How do i make two column graphs into one? on one axis

Help please

I want to plot data from two colum graphs on one axis, one vertically above
the other.
The y axis doesn't need to start at 0 again, just continue on from the one
below.

Anyone know ?
0
becks (10)

That's a stacked column chart. Select all the data and create a new chart
using this chart type, or take one of the single series charts, copy the
other data, select the chart, and use Paste Special (Edit menu) to add the
data as a new series. Then go to the Chart menu > Chart Type, and choose the
stacked column chart type.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"becks" <becks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Help please
>
> I want to plot data from two colum graphs on one axis, one vertically
> above
> the other.
> The y axis doesn't need to start at 0 again, just continue on from the one
> below.
>
> Anyone know ?

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
3/21/2008 1:58:07 PM
Ok probably needed to add more information. I really want to put the
information from both charts on the one axis but seperated.
so theres a normal column graph and the y axis just continues going up then
another group of columns higher with a gap in between them and the ones
below! So there could be another xaxis line there with no labels.
So say the bottom columns go to 20,000 , then the top columns would all
start at 25000.

Do i need to make a stacked column then blank out the the middle stack?

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

> That's a stacked column chart. Select all the data and create a new chart
> using this chart type, or take one of the single series charts, copy the
> other data, select the chart, and use Paste Special (Edit menu) to add the
> data as a new series. Then go to the Chart menu > Chart Type, and choose the
> stacked column chart type.
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> _______
>

> "becks" <becks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Help please
> >
> > I want to plot data from two colum graphs on one axis, one vertically
> > above
> > the other.
> > The y axis doesn't need to start at 0 again, just continue on from the one
> > below.
> >
> > Anyone know ?

0
becks (10)
3/21/2008 10:31:01 PM
> Do i need to make a stacked column then blank out the the middle stack?

Yep. Not hard, just use =25000-B2 to get the value of the invisible bar.

- Jon
-------

> Ok probably needed to add more information. I really want to put the
> information from both charts on the one axis but seperated.
> so theres a normal column graph and the y axis just continues going up
> then
> another group of columns higher with a gap in between them and the ones
> below! So there could be another xaxis line there with no labels.
> So say the bottom columns go to 20,000 , then the top columns would all
> start at 25000.
>
> Do i need to make a stacked column then blank out the the middle stack?
>
> "Jon Peltier" wrote:
>
>> That's a stacked column chart. Select all the data and create a new chart
>> using this chart type, or take one of the single series charts, copy the
>> other data, select the chart, and use Paste Special (Edit menu) to add
>> the
>> data as a new series. Then go to the Chart menu > Chart Type, and choose
>> the
>> stacked column chart type.
>>
>> - Jon
>> -------
>> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
>> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
>> Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com
>> _______
>>

>> "becks" <becks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Help please
>> >
>> > I want to plot data from two colum graphs on one axis, one vertically
>> > above
>> > the other.
>> > The y axis doesn't need to start at 0 again, just continue on from the
>> > one
>> > below.
>> >
>> > Anyone know ?

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Make Default

Tracking Inventory of One Item / Multiple Suppliers?
Hello. Trying to figure out if it's possible for RMS to report on / segragate inventory quantities if the same inventory item is from multiple suppliers (say 10 units of x from supplier a and 5 units of x from supplier b)...does RMS have this capability? Thanks in advance -- R. Mullen Clovis CA I suppose this could work for serialized items. "hitman" <hitman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB95016B-936B-46B4-AA19-A823FBE485F2@microsoft.com... > Hello. Trying to figure out if it's possible for RMS to report on / > segragate inventory quan...

making a transfer show up in the budget

Show buttons on one row grayed out
I am using OL 2003 and trying to customize it a bit. When I clicked the arrow at the end of the standard toolbar. I noticed the option to "Show buttons on one row". Unfortunately, I also noticed that it was grayed out, and unuseable. Both rows buttons could easily fit on one row. Could somebody tell me how to make use of the option to show them on one row? Thanks. Sorry, I was wanting it to put the standard toolbar and the advanced toolbar on the same row. I have now added most of the items of the advanced toolbar to the standard bar. That did the trick. "Bob S" ...

How do I create a second "y" axis on the right?
Derrick, Create a simple line chart as an example with the following data: Ser1 Ser2 a 1 4 b 2 3 c 3 4 In the clart plot area, double-click on the series called "Ser2". It should be the higher line of the two series. In the Format Data Series dialog box, go to the Axis tab. Choose the option "Plot series on: Secondary axis". ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "Derrick" wrote: > This works great in Excel 1997-03, but how do you do this in Excel 2007? Lost_in_Houston "John Mansfield" wrote: > Derrick, > > ...

Merging two tables
I have two tables in Access, and want to link each of them to a single table. If I use the File, Get External Data, Link Tables option, it creates two tables that are each linked to a single table. One way of solving this is to do as above, and then merge the two linked tables. How do I merge tables? Do the two tables have the same structure (fields and data types)? If so, you could use an append query to append one table's records to the other. Steve "Steven" wrote: > I have two tables in Access, and want to link each of them to a single table. > > If I use ...

