How do I justify/align tick mark labels on a horizontal bar chart?

I'm doing a bar graph of survey question responses; the questions are long so
they word-wrap, but they seem to be "center" aligned so the formatting looks
bad.  Can I left or right-justify them?
0
blinko (2)

Yet another property of axis labels that Excel will not trust us with.

Some people would hide the default axis labels (double click the axis,
find the appropriate "None" on the Patterns tab) and replace them with
textboxes. Easiest way to add a textbox that's linked to a cell? Select
the chart, type an equals sign, then click on the cell. Now format and
position it.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

blinko wrote:

> I'm doing a bar graph of survey question responses; the questions are long so
> they word-wrap, but they seem to be "center" aligned so the formatting looks
> bad.  Can I left or right-justify them?

Change color of tool bar icons
Some time ago I found a process to change the color of the icons on my toolbar - can't find how to do it. Thanks Click View > Toolbars > Customise. A dialogue box will open - ignore it. What you're looking for is to right-click the button you want to alter and choose Edit Button Image. "budcof" wrote: > Some time ago I found a process to change the color of the icons on my > toolbar - can't find how to do it. Thanks ...

Aligning Sheet Tabs in Excel
I have a spreadsheet at work, that has about 30-40 different sheets, and a main suppliers sheet. When i click on a supplier, it takes me to the first Sheet of that supplier (there are about 5 sheets per supplier). To get to the next sheet, i have to scroll the whole document left to reveal the tabs. This is because, when i clicked on the link to the first sheet of that supplier, it aligns the tab to the right, rather than the left. Is there a setting that i can change that will align the current tab to the left of the screen, and not the right? Many thanks for any help regards Neal -- ...

Status bar in Word 2007
The Status bar at the bottom of the screen does not always display and when it does, it doesn't update properly (section numbers, etc doesn't display properly). Its an intermittent problem - sometimes it works fine. Hi GPoole, Probably a problem with your PC's display driver. Try finding and installing the latest updates. -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "GPoole" <GPoole@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:469E519C-ABB0-455F-92D3-D42507BCDD98@microsoft.com... > The Status bar at the bottom of the screen does not always...

Adding Trendline To Just Some of the Bars in Chart
Is it possible to add a trendline to just some of the bars in a chart? Suppose each bar represents a month, and you wanted to just show a trendline beginning with a month that wasn't the first month in the chart. Is this possible? Thanks, Carroll Rinehart Add the desired points as another data series and have XL calculate the trendline for this series. You can always format the series so that it appears invisible. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <1140795679.754703.3...

office desktop docking bar
Prior to my computer crash/recovery, I had a MS Office application docking bar on my desktop where I could drag and drop shortcuts to a variety of applications thereby reducing the clutter on my desktop while giving me easy access to those apps I used most frequently. I would like to recover that if possible Are you using WindowsXP? If so then you need to get your QuickLaunch icons on your taskbar. To do this you need to right-Click on your taskbar and then select Properties. Now you will get a window opening with Taskbar as your chosen tab. On that window you will see 5 che...

Incorrect price printing on labels
Hello, We printed labels for items the other day and the wrong price printed on the label for two of the items in the label run. We have two stores, one set up as a warehouse. The price was correct in both store databases, and in Headquarters Manager. We are running RMS 1.3. Does anyone have an idea or suggestion about where this incorrect price came from? Apparently, it was an old price, but we cannot find reference to it in SOM or HQM. Thank you for your help. Brenda ...

Crop out extra white space in chart
Hi everyone, I've created a stacked bar chart in excel 2007 but there is too much white space to the right of the chart. I try to click on the surrounding box to try to crop out the white space but this just squashes the chart and its text. Can someone tell me if there's a way to crop out the extra white space without effecting the size and proportions of the chart itself? Appreciate any help. Have you tried dragging the right border of the plot area? best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "gwh" <...

