How do I create new default color settings for charts in Excel?

I do not like the default color settings for my charts in Excel. I always end
up modifying them extensively. I'd like to make as few changes as possible
when my charts are created. Can I set new color defaults for charts created
in Excel?
0
User (141)

Hi,

You can set the colours for chart lines and fill. Menu Tools > Options.
On the Color tab is a set of colours for Line and Fill.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

  http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/CreateCustomTypes.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"pro user" <prouser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Your suggestion allows me to modify the color palette from which I can
> select
> certain colors. However, my desired fill color is not applied as the
> default.
> Excel still uses its own default gray background, which I have to modify
> using the your suggested color palette.

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
1/7/2006 2:16:35 AM
Hi pro user,

This is still very much a beta, but you could download the 'Colour Palette
Tool' from
http://www.edferrero.com/charting.aspx. It provides an easy way to build
nicely graded
colour palettes (and to save and retrieve them using very small files).

Of course, if you already have a palette that you use extensively, just save
a blank workbook with that palette in the XLstart folder. This is usually
found at either
C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11
(or just search for it)

Ed Ferrero
Microsoft Excel MVP
http://www.edferrero.com

>I do not like the default color settings for my charts in Excel. I always
>end
> up modifying them extensively. I'd like to make as few changes as possible
> when my charts are created. Can I set new color defaults for charts
> created
> in Excel?

0
ed1304 (117)

Default Price Lists
Hi Does ayone have advise on what the best practice is with regards to creating a default price list in a situation where all pricing will be user provided? I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or advice. Many Thanks I need to do the same thing. It's driving me nuts trying to get around it! If anyone can help, that'd be great. Mark Braithwaite wrote: > Hi > > Does ayone have advise on what the best practice is with regards to creating > a default price list in a situation where all pricing will be user provided? > > I would greatly appreciate any suggesti...

create a roster

A self Instruction Book On Excel 2003
I am trying to find a text book on excel 2003 that will show me how to use Excel and give me the data to put into the spread sheet. Some of the features I am looking for are, Amortization, Creating Macros and The function and Chart Wizard. If you could please include an ISBN# to locate the text to get me started on Excel 2003. John List of books at Debra Dalgleish's site. Some have CD's attached http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlbooks.html Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 2 Oct 2007 12:57:23 -0700, John <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to find ...

footer in excel #2
What is the easiest way to make a footer in excel that will print ON EVERY PAGE? EXCEL 2000 Page Setup Header/Footer Put your entry in Footer "LED1" <LED1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D226F524-7267-48D9-98AE-A1C768B6921E@microsoft.com... : What is the easiest way to make a footer in excel that will print ON EVERY : PAGE? EXCEL 2000 ...

Task Create - Status

New Store in other country
hi all, we have opened a new store in other foreign country, the problem is this new store will receive stock and sell with his local currancy ( currancy rate 1.2 ). How can we manage this store ( calculate the cost ,reports... etc) in HQ. any help please thanks Get ready for a lot of manual work. The way I handle it is each stoer is in local currency. When I transfer something from location to location, I manually change the costs on the transfer in at the receiving store. "Sad" <Sad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B929754D-D285-42BA-B2D1-03D6D0262902...

In copied worksheet, embedded chart uses data fm orig
When I copy a worksheet, I want the embedded chart to automatically use data from the new worksheet, Instead, it uses data from the original worksheet. So I have to edit each data series in the chart everytime I create a new worksheet by copying an old one. Example: worksheet displaying hours worked that week. When I copy the sheet to start a new week, the embedded chart is displaying data from last week. It seems you are making the new worksheet with Copy & Paste. Try this instead: click on the tab of original sheet (let's call it Sheet1), hold the CTRL key down and drag the tab ...

Change default in Advanced filter
Hi! How can I change default setting in Advanced filter from "Filter the list, in-place." to "Copy to another location." Can anyone help me? Thanks a lot! George George You can't...sorry -- HTH Nick Hodge Southampton, England nick_hodge@btinternet.com "George Lin" <georgel@mar-bal.com> wrote in message news:02b301c391b0$2786c080$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi! > How can I change default setting in Advanced filter > from "Filter the list, in-place." to "Copy to another > location." Can anyone help me? Thanks a lot! > G...

