How do I create a sales funnel graph/chart with Excel?

0
CharlesJ (1)

CharlesJ  -

It might help if you describe the kind of chart you want (and the data upon
which it is based).

A Google search for "sales funnel chart" yields approx. 125,000 results.
Some examples seem to be quantitative (with what some chart gurus might
regard as unnecessary deception using length and areas), and some seem to be
merely line diagrams, not based on numerical data.

-  Mike
www.mikemiddleton.com

CharlesJ  -

It might help if you describe the kind of chart you want (and the data upon
which it is based).

A Google search for "sales funnel chart" yields approx. 125,000 results.
Some examples seem to be quantitative (with what some chart gurus might
regard as unnecessary deception using length and areas), and some seem to be
merely line diagrams, not based on numerical data.

-  Mike
www.mikemiddleton.com

Hi,

 From an earlier post. May funnel is another variation?

Also know as tornado or pyramid charts.
See these examples.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/tornadochart.html
http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/tornado/index.html

Cheers
Andy

CharlesJ wrote:

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

EXCEL: Separating data from 1 cell into multiple cells
I have thousands of cells in a report with information that I need to separate into different cells. Ex. one cell: Arch | South | All Points | Extreme I need an automated way to get each of the 4 names separated by "|" into its own cell. Any suggestions? Thanks, Heather (heatherjoslyn@yahoo.com) Hi, Highlight the column, Text to columns, Delimited, next, check only the Other box and copy your | in the box beside it, next, finish "HeatherJ" wrote: > I have thousands of cells in a report with information that I need to > separate in...

run an excel file remotely
Hi all i got an excel application that generates reports from underlying pivot tables. the reports are generated using excel 2003. but most of the clients donot have licenses for 2003 and some of the features of 2003 cannot be used when the file is opened from the client system. for example GETPIVOTDATA is not very flexible as it was in 2003 version. So is it possible to run the excel application from the server without being copied to the client system. This also helps in maintaing single version of the excel file rather than multiple versions on each client system. Thanks in adva...

OLE notes for sales order attaches to more than one order
I am attaching an OLE note to a sales order. After I do this, the note appears on about 10 different sales orders at the same time. If you delete the note from any of the orders, it deletes it from all of the orders. Order numbers are not sequential, not the same customers, not the same sales batch, etc. I can't see any common factor in this particular group of orders. We have been running GP 7.5 for about three years, and never had a problem with notes until recently. The note index value is the same in SOP10100. There is a knowledgebase article on how to update the notes mas...

create a roster

Removing duplicate records with long names in Excel 2007
Greetings, This is probably a very simple question, sorry. I have annual lists of company names and am trying to make a report of changes in the lists; companies added and companies dropped. The problem is that the names in the register are long and have lots of abbreviations which might differ from year to year; one extra dot, a space missing etc., thus, making the records for the same company differ from year to year. Now, how can I filter two lists to remove the same records? Is there a function to do that? Generally, for the same company, the first two words in the name r...

Several (x, y) coordinated lines on one graph
I am trying to plot for the general (x, y) coordinated dataset. For example, Series A (1, 50) (8, 90) (10, 300) (300, 500) Series B (3, 80) (400, 90) Series C (30, 80) (200, 120) and so on. The data is store on single worksheet Series Name x coordinate y coordinate A 1 50 A 8 90 A 10 300 A 300 500 B 3 80 B ...

A self Instruction Book On Excel 2003
I am trying to find a text book on excel 2003 that will show me how to use Excel and give me the data to put into the spread sheet. Some of the features I am looking for are, Amortization, Creating Macros and The function and Chart Wizard. If you could please include an ISBN# to locate the text to get me started on Excel 2003. John List of books at Debra Dalgleish's site. Some have CD's attached http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlbooks.html Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 2 Oct 2007 12:57:23 -0700, John <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to find ...

Task Create - Status

footer in excel #2
What is the easiest way to make a footer in excel that will print ON EVERY PAGE? EXCEL 2000 Page Setup Header/Footer Put your entry in Footer "LED1" <LED1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D226F524-7267-48D9-98AE-A1C768B6921E@microsoft.com... : What is the easiest way to make a footer in excel that will print ON EVERY : PAGE? EXCEL 2000 ...

