How do I graph a melting point calibration curve?

I have a theoretical values of three compunds and I got experimental values.
I am trying to graph them and it does not work
Here are the values of temp:
EXPERIMENTAL:    x-axis
80 C
109.5
127.5
THEORETICAL:      y-axis
80
109.5
132.7
I cannot graph these values. Does anybody have any suggestions?
0
Nancy (67)

What do you mean when you say "I cannot graph these values"?  What did you
try, and what happened that you did not like?

Are all of the values numeric?  "80 C" looks like it is likely text.

Jerry

"NANCY" wrote:

> I have a theoretical values of three compunds and I got experimental values.
> I am trying to graph them and it does not work
> Here are the values of temp:
> EXPERIMENTAL:    x-axis
> 80 C
> 109.5
> 127.5
> THEORETICAL:      y-axis
> 80
> 109.5
> 132.7
> I cannot graph these values. Does anybody have any suggestions?
0
post_a_reply (1395)
9/9/2006 11:49:01 AM
Make an XY chart not a Line chart.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"NANCY" <NANCY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a theoretical values of three compunds and I got experimental
>values.
> I am trying to graph them and it does not work
> Here are the values of temp:
> EXPERIMENTAL:    x-axis
> 80 C
> 109.5
> 127.5
> THEORETICAL:      y-axis
> 80
> 109.5
> 132.7
> I cannot graph these values. Does anybody have any suggestions?

0
bliengme5824 (3040)

Make lines on a graph appear with a button
All, I need to create a graph with 40 or so lines graphed but only one up o the graph at a time with the use of buttons. I would really appreciat a hand, I am very new to this level of Excel. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Select all the data, and create a line chart Select a cell in the table Choose Data>Filter>AutoFilter From the dropdown list in one of the heading cells, select an item The chart will display the data for that item geistritter < wrote: > I need to create a graph with 40 or so lines graphed but only one up on > the graph at a tim...

decimal point override does not work
I have fixed decimal point option on, but when I want to override the fixed decimal point by placing a "." after the number I enter, it still places the decimal point. For example: I want to enter the number 4,655.00 so I type "4655." and I get 46.55. I do still want the fixed decimal point, but when I have numbers that are #.00 I do not want to have to add "00" to every number. type '4655 single quote in the beginning onlyu AL <AL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EE2DD9E5-9C64-4CF1-82C6-AE3BEA18E1FA@microsoft.com... > I hav...

Column chart not displaying some data points
I'm trying to create a column chart out of data that looks like this: x-axis y-axis 1/3/06 300 1/9/06 600 1/31/06 250 2/23/06 1000 3/12/06 50 3/22/06 450 ....and so on. The number of data points per month varies. I'm using 1-Month units in the scale of my x-axis, so my Jan. column should read 1150, Feb. should be 1000, Mar. should be 500, etc. Problem is, Excel omits some of the data points, so the Jan. column says 900, and Mar. says 50. But on some other months, it counts all the data points in the month and shows the correct total for the month. I've trie...

Prediction Graphs
How do i make a graph predict the next value from 3 tables with info eg Table 1 has 5$ profit Table 2 has 3$ profit Table 3 has 8$ Profit how do i make a graph which predicts the next set of values from these values? -- peabushmartin ------------------------------------------------------------------------ peabushmartin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27399 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=469414 The mechanics of getting a chart to predict future values is easy. Chart your data in the desi...

point of intersection of two lines on line chart
Hello, is there a way to locate the exact point of intersection of two lines on line chart?? Dave - Andy Pope has a helpful web page: http://andypope.info/charts/intersection.htm - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ Dave wrote: > Hello, is there a way to locate the exact point of intersection of two lines on line chart?? ...

