How do I not include empty cell value chart labels in pie charts?

I have a pie chart where some of the cell values are zero, but the chart will
include all the labels.  It makes the pie chart look too cluttered.  How can
I not include zero value or blank cell values from appearring in the labels.

When  I go to "tools", "options", and "chart", the "plot empty cells as"
area is shaded grey and I can not select options.
0
JMarble (1)

Hi,

If it's just the data labels then try a custom number format.
Here are a few examples.

    0;;;
    0%;;;
    0.0%;;;

If you want the zero items removed from the pie have a look at this.
http://www.andypope.info/charts/piezeros.htm

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Next Empty Row
I have a worksheet (sheet 2) set up so it basically duplicates important entries from sheet 1 in the same workbook. Sometimes the cells in sheet 1 are blank and consequently I end up with an empty row(s) in sheet 2. How can I do this so I end up with no empty rows? regards gregk gregork wrote: > *I have a worksheet (sheet 2) set up so it basically duplicates > important > entries from sheet 1 in the same workbook. > Sometimes the cells in sheet 1 are blank and consequently I end up > with an > empty row(s) in sheet 2. How can I do this so I end up with no empty > rows?...

Ranking non-consecutive cells
First off...I'm not sure if rank is the correct term. I have three columns, B,E,G - each column contains a number, in column A I need it to input a number based on which of the three columns is greater. If B is greatest there would be a 1, E greatest = 2, etc. For example: If column E is the greatest number, then column A would have a 2. If anyone has any ideas on how to do this or can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it....Thanks. -- shikamikamoomoo ------------------------------------------------------------------------ shikamikamoomoo's Profile: http://www.e...

text cells end page how split to next. Text lost!
When typing text in a cell and you get to the bottom of the page the text is lost and does not split and go onto next page. Is there a way to do this? Elaine Excel Help on "limits" or "specifications" reveals that Excel will allow 32,767 characters to be entered in a cell. However, it goes on to state that "only 1024 characters will be visible or can be printed" To work around this limitation, stick a few ALT + ENTERs in at appropriate spots, about every 200 characters.. The ALT + ENTER forces a line-feed and expands the 1024 limit. How far is not really k...

Best way to give a cell a "default value"?
What is the best way to give a cell a default value? What I mean by "default value" is that the cell should initially (when I first put something on the same row, say) have a certain value, say a constant or the same text I enter in some other cell on the same row, but I can later manually type over it without screwing up a formula or anything. For example, in the sheet I described in my other post from a few minutes ago, suppose I want to add a column called "tree". The Tree will be the same as the Name in most cases, so I would like Excel to automatically put th...

removing blank cells #2
Column A looks like this (there are actually 162 cells, not just the shown here) @Sea @Sea @Sea Bos Bos Bos @Oak @Oak @Oak I want to get all the cells with an @ symbol in them to be in column without the blank cells in between and all the cells without an symbol to be in column B. I have to do this for 30 sheets so I don' want to have to cut and paste on all 30 sheets. Is there a way to d this with a formula or formatting? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try the following: 1. In B1 enter the array formula (entered with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER): =INDEX($A$1:$A$...

Setting Chart X and Y values indirectly
I would like to set X-Values in my chart in a cell of a worksheet, so that when the range of my x-values changes I will not have to go into the wizard and type it again. For example, I want to use the following X-values in my chart: =DATA!$I$2:$I$20 But instead of typing the above in the X Values: field in the 'Source Data / Series' wizard, I would like to type it, say, in cell $A$1 of 'Sheet1', and then type in the X Values field in the 'Source Data / Series' wizard the following: =Sheet1!$A$1 I tried it and it does not work. Can you please let me know if th...

Copy range from one sheet to another cell by cell
Dear all, I would like to copy range C1:C70 from Sheet1 (variable on InputB; if B is 5 then C1:C5 and if B is 40 then C1:C40) and paste into Sheet2 on the place of RB (see below), I mean RB should be that range. so it shold be like this Sheet2(D2) = C1 Sheet2(D102) = C2 Sheet2(D202) = C3 .. .. .. Sheet2(D"B"02) = C"B" I don't know how to define that starting RB is cell C1 and that the next RB is cell C2 Thanks in advance Sub Makronaredba1() ' ' Makronaredba1 Makronaredba ' B = InputBox("Insert number of copies", "...