How can I save an other route in my Tools bar-options-save? IT al.
I try to use the "Tools- options" and to direct a saving or retrieving file from a specific route but each time the refer me to a old route Saying "cannot access directory d\donnée ancien ordinateur\..." without giving the choice to change the latter. If I try an other options as "tools-options-general", the same notation appear without giving any choice. In brief, it is impossible to modify the tools-options in the Excel program. How can I change it ? I already reinstall the program without success... "Michel" <Michel@discussions.microso...

How do I get a consistent justified text alignment?
Some paragraphs of justified text display different to others. Some display very well whereas others stretch a few words out across a whole line and look hideous. Why is it that it works nicely in some parts of the document and not in others? Turn on Special Characters (�). You may have a soft return (shift+enter) or an errant tab. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Karyn" <Karyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AF8CA8F6-DD06-4942-82AB-D341DA6D3787@microsoft.com... > Some paragraphs of justified text display different to others. ...

tool bar button
Hi all, Could someone tell me how I could assign a function which is loaded with an add-in (*.xla) to a tool bar button. The function is to paste a date-time stamp value. The idea is that the function will be always available, via the tool bar button, in any workbook I do open. I cant figure out how to do this, while in Word it is quit simple via the "Normal.dot" template. Thx, for any help on this one. Ludovic Here is the macro. Sub NOWTIME() ActiveCell.Value = Format(Now(), "dd mmm yyyy h:mm:ss AM/PM") End Sub Store it in a module in a new workbook. A...

Set sale pricing; ; 25.00% marked up from cost
Using this scheme, I wanted it to be reported to MS that there is an issue here, the marked up from cost is not the correct 25%...you can set the % to whatever, it just doesn't work! -- Thank You Vince :) ...

Adding a control line to excel chart without showing up in the leg
How can I add a control line, (such as average, ucl, lcl), to an excel bar or line chart and not have the control line series show up in the chart legend, or data table? Any sugestions would be greatly appreciated. -- thanks tweaver On Sat, 15 Sep 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, TWeaver <TWeaver@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >How can I add a control line, (such as average, ucl, lcl), to an excel bar or >line chart and not have the control line series show up in the chart legend, >or data table? Single-click twice on the legend entry for the control line, and ...

Outlook 2003 Marked as Read
When I ran Outlook/OfficeXP Pro - as I received email the new mail was highlighted in bold / black and after I scrolled thru it, clicked on it, or opened it, the message un-bolded. I migrated to Office Pro 2003 because Sharepoint is not integrated to XP Office (linked events, etc). Now new mail comes in and the envelope icon appears. I literally have to open it for it to be marked as read. Where is the option to have new mail in bold and marked as read without having to open it or physically click "Marked as read"? I looking for the mail option like I had in all prev...

Link To A Cell From Chart

? Both Help Box AND Minimize Box in Title Bar of MFC Dialog App
Hi, I assume that this question has been asked before but since I can't find it anywhere... How can you put both a question-mark context-sensitive help button AND a Minimize/Maximize Box in the title bar of a Dialog mode MFC app? Thanks -- Alec asoroudi@synetech.cjb.net ...

How do I change column into lines on a Line-Column chart?
I want to create a chart with three columns and one line using two axis. Any help would be useful. Thanks Hi Ken, Create a column chart based on all your data. Select the series that you want as line and right click it. Choose Chart Type and change it to Line. Now double click the new line so you can change the Axis value to secondary. Cheers Andy Ken wrote: > I want to create a chart with three columns and one line using two axis. Any > help would be useful. > > Thanks -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

How do I type in a tab label and get that tab to be selected?
I want to put a list of parts that go into an assembly into a data base (excel or access) and to be able to easily retreve that list. The idea is to type in the number of the assembly and have that data appear on screen. Any suggestions would be helpful. You can set up you Parts Detail Table in say A1:L100 on Sheet1, then if you type a part number in A1 of sheet2, you could make the data in the second column of your data table appear in B1 on sheet2 by entering in B2 =IF(A1="","",VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!$A$1:$L$100,2,FALSE)) You might also want to put it in Access and d...

