How do i plot two series of data both in accending order on a line

I have multiple series of data to plot in a line graph that I want view from
the lowest to highest.  For example:

sales sold by REP AND product type & person.  Each series represent a type
of product. the Vert scale is the number sold and the horz scale is the rep
in order of rank from lowest to highest.  Each series/product is independant.

Can I do this?

Thanks.
0
MFM (1)

Hi,

If you sort each product by it's sales figure then you will have a unique
SalesRep order for each series. So I don't see how you can also have Reps
sharing the one x axis.
You might want to consider a different chart type. Perhaps a Bump chart
where the vertical divides are the Product, Vertical scale sales and Reps as
lines.
http://www.processtrends.com/toc_bumps_charts.htm

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"MFM" <MFM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have multiple series of data to plot in a line graph that I want view
>from
> the lowest to highest.  For example:
>
> sales sold by REP AND product type & person.  Each series represent a type
> of product. the Vert scale is the number sold and the horz scale is the
> rep
> in order of rank from lowest to highest.  Each series/product is
> independant.
>
> Can I do this?
>
> Thanks.

0
andy9699 (3616)

Formatting Imported Data
I have to compile a worksheet from data copied from a pdf file. Problem when i copy and paste text all data falls into column A and i have to drag one line at a time to the specific headings. this is how the data I copy pastes into excel: Date Time Duration Number Dialled Charge 01/05/2009 11:14:03 00:00:30 110 0.79 07/05/2009 19:20:59 00:01:41 0860112442 0.00 28/05/2009 18:40:20 00:01:45 110 1.25 28/05/2009 18:48:51 00:00:07 0860123911 0.15 Sub Total 2.19 I have set up the columns as such: Date Time Duration Number Dialled Charge 01/05/2009 11:14:03 00:00:30 110 0.79 And n...

footnote separator lines
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hello, <br><br>I'm writing a long document with dozens of footnotes, and on some pages the footnotes appear with a short line separating the footnotes from the text, and on other pages there is no line. I'd like to have the lines all throughout the document. How do I make the lines appear above the footnotes throughout the document? <br><br>Thank you! Have a look here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HP051862361033.aspx And use "Help>Send Feedback" to let th...

SOP# and Customer Code on Vendor Purchase Order
Is there a way to print the SOP Document Number and/or the Customer Code on the Purchase Order Line item if the Purchase/Link option is used? Good news - there definitely is a way (we do it)! In CustomerSource Knowledge Base, there are several articles if you search for: pop sop number One is article ID 852235 called "Adding the SOP Number, Customer Number, and Customer Name on the PO" Another one is article ID 917729 called "How to add Sales Order Processing information to the POP Purchase Order Blank Form in Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0 or in Microsoft Great Plains 8.0&qu...

VS2008 complains about T[ ] data = ...
I have been seeing code samples using notation like this: ... T[] data = source.ToArray(); ... When I try the sample in VS2008 -- I get the following error message: "The type or namespace name 'T' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?" Is the notation above a VS2010 thing? If yes, is there an equivalent for VS2008? If no, what do I need to add so that VS2008 does not complain about T[] something = ... ? Thanks Rich *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** "Rich P" <rpng12...

cannot obtain provider factory for data provider named 'microsoft.sqlserverce.client3.5'
Hello everybody, I work with VS 2008 on the Windows 7. MS SQL Server 2008 Express is installed on the machine as well as SQL Server CE 3.5 SP1. In the machine.config there is an entry: <add name="Microsoft SQL Server Compact Data Provider" invariant="System.Data.SqlServerCe.3.5" description=".NET Framework Data Provider for Microsoft SQL Server Compact" type="System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeProviderFactory, System.Data.SqlServerCe, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91"/></DbProviderFactories> The appl...

Chart plots #VALUE as 0, can this behavior be avoided?
I have an X-Y scatterplot. In some of the cells in the range for Y values, the result is #VALUE. However, the chart plots this as if it were "0". This seems dangerously wrong to me, seems like it should be plotted as if that cell were blank. It is very misleading in the chart to see those values plotted as "0". "0" is a possible true and correct value in this particular data, but those cells do not have that value, so it should not be plotted as if it were that value. At any rate, is there any way around this [bad] behavior? Thank you. Tom Conlon Y...