XmlResolver and xsl:include
Have been doing a fair amount of reading but at this point no joy. The scenario is - XSL template is stored within db. - Template has a xsl:include statement as <xsl:include href="inc.template.methods.xsl"/> I now I have to pass a resolver when I use the load method so that it understands the xsl include as in: ' object template is custom class to retrieve templates from the db dim template as new objTemplate dim myresolver as xmlresolver dim mytransfrom as xmltransform ' template.xmlDocRunTime returns a xmldocument object mytransform.load(template.xmlDocRunTim...

In Access, How do I hide records, but include them in the total
I'm running a report where I have work orders. They are grouped by appr and comp. I need to create a report that will show all the appr tickets, but give me a total count of appr and comp. I have the report generated the way I want, with total count, but how do i hide just the comp tickets. xeoimom wrote: >I'm running a report where I have work orders. They are grouped by appr and >comp. I need to create a report that will show all the appr tickets, but >give me a total count of appr and comp. I have the report generated the way >I want, with total count, but ...

Coloring cells using VBA in excel
I have drop downs on some cells - i have the code below that is meant to color the drop down cell once set by the user - which i does. However, I want to be able to 'reset' all my drop downs to 'blank' and clear the exisiting colorising - I have been using -Range("B4:J33").Value = ""- to clear the cells, but that triggers an error in the colorising code below - I get a runtime error 13 that points to the first Case "Dan" statement Any help on achiving my aim would be great. Thanks Code below Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal ...

if both cells are same highlight
hi there, i need a formula for conditional formatting to highlight the cell if it is the same as the other cell. example below. I would like column B cells to highlight if they are the same as A. A B 120 100 150 120 100 100 Thank you for your help in advance. v Hi, Put this conditional format in b1 and pick a colour. Use the format painter to copy it down column B =AND(A1<>"",A1=B1) Mike "veena" wrote: > hi there, i need a formula for conditional formatting to highlight the cell ...

Calculations usinig time as the value
Where can I find reference material for doing calculatoins where time is a value, with a 24 hout clock? Can I format the cell without colan? -- ~~ To give a person an opinion one must first judge well whether that person is of the disposition to receive it or not. Bill, Time is time in Excel, whether using the 24 hour clock or not. It's just the formatting. Take a look at www.cpearson.com for a discussion of time values in Excel. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Bill" <bill@poppyweb.com> wr...

Running Balance in the same cell...
Ok, I have a spreadsheet that I"m creating to keep track of spending that is coming out of two different accounts. I want to be able to keep a running balance but in the same cell based on a condition. Is this possible. My spreadsheet looks like this. Cell A Cell B Cell C Cell D 1 9000 3000 2 R 100 3 P 50 4 R 400 5 P 100 What I'm trying t...

#includes
I'm looking over my files this evening, and I'm noticing that some of my #includes (of my own header files) are in my .h files, while some are in my ..cpp files. Sometimes I have used incomplete class declarations as well. I have tried to find some good reading to help me understand this whole thing, but haven't so far. Could I get a bit of advice on this? I don't know if this is related, but one of my source files won't give me any of those "smart tips" when the cursor passes over various objects, unless it is something that I have declared in that file itsel...

address labels
I have an address list I want to print on avery 5160 labels. does anyone know how to do this? You can use the Mail Merge feature in Word to print the data, with your Excel file as the data source. There's information on the Word MVP site: http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm And David McRitchie has instructions on his web site: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm sumwork wrote: > I have an address list I want to print on avery 5160 labels. does anyone know > how to do this? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http...

copying contents of a cell into another
I want to reference a cell (A1) that has a link. What's a formula i ca use to reference the value with the link so that everytime i update A it will update A2 with the exact same info and format??? thanks! ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com =A1 ryanb. "alex10for2" <alex10for2.x23um@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:alex10for2.x23um@excelforum-nospam.com... > > I want to reference a cell (A1) that has a link. What's a...

