How do I link data workbooks to a create a graph?

I am attempting to take workbooks from the last 4 months, each with a daily
data sheet, and link Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, etc. to time of day and
staffing levels.  I want the final result to be charts that show the
relationship between staffing levels, incoming call volume, and time of day.
0
Andrea (160)

hi Andrea,

Many things are possible in Excel & I'd say that you could probably
find a way of linking all the workbooks. However, I think any "easier"
approach would involve opening each file & copying the data from each
sheet in each file to a single sheet in one file (with an extra column
identifying the original source) so it can become a single source of
data for charting (ie a "database" approach).

This approach will make it easier for grouping your data in various
ways such as by day, week, month or quarter etc. It can be done by
creating a macro that will do all the repetitive consolidation
automatically. To do this we need some more details though...

Are all files in the same folder?
If so, are there any other files in the folder?
Do the monthly files contain sheets for every day of the month or just
the weekdays?
Do all the sheets have the same layout (ie number of header rows, same
columns, how many rows - same or variable between sheets*)?
What is the naming convention of the sheets?
Are there any other sheets in each file?
* If it is it likely that the total amount of rows would be more than
65,536 rows (Excel 97-2003) or 1 million (Excel 2007) then some
precautions can/need to be added into the macro code.

The below link shows an example of consolidating single sheeted files:
'Excel programming Re: Consolidate Workbooks with Single header Row'
(http://tinyurl.com/mv547t)

Rob

--
broro183

Rob Brockett. Always learning & the best way to learn is to
experience...
broro183's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=333
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=105363

Change link between form and subform

Microsoft CRM Data Migration Framework
Hi All, We have Microsoft CRM 1.2 installed. Its up and running without any problems. We installed Microsoft CRM Data Migration Framework but I guess it is for CRM version 1.0 (The CD came with Microsoft CRM 1.0 the first time when we bought it). My question is can I update the Migration Framework so that it will work with CRM 1.2 or is there all together new Migration Framework available for download which works with CRM 1.2. Thanks, Prasad This is the error I am getting when I try to initialize CDF database. Microsoft CRM Data Migration Framework Version 1.0 - InitializeCDF Too...

Difficult in creating a macro
I am having difficulty in creating a section of a macro. I need to be able to copy and paste a range of cells from one area to another. The copied area of cells needs to be such that when I push CTRL-ArrowUp from below it, that it goes to the first actual number instead of the first copied cell. I have tried <Copy> and then <Paste Special> and checked only the values box, but this still results in the cursor moving only to the bottom-most copied cell instead of the bottom-most cell with an actual number in it. I need to do this so that I can make charts that accurately reflect...

Linked Forms

how do i copy a chart to another workbook
I just upgraded to Office 2007. In 2003 I was able to select move or copy on a chart and select copy and select another workbook, and copy the chart to that workbook. It doesn't work in 2007. What do I do? ...

Post URL
Hey, I have been informed that it is possible to use the Post URL to create a case via a workflow. If anyone has an idea on how to do this, it would be greatly appreciated. Rgds Jefferson ...

Legacy Data
Has anyone migrated from Lawson to GP (or another accounting product)? If so, what have you done with your legacy data? If you mean the raw data still in the old program, burn it on DVD's and put it in the firebox. Mike "Siri" <Siri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:759D2ADF-92E9-4157-A7B2-13A259341A50@microsoft.com... > Has anyone migrated from Lawson to GP (or another accounting product)? If > so, what have you done with your legacy data? > Import - Master DAta - GL Summary transactions - Open Receivables and Payables Try and do as lit...

Mail merge using Excel data
Using P2003 and mail merge In Pub, whenever my "zipcode" field (that I am getting from an Excel file) has zip +4 digits, "0" shows up in the Pub merge results. In the Excel file, I have tried having the column attributes set as Custom, Text, and others to see if that was causing the problem, but still the same results. How can I get the zip + 4 to display correctly in the Pub merge? Thanks much for your help. Try inserting an apostrophe before the figures in Excel. This tells Excel that the cell contains text. Does this work for you? -- Rae Drysdale "ladyt...

Office 2010
I am just starting Office 2010 Beta and workbooks are a crappy gray --how to change? Try posting to the Office 2010 forums: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/office2010 -- Susan Ramlet -- please reply to the newsgroup so all may benefit. "JohnBee" <JohnBee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A98B3E10-6538-48F7-9CF1-0089F1C10CBB@microsoft.com... > I am just starting Office 2010 Beta and workbooks are a crappy gray --how > to > change? ...

linking #4

Text on cart based on data in a cell
I have a chart on a separate sheet witch is based on a filtered list on another sheet. I would like to label my chart to show witch filter as been applied, is this possible? (Ho, and if so, how would I do it?) Thanks for any help. Select the chart, press the equal key, then select the cell with a mouse. This adds a text box in the middle of the chart, which you can move around and format as needed. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Ant wrote: > I have a chart on a separate s...

