how do I create a cluster chart?

How do I create a stacked cluster chart in Excel?
0
JoanH (1)

Jon Peltier's instructions should help you.

http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/format.html#ClusterStack

"JoanH" wrote:

> How do I create a stacked cluster chart in Excel?
0
BarbR (262)
4/15/2005 7:29:01 PM
JoanH,

There can be several types of clustered charts in Excel.  For example, you
can have a clustered column which consists of a series of columns.  Or, you
can have a series of bars, which consists of horizonal bars.  Finally, there
are a number of combination charts that could be considered clustered.

To create a simple clusted column chart, set the data up on your spreadsheet
in a similar fashion to this (note two columns - one has names, the other has
data):

Dave	6
Frank	4
Kim 	7
Bill	6

Assuming the data set above is contained in the range A1:B4, select the
range.  Click on the Chart Wizard icon.  Under the standard types tab, choose
Column -> Clustered Column.

----
Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com

"JoanH" wrote:

> How do I create a stacked cluster chart in Excel?

Chart Legend #3
I have Line charts on various sheets. The charts are identical in size. There are 12 items graphed on each chart. However, the legend on each of the charts seems to be displaying different numbers of charted items. I'm not sure how to explain this clearly. On one chart's legend, it might show 12 items (three columns with four items each), which is correct. Another chart's legend may only show 2 columns totally only eight items (it should be 12). I even have one chart's legend showing only 4 items (as if it is only one column displaying). I can't figure out what...

Changing vertical axis in chart in Excel
I have created a chart in exel that is supposed to represent monthly sales throughout the year in various categories. The vertical axis, which i need to reflect dollar amounts only reflect percentages. The months and the categories are correct. How can I change that vertical axis to match the financial data in my worksheet. I have the months in row A, and I have the categories in column 1. The financial data is in the corresponding cells. I'm running Office 2OO7. ...

How do I put captions on Excel charts?
I need to put identifying captions/labels below Excel charts. I've used something that I think was called captions in the past, but can't remember how to do it. These captions were outside the borders of the chart, but were linked to the chart so when I moved the chart, the caption stayed with it. If your drawing toolbar is open you can click on the text box icon and create comments that way. Hope this helps. Best of Luck, J pgrizzell wrote: > I need to put identifying captions/labels below Excel charts. I've used > something that I think was called captions in the p...

How can I change the chart so date is up and down and data is acro
I have a chart that has the date across the bottom (category axis) and the data up the side (value axis). I want to change these. Is this possible? Hi, It depends on what chart type you are using. Have a look at Jon Peltier's example for a line chart. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Y_CategoryAxis.html Cheers Andy speet wrote: > I have a chart that has the date across the bottom (category axis) and the > data up the side (value axis). I want to change these. Is this possible? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info =?Utf-8?B?c3BlZXQ=?= Wrote: &...

How can I create a single paragraph from standard statements?
I have several text statements, each within its own cell, A1:A10 I want novice users to be able to pick and mix one or more of these, string them together in any order, e.g. A2, A5, A1, in another cell (A15), then edit that cell to link the statements into a single grammatically correct paragraph. Is this possible? If Y how? TIA Chris. If each statement is a sentence in its own right, then you could do this; =A2&". "&A5&". "&A10&"." Or, if you already have the full stop within the text: =A2&" "&A5&" &qu...

column chart #2
i have the following columns - dates - no. of boxes packed - no. of boxes to be packed. how do i do a column chart which compares the no. of boxes packed vs to be packed ? On Aug 18, 6:08 am, Lynn <moley_c...@yahoo.com.au> wrote: > i have the following columns > - dates > - no. of boxes packed > - no. of boxes to be packed. > > how do i do a column chart which compares the no. of boxes packed vs > to be packed ? Hi Lynn, maybe the site of Jon Peltier will give you some insights: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/index.html Have fun, cheers Michael Hi Lynn th...

How do I create a poster consisting of 4 x A4 pages which get glue
I know this can be done as I have done it some yaers before. It may have been in Power Point however. As I remember I created the poster content on the word document page and then using some option/s one is able to segment the page into 4 quarters, print these and then glue them together. I am using Microsoft Office Student and Teