How do I make a chart based upon time sheets?

I have the data as follows:
Name     Time In     Time Out    Time In    Time Out  (to account for lunch
breaks).  What I want to do is create a chart that graphically shows how many
people are in the building at any given time.  So I want the times on the
bottom and the person's name on the vertical axis, and then have a line that
runs across the cells that the person is on the clock.  Any ideas?
Thanks.
0
Kevin0612 (1)

Inserting charts into many workbooks
Hi, I'm using Excel 2007 and am pretty new to VBA. I have a folder with 40 or so workbooks- all with the same worksheet table format. The worksheets are huge (20 000 + rows, 50 or so columns). I need to open a workbook, make several fully formatted graphs, then insert the same graphs into every workbook , updated them with that workbooks' data. Any ideas on code for this? This isn't fully automated, but it will save some time. In one workbook, create the chart and format it to your specs. Then paste the chart into another workbook, and use the utility linked to i...

Setting series values on Excel Chart

How do I make a 'box and whisker plot' graph in Microsoft Excel?
I am in Year 12 and am doing a stats assignment. The project states that i MUST insert a box and whisker plot for some data, but i don't know how to do this. Does anybody know? Hi, Here are some sites on the topic of stats charting not just box and whisker. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/statscharts.html http://www.processtrends.com/toc_statistical_charts.htm http://tushar-mehta.com/publish_train/data_analysis/16.htm http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme/ExcelTips.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Year 12 student who needs help" &...

Ho to make one field required based on critera of another field?
I'm creating a form and need to make the "comments" field required if the "code" field is =>20. I appreciate suggestions! Deadline Monster is lurking! User enters the job processing endcode value (numeric) into the "code" field. If the endcode is =>20, comments are required. (P.S. I don't know VB) Thanks! Star You would put your validation code in the Form's BeforeUpdate event. If Me.EndCode >19 Then If Len(Me.Comments & "") = 0 Then MsgBox "Comments are required" Cancel = True End If End If ...

How do I make hyperlink target scroll to the top-left of spreadshe
I can't remember the setting to make Excel automatically scroll my hyperlinked cell to the top-left. For example, if my hyperlink is in cell A1 and the hyperlink destination is cell Z30, when you click the hyperlink in A1 the cell Z30 is now displayed in the top-left of the spreadsheet. It seems like there was a checkbox in the Options dialog box, but now I can't find it. I did this awhile ago, but forgot to write down the information. Hi Lori Tools>Options On the Transition tab Transition navigations keys -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Lori W....

How to create a ledger sheet
Hello. I have a database with the following tables:Customers, Orders, and PaymentsThe Customers table has a one-to-many relationship with the Orderstable. The Customers table also has a one-to-many relationship withthe Payments table.I am trying to create what I think is commonly called a ledger sheet.This sheet simply shows the dollar amount of every order that anindividual customer has placed (debits) and every payment that thecustomer has made (credits). It also shows a running balance. Entriesare shown in chronilogical order.I am having trouble creating a report that would draw debits from...

Printing Multiple Receipts at a Time From Journal
Hey guys, Is there a way to print multiple journaled receipts at a time? Say all receipts for a batch or by date or other criteria? Thanks Tom, Not that I've seen. -- = Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on "Open with newsreader" under the MS Retail Management System on the right. http://tinyurl.com/75bgz ========== "Tom Bombadill" <Genius_pos...

How do I set the number format to Base 12?
I would like to change the number format on my spreadsheet from Base 10 to Base 12, eg. 12 bottles makes up 1 case. Therefore, if I were adding up three different cells 9 bottles + 11 bottles + 6 bottles, my result should be 2 cases 2 bottles if possible 2.2 in a case column. See http://www.cpearson.com/excel/fractional.htm for details. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Andrew Moore" <AndrewMoore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:893CABE9-37D7-4E6B-8A7E-A5E679C8C824@microsoft.com... >...

making an equation in access
Hi, I would like to create a field that works out a formula based on other fields. i.e field z=field4, when field 1<field 2 - field 3 etc. Yes, it may be a silly question but I am only new to this....Thanks, Dani. Dani, recommend against creating a "field" in a table and storing this value. One of the generally accepted rules of relational database development is not to store a "computed" (any value that is based on the value of other fields in your database) value in the table. It is a waste of database space, and will eventually result in bad data (...

I get COMException while exporting chart on IIS 6.0.
I have this code that works perfectly on my development machine when I deployed it at customer site it gets exception. Here is the error and my code: thanks error ========== Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC. Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the c...

chart line style problem
I am making a scatter chart (with lines) in Excel 2007 under Vista. I can select a line style, for example, long dashes. However, if I try to change the axis (change from "automatic" to "fixed" on the horizontal axis), the line on the chart immediately becomes solid again. The legend still shows the proper dashing. I can get the dashing partly back by making the line thinner, but only where the variation is fastest - regions where the derivative is near zero are still solid even for thin lines. I'll appreciate any help! frank I was not able to reproduce this. Can you...

formula to get sheet name
hi, can a formula retreive a worksheet name or does it need to be macro based? thanks, N.S. Hi Nigel, This formula that takes care of the possible situation whereby you have only one sheet in the workbook and its name is the same as the workbook's. Note: CELL("filename") will only work if the file has been saved at least once and if the file is opened in a different language system, the argument "filename" will need to be changed manually to the corresponding word (e.g. in Spanish "nombrearchivo"): =LOOKUP(REPT("z",255),SUBSTITUTE(MID(CE...

