? What information store are you using? How many Contact Folders in your Profile? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "M" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com...

add a DC in a LegSite

How to find the value of a Duplicate (Name) entry?
Unlike most people with Duplicate entry problems I do NOT want to delet it! What I have is a report that is sent to us every day as a text file. have it converted automatically to an excel worksheet so excel can pul the numbers out that we need for reports. The problem is this: Jason Longhaul LA...................822 Jason Longhaul LA...................73 The number of rows between Jason Longhaul LA and the duplicate can an does vary, otherwise I could find the first one and count down x numbe of rows to get the value of the second one. What I need to do is run my formula to get the va...

Paste chart to word-lose bold type
When I paste my chart into msword, the bold type on the x and y axis is lost, though the title remains in bold. Kate, After copying, open Paint and paste it there. From Paint copy it again and paste it in Word. The format will remain. Regards, Jaleel "kate" wrote: > When I paste my chart into msword, the bold type on the x and y axis is lost, > though the title remains in bold. ...

Global named range ????
Is it possible to create a named range that will refer to the same cell on every worksheet in a particular workbook ie SheetType=ActiveSheet!$A$1 This does not seem to work Thanks I have set the named range as you suggested.... Now I am trying to access the value in VBA Activesheet.Range("SheetType").................. this works Worksheets("sheetname").Range("SheetType") ...............this does not can refer to the range on a specific sheet this way or must I set the activesheet and refer to it that way???? Thanks for your help "Chip Pearson&qu...

Data Validation List Names
I have Excel 2007 and am attempting to use the data validation tool. I have created several lists in a separate worksheet and named them (In the name box). My drop down and options have shown correctly. However, I now need to make a few changes to the lists. I added a few extra cells with data to one of the lists and would like these options included in the drop down field on the main spreadsheet. Can someone tell me how to re-name my 'source' (list or range of cells) so that the added cells are now being referenced as well and all options show in the drop down? ...

How do I compare two lists of names in excel?
I am comparing 2 lists of attendances to conferences, so there are large numbers to go through, and 1 list will have more attendees than the other. Is there any formula I can use in excel to highlight names that appear only in the larger of the 2 lists? Chip Pearson has information on finding and tagging duplicate entries in a list. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm Jack the Cate wrote: > I am comparing 2 lists of attendances to conferences, so there are large > numbers to go through, and 1 list will have more attendees than the other. > Is there any formul...

Drawing Objects disappear from charts
My question has to do with Excel 2003 Home Basic edition. After adding a text box or lines to a chart, the objects disappear when I click outside the chart. They reappear when I then click on the chart. Also, if I move the chart, the objects appear on the worksheet. How do I "attach" the objects to the chart without Grouping them? Grouping them works, but seems cumborsome to use if I want to make changes to the format or data series. On Feb 19, 3:22 pm, Dave <D...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My question has to do with Excel 2003 Home Basic edition. > >...