How do I crop a chart imported from another worksheet?

I need to reduce the excess space around the graph, but without affecting the
text or bars in the graph.
0
nikki8327 (8)

If you don't need to keep it behaving as a chart, you can copy it as a picture,
paste it, and then actually crop it. If you copy it using the Picture option, you
can double click on the picture and ungroup the separate drawing objects, then
shrink or delete the rectangles that comprised the chart area. If you copy as a
bitmap, you can use the crop button on the picture toolbar to crop it.

If you want to keep your chart as a chart, it's not so easy. First you need to
format all the text elements in the chart, and uncheck the Autoscale box on the Font
tab. This prevents everything from changing in size. Then you have to shrink the
chart area (the larger outer box) and expand the plot area (the inner box) in a
coordinated effort.

If you use VBA, you can measure the plot area, shrink the chart area, and reapply
the plot area settings.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

nikki8327 wrote:

> I need to reduce the excess space around the graph, but without affecting the
> text or bars in the graph.

3D Pie Charts
When I create a 3D pie chart, the outline is always jagged, how do I smooth the edges? Hi, Does this article help? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q189938 Cheers Andy Rachel wrote: > When I create a 3D pie chart, the outline is always jagged, how do I smooth > the edges? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Thank you - they work a little bit better - but I did stumble on something that works very well when printing - perhaps not visually on screen. 1. Create Pie Chart 2. Set Background as "None" and Outline as "...

My charts are red
Why are my charts red? I thought it was my color printer, but I changed the cartridge. On print preview the charts, title, axis titles and everything else is red. How can I change it all back to black? Thanks, Sam ...

Visio 2003 Import Project Wizard
Is the functionality the same in Professional and Standard versions? Thanks. Yes, the functionality is the same in both versions. -- Andy Howe Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "barrass" <psfbarrass@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message news:c0a201c43834$fc77c8e0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is the functionality the same in Professional and > Standard versions? Thanks. ...

Message Box on Worksheet selection
I am trying to figure out how to have the message box appear upon selection or activation of a worksheet within a workbook. When the user selects the worksheet, have the message appear. I know I can use the auto-open macro and include upon opening or use a button for selection of the worksheet and hide the worksheet, but I would like to just have the message when the worksheet is selected by normal means. Thanks! Have a look at worksheet ACTIVATE to be found by right click on sheet tab>view code or for all worksheets in the ThisWorkbook module. "Jennifer" <Jennifer_m...

Cost curve chart
I am trying to create a cost-curve type chart, of 100 products originating from 10 departments. I made a list of 1-100, and defined it as the X-axis. The Y-axis is the product profit margin. If I list all 100 products in one series and sort the profit table, I can see the cost curve but all points are of the same color and so I cannot recognise which products are of which department. If I define a series for each department (i.e.: 10 products), I can recognise each department's products by means of a separate color, but the graph does not resemble a cost curve. It seems that perhaps a ...

Import Data Problem
Hi, Data->Import External Data->New Web Query->Options and selected Full HTML Formatting, Import <PRE> Blocks into Columns, Treat Consecutive delimiters as one, Disable Date Recognition. Now when this is imported to the spreadsheet and I click on a hyperlink it will not open. What could be preventing this? If I copy from the web and past into excel the hyperlinks are working but it is changing some numbers to dates how can I prevent it from changing some numbers to dates? Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Eamon Any suggestions would be much appreciated....

How to programatically rename worksheet
On 2003-September-Monday - 18:10:50 was 216.234.92.100 ( Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) ) with the following IP 216.234.92.100 on your board Worksheets(1).Name = "ABCD" -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "sksave" <sksave@yahoo.NOSPAM.com> wrote in message news:%23lgUhZldDHA.1636@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > On 2003-September-Monday - 18:10:50 was 216.234.92.100 ( Mozilla/4.0 > (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) ) with the following IP > 216.234.92.100 on your board > ...

Importing contacts to beta Outlook from Outlook Express (Windows Mail)
I am trying to import the .csv file either from my memory stick or the addresses from Outlook Express (Windows Mail) into beta Outlook from Office 2007 but I'm not sure if I'm using the proper method. Is it easier to Import from (within Outlook) or Export to (from within Windows Mail/Outlook Express) and is there a 'writeup' I could follow (ie where is file in Outlook that contains the address or where is Outlook Express Windows Mail contacts source). It's all so confusing using Outlook to import a .csv because I am required to drag fields from one column on left t...

Pivot charts question
I have created a pivot chart that shows the elapsed time of a number of jobs. I have the following layout for the pivot table: Date - Column JobName - Row Sum of Elapsed Time - Data You can probably guess that the x axis shows the job name, and the y axis shows the time range from zero to about 2 hours. Now this is fine but Im really looking to add the start time to the graph. It would be briliant if i could have the chart with floating bars with the y axis showing the actual time in the day that the job started and have a solid bar depicting the amount of minutes and seconds that the job t...

Import Account and Contacts
Hello everyone, is it possible to import Accounts and Commercial Contacts from Outllok BCM into CRM 3.0? How? Thank you -- Rino Bertolotto Sales Manager & Solution Architect STESA SRL Dear, you can import if you create excel or .csv file. http://blogs.msdn.com/usisvde/archive/2006/12/28/sync-microsoft-crm-3-0-with-outlook-2007.aspx about direct synchronization there is one in CRM 4.0 outlook client. and data manager for more see this -- Regards, Imran MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@...