Linking graphs to other spreadsheets
Hello All, I have two seperate workbooks, one of the two has graphs that pull data from the other file. If I only open the file with graphs, the data in the graph is accurate, but the axis on the bottom is not accurate (The bottom is a date format) If I open both files and then look at the graphs, the axis looks proper. Is there a way to link the files that I don't have to have both open to look at the graphs? -- Thank you for your time! John ...

making tickets

One use unabel to access Outlook webmail
I have a costumer that are running small biss 2003 with exchange. all are abole to read there mail throw outlook webmail except for one. we have tried changing her password, she is inn all the same groups as the others and she has outlook web enaboled as the other users. Any suggestion? What happens when she attempts to logon? Are there corresponding entries in the event logs? Nue "hans jacobsen" <hansjacobsen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:73BF4D97-67B6-4C45-9BE6-6D3DFB2AE7B6@microsoft.com... >I have a costumer that are running small biss 2003 with e...

AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE $$$

Combine Data from Two Tables Options
Our company has two databases, one for international customers and one for US customers. These two table contain the same fields but seperate data (see below). Is there any way I can creat a query to show me all the records? Is this possible Table 1 US Customers CustomerName SalesRep StartDate AAA111 A 01/01/08 BBB222 B 05/01/07 CCC333 C 01/01/07 Table 2 International Customers CustomerName SalesRep StartDate DDD444 ...

Macro to put data in a new column following specific characters
I need to create a macro that goes through a single column, and ever time a specific character set such as 3 periods "..." occurs anythin after the "..." is put into a new column. So say I have all of the following in column A: I go...to the...store I need it to turn into: Column A: I go Column B: to the Column C: store Thanks in advance, any help is GREATLY appreciated!! : -- as ----------------------------------------------------------------------- asf's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1493 View this thread: http://www.exce...

Generating third worksheet from two others
I have two worksheets, one called NETINCOME that has revenue and cost data. The other is SG&A that has other expenses. They have the same format in terms of rows and columns. I would like to create at third worksheet that would have the NETINCOME worksheet at the top and the SG&A worksheet below. I'd like to keep making changes in NETINCOME and SG&A and have them reflected in the combined sheet. Does anyone have a suggestion on how I could do this most easily? Thanks. Michael Hi Open a Blank workbook and NETINCOME. In the blank workbook, A1 type = and switch to NETINC...

Excel cut/paste prob: Adds one day and changes year to 2009
When I cut and paste a date into another worksheet, one day is added and the year is changed. For example, 2/5/05 will change to 2/6/09. I am using Office for Mac. How can I avoid this problem. It is compromising my reports and giving false information. The workbook you're copying from uses the WinXL default 1900 date system while your destination workbook is using the MacXL default 1904 date system. You can change the destination workbook system (Preferences/Calculation, uncheck the 1904 date system checkbox). Alternatively, you can enter 1462 in an empty cell. Copy the cell...

two exchange mailboxes in Outlook
Hi, This is my first post in your forum. I tried finding a solution for this in your newsgroup but I have been so far unsuccessful. We have Exchange 2000 running on a Windows 2000 Server. I have a user who is using Outlook 2003 and has her personal exchange mailbox configured for it as well as an additional mailbox for humanresources. What is happening is sometimes, she will receive messages destined to the humanresources mailbox that will go to her personal exchange mailbox. When I verify these messages, they have the humanresources e-mail address in the To: field. There ...

Rename the a column title
Hello, I want to rename the title of the "Task Name" column. I looked in the help and the provided solution was that I have to hide the column, then insert it again, and in the "Column definition" dialog box enter the desired title in the Title field. This works, however I noticed something funny. In the Field name list of the Column definition dialog box there is no "Task name" column, but only "Name". As the latter contains the same information as the first one this is not a big deal, but what should I do if I want to insert the same old &q...

Form does not display the same on two different PC's
I have a form set to display a blank record when it opens. This works on all the PC's except one. Is there something in the set up of Access on that PC that would affect this? What does the form show that is different on this computer? Is the database split with each user having a copy of the front end? Any other differences between the computers such as version of Access? -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "Taz" wrote: > I have a form set to display a blank record when it opens. This works on a...

How to make VLOOKUP work for this

four quadrant graph
I need to use EXEL to create a graph that shows 2 numbers at an x and y axis like (9,2) This should get you started http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartWizard.html "awdgurl" <awdgurl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B0F0AA20-5749-46DE-862B-2455244963E6@microsoft.com... > I need to use EXEL to create a graph that shows 2 numbers at an x and y axis > like (9,2) Assuming you set up four points like this: 9 2 2 2 5 12 7 3 The number 9 is in cell A1 and 2 is in cell B2. The remaining numbers fall below. Click on cell A1. Then, click ...

Can these two programs run simultaneously...
Hello all, I know Microsoft Money 2004 and 2006 can not be running at the same time on the same PC, but is it possible to have Microsoft Money 2006 Deluxe edition running at the same time as Microsoft Office Small Business Accounting 2006? They will be working on different accounts 1 personal and 1 business, I'm just curious if that's even possible? Thanks, Shhhh They are not linked in anyway so it should without any problem Steve "Shhhh" <123@456.com> wrote in message news:VLydneDa_YEYrdnYnZ2dnUVZ_sednZ2d@comcast.com... > Hello all, > > I know Micr...