How do I print labels from an existing excel spreadsheet?
I have an address directory set up as an excel spreadsheet with each line of the address in a new column. I have seen people print labels directly from a spreadsheet like this, but I don't know the steps. Any help out there? Use Word's mail merge facility, with the Excel file as the data source: Mail merge Excel to Word: a.. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm b.. http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge -- David Biddulph "bnten" <bnten@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E05FAD13-0136-4769-8419-93D628A37D1A@microsoft....

The best method for forumlas and charts???
Hello all, I'm looking for suggestions on the best way to go about getting the information I want to display in a chart. Depending on the response, I may also need help implementing the suggestion. Here's what I want to do: On Sheet3 I have a range of data, for example: Columns A B C D 20-Sep R Y G 21-Sep Y n/a R 22-Sep n/a G Y 23-Sep R R n/a On Sheet7, I want to have 16 line graph charts that...

number format
hi (1st time here) i wish to align all decimal points in a table column containin numbers, and center the number with highest number of digits. what i d is i format the number as: ?,???,??? (that's for example - if the largest number in that column i 1,234,567) the problem is with negative numbers - the minus sign appears far fro the number, in small numbers. in the previous example, i could get: - 1,234 (instead of -1,234) hope i'm clear and thanks yai ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet mess...

Justifying Text
I'd like to be able to wrap a 2 word header, have the second (bottom) word right justified in the cell but the first (top) word centred above the second word. I can manage it by padding the first word with character colours matching the background, is there a better way of doing it? "Book End" <book@end.invalid> wrote... >I'd like to be able to wrap a 2 word header, have the second (bottom) word >right justified in the cell but the first (top) word centred above the >second word. >I can manage it by padding the first word with character colours matc...

alignment problems when copying excel graphs to word
I'm trying to copy an excel graph into a word doc and when I print the pages with excel graphs the doc prints the graphs way out of alignment, compared to the text. Any suggestions. Thanks -- petevang ------------------------------------------------------------------------ petevang's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25034 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=487033 Do the copy/paste as picture. You can always re-size and re-shape pictures to print to your liking. -- Gary's Student "petevang"...

Creating a combination chart using cluster column & stacked bar t.
I need to create a combination chart, using cluster column and stacked bar types. I need to "cluster" two columns side by side without space in between, with stacked bars within each of these columns. Then, have space along the x axis, and have 2 more columns clustered made up of stacked bars within. I am charting 2 years side by side, with different types of data within the columns, so need to stack/segment the column. How do I create and combination chart, and how do I select these 2 types to combine together? HELP, PLEASE?!? If you stagger your data, you can create sid...

3D Pie Chart!
Hi All, I have been playing around with drawing Pie Chart for sometime...I thank you all fro feedbacks...Final goal is to render a 3D chart? How I do accomplish that? just like Windows. TIA -- ======== Regards Vai ======== Send me email. I'll send you my (trivial, one-segment) 3D pie source code. You should be able to generalize it. joe On Sun, 16 May 2004 19:29:33 -0400, "Vai2000" <vai@onebox.com> wrote: >Hi All, I have been playing around with drawing Pie Chart for sometime...I >thank you all fro feedbacks...Final goal is to render a 3D chart? How I do ...

Count Tick Marks from Code given by Jacob Skaria
I got this code from Jacob and now I need to know how to tally the columns and give a percentage of how many "x" marks were made. I am using Excel 2007, and no absolutely nothing about code, except maybe how to paste. Here is the code: Another workaround with fonts. Single click on any range to check/uncheck. 1. In the required range (suppose ColD) in all cells enter small letter "e". 2. Select all cells in that range and change the font to Marlett. 3. Adjust the column width to look like a square check box 4. Right click on the sheet tab and hit view code. Pas...