% completed in a Gantt Chart
Is there a way to show the percentage completed for a given task? I would like the bars in my Gantt chart to show how much of the task is completed, either by manual input of a % completed column, or based on calendar days. For example, on a given task's bar, 75% of the bar would be blue, the remaining 25% green, indicating the % completed. On Fri, 4 Jan 2008 10:56:01 -0800, Michael B. <MichaelB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way to show the percentage completed for a given task? I would >like the bars in my Gantt chart to show how much of the task is comp...

crop
I am trying to crop a person out of a family picture A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Gibbs <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > I am trying to crop a person out of a family picture Good for you! -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm Did you have a question? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps....

Combination chart #9
I currently have two simple charts that I would like to combine: a) The first is a stacked column chart that measures the severity of up to 21 different events on a 1 to 4 scale once per month. For example, the column for March might have 1 severity 4 occurrence, 3 severity 3 occurrences, 5 severity 2 occurrences and 10 severity 1 occurrences against Event type A and 6,11, 9, 2 (respectively) against event type B etc. Each severity level has a specific colour. b) The second is a clustered column chart that shows the total number of events by event type clustered into groups of 3 month...

GP 10 Report import
Hello all, I am have an issue with a report package that I am trying to import. I have used this package before and should work fine.. However I get an error window that says "unable to open customizations dictionary". I tried this on the Main server with a network admin user logged in as SA with no other user in the system. I can not explain why not work. Another comment/question. I also made a backup of the reports.dic and then edited my own launch file to see if I could import that was since I would not be pointing to the same reports.dic as everyone else. I get the ...

flag disappears when import messages from oe6
When I import messages into outlook 2003 from OE6 on the same computer,flags on the messages disappears & flag column on outlook is blank Any way to import falgs too with messages. As i have lots of messages which are flagged on OE6 & very difficult to flag them on outlook 2003 manually Attique khawaja I don't think these get migrated. Try it again but this time choose Export from within Outlook Express. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "khawaja" <anony...

step chart
Hi All, Does anyone how to make a step chart with Excel? BR KaaDee Hi, Check out this two sites. http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/step_chart/index.html http://www.andypope.info/charts/stepchart.htm Cheers Andy KaaDee wrote: > Hi All, > > Does anyone how to make a step chart with Excel? > > BR > KaaDee > > > -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

How can I import Excel Sheet(UPC Code) into Retail Management Sys.
I collect UPC codes from my venders. Most of them are Excel sheet. Is there any to import Excel sheet into Retail Management System? Yes there is an import utitily "bengoody" <bengoody@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D33B9569-2D2E-4660-91F9-578A2A61589E@microsoft.com... >I collect UPC codes from my venders. Most of them are Excel sheet. Is there > any to import Excel sheet into Retail Management System? You can download the Import Utility from CustomerSource, or talk to your reseller. ...

Help with a bar chart?
I have this bar chart and I have number totals for each month. Now...I need a average of all months together and show it as a number, but NOT have it show on the bar chart as a bar. Is this possible? You could add a horizontal line; see http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/straight_lines/index.html http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm http://www.processtrends.com/pg_charts_horizontal_line.htm OR you could compute the average in a cell, click the text, in Formula bar type = then point at cell with average formula. This gives a tex...

Error message importing OFX file bank statement
I appreciate any suggestions on this. I have Money 2007 and downloaded a bank statement OFX file, but the following message keeps appearing: "The file you attempted to import appears to be invalid or contains corrupt data. Please download the file again. If the problem continues, contact your financial institution". I've already reinstalled Money, deleted the file and downloaded it again, and it stills persists. My bank told me the problem is not theirs...but Money's... Any ideas ? Marcus Moraes Im willing to bet it is the banks not formating the data correctly ...

inserting a total on a column chart
hi i have this spreadsheet that tracks indicators for a project and i display the results in a column char there are 3 columns, but within each column it is made up of 3 groups i.e. for the hours worked column it is made up of the U.S, Europe and Africa showing the number of hours for each continent i'm wondering if it is possible to insert the total above or below the column to show the total number of hours worked by all the contents, which is the data changes it is automatically updated like the rest of the char please hel joan Joan - You must have a row or column in the workshee...

Excel Pie Charts
Is there a way to create a blank, quartered pie chart in Excel that I can shade by quarter as needed?? ...

chart preferences 2007
can I set default chart preferences in Excel 2007 such as line color and style in bar chart ? Hi, You can not change the defaults but you can create your own settings via templates. http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/excel/CH102859891033.aspx Cheers Andy rolando wrote: > can I set default chart preferences in Excel 2007 such as line color and > style in bar chart ? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Importing an Address Book
I know how to import an Address Book [this is from laptop to desktop XP 64 Pro with Outlook Express & IE 8] but am uncertain whether this will over-write or add to an existing Address Book Not worried by duplicates but don't wish to lose existing 'old' addresses with the 'new' addresses imported. Can someone advise, please? Searches only show import/export methodolgy, not result. Thanks for help, roj I have never lost any addresses, only added. Sometimes there were dupes. I know you said you know how to do it, but I'll include h...

Copy import specification
Is it possible to copy an existing import specification from one database to another? "TGW" <TGW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AE654A66-B58D-4BBC-B2F3-3F50B6A12C63@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to copy an existing import specification from one database > to > another? If you click the 'Options' button in the 'Import Objects' dialog box, you'll see an option to import import/export specs. I'm not aware of any built-in method to import them on their own, without importing one or more other objects, but you can just...

user-defined chart template location
All, I posted this question on the General Discussion board but received no response. Therefore, I hope I have better luck here. Does anyone know where are the user-defined Excel Chart templates located on the computer? I have created a worksheet with a lot of charts and many of them are using user-defined templates that I created. Now I need to pass the worksheet on to another co-worker to work on it, since the tempates reside on my computer, I have to find them and copy them over to my co-worker. I searched under C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\ and also under my own Documents &am...