how do i read directly off of a chart - callibration curve

i've set up a callibration curve in excel, I have experimental x values and
want to obtain the corresponding y values without using FORECAST, TREND tec.
any ideas?
0
mark.reid (1)

Mark -

Search the newsgroup archives for 'interpolate'

   http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search

or if you want to try to match the smoothed curve Excel draws arbitrarily through
points, google the groups for 'Dave Braden' and 'cubic spline', or go to Brian
Murphy's site, and look for the Excel Stuff link, which includes a treatment of the
bezier function used by Excel to draw this curve:

   http://xlrotor.com

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

mark.reid@ex.ac.uk wrote:

> i've set up a callibration curve in excel, I have experimental x values and
> want to obtain the corresponding y values without using FORECAST, TREND tec.
> any ideas?

In addition to Jon's solutions, you might also want to check:
Interactive Chart
http://www.tushar-
mehta.com/excel/software/interactive_chart_display/index.html

and

Read X and Y value of any point on a chart
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/tips/read_chart_value/index.html

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article <#PlavmO2EHA.3120@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>,
jonREMOVExlmvp@peltierCAPStech.com says...
> Mark -
>
> Search the newsgroup archives for 'interpolate'
>
>    http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search
>
> or if you want to try to match the smoothed curve Excel draws arbitrarily through
> points, google the groups for 'Dave Braden' and 'cubic spline', or go to Brian
> Murphy's site, and look for the Excel Stuff link, which includes a treatment of the
> bezier function used by Excel to draw this curve:
>
>    http://xlrotor.com
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Peltier Technical Services
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> http://PeltierTech.com/
> _______
>
> mark.reid@ex.ac.uk wrote:
>
> > i've set up a callibration curve in excel, I have experimental x values and
> > want to obtain the corresponding y values without using FORECAST, TREND tec.
> > any ideas?

Excel charts #29
Is there a way to choose either a symbol or color for points in a plot according to a value in a field? Here is what I'm trying to do: I'm plotting depth vs porosity for some rock samples. In the file I'm using I also have a 'zone' associated with each sample. I'd like to use that zone column to determine either symbol shape or symbol color so I can see trends for individual zones in the bigger plot. Can this be done? Thanks for the help BDB, since your desire a Chart to FIND the trend of points via *either symbol shape or symbol color*, it may be easier if ...

Reading .wks file

File won't open as read only

bell-shape normal distribution curve
I know a rough bell-shaped curve can be drawn in Excel using random numbers. Can normal distribution curves showing an area under the curve, i.e z-test or t-test area, be drawn in Excel? If yes, how? Thanks If you know what you want for your X and Y coordinates, you can use this tutorial http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/XYAreaChart.html "SM" <SM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2DB295F-0686-4114-B2F5-CBAA71D5EC02@microsoft.com... >I know a rough bell-shaped curve can be drawn in Excel using random >numbers. > Can normal distribution cur...

Read mail arn't marked as read anymore

Why the hidden column can't be shown on charts?
It is strange that when the data is quoted from a hidden column, the data can'be showed on charts. is it one default excel charts properties? I'm not farmilia with excel chart. does anyone can help me let this data shown on charts? Thanks and regards, Viesta Hi, It is an option. in xl2003 select the chart and then use the menus Tools > Options > Chart uncheck Plot visible cells only Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "ViestaWu" <viesta.wu@konecranes.com> wrote in message news:B9B878F3-2CD0-402E-97CE-4D2C8C391719@mi...

Direct Booking
I have 18 Resources Mailboxes setup with at Delegate Client configured, all the same way... the same mailbox rights, the same Delegate... 3 of the resources are not showing the 'Resources booked' dialog, but I get accept from the delegate?? Anybody knows why this is, and how to correct this... Thanks ...

Creating a stacked column chart with 2 axes.
I am working within Excel 97. I need help creating a stacked column chart with 2 axes. An example of the source data that I'm using appears on a worksheet as follows: GROUP SERV_TYPE YEAR_QTR #CLAIMS CONTROL AMB 2001Q1 96 .... CONTROL HOSP 2001Q1 68 .... CONTROL DRUG 2001Q1 32 .... EXPERIMENTAL AMB 2001Q1 99 .... EXPERIMENTAL HOSP 2001Q1 27 .... EXPERIMENTAL DRUG 2001Q1 68 .... My goal is to use the values for "YEAR_QTR" as the category (x) axis lab...

reading confirmation

Bubble Charts
When I try to chart data using bubble charts, the resulting chart doesn't appear to represent the data at all. Am I missing something? Hi, It's hard to say... the bubble chart will want X and Y values, along with a bubble-size value (the 3rd value). Do you have that kind of data? If not, check the data sources (right click on chart) to make sure the values you want are being used in the manner you're thinking. jeff >-----Original Message----- >When I try to chart data using bubble charts, the resulting chart doesn't appear to represent the data at all. Am I miss...

location of chart
The option to have the chart on the same sheet is not available. Why not? will need more information to even have a guess. "bludik" wrote: > The option to have the chart on the same sheet is not available. Why not? Is the sheet/workbook structure protected? -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <9A832669-4C00-40CE-A265-E4A9772CF20B@microsoft.com>, bludik@discussions.microsoft.com says... > The option to have the chart on the same sheet is not available. Why no...