Splitting cells / diagonally displaying cell data
I have a two groups of data that will have six categories. Each category will be assigned a date in columns. The difficult part is that one row needs to relate to each of the dates and ideally I would like the dates displayed in one cell divided be a diagonal line. All of this is basically an ongoing project that I will need to see dates at a glance and make sure everything is on track. The actual information is confidential but I have related this project to some house repairs. This is the best example I can think of... (imaging this is an Excel chart) i.e. Interior o...

change field name in table in closed data base
thank you is possible to change field name in (table) in closed data base from current open database example change fieldname (playername) to (PlayerN) i hope you can solve this problem with easy code thank you ...

Comparing Data 05-27-07
Hello all, I need to write a database for work that can compare and report differences of settings in a PLC. The PLC saves the data in a paradox file. I can pull information into access but I am unable to change the way the data is stored. PLC table is stored; Machine Number, Setting No., Setting Name, Setting, Setting Page, Setting No. On Page 12345, 1.1, Max Speed, 3500, 1, 1 12345, 1.2, Min Speed, 3000, 1, 2 12345, 1.3, Selected Components, 10010000111, 1, 3 The Table I need to set up looks like this; Machine Number, Setting 1.1 value, Setting 1.2 value Setting 1.3 value 12345, 3500,...

flip the data
Hi could someone help with this please I have a range of data (10x50) cells of which the date is amongst it but it is the wrong way round for me (I copied it off the net). and I would like the latest date to be at the bottom. instead of the top. Could you please tell me how. thanks Len Len Sort your data in Ascending Order on the Column that has Date in it. This is possible only if the data is in Date Format. Aqib Rizvi thankyou very much Aqib Len "Aqib Rizvi" <aqib.rizvi@gmail.com> wrote in message news:3c5d8bf9-d5ce-44ee-a70b-1d1fe8268f53@n30g2000vba.googlegroups...

converting FILETIME into two DWORDS
Hi, i want to extract date and time from a FILETIME structure into two dwords. So that the two dwords contain the date and time info in the same way in which NTFS store the file creation, modification and access date. Thanks. ...

Inclusion problem between two project
Hi, I'm trying to include (.h and .cpp) from a project to another one. Here is what my solution looks on Visual Studio 2005. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- MySolution - Project1 (Window project .exe) - Project1.vcproj - Project1Source1.h - Project1Source1.cpp - Project1Source2.h - Project1Source2.cpp - ... -Project2 (Window project .exe) - Project2.vcproj - Project2Source1.h - Project2Source1.cpp - ... ---------------------------------------------------------------------------...

Recover data from Exchange 5.5
We have a NT 4 server running Exchange 5.5 and it crashed. We decided since we were reloading to buy and load Server 2003 and Exchange 2003. I still have the old folders with the Exchange 5.5 data in them. But can't find a way to import the old mail box data. Is there any way to do that without the actual Exchange 5.5 server still running? nope...you need to build a 5.5 recovery server, restore the databases, and use exmerge to extract the data from the mailboxes, then import the resulting pst files into your new mailboxes...unless you purchase something like Quest's Recovery ...

add vertical line to floating bar chart
my chart has floating horizontal bars they are price ranges that all have the same center point i'm trying to draw a vertical line, starting from the x axis, going up thru all the floating bars i can set up a series on sheet with with the center point based on sheet data, no problem there the examples from google and the peltiertech samples all seem to add the vert line as part of a scatter chart, either i'm missing something simple, or maybe this not possible, ie, the chart has to a line/scatter chart to begin with?? Hi bbxrider, You should be able to add a new data series and the...

Outlook is retrieving data from the Microsoft Exchange Server
Hi I have the problem in Outlook with this dialog box saying "Outlook is retrieving data from the Microsoft Exchange Server <sever name>" The clients have Win XP with Office XP (Outlook 2002 v 10.4712.4219 SP2). Exchange server is Exchange 2000 SP3. When I rollback to Outlook 2000 everything works fine. The exchange server who outlook is retrieving data from is the same server as the users has there mailboxes on. I have checked a large number of Kb articles without solving this issue. How can I solve this big issue? Please HELP //Regards Lars ...

Repeating data in table
I am trying to start simple and understand some of creating a dbase. However, I want to develop a dbase to handle bank statements. Each client (using ssn) can have several bank accounts. I have set up the form to gather the client info, bank info, and of course the account numbers. How do I create a form to allow me to enter deposits, other increases, checks, other decreases, balance? I want to gather this information without having to input the ssn and account number each time. I am looking to input the account number, which will tie to the client ssn, and then input the deposi...

