How do I enter a quadratic and cubit-fit equations?

I have a data set the I want to evaluate using quadratic and cubit fits- can
someone provide the proper equations?  Adn what about plotting the funtions?
0
DianeD (5)

1) read Help to learn about Trendlines - make an XY chart first
2) visit my site to learn about LINEST to find polynomial coefficients
http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Polynomial.htm
3) to lean about charting - buy a book or visit
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/index.html
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"DianeD" <DianeD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a data set the I want to evaluate using quadratic and cubit fits-
>can
> someone provide the proper equations?  Adn what about plotting the
> funtions?

0
bliengme5824 (3040)

Why is Actual Work updated when entering time into Work Field?
We're using MS Project 2007 and seeing that sometimes when time is entered into the Work field for a task, that task's Actual Work is updated to the same value entered in the Work field. This happens to multiple resources, but only on some of their tasks and not on others. For example, for the weeks of 1/24 and 1/31, whatever hours I schedule (enter in the "work" cell in the Resource Usage View) for a given task also appears in the "actual" cell. The tasks are setup up differently. Some are Fixed Work, some are Fixed Duration. I believe all have the e...

Excel 2003 spreadsheet. I enter the any number and it is entered.
If I enter a number into a cell it is put in like a decimal. For example, if I enter 10 it is put in as .1 500 is entered as a 5 Thank you Mary Mary, Goto Tools>Options and on the Edit tab you should see The Fixed Decimal Places box checked. Uncheck it. -- HTH RP "maryu" <maryu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65C0E0FB-43F3-4F34-8A86-FBA3F02EC9B1@microsoft.com... > If I enter a number into a cell it is put in like a decimal. For example, if > I enter 10 it is put in as .1 500 is entered as a 5 > Thank you > Mary ...

Filter records by date in subform by date entered in mainform.
Hello, I've spent 3 days trying to understand what I'm doing wrong.....Here is the summary of my problem. I have a form named 'frm_EfficiencyStats' and a subform within the form named 'qry_Total hours subform' (the subform is based on a query). The form contains a text box (for date) which is bound to a table 'tbl_EfficiencyStats'. I would like to be able to enter a date in the text box on my form, and display the records in the subform based on the date I entered in the text box. The subform will only pull records from my table based on the date. Here are th...

Error in the equation?
I am relatively new to using excel so here is my problem. I am trying t set the B column to show the result of this equation: =C/25+D2+E10+F6 After I press enter I recieve the message "The formula contains a error, click ok to return to the equation and correct it." I click o and C is highlighted. I've tried to search the help data base for wha I'm doing wrong and found no help. So I came here. :) Am I just going about the process of entering an equation wrong? I wan B to show the result of that equation and obviously I'd enter th numbers for C, D, etc. in their respect...

how to enter simple list and sum
using excel 2002 with an xp sp2 system how would I enter a simple list of positive and negative numbers and then create a cell with the sum of these values? if the list would look like this 0.58 -1.22 1.79 -0.56 -0.92 the output would look something like 0.58 0.58 -1.22 -0.64 1.79 1.15 -0.56 0.59 -0.92 -0.33 John In B1 enter =A1 In B2 enter =B1+A2 Copy down to B5 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 16 May 2007 06:34:13 +0300, "John" <johnj@multipl.es> wrote: >using excel 2002 with an xp sp2 system >how would I enter a simple list of positive and negative...

Resource Units for Tasks entered in PWA differs than tasks entered in Project 2007
Hello, I have an ePM user asking why if he enters a project task in PWA does it not check the resource max units allocation the same way as when he enters a task in Project Professional. For example: You have a project where resource A is 50% allocated. When you create a task in Project Professional for this resource, the resource allocation is set to 50%. Create a task under the same project in PWA, submit and approve the task. Open project professional and view the task information for the task entered in PWA, why is the resource allocation set to 100% instead of 50% set for th...

Resizing row height to dynamically fit height of text box
Is there a way to link the height of a text box to the height of a row so that as you type text into the text box and the text box's height increases, the row height will also increase? I know That by setting the "Move and size with cells" option you can make the TEXT BOX height increase as the ROW height increases, but I'm looking to do the opposite (i.e. make the ROW height increase as the TEXT BOX height increases). Not too complicate things too much, but I was also hoping to do this within a protected sheet. "Jon" wrote: > Is there a way to link the...