ALT-TAB not working with excel 2000
My problem is, as in the subject, that pressing ALT-TAB to switch among the files opened in Excel 2000 doesn't work anymore. I tried to re-install withouth success. I can only use CTRL-TAB because you haven't multiple sessions running (as usual in Excel 2000) but only one task of Excel. So, it's impossible to use ALT-TAB. Unfortunately, CTRL-TAB isn't useful as ALT-TAB because you can't switch from the current worksheet and the last used but you have to pass cyclicly through the files opened... It seems to be related to the fact that the same worksheets had been opened...

chart on the report
I wanted to have a chart on my report base on my table or query. Are there any controls support this? Your help is great asppreciated, Click on the Query. choose Insert, Report. Choose Chart Wizard. If you want the report to be linked to a field in your report (eg a different sales chart for each employee) then you can make the chart a subreport, putting in the correct section of your report eg the Details section and in the Properties box of the subreport choose the Master and Child fields (the Unique field that the chart and the main report have in common - usually a primary key field) ...

Create external database

Retrieving current custom sort settings
Is there a way to retrieve the current custom sort settings stored with a worksheet? ...

How to create pie chart with %

Changing the default sort order of Inbox
I would like to change the startup sorting order of my inbox in Outlook. For example, I would like to have the most recent emails on the top of my list (Received column) when the progam first starts. Just pressing the column header to change the order, moving the selection to the top of the list, then closing Outlook does not achieve this. It does not remember my last sort and the sort order reverts to new emails on the BOTTOM of the list. I would like the reverse of this. Any ideas? "alanporter" <alanporter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

excel with another reporting tool?
hi, I have only worked on vba macros where my input and output is both excel. Using macros most of the time it crashes and the end-user is then not comfortable with it. I wanted to go for a better solution. Not sure how go to about it. I was thinking of generating crystal reports. If i use crystal reports how is the format generated. I wanted to its feasibility study. Anyone who has done some work on this please go suggest. Will the end user have the authority to still edit the report. WIll it contain the formulas as we fianlly see in the excel. Please provide any infomartion that...

Outlook Word Editor Curser Default
While typing an email in Outlook 2003 using MS Word editor, the curser goes to another location if you hesitate while composing the email. This drives a person crazy because you can't take your eyes off the screen for a moment. There is an option setting to set the curser off the default setting meaning the curser goes the message box automatically. This fixed it a over year ago, but when I downloaded updates the setting regressed back and I forgot how to correct this problem. HELP!! ...

how do I copy a range to a new sheet
Now that I this group solved my problem of flagging dates of my club members as "expired", how would I automatically copy all of the members that are expired to a new worksheet so I can use this for a mail merge? I would need to check the condition of the expired column, YES or NO, then copy the yes's name and address columns only to a new page. TIA Why not just add that column and when you use mailmerge, just include the records with that flag set the way you need? If you really want to copy the rows, you could apply Data|Filter|Autofilter and filter to show just those mem...

when form created

Set Function Keys
Hello All! I'm trying to set the function keys with me.KeyPrewiew and on KeyDown. I realized that it doesn't work all the time, because of the default settings. for example F1 key will display Help many times, even I set it to something else. Is there a way to set the vbKeyF1 or the rest of the keys, and disable the default setting? Thanks in advance Abe The KeyDown event of the *form* should work (with KeyPreview on.) To suppress the normal use of the key, destroy the keystroke with: KeyCode = 0 If you wanted something application-wide (not just for one form), you could...

excel crashing #3
I have windows XP and Excel 2003 with all the latest service packs. When I am trying to save an excel file to a floppy it always lock up after 3 or 4 times. Excel will just crash and it would take a restart of the whole computer before it will act right. I have tried other floppies, copying a different file all together from excel, swapping drives, reinstalling the whole office suite, reinstalling McAfee Virus Scan, etc. I did notice that it is something with excel and the floppy drive as a whole because I could copy all day long to the floppy random files from word, my c drive, a few f...