The memory could not be "read".

how can i copy a document to a CD without making it read only?
HOW CAN I COPY A DOCUMENT TO A CD WITHOUT MAKING IN READ ONLY? You can't. It is not the file, but the media, that is read only. Even CD-RW media does not allow editing a file on the CD. Copy te file from CD to HD, mak edits and if a CD-RW you should be able to burn the edited file back to the CD. hth "DON" wrote: > HOW CAN I COPY A DOCUMENT TO A CD WITHOUT MAKING IN READ ONLY? ...

Unable to Read Japanese Email
I correspond with several Japanese users and can read emails from some of them without a problem, but emails from others are nothing but a series of ?????. In one case, I can read one email but not another from the same sender. Changing the Encoding doesn't help. Sending emails in Japanese to them without a problem...they can read it fine. Would appreciate any suggestions/solutions as I'm stumped. I'm using Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP Home operating system. Japanese language support is installed. ...

Pie chart data labels and lines disappear
Help! I have a couple of pie charts in a file that I've set data labels and values to show. Everytime I close the file, when I reopen it, they're gone, although when I go to chart option, both are checked as being displayed. If I uncheck the boxes, then recheck them, the labels and values show again. Everytime I close the file, the same things happen. What's up with this? ...

Transferring read e-mail to another folder
Hello I was wondering whether there was a way in which I could automatically transfer my e-mail that has been read into another folder, such as "Old e-mail" or something like that? Thanks ...

Money2004 & $50 gift from ING Direct
I finally clicked on the ING ad from within Money 2004, typed in my Money registration number, signed up for a savings account online with ING, and ING deposited $50 to my savings account. ING is paying 3% interest and I want to deposit more money into my account at ING. How can I verify if ING is for real and not an Internet scam? Thanks, ING is a major European (Dutch, I think) bank with an internet bank division serving the US. It is not a scam. Go to their website https://secure1.ingdirect.com for more details. Note however that currently another internet bank Emigrant Direct ...

automatically adjust charts
I am always charting 2 years of data. I have 2 spread sheets, one has multi charts and the other is all the data for the charts. I'm tracking about 6 different data points in a line chart. Each month the data sheet gets the previous months production data. I'd like to have it automatically adjust the charts. Drop the oldest month and add the newest month to the chart. That would save me the time of manually updating the charts. -- Baltimore Ravens Ravens Fan: You can make things a lot easier for yourself by creating a dynamic chart that plots the 24 months of data, or whateve...

Outlook not marking read emails as read
Hi - We have 1 computer that is doing the oddest thing, anytime the customer reads the last email in his box, exit's out of email and then comes back in, that email is now marked as unread - it's the weirdest thing I have seen in a long time. I uninstalled office XP, rebooted, then reinstalled and applied the 2 service packs, hoping that would fix it, but it didn't. So now I'm stuck and was wondering if anybody out there has any thoughts on what to do.... thanks! Gerri Urban gurban@ci.broomfield.co.us ...

Suggested reading
Any suggested reading for Access 2003 VBA? I have both "Step by Step Access 2003" And "Microsoft Access 2003 VBA for Dummies" (how Ironic) and niether have been very helpful. Try this book. It's a winner: Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference by Patricia Cardoza, Teresa Hennig, Graham Seach, and Armen Stein http://www.amazon.com/Access-2007-Programmers-Reference-Programmer/dp/0470047038/ref=sr_1_1/104-1181757-2327103?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1185824619&sr=8-1 -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.access...

Emails got squished in my mailbox while using direct email feature of CRM 3.0
Emails got squished in my mailbox, ( i.e. Linefeeds/ carriage return got removed) when I send a Direct E-mail using an E-mail Template for a list of selected records (Leads, Account ...). When I send an email individually from record's level (i.e. Creating new activity for a record) using the same E-mail template, it doesn't got squished!!! I wondering why the e-mail gets squished only I'm sending them using Direct email feature! Does anybody know why the e-mail gets squished? Thanks in advance. Balamurali Phoenix wrote: > Emails got squished in my mailbox, ( i.e. Linefee...

Message(s) Not Being Marked As Read
I have "Mark message read after displayed for" '0' seconds checked. But in my Junk e-mail folder the messages don't get marked as read when I select them, only when I open them. I'm assuming this is because there isn't a the reading pane for the Junk e-mail folder even though I have "Show reading pane" checked in "Layout" a reading pane doesn't display in the Junk email right pane. Is this normal? I'd rather just click on the message instead of opening the message to mark it as read. James > I'd rather just c...

stored procedure writing directly in RMS
Is there any examples of writing stored procs directly in RMS? For example I have a stored procedure I have written that gets fired off from CR8.5. The stored proc has one section that does an insert into a temp table and at the end of the stored proc does a select of the temp table. Any time within the stored proc when doing an insert the last select does not work. If I do not do an insert within the stored proc everything works as normal. I even tried having my stored proc call another stored proc when it gets done, but because of that insert it has problems. Is there anything w...