Enter formula by code.
Hi All can anyone help. I cant seem to get this to work. I keep getting run time error 1004 application or object defined error. Public Sub TLIdentify() finalrow = Worksheets("INV Bookings").Range("B65536").End(xlUp).Row Worksheets("INV Bookings").Range("AV26:AV" & finalrow).FormulaR1C1 = "=IF(OR(RC[-38]>0,RC[-32]>0,RC[-26]>0,RC[-20]>0,RC[-14]>0,RC[-8]>0,RC[-2]>0),VLOOKUP(RC4,'Team Summary'!R4C3:R16C4,2,0),"")" End Sub -- Regards and Thanks for any assistance. Francis Brown...

Entering a dollar amount w/out having to enter the decimal
What is the formula to have Excel automatically enter the decimal so all I have to enter is the numbers? It's one of the options you can specify. In Excel 2007, it's: Excel Options...>Advanced>Automatically insert a decimal point Regards, Fred "Julieanne" <Julieanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3AABE398-3B77-4ACD-8938-05ED7F5CC58E@microsoft.com... > What is the formula to have Excel automatically enter the decimal so all I > have to enter is the numbers? ...

How do I stop dates from being entered everytime I enter a number
Everytime I enter data in a box (ex: ages 5-9) I then press enter to go to the next cell and it automatically puts in may 9 . I have tried putting in general in formatting cells and it still does it. can someone help before I shoot this pc out the window? I am making a population pyramid with males and females and their ages. Thanks, Kicking and Screaming You can precede your entry with a single quote... '5-9 ....or format your cells as 'Text'. Hope this helps! In article <64AE5219-035D-46E3-9488-5D01F6B012FA@microsoft.com>, Kicking and Screaming <Kicking and...

entering time #2
hello all.. wondering if there is any way to do this... I have a column formatted for time as in this format 12:00 when entering a time it is cumbersome to have to enter the hour, then a colon, then the minutes. Is it possilbe to simply enter a 4 digit number such as 1245 and have it show up as 12:45 ?? thanks so much... I've found this group to be irreplaceable... glen in orlando Enter your times without colons in column A and put this formula in column B =(A1-RIGHT(A1,2))/2400+RIGHT(A1,2)/(24*60) and format column B for "Time" in the form you want it. Tod "Glen i...

Entering data
Please help me enter data into cells that seem to be locked. In article <15a201c43e09$dbea4e10$3501280a@phx.gbl>, "Alicia Contreras" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Please help me enter data into cells that seem to be > locked. Hi Alicia, try: Tools > Protect > Unprotect Hope this helps! ...

"Enter Network Password"
Hi All Please help. I upgraded my OS to XP pro and outlook 2000. When ever log in to outlook it continually asks for a password. I enter it, clic "remember this password" and click ok. the box dissapears and come straight back asking for the password I just entered! I've tried everything to stop it including recommendations from th microsoft site: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;259416 Nothing seems to work. I've gone back to oulook express, tried outloo xp and none of this works. Anyone got any ideas? Cheer ----------------------------------...

Enter Billing notes for Project Timesheets in Business Portal
In Business Portal, it seems that you can only enter notes at the timesheet header level. In Great Plains, you can enter notes on each timesheet line. How can I enter billing notes for each timesheet line in Business Portal. Here are the instructions: To add a billing note for hours that you worked on a specific day highlight or click in the appropriate cell and then click Add billing note. -- Charles Allen, MVP "KT" wrote: > In Business Portal, it seems that you can only enter notes at the timesheet > header level. In Great Plains, you can enter notes on each timesh...

enter key and it requerys
is there a way when i press the enter Key i can get ti to requery for example i have a search field, hit enter key and it requerys you could place a Command Button on the form, and in the properties of that Button, set the "Default" property to Yes. The Default button on a form is what runs when a user presses enter. Then in the "On Click" event of that button, you put in your code to requery your listbox or whatever you may have. ...

