How do I get a histogram using EXCEL

Using Office 2007 how to you draw a histogram, given grouped data and
frequency?
I know you could do this with 2003 using the tools option.
Thanks

0
ngwenya (1)

ngwenya  -

If the data are already grouped, create a Column chart type.

The Histogram tool is used when you have ungrouped, raw data. It prepares a
frequency distribution, i.e., it groups the data, and then it creates a
Column chart.

If you have the original, ungrouped, raw data, you can use the Histogram
tool, or you could use my free Better Histogram add-in, available at
www.treeplan.com.

-  Mike Middleton
http://www.DecisionToolworks.com
Decision Analysis Add-ins for Excel

"ngwenya" <ngwenya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Using Office 2007 how to you draw a histogram, given grouped data and
> frequency?
> I know you could do this with 2003 using the tools option.
> Thanks

0
mike5208 (300)

Using MIDL compiler
After an exhausting search through MSDN I still have no idea how to invoke the midl compiler to produce a type library (idl -> tlb). http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/midl/midl/invoking_the_midl_compiler.asp How/where do you run the tool? ? 0 0 ( /----\ Thanks, Mark > After an exhausting search through MSDN I still have no idea how to > invoke the midl compiler to produce a type library (idl -> tlb). > > http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/midl/midl/invoking_the_midl_compiler.asp > > How/where do yo...

Reflecting info between an excel file and a word one or two excel file.
I have an Excel file that I use as a database with the dates of the time when my company does the maintenance of our electronics tools (we work in an industry that uses them a lot, we have around 200 in an Excel file). So the documents look as follows (the images are copied and edited in paint, that's why they look kinda weird). They are next to each other; I divided it here in order to fit it to word's format (it's in Spanish, there's no need for you to understand what it says anyway): Go to www.caladeamerica.com.ar/1st file.jpg please and see it. We do the maintenance of...

Using Outlook Custom Forms through OWA
Hi all, Is there any way to implement this? We have an Exchange 2003 server with Sp2. Users out of office hope to use outlook custom forms through OWA. Can this be done? ...

AutoArchive using VBA CDO CdoPR_AGING_PATH
I am trying to programatically change the path to the archive file. My pst has may folders and I dont want to change the path on each one by hand. Using the code I can change the GRANULARITY and the PERIOD but the path wont change. ( I am verifying the settings by right clicking the folder and selecting AutoArchive). I have tested in both Outlook 2002 and 2003. On 2003 I was able to change the path when I ran the code the first time but subsequent attempt failed to change the path. Strangely when I view the path (objMessage.Fields.Item(CdoPR_AGING_PATH).Value) via code after I change it, i...

A Crystal Beginner

Likert scale calculation
I have used the following table in my survey: Frequency of use - check which on is applicable: every few hours every few mins every few secs item1 item2 item3 .. .. .. item10 so the sample data looks like this: id item1 item 2 ............. item10 1 hours hrs ................. mins 2 secs hrs ................. mins 3 mins hrs ................. mins I want to add up the hours secs mins for each item..for example (from the above sample): ev...

Using current date track budget.
Hi, I am trying to update a percentage completion cell in a budget tracking spreadsheet based on the current month. Basically I have a row for each activity and a column for each month. I enter the hours completed for each activity in each month. I have a total number of hours value which will be used to calculate the %completed. So what I need is to a formula that will calculate the following: if ( this month is April) then (sum the hours from start month to april and divide by the total hours cell) else if (this month is May) then (sum the hours from start month to april and ...

file is locked does not appear in Excel if file already open by an
We have shared files on a network drive. When a file is open by one user, and a second user opens the file we want them to recieve <filename> is locked for editing message and open the file read only. This works great for some users, but we have several users that can open the file (even if someone is already in it) and they do not get the prompt and can edit the workbook. Is there a setting that would turn this off for some users and not others in excel? Hello Leslie, You could try sharing the workbook. With the Excel workbook open, choose Tools from the menu. Choose Share W...

Get paid while you get online!!

How to program an excel macro to repeat a series of keystrokes?
I want to program an Excel macro to set a columnar range, then perform the keystroke series "F2, Home, =, Enter" repeatedly until the end of the range is reached. How do I teach the macro to automatically repeat the keystoke series? I am using XP, and Excel 2002 10.4. Thanks for your help!!! Hi there, Look up Sendkeys in the visual basic editor help. Hope that helps Naz, London "Beancounter" wrote: > I want to program an Excel macro to set a columnar range, then perform the > keystroke series "F2, Home, =, Enter" repeatedly until the end of the ...

Change Excel Icon
Is there any way that the Excel Icon can be changed (without creating a shotcut) but still open as an excel application when clicked? Many Thanks. Kevin. Right click the icon, go to properties, select Change Icon. "kevin" <kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD3D14AE-46DA-4D03-944F-B04BF1DA0D8C@microsoft.com... > Is there any way that the Excel Icon can be changed (without creating a > shotcut) but still open as an excel application when clicked? > > Many Thanks. > > Kevin. Kevin AFAIK you cannot change the icon for the Excel.exe...

using the $ to lock formulas
We are using the $ to lock the formula but when columns are inserted the formula still changes. How do we correct this? Thank you for any assistance you can give. Hi one way would be to use something like INDIRECT("A1") to always refer to cell A1. Note: copying this formula won't change the cell reference -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany frankmlr wrote: > We are using the $ to lock the formula but when columns > are inserted the formula still changes. How do we correct > this? > > > Thank you for any assistance you can give. One way: =I...

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

Checking specific text string in excel files stored in a folder
Hi, I need to write a code that can do the following: 1) prompt user to select a particular folder 2) search for a particular text string, for e.g., ABCD in all the excel files in that folder (the number of files in the folder will vary and so does the names of the files). Is it possible to specify the string that we want to search on the fly when macro is run? 3) create a simple report that contains the filename in one column and yes / no in the second column that tell me which file names contain that keyword (it will be great if the path of the file can be recorded in the 3rd colum...

Footers/Headers in Excel
Can I paste from Word to a custom header or footer in Excel? Yes. Select what you want in Word and copy. Go to custom header spot. You need to click in there and hit ctrl;v There's no command to actually paste (like right clicking). ctrl;c = copy ctrl;v = paste "sls" wrote: > Can I paste from Word to a custom header or footer in Excel? ...

Using CTabCtrl!!!
Hi All! I am looking forward to have an idea of how to draw controls on the CTabCtrl. One way I have in mind is draw the child controls on a separate dialog and draw the dialog on the CTabCtrl window. But the problem is when I do this with the code CTestDlg *pDlg = new CTestDlg; dlg.Create(IDC_TEST_DLG,GetDlgItem(IDC_TAB_CTRL)); it even covers the tabs. Now how can I fix it within the tab window at appropriate place. I have tried to draw the group box on the area of tab control and make that group box the parent window, this will make the new dialog at the appropriate position. But I don...

How do I get??

excell charting problem with false values
I have the following formula =IF(AND(BU2<$BU$1110,BU2>$BU$1111),BU2,"") chart shows 0's for false empty value "" I would like to skip false or format so that value doesn't get charted. Replace 'nothing' with N/A which gets ignored by chart. =IF(AND(BU2<$BU$1110,BU2>$BU$1111),BU2,NA()) best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Ricky Ray" <Ricky Ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44FC3775-2804-4167-BF87-01EE74E1A291@microsoft.com... >I have the following formula ...