How to create a field in a table whose value will be calculated
I could use some help in creating a field in a table the value of which would be the continuing balance of simple arithmetic operations such as: T(n) = T(n-1) A(n) - S(n) where T=Total, A=value in a field to be added, S=value in a field to be subtracted, and n=record number Does this make sense? Slipperyrock, If I understand you correctly you want a calculated field in a table... that would be a no can do BUT you can do it in a query. Now, you can simulate a table view using a query and a form. -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access) "I feel I have been den...

Including MDA information in transaction edit reports
GP 8.0 I would like to include MDA entry with the AP transaction edit list so the input can be reviewed before releasing a batch for posting. Same thing applies to our invoicing. What is the best way to accomplish this task? I have coded this once for a customer. The only method that can work seamlessly is a Dexterity customisation which uses a trigger to add extra lines into the temporary table used for the report just prior to printing. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer - Great Plains Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Dynamics (f...

Why does my mouse not release a range of cells when selected?
When I try to select a range of cells, the mouse will continue to highlight a range of cells and will not release. I end up having to force Excel to close and restart. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It does it with most versions of Excel. Hello Check if the F8 key was not pressed (you would have the "EXT" mention on the Excel Status bar), if yes press F8 again. Apart from that I think this could be a mouse driver problem so to make sure try and update your mouse driver (esp if you have a wheel mouse). Apart from that? HTH Cordially Pascal "Wolfer50" <Wolfer...

Use of '=AND( COUNTIF(A:A, B1))' to check if a cell is in a column or range
Hello. Can someone please help, I'm using Excel 2003 and I wondered if this is an efficient way of checking whether an item is is a column or part of a column of (length 5000 rows) or not: - =AND( COUNTIF(A:A, B1) ) It seems like an odd use of the AND function as it only has one parameter but it returns a TRUE or FALSE as you would expect. I don't want to count the number of occurences, I just want to know if the value is present in the column but I can't seem to find an alternative to COUNTIF. The IF and FIND commands don't seem to apply here. Thanks for any help given. H...

Cell Protection and External Data
I have a worksheet that has user input to calculate data that will be put into a database for testing. The worksheet also has a Get External Data to get that data once the test has run. I'm trying to preserve the formulas and outputs by protecting the cells, but when I protect the worksheet, I can't get external data. Is there a way to protect some cells on a worksheet, but still get external data on that same sheet? For now, I can put it on a different sheet, but I would like to have it all on one sheet. Todd Hi, You could try a macro to get the external data, if you have set pr...

Drawing points on a three colored chart region #2
Hi guys, I need to create a chart that shows a group of points, like: Axis x goes from 0.0% to 100% Axis y goes from 0.0% to 500% Point 1: x=5% y=30% Point 2: x=15% y=22% Point 3: x=25% y=75% Point 4: x=50% y=25% Point 5: x=60% y=80% This is easy to do in Excel, the problem is that I have to paint the chart region in three different colors, green, yellow and red in order to show to the user how critical is each point (depending on the color…). I must let the user to decide the limits of the region of each color. Is there any chance to achieve that in Excel? ...

Multline Tab Control with TCS_MULTILINE always empty
Hi ... I've been working with tab controls for a while now already, but this time I need to have a tab control that has multiple lines due to space contraints. I discovered the TCS_MULTILINE (Multiline) property and thought that this would solve my problem. Well, for some reason it's not working for me and I have no clue why. Basically, as soon as I set the type to multiline, the tabs themselves don't have any text in them (they're basically empty) and the control is not even multiline. Is there something that I am doing wrong? I tried clicking the option through the...

location of chart
The option to have the chart on the same sheet is not available. Why not? will need more information to even have a guess. "bludik" wrote: > The option to have the chart on the same sheet is not available. Why not? Is the sheet/workbook structure protected? -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <9A832669-4C00-40CE-A265-E4A9772CF20B@microsoft.com>, bludik@discussions.microsoft.com says... > The option to have the chart on the same sheet is not available. Why no...

Shading cells
I am using the grey shade on cells. However, in some instances the dark grey is ok, in other instances I would like to use a lighter grey. I do not see where you can go to advance options to either use RGB coding or modify the colors in the palette. Thanks, -- Mark You can change the indexed colors by clicking on Tools/Options on Excel's menu bar, selecting the Color tab, clicking a color you want to change in the grid of colors, then clicking the Modify button, then pick either an existing "Standard" color or a "Custom" color via the tabs at the top of the ...