How do I get Excel 4.0 style markers in Excel 2003?

I have charts made with Excel 4.0 with markers and I would like to create new
charts in Excel 2003 with the same style of markers.

Hi,

I can remember that far back so I'm not sure what markers where available ;)

Have a look at Jon's page which show you how to use any shape as a marker.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/CustomMarkers.html

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Reflecting info between an excel file and a word one or two excel file.
I have an Excel file that I use as a database with the dates of the time when my company does the maintenance of our electronics tools (we work in an industry that uses them a lot, we have around 200 in an Excel file). So the documents look as follows (the images are copied and edited in paint, that's why they look kinda weird). They are next to each other; I divided it here in order to fit it to word's format (it's in Spanish, there's no need for you to understand what it says anyway): Go to www.caladeamerica.com.ar/1st file.jpg please and see it. We do the maintenance of...

Filtered Lookups
Hi, I wanted to filter values in one lookup (Lkup2 ) based on the selection made in another lookup (Lkup1) Is there a way I can achieve this without 1 - going for any paid products or 2 - modifying the CRMWeb\_controls\lookup\lookupsingle.aspx page Thank you very much Check this out, it has it http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=634508DC-1762-40D6-B745-B3BDE05D7012&displaylang=en Have a look here: http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/aspnet/35418198/how-to-restrick-a-lookup.aspx this thread was about filtering the lookup of "primary contact" to contacts ...

Outlook 2003 and junkmail and rules
the outlook 2003 junkmail filter worked well until i added a simple rule to move all incoming messages for my 2nd email account to a folder. the spam addressed to that email account remains in the folder i specified. i could not find any way to configure the junkmail filter to make it function properly. it appears that all my new messages must remain in the inbox folder for the junk mail filter to be effective. ...

How do I import a WORD file into EXCEL? #2
I'd like to import a WORD table to Excel but when I go to "Select Data Source", only other EXCEL files show, not my WORD files but the Help function indicates that all files should be showing. I've selected "Text Files" from the Data Source; I've tried "All File Types" with no luck. Anybody have a clue for me? ..signed, an Excel Idiot......thanks! File>open and select all files or copy and paste -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "MauiMama" <MauiMama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27741FDC-23BA-478D-98AC-21760...

CRM 4 bulk email
I am trying to send bulk email from the quick campaigns, everything looks good - but when I go to System settings it gives me a 'send pending' message, as if I need to 'do' something else. I've checked the box to auto send on completion. Anyone else having this problem? -- Jen This is ok for a short time. emails are not send directly - this is a task of the asynchronous service of crm. and: sometimes the email-router is a bit ... slow. there is a patch around to speed it up: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/952019/en-us ...

Target.Offset(0, 36).Value Help
In the below, I use this to force the persons USERNAME to populate 36 rows to the right in a column I hide. This shows me who was in a spreadsheet and updating ONE specific column... Column AD. My question is this... Can I poulate a named range with their USERNAME. I want to insert a named range, then force the USERNAME there. (INSERT>NAME>DEFINE>) Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) Const myRange As String = "ad7:AD90" 'Const myrange As String = "A3,A6,A8,A11,A16" On Error GoTo stoppit Application.EnableEvents = False...

A Crystal Beginner

file is locked does not appear in Excel if file already open by an
We have shared files on a network drive. When a file is open by one user, and a second user opens the file we want them to recieve <filename> is locked for editing message and open the file read only. This works great for some users, but we have several users that can open the file (even if someone is already in it) and they do not get the prompt and can edit the workbook. Is there a setting that would turn this off for some users and not others in excel? Hello Leslie, You could try sharing the workbook. With the Excel workbook open, choose Tools from the menu. Choose Share W...

Excel VBA / Data Sorting / Maniputaltion
i have a long list, which i imported from other data base. The problem is: 1. In each cell, besides data (data is in alphabates) there are som numeric characters which i dont want . How can i get rid of all those unwanted numbers from data, from all th list? 2. The data is in every second row, ie. one row is empty. How can i Delete those empty/blank rows from the list -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com 1. I think we will need to see a sample of your data 2. Sort the data -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I am sending the sample data file... ...

I can not open doc file attachments from outlook express 6.0
I can not open doc file attachments in outlook express 6.0 Error message - There is not enough memory to open file All other attachments eg: jpeg etc are fine I have already increased my paging memory. >-----Original Message----- >I can not open doc file attachments in outlook express 6.0 >Error message - There is not enough memory to open file >All other attachments eg: jpeg etc are fine=20 >I have already increased my paging memory. >. > These Newsgroups address Office Outlook issues. Outlook Express gurus hang out here: http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/def...

Get paid while you get online!!

How to program an excel macro to repeat a series of keystrokes?
I want to program an Excel macro to set a columnar range, then perform the keystroke series "F2, Home, =, Enter" repeatedly until the end of the range is reached. How do I teach the macro to automatically repeat the keystoke series? I am using XP, and Excel 2002 10.4. Thanks for your help!!! Hi there, Look up Sendkeys in the visual basic editor help. Hope that helps Naz, London "Beancounter" wrote: > I want to program an Excel macro to set a columnar range, then perform the > keystroke series "F2, Home, =, Enter" repeatedly until the end of the ...

Customizing marketing list view in 3.0
I have created a marketing list in CRM 3.0 (member type: contact) but the marketing list member view only gives me the name, business phone, and city. I need to add fields including the company name or this list is completely useless. The customization options I found only allows changes to the view that contains the list of marketing lists, not the member list. How do I add fields to this view? I have a similar problem and tried to change views on contacts and accounts - associated view and it did not change the mkt members view - looking for help as well. "jjohnson" w...

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

Change Excel Icon
Is there any way that the Excel Icon can be changed (without creating a shotcut) but still open as an excel application when clicked? Many Thanks. Kevin. Right click the icon, go to properties, select Change Icon. "kevin" <kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD3D14AE-46DA-4D03-944F-B04BF1DA0D8C@microsoft.com... > Is there any way that the Excel Icon can be changed (without creating a > shotcut) but still open as an excel application when clicked? > > Many Thanks. > > Kevin. Kevin AFAIK you cannot change the icon for the Excel.exe...

Checking specific text string in excel files stored in a folder
Hi, I need to write a code that can do the following: 1) prompt user to select a particular folder 2) search for a particular text string, for e.g., ABCD in all the excel files in that folder (the number of files in the folder will vary and so does the names of the files). Is it possible to specify the string that we want to search on the fly when macro is run? 3) create a simple report that contains the filename in one column and yes / no in the second column that tell me which file names contain that keyword (it will be great if the path of the file can be recorded in the 3rd colum...

Footers/Headers in Excel
Can I paste from Word to a custom header or footer in Excel? Yes. Select what you want in Word and copy. Go to custom header spot. You need to click in there and hit ctrl;v There's no command to actually paste (like right clicking). ctrl;c = copy ctrl;v = paste "sls" wrote: > Can I paste from Word to a custom header or footer in Excel? ...

excell charting problem with false values
I have the following formula =IF(AND(BU2<$BU$1110,BU2>$BU$1111),BU2,"") chart shows 0's for false empty value "" I would like to skip false or format so that value doesn't get charted. Replace 'nothing' with N/A which gets ignored by chart. =IF(AND(BU2<$BU$1110,BU2>$BU$1111),BU2,NA()) best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Ricky Ray" <Ricky Ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44FC3775-2804-4167-BF87-01EE74E1A291@microsoft.com... >I have the following formula ...