Inconsistent Chart Sizing Into PPT
Can't get charts to paste into PowerPoint with consistent size. To test, I expanded (using the corner handles) two charts to exactly fill the screen. When I copy/paste each chart into an individual slide in PowerPoint, one is noticibally larger than the other. Is there a way to make the charts the same size and paste the same size? I have an article on this in the works, due out in about 24 months, the rate I'm going. A. Use embedded charts, and use Copy Picture (hold shift while selecting Edit menu, os Copy turns to Copy Picture) with On Screen and As Picture options. B. ...

Charting dynamic range
Ok let me say i fully understand how to name a range and in the source data use the formula =sheetname!rangename Problem arrises when my macro that runs an advanced filter with the source data and add data to the bottom of the range the chart reverts back to it's initial data source =sheet1!$a$4:$b$15 so even though it accept the named range intitailly once the advanced filter runs it almost ommits the named range. I am using 2007 and i never had this problem in 2003. What suggestions do you have for me? Thank you!!!!! -- Thank you, Jennifer ...

Time Delayed Response to MsgBox
I have a several "research" files that I set up to run a macro as soon as a file is opened. In each case the macro retrieves and summarizes a bunch of data taking several minutes to execute. I'm setting up a "master" file with a simple macro that will open and close each of the "research" files sequentially so I can run the series of reports without being at the computer for hours. There are times where I want to open a "research" file to review the data but not execute the macro. I'd like to add a MsgBox that prompts the user t...

Attendence sheet
Does anybody has Attendence excel file which i can use for tracking attendence. Nitin, see if one of these will work for you http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/results.aspx?Scope=TC&Query=Attendence -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Nitin Kamurlekar" <knitin@lucent.com> wrote in message news:OBTmCZ28GHA.1492@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Does anybody has Attendence excel file which i can use for t...

Default font in charts
Is there any way to change the default font in charts? ie, I'd like every axis and title to be 16pt Times New Roman right off the bat. Thanks. Alex "Alex" <Alex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6096B69F-DCF5-4BB8-8158-433A4A416053@microsoft.com... > Is there any way to change the default font in charts? ie, I'd like every > axis and title to be 16pt Times New Roman right off the bat. Thanks. Set up a chart the way you want it to look. Right-click in its chart area and choose Chart Type. Click the Custom Types tab and hit the "set as default...

Can't insert rows
I am using Excel 2007 and have just loaded a spreadsheet created in a previous version which is running in Compatibility mode. When I try to insert a row I get an message "Cannot shift objects off sheet". How do I insert rows on this sheet? No problem with another workbook loaded at the same time which was created in 2007. See if this helps http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=211769 "Cannot shift objects off sheet" error message when you hide columns in Excel -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my...

Run-time error 1004
I am using Excel 97 on NT and have a command button on a sheet to whic I attached a macro for copying the sheet to a new workbook, deletin specific columns and other unnecessary info, and saving the new book t a network drive under a name with today's date for emailing to anothe area. When I perform the function manually everything works beautifully bu when I attempt to execute the macro I get the following error "Run-time error '1004': Copy method of worksheet class failed". when use the Debug button, VBA highlights Sheets("Daily").Copy as th culprit. Macro f...

Dynamic chart labels
I am using a dynamic bar chart and want to add a label to an individua data point. Is there a way to do this so that the label follows th data point as the chart updates -- danoPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup acces A datalabel will follow the datapoint and update as appropriate. To add data labels to a series, double click the series and click on the Data Labels tab. To add data labels to a single point, select the series then the point (two single clicks), then double click on the point, and again click on the Data Labels tab. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Ex...

show last data point in chart
Hello, I am charting a range of observations/data points. Is there a way to make the last data point show up differently on the chart (different color/shape)? Thank you. Nathan - > I am charting a range of observations/data points. Is there a way to make the last data point show up differently on the chart (different color/shape)? < Click the charted data once to select the entire data series. Pause. Click the single point to select it. Then use the Format menu. - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com Thanks for your reply. Well, that would work if I knew which point on the chart ...

Excel
Hi, I would like to know if there is a way to set up when I enter the data each cells on first row, it will default the date and time stamp on first row. 2nd row should have the different date and time stamp than 1st row. I put "=now()" but it create the same date and time for 80 rows. I don't want that. I want to enter each rows and each rows should be different by one minute apart but same date - June 22. Your help would be much appreciated. Thanks Format A1:A79 as Custom dd-mmm-yy h:mm Select A1 Hold down CTRL Key and hit semi-colon key then <space> bar. Sti...