XY scatter graph
How do I attach dates to data points when the x&y values are not dates? Hi, One way is to use Rob Bobey's free addin, Chart Labeler. http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm Cheers Andy gps tech wrote: > How do I attach dates to data points when the x&y values are not dates? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Graph within a graph
I am looking to have a pie chart show general information and then have another pie chart show a section of the origional in greater detail. Is this possible? Have you tried using a Pie in Pie chart? "Jen Kulak" wrote: > I am looking to have a pie chart show general information and then have > another pie chart show a section of the origional in greater detail. Is this > possible? That is what I am trying to figure out how to do. I know where the option is, but for some reason I cannot figure out how to enter the data correctly. "Barb R." wrote: &g...

how to highlight a cell so I know which point on the chart it is?
Hi, I am curious to see if anybody could create a visual relationship between a point on the chart and the data cell. Let's say if we have 1000 points on the chart, when I point to one of them--it will show the values--but I still have no idea where the point actually comes from. Or on the other hand, when I try to hightlight some cells using formats, the best thing is to see the points on the chart also being highlighted in some way. Thanks for any hints there. Windson: I am not sure whether I can help you here. If you select a data point and you move it Excel pops up a Goal Seek...

sales graphs
How can I create a graph that would show sales/dept on the Y axis and years or months on the X axis? use a pivot chart/table in excel. You must create a datasource forst. "irene" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:260801c5113c$6dd4a6d0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How can I create a graph that would show sales/dept on > the Y axis and years or months on the X axis? ...

Resizing Graphs
I have problems with Excel when there are tons of graphs i hve to create with all the graphs being on one page. Having to resize all of them when they are all ALREADY different sizes is a pain. I know how to hold down the control key and select them and resize them all at once, but some or still larger than others unless i resize them individually. Is there a way to make them all the same height adn width some how? or is this just a dream? Must i resize all of them individually? I personally use an add-in (.xla) which includes the following code (you can pick up the size of a chart with ctrl...

Creating a Line graph
I have data that I want to put in a simple line graph: The data is A B 23 200 87 500 I mark the 6 cells, select insert chart / line and get a chart with both A and B labels on the x axis. I go to "select data source" and try "switch row/column" and get A and B as series names in the legend. How do I get the label A and the values 23 and 87 on the x axis, and label B and values 200 and 500 on the y axis please? (Congratulations Microsoft for making something that was so easy and powerful in Excel 2003 an absolutely primitive disgrace...

How do I show the maximum point on a scatterplot chart?
I NEED TO NO ALMOST INSTANTLY! ANSWER AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! Thanks Since the request to "know almost instantly" is almost 12 hours old, I suspect the need is past. However, if that is not true, check out the MAX function. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <B585B16D-25C8-4B02-AFE1-58889050E802@microsoft.com>, Chief@discussions.microsoft.com says... > I NEED TO NO ALMOST INSTANTLY! > ANSWER AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! > > Thanks > Chief, Here is an exa...

Graphs on Forms
I am having a problem getting a graph to display the variables along the right axes. The graph sits on a form which is linked to a parent query. The graph's information comes from a separate crosstab query that is linked to the form via fields from the parent query. The graph fields are day (horizontal axis), race time (Y-axis) and race distance (series field). Unfortunately MS Graph automatically plots the day field as series and the race distance on the X-axis despite the fact that in the crosstab query, I have assigned 'day' as a column heading, 'race distance' as ...

joining data points on graph
I am merging two graphs and one has 23 data points, the other has 9. The category axis will have 23 data points but the 9 points are spread out, i.e. they may be at points 1, 3, 7, 15 etc of the 23-point scale. At the moment the graph will only join points that are beside each other; how do I get them to connect to the points that have spaces between them? minihana wrote on Fri, 10 Feb 2006 11:29:04 -0800: m> I am merging two graphs and one has 23 data points, the m> other has 9. The category axis will have 23 data points but m> the 9 points are spread out, i.e. they may be...

Automatic Graphs/ Dynamic Graphs
I have a list of test results, one row for each participant. (Each result is in a seperate column) I need to make a graph of all of their results when I click on their names. Obvously I cannot create a graph for each one, as there could be hundreds of participants, I need it to create a graph using relevent cell references for each person on the fly. I have seen this done in the past, but am unsure on how to accomplish this myself. Thankyou for any help you can give me Dan Hi, Maybe you used one of these sites previous to get your information. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dy...