Links not linking

Linked Table Manager in ACCESS

How can I create a chart to compare multiple data series?
Using Excel, is there a way to merge multiple charts with different data series into one to demonstrate a direct comparison of the data series within one single chart. I've got 4 charts of the stacked column type. magnoliak77 Tufte calls them small multiples, Cleveland calls them trellis displays. I call them panel charts. Take a look at the examples on this page. http://processtrends.com/toc_panel_charts.htm Another option is to stick with your 4 charts, however, you can size and align them. Here's a link to a simple macro that sizes and aligns all charts on a single sheet....

Creating Email Address Book/contacts under public folder
Hi, We are using Exchange 2003 Enterprise. I wanted to create a Address Book/contacts that would show up under the public folders in outlook. Is that done from the server or from Outlook and how would it be done? Thanks. Mitch It is done using Outlook client. When you create a public folder you can choose the items that folder will contain. Contacts is one choice. -- Gustavo Del Grosso Laboratorios Andrómaco Gerencia de Tecnología gustavodelgrosso@hotmail.com "mitch" wrote: > Hi, > We are using Exchange 2003 Enterprise. I wanted to create a Address > ...

links

Sharing Data Between Computers
I have Outlook 2003 on my desktop computer and my laptop computer, which are connected with a router, and are both running Windows XP. I would like the laptop computer to be able to use the Outlook data from the desktop computer when it's on the network. I went to File | Date File Management, and added the desktop computer's PST file to the Outlook.pst file that was already there. However, the desktop computer's data didn't appear in the laptop's copy of Outlook. Is there something else I need to do, or do I need to have Exchange running on my home network to get thi...

moving data from one db to another
I have a pretty general question about what might be the best way to handle this. I need to write a watcher program to export flagged rows in an MSSQL 2005 db out to a MySQL db. After each row is copied, I need to reset the flag in the source. I'm wondering if anyone could tell me what the best process for this would be. Looping through all the rows in the source one at a time and then posting them one at a time seems like the wrong way to go. There's a lot of vb.net that I don't know so I'm thinking there might be a better, simpler way to do this. Initially there...

All day event data type
What is the data type for an "all day event in Outlook". I would like to use Access to help automate my need to enter a weekend on call schedule. These events are allways allday. I have seen an example of doing this for regular appointments, but not for all day events. Also, in the outlook.application.(value) what is the value called for an all day event? Thanks AllDayEvent is boolean, it is either true or false. Check out http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa211368(office.11).aspx HTH, JP On Jan 20, 3:02=A0am, GeraldF <m...@somewhere.com> wrote: > What is t...

Link To A Cell From Chart

How can I create and display a chart dynamically on a UserForm wi.
I am trying to create charts dynamically using VBA and Excel. The data being plotted will change frequently, and my client wants to interface only with the user form, and not the worksheet itself. I know that you can use the MSChart control to do this in VB6, but I was wondering if there is a similar control for use with Excel and VBA. If so, any additional info on how to use it would be much appreciated. Thanks. I think it's an incredibly dumb idea to want to interface only with a userform (and sacrifice the flexibility of direct access to a chart). Maybe, you can convince your c...

Linked Tables Over A LAN

Accountextensionbase missing data ? Help
Hi I have a customer who has moved CRM 3.0 to new server by them self and I have converted it to CRM 4.0 Now they have made some custom fields and we are able to save data in these fields on new accounts but not on the old ones. We can save data in the old fields. I then took a look at the database and there is only fields in the accountextensionsbase since after they moved the database. How can I fix this ? They can merge each to a new customer but that would take a long time. Can I do a insert into with data from the Account table or is there another solution ? ...

Links

converting cell data / opposite?
Hello Excel gurus... I have a cell/column containing a persons name: John Doe I'd like to convert cell/column to read: Doe, John What formula is used in order to make this happen? I've tried left/right/len commands out the wazzoo (technical word) - I give... uncle.... Any help? Jorge Hi Jorge in another cell use =RIGHT(C14,FIND(" ",C14)-1) &", " & LEFT(C14,FIND(" ",C14)) where C14 has the original data in it Cheers JulieD "Jorge" <czar1259@netscape.net> wrote in message news:10k0ptons6i6e4c@corp.supernews.com... > Hell...