How do I format the data labels in my stacked bar graph?

Hello,

I am trying to make the Data Labels fit withing the stacked bar graph
but cannot seem to have any success. I want each label to distribut
itself evenly within the boundries of bar it is labeling. I know that
can use text box over each bar, but that is a lengthy process and is hi
or miss for me.
Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!!

--
ocjre
ocjred's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3702

Right click on any data label you want to work with.

(note: all data labels relating to that series will be selected)

select "Format Data Labels"

select the "Alignment" tab and play around in there.

"ocjred" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to make the Data Labels fit withing the stacked bar graph,
> but cannot seem to have any success. I want each label to distribute
> itself evenly within the boundries of bar it is labeling. I know that I
> can use text box over each bar, but that is a lengthy process and is hit
> or miss for me.
> Does anyone have any ideas?
>
> Thanks!!!
>

> --
> ocjred
> ocjred's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=37022
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=567447

0
mark564 (750)
8/2/2006 2:40:02 PM
Thanks Mark, but that doesnt seem to work. The data label will still
stay outside the boundries of the graph. Do you have any other ideas?
Thanks.

--
ocjred
ocjred's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=37022
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=567447

how do you change the data order in a graph without modifying the.
how do you change the data order in a graph without modifying the table? I know it is possible if you change your table, but it is not very convenient. Thanks You can change the order of the series: double click a series, then rearrange the series in the Series Order tab. If you need to change the left-right order of categories along the X axis of a chart, you pretty much have to modify the table. If the table is for display, you could chart from a separate table, both tables linked to the same source data. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutor...

negative number format

Change date format to European format

Mailing Labels
I am new to Office 2007. I have been using Office 2003. I tried for the first time to print mailing labels using Word 2007 today. I want to print on the 30 label sheet of labels (3 across x 10 rows). The default setting prints the words 90 degrees from the long dimension of the label. I cannot figure how to rotate the words. Thank you for your help. Wayne Brady Hi, You should post this to the Word newgroups, not Excel. Much more likely to get the best results. If this helps, please click the Yes button Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Wayne Brady" wrote: > I am new to...

Formatting just some rows

freezing formatting

Negative number formatting

Enforce format

Format Smartlist field

Conditional Formating Help

Changes to Data on a Worksheet
I have a data entry sheet (Excel 2000) and a "store" sheet. The info on the data entry sheet is saved on a single row in the store sheet. I need to detect whether any changes have been made to the details on the data entry page and currently do this by concatenating every data cell on the data sheet and comparing it to the concatenated cells on the corresponding row in the store. Is there an easier way to detect whether any changes have been made on the data entry page? Thanks for any help. Brian Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Const WS_RANGE As String = "H...

Data missing
I linked an excel file to an access database. One of the data fields is showing #Num! in the column instead of the data.while saving this to a text format, I am losing the data. Can anyone help ? ...

Grouping sales data into weekly buckets
I have sales data that I want to analyze in weekly buckets. I can group all sales in a month by using the MONTH formula. (MONTH(actual invoice date)). I was wondering if anyone knows of a way or has a suggestion for grouping sales by week. Some type of formula that has an output stating the week of the actual invoice date. Any suggestions? Hi John! You'll really need to introduce a week numbering formula and then you'll be able to group into weeks more easily. Take a look at the WEEKNUM function in the Analysis ToolPak Addin. But note that there are other methods than the two ...

merging data
Hi all:) I'm new to this forum and to to Excel (2000) and not sure that I'm asking this question correctly but here is what I'm trying to do. The data on my work sheet is pasted from another sorce and includes information: name, ref #, time, date. I use this information looking up the status of an order and enter a "status note" in 5th (last) column. As the day progresses, the source that the data comes from is copied and pasted under the current list I already have going and much of the data on the lower list is a duplicate. How can I merge the to list so that I hav...

Select Case Conditional Formatting Sub?

How to format the value in a cell?

Remove formatting from SSN
I exported some data from an Access database. The Social Security Numbers are in this format: 123-45-6789. I would like to change them all to 123456789. I've tried creating a Custom Format and formatting the cells, but nothing changed. Tried setting the format of a new column, then cutting and pasting or Paste Special into the new cells, but it keeps the old formatting. Is there an answer? Try this in a "helper" column: =TEXT(A1,"000000000") To retain your leading zeroes. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all corres...

Formatting numbers
Pub2002/XP - how to format numbers in a table - I want it to automatically space for thousands etc and align the numbers correctly ie. 1 650 243 500 etc You will have to do it manually, or copy and paste it from a spreadsheet. -- See if Courier font will do it. Most other fonts do proportional spacing i.e. the letter m is wider than an l. In Courier (maybe teletype, typewriter and a few other fonts) use the same width of space and thus will line up columns from row to row. -- Don Vancouver, USA, a great city in one of the 45+ countries in America! "simonh" <si...

Changed Data array #4
Anyone?? BUm -- Scottm ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Scottmk's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=170 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27290 ...