Drawing Graphs
Hello, I would like to create an application that displays one or more graphs on tabbed pages in a single window. These would be straightforward XY coordinate line graphs of the type you would typically see on the face of an oscilloscope. Although my experience with MFC has been sporadic and minimal, I don't want to buy some 3rd party package to do this. While I could do this the hard way (i.e., get out my copy of Prosise's book and start reading), I was wondering if there is a standard class already in existance to do this, or maybe some standard Windows functions. When...

Change graph type
Hi Is there a way to flip a graph type between, say, a bar and a pie chart just by clicking a single on-screen user button? I know it's easy by right-clicking the graph and selecting the appropriate option, but it's an on-screen option I'm wondering about. Thanks in advance Steve Sorry, to clarify. I can make the change once by using the following command button code: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 1").Activate ActiveChart.ChartArea.Select ActiveChart.ChartType = xlLine End Sub However, what I want to do is revert bac...

3D Graph Formatting
Hi all, I'm currently doing some work with a graph and am trying to format it to reduce the spacing between the columns. For the life of me, I can't work out how to do it. Any tips? Take a look at the Word document (zipped) for an example of the graphs. Basically, I want the orange columns closer to the green columns. Many thanks, Sam B +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: graph.zip | |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3906 | +-----------------------------------...

Connection Points Bug in Visio 2003
Hi, I just found a minor Connection Point Bug in Visio 2003. If you have a Shape that was imported from Visio 2002 and that shape had a non-default Connection Type, one is unable to change the Connection Type in Visio 2003 via right clicking on the Connection point. The drop down dialog never appears. Thank You, Scott Metzger That functionality was intentionally removed from the product. We are sorry for the inconvenience. The type may still be changed in the Shapesheet Window. -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, a...

Making a worksheet and a graph that doesn't show zero values
Hi I am trying to build a template worksheet for my research. I get a file of logged data per day. I want to be able to copy the logged data from a .CSV file to a template file. Then separate worksheets will look at the raw data and import data from certain columns into that worksheet. The data is not logged in a regular way, there can be 30 cells between logging intervals or 29 or 31 cells. I can select that every cell in a column of Worksheet 1 looks at a set cell in the "Raw Data" worksheet. This will then give me a column consisting of logged data values with zeroes ...

stacking graphs
i want to analyze the relationship between 10 factors over time. most of the factors have different measurements or scales, such as milliseconds, pounds, bar, percentage of 1, etc. As far as I can tell, Excel charts can only deal with 2 different scales on the 2 Y axes. does anyone know of a software add-in or program that would allow me to stack a number of charts vertically, while each uses the same scale (such as seconds) on the horizontal X axis? Hi mark, I don't know of anything that will do this automatically. Maybe your best bet is to create a chart with a single data s...

disable right mouse click on a scatter graph?
hi everyone i want to disable right mouse click on a scatter chart. i need help thanks a lot Engin H. By default, a chart embedded in a protected worksheet is Locked. This means it updates as the data updates, but the user can't change it. If it's feasible, unlock the cells the user is allowed to change, then protect the sheet. In a protected chart sheet, the right click menu items are disabled. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Engin H. wrote: > hi everyone > i want t...

How do I plot error bars on 3D graphs?
I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to display standard error bars in 3-D graphs in Exel. My data set is more easily interpreted in the 3D format, but have been unable to plot the error bars. Thanks!! Hi, Sorry, no error bars with 3d charts. And because 3d charts do not allow combination charts I can not think of an easy work around for this. Could you make use of the Shadow option on standard 2d charts? Cheers Andy jho105 wrote: > I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to display standard error > bars in 3-D graphs in Exel. My data set is more easily...

Using Graphs in Publisher
I am trying to do a mail merge in publisher and have data for a simple graph in the document come from the data source(excel file). I can't seem to figure out how to get a merge feild into the graph data. Any one with experience with this? Hi RT (rt_stevenson@yahoo.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I am trying to do a mail merge in publisher and have data || for a simple graph in the document come from the data || source(excel file). I can't seem to figure out how to get || a merge feild into the graph data. Any one with || experience with this? You will have to create...

Graph Resolution
I have a graph on a report that only displays all the columns if the screen resolution is set to 1280X1024. Any other resolution cuts the graph off on the right. How do I get the graph to resize so it is all displayed no matter what the screen resolution is? ...