Scale tab missing on chart format button. Urgent!
I clicked on the chart format button while formatting a chart and I am required to click on the scale tab to change the number of tick-mark labels and more. I know this is done by clicking on the scale tab but I just have the patterns, font and properties. Where is it and how can I fix this fast. Please help! MM - Did you miss the axis and actually double click on the chart area? That dialog has Patterns, Font, and Properties. I think it's the only chart element with a Properties tab. Does Patterns have Border and Area sub sections? It's not the format axis dialog you've o...

ALT-TAB not working with excel 2000
My problem is, as in the subject, that pressing ALT-TAB to switch among the files opened in Excel 2000 doesn't work anymore. I tried to re-install withouth success. I can only use CTRL-TAB because you haven't multiple sessions running (as usual in Excel 2000) but only one task of Excel. So, it's impossible to use ALT-TAB. Unfortunately, CTRL-TAB isn't useful as ALT-TAB because you can't switch from the current worksheet and the last used but you have to pass cyclicly through the files opened... It seems to be related to the fact that the same worksheets had been opened...

chart on the report
I wanted to have a chart on my report base on my table or query. Are there any controls support this? Your help is great asppreciated, Click on the Query. choose Insert, Report. Choose Chart Wizard. If you want the report to be linked to a field in your report (eg a different sales chart for each employee) then you can make the chart a subreport, putting in the correct section of your report eg the Details section and in the Properties box of the subreport choose the Master and Child fields (the Unique field that the chart and the main report have in common - usually a primary key field) ...

Is there any way to rename the Sales Process Term?
We are trying to adapt CRM for a not for profit and Sales Process is the wrong term. I did not see it in the site map and there does not seem to be an entity. Is there any way to rename this? -- Ivan Cole probably not without hacking around with the source code of crm ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Ivan Cole" <IvanCole@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:67DCACB5-594F-43BB-A122-CE39F3F2A35E@microsoft.com... > We are trying to adapt CRM for a not for profit and Sales Process is the &g...

Create external database

How to create pie chart with %

excel with another reporting tool?
hi, I have only worked on vba macros where my input and output is both excel. Using macros most of the time it crashes and the end-user is then not comfortable with it. I wanted to go for a better solution. Not sure how go to about it. I was thinking of generating crystal reports. If i use crystal reports how is the format generated. I wanted to its feasibility study. Anyone who has done some work on this please go suggest. Will the end user have the authority to still edit the report. WIll it contain the formulas as we fianlly see in the excel. Please provide any infomartion that...

Sales Process error message in web client
When viewing an opportunity in the web client, if the user goes to activities and then selects the sales process tab (next the activities and history tabs), we get the following error: An error has occurred. Contact your system administrator. No one knows what to do about this. Any suggestions? It would be nice to be able to see the summary like all the books show. Thanks. Hi normally your can solve an error like this one by following this procedure: Clear the Outlook Forms Cache in the Microsoft CRM Sales for Outlook client. 1. Open Microsoft Outlook, and then click Options f...

Saving excelXP file to use on p.c with Excel 97?
Hi i need to save my files i create from my home computer using office Xp to my office p.c which is running office 97. I have tried it but everytime i save my file at work i geta message stating that the file was created on xp and some latest features may be missing. How i can save so i do not get this message or indeed if i can actually do it? Thanks in advance I don't think you can avoid the message - the important point would be to use features common to both - then you may get the message, but it would be of no consequence. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy Mena <etracing@netconnect...

Web query financial data into chart
Via a web query I import the Euro/Dollar exchange rate during e.g. 2.00 pm to 5.00 pm in a cell of an Excel sheet with a refresh rate of 1 minute. I like to plot this rate versus time over this period. How can I realize that? regards, Louis -- loconel ------------------------------------------------------------------------ loconel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33481 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=532821 You would have to use a macro to store the info on a sheet with a automatic defined name for the gra...

when form created