Help required to solve a linear equation through excel
Hi all, I am trying to write a program wich accepts to two arrays one of coefficients and other of constants and solve it through Gauss eliminatiion method, the function directly writes the solution in a colum starting from the given cell I am not able to trace the problem with the code. though I am new to excel programming Can someone help me The code is as follows:- Option Base 1 Sub solution(coefficient As Range, constants As Range, output As Range) p = coefficient.Rows.Count n = coefficient.coloums.Count MsgBox ("HI") Dim a(), R(), sol() For v = 1 To p For j = 1 To n ...

equation if zero or nearly zero
I have an equation that I am trying to set up, but what I am trying to do is to take the value of c10 when e10 is either 0 or nearly zero, how do I do thisIF(E10=0, C10) ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ What is nearly zero ? Less then 1 ... less then 0.1 ? What do you want to display if E10 is *not* "nearly" zero ? -- Regards, RD -------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the G...

enter
Would like the enter key to go down one line & home. Is there something I am missing in options. T"IA -- _______________________________ In Christ's matchless name ted & colleen n6trf kc6rue "ted" <n6trf@arrl.net> wrote in message news:%23Vo86xq6HHA.1168@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Would like the enter key to go down one line & home. Is there something I > am missing in options. T"IA > If you use the TAB key to go across the columns, when you get to the end and hit Enter, the cursor will do that. ted wrote: > Would...

Form just opened doesn't see data entered in previous form
I have one form displaying data from an organizations table (name and address of organizations) with a subform displaying data from a contacts table (name, address, organization phone, etc.). The second form displays data from the contacts table with a subform displaying data from the organizations table. When I enter an organization in the first form and a contact in the subform of this first form then open the second form (with a button on this form), the data entered in the first form is not available. The data is present in the underlying tables but a search in the organizations ...

Excel keeps wrapping cells with text incl. alt/enter
I have a cell with multiple lines (alt/enter line breaks) in a standard row where word wrapping is disabled. So I see only the first line and that's how I want it. Now, when I edit this cell the word wrapping gets automatically enabled (checked box) and row height gets adjusted to fit the text. It seems alt/enter breaks auto enable the wrapping, but what I need visible is a clean one line row no matter what text I put in. Any solution/workaround? I'm on excel2000. thanks -- Peter -- higgs ------------------------------------------------------------------------ higgs's Profil...

Bug in excel 2003
Hi, I'm trying to get an equation of a table of data. When I enter the data, make a graph of it, I get a nice sinus-kind-of-line. Therefor I would like to have fourth order equation. The line of data looks very good (125 data points). Then I add a trendline (4th order) that looks like a very nice fit. But when I set the properties of the trendline to "show equation in graph" the a wrong equation is displayed. After a lot of fiddling with data, I noticed that the shown equation has wrong contstands showing. E.g.: The shown eqaution = A + B*X + C*X^2 + D*X^3 + E*X^4 In fact ...

entering null values
I am trying to do a conditional statement, and I can't quite get it right. This is my formula: =IF(G8>8, G8-8, null) I don't know how to leave the cell blank if the condition is false. With the present formula I just get the "#NAME error. Mike Try: =IF(G8>8, G8-8,"") -- Rgds Max xl 97 ---------------------------------------------------- Use xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com for email ----------------------------------------------------- "news.microsoft.com" <*> wrote in message news:#k6txvn5DHA.1504@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I am t...

Macro to select cells in column enter data then press enter
I need to create a macro and assign it a macro button at the top of the worksheet (with the text Enter Hours) . This macro needs to select the cells in Colum E (called Hours) enabling me to enter hours in, pressing Enter after each figure. Can someone help me with a formula and how to record this macro? Thanks in advance. Excel has no way of knowing when to press ENTER while you are typing in a cell. It does not know what is in the cell until you leave the cell. Use your finger to hit the ENTER or downarrow key when you want to leave the cell. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 19 F...

Enter Parameter Value when combo box selected
Hi I have very little Access programming background and I am trying to get the following to work: I have a form: frmTenderDetails which has a bound control ProposalRefNo to a table which displays the tender number for a procurement database. It has a subform that lists all the companies that have been invited to tender for this job. I have a command button on the subform that opens a form: frmTenderDocsReceived to display which documentation has been received for each company in the subform. frmTenderDocsReceived is based on a filter of the current ProposalRefNo and shows this value in a tex...

Entering data in Microsoft Excel
When we enter data with a negative sign i.e -28.00, we prefer it to appear as (28.00) instead of -28.00. Previously, once we click on the 'comma' sign at the toolbar, we are able to see the amt with the bracket sign. But now we are not able to format our newly created worksheets to show the amt within the bracket. Can somebody please help? For yr info, we are using Windows XP & Office 2000. Thank you very much. "Serena" <tay_serena@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:184301c3872e$a0350320$a101280a@phx.gbl... > When we enter data with a negative sign i.e -...