How do I set up a chart to only chart values greater than 0

I have a chart in Excell that I would like to only have chart those items
with a value of greater than 0 (zero).  Not sure if there is a better, easier
way than having manually manipulate the data.

Let's say the values are in B1:B20
In C1 enter =IF(B1>0,B1,NA())
Now use column C for the chart; the displayed #N/A values will be ignored by
the chart engine
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"debra49424" <debra49424@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a chart in Excell that I would like to only have chart those items
> with a value of greater than 0 (zero).  Not sure if there is a better,
> easier
> way than having manually manipulate the data.

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
10/30/2008 5:15:33 PM
This topic wasn't the reason I was looking through this discussion board but
I can definitely use the information!
Thank you.

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

> Let's say the values are in B1:B20
> In C1 enter =IF(B1>0,B1,NA())
> Now use column C for the chart; the displayed #N/A values will be ignored by
> the chart engine
> best wishes
> --
> Bernard V Liengme
> Microsoft Excel MVP
> http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme
> remove caps from email
>
> "debra49424" <debra49424@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a chart in Excell that I would like to only have chart those items
> > with a value of greater than 0 (zero).  Not sure if there is a better,
> > easier
> > way than having manually manipulate the data.

0
Adrienne (11)

setting up new outlook mail account

OWA Set Rule problem

how can I change the scale of the numbers in my chart data table?
I have set up a simple graph, and I have opted to show a data table at the bottom which shows my graph results numerically. However, whilst I have changed the scale on the value axis with no problem, I cannot change the scale of my data table to thousands.. the only option I seem to have is to be able to format the font. Please can you help? A chart data table has very limited capability. Instead of using one, consider simulating the effect. See Custom Chart Table http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/data_table/index.htm -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel,...

Text boxes and arrows on charts help
Hi, I hope my description for what I'm trying to do is clear and easy to help with. I have a scatter plot and for some of the datapoints I would like to put text boxes on the chart to comment on important features of the data and arrows pointing from the text boxes to the relevant datapoints to which they are referring to. However, the chart will have additional data appended to it on many occasions in the future, which would grow the x and y axes. How can I make the text boxes and arrows move, for when the extra data is added, so that they always point/indicate the required datap...

Formating text of x-axix value
I make a chart with x-axix values from let's say 1E-9 to 1E-3, using logaritmic scale. So far so good. But my need is not to display the values in the chart like 1E-9, 1E-8, etc. but like 10-9, where the -9 text will be formated as upper index. Thx for any help or suggestion. see http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Exponents_in_Cells_and_Charts.htm best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Karel" <Karel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA5042AE-A412-4CB3-B823-89741DAF8FFD@microsoft.com... >I mak...

ExcelReport 2.0
ExcelReport is an Excel report generator that outputs reports in Microsoft Excel spreadsheet format. Supports all databases using ODBC. With on time configuration, automatically generates Excel reports. We are designing and developing ExcelReport 2.0. You are appreciated to give your advices. Here are some description of new features and report samples. http://www.ljzsoft.com/excelreport2/index.htm LJZsoft.com One of the most frustrating aspects of Crystal Report (which I presume is the principal competition) is its tendency to report numeric results as text, interfering with the user...

How to set backcolour

Set Regional Settings but not Language

Error Install BP 4.0
Hi i Have the following Virtual Envioroment W2003 Enterprised R2 SQL-2005 Pck 2 GP-10 Pck2. WSS 3.0 I'm on local machine and the error is the following !Installer Information! An Error ocurred while applying security settings. nt authority\network services is not a valid user or group. This could be a problem with the package, or a problem connecting to a domain controller on the network. Check your network connection and click retry, or cancel to end install. Please, give a hint!!!! Jaime O. ...

Creating Multiple charts in an Excel Sheet
Hi, I need to create a macro in Access which creates a report in an excel sheet. The excel sheet should contain a number of sheets (Sheet 1,Sheet 2,Sheet 3....).Inside each Sheet around 9 charts have to be displayed. Is it possible to create a macro for the same? Please can somebody help me with some vba code for creating multiple charts in a single excel sheet. Thanks, Sobha ...

build chart template; then add series one by one
Hello -- This chart will plot data imported from one or more text files. We want 2 buttons on a UserForm which will allow the user to 1 - erase the old chart and build a new chart "structure" 2 - import one series (in text file) at a time and plot it on the chart (this code works) "Structure" means: 1 - rectangle representing the chart area 1 - chart title 3 - Y axis major gridlines 4 - Y axis scale = range 0 to 5 5 - Y axis title blank 6 - X axis scale = blank 7 - X axis title ' "Time in seconds" 9 - no legend I have been able to achieve this result only ...

Reading Pane Settings

x Bar and R chart
Has anyone created an x-Bar and R chart in excel. Uncle bob: I entered XBar Chart Excel and found over 9,200 references. So there is a lot out there for you to look at. There are a number of commercial add-ins if you are undertaking a major Statistical process Control (SPC) program. On the other hand, there are dozens of free downloads if your are looking for "how to" information. I have put a simple control chart "how to" on my site that may help to get you started. http://processtrends.com/pg_charts_control_chart.htm .... Kelly koday@processtrends.com &qu...

Need to sum values that are not strikethroughs
I need to sum a column without it adding the rows that have strikethroughs values; is it possible to combine a formula and vb code to a cell ? =SUM(BH100:BH120) & Activecell.selection.font.strikethrough = false Thank you Khf Try: Function zum(r As Range) As Double Dim rr As Range For Each rr In r If rr.Font.Strikethrough = False Then zum = zum + rr.Value End If Next End Function In the worksheet use it like: =zum(A1:A10) -- Gary''s Student "Rock" wrote: > I need to sum a column without it adding the rows that have strikethroughs > values; i...

interactive buttons, multiple sets

How do I set OOR

Chart drilldown to data
I have a client that has MS Excel 2000 bar charts made from worksheet data series. He wants to be able to click on a chart object such as a bar and have the source data come to the front. I have tried to put buttons over the chart but I can't change the button color to match the chart. I can change the chart bar to be the gray color of the button but that is not desirable. Is their a way to send the button to the back behind the chart and still get the button to respond to a click? Is there any way to turn a worksheet cell into a button? The only way I can see is to place a button ov...

Set Focus

Chart Object and Worksheet Object
What are the difference? I insert a Excel chart into PPT by Insert>object>create from file>[browse]... It always comes out as a worksheet object whether I get a chart of the data. Whereas, Edit>Paste special method clearly differenciate a chart object from a worksheet object. I know I could convert to either way but any difference? In article <CE92D095-8E17-4AD4-85B9-317AC15A13BF@microsoft.com>, Win wrote: > What are the difference? > > I insert a Excel chart into PPT by Insert>object>create from file>[browse]... As I suggested earlier...