Exception 'Data Abort'
Hi, After sometime I get this exception on my ARM based WinCE 6.0 target. Exception 'Data Abort' (4): Thread-Id=03e30002(pth=82a605a0), Proc- Id=03e20002(p prc=82a60288) 'MyApplication.exe', VM-active=03e20002(pprc=82a60288) 'MyApplication.exe' PC=40ca41d0(mscoree2_0.dll+0x000641d0) RA=00000004(???+0x00000004) SP=0002f3f8, BVA=0025c350 The Image works fine before and after this exception e.g. no problems with Async, Filesystem, network and so on. Every reboot from now on will end with this exception. However, the strange thing is that this exception ...

Copy cells with data and paste
Anyone, I am trying to do what I hope is a simple task. I need to have a two part macro that will do the following. 1. Copy only the cells in a certain range that have data in the cells. 2. I then need the macro to paste this data into a new worksheet on this first available blank row thanks in advance for anyones help on this. Bill To learn, Record a macro while use data>filter>autofilter to filter the NON blanks>copy>paste> Then clean up the macro To determine the last row use lastrow=cells(rows.count,"a").end(xlup).row+1 Post back with further questions. -- ...

Urgent help needed... Template Wizard with Data Tracking???
This function has disappeared after Excel 2000. Is there another way to do the same thing in 2003? Cheers Try this link: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;873209 -- HTH, RD ===================================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ===================================================== "Ro Cathain" <ro_cathain@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Wzo7f.17814$R5.1730@news.indigo.ie... This function has disappeared after Excel 2000. Is there another way to do the same thing in 2003? Che...

Modifications to Inbox "Subject" lines do not theshow in Inbox hea
Modifications/Elaborations to the Outlook Inbox item subject lines which I make in an effort to better organize the Outlook inbox and saved/stored email messages, do not show in the Outlook Inbox headers after modification/elaboration. Why? I have organized in this way for a very long time. Is this an unintended omission or a purposeful change to Outlook and if so, is there some new way I can accomplish this? Thank you. Answered in the other thread, but for the benefit of others the answer is: It shows in the preview pane but not in the message list so its working... bu...

Moving data for a chart
I have a spreadsheet containing orders per month for 2004, 2005 and 2006, i.e. to date it has 25 values in it (up to and including Jan 06). I want to create a graph that displays the last 12 months data automatically, i.e. when the sales manager inputs feb 06 data, the graph then changes from displaying jan05-jan06 to feb05-feb06 data. I realise that my issue probably isn't the graph, but creating a table that recognises when a cell changes from blank (or zero if necessary), then the twelve month data has moved down a cell. Hope this makes sense - please help! Chart the Last 12...

Outlook 2003, two windows open up
When I open Outlook 2003, two windows open up. Both are the same window. Why does this happen and what do I change, to only have the one window open up? A few questions for you: - have you tried closing one of the windows then exiting Outlook normally from the other? - are you, perhaps, double clicking on a quick-launch bar icon? Those are single-click buttons so a double-click will result in two windows, possibly "HaroldSJS" <91hsjs94@gmail.com> wrote in message news:49657f4d$0$4873$607ed4bc@cv.net... > When I open Outlook 2003, two windows open up. Both are the sa...

Fixed Asset Sample Data
How do I install the sample data for Fixed Assets in the Fabrikam company for GP R9? ------=_NextPart_0001_8E8323E6 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Cindy, Thank you for using newsgroups. In order to add the sample data fro the Fabrikam company in versions 9.0 and later, you will need to re-add the Fabrikam company. To do this you will need to launch GP Utilities at the server and use the Re-Add Sample Company Data option. Unfortunately this means you will lose anything that you have already done in the sample company. Thank you, Ken Hubbard Microsoft ...

Sorting Data Employee name time
I have a worksheet of data (Employee names and times from job sheets) which i need to sort by employee name and then totalise times to find total hours worked for the job. There name may apear several times or not at all. I need a total for each person then to be written to the database sheet through the database template add in. Hi for this I would use a pivot table. <See: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/pivots.htm http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotstart.htm http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot02.html http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/excel-pivot-tables.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frank...

Merge Data
I would like to compare quotes and orders for clients. On both QUOTE and INVOICE sheets within workbook I have following columns headings which are identical: QUOTE: COLUMN H = CLIENT COLUMN I = 2007 COLUMN J = 2008 COLUMN K = 2009 INVOICE: COLUMN H = CLIENT COLUMN I = 2007 COLUMN J = 2008 COLUMN K = 2009 The rows do not correspond with each other between 2 tabs. However, I would like it to combine data i.e. CLIENT will be merged where duplicated and then in columns will be 2007, 2008, 2009 quoted and invoiced. Is it possible to automatically merge and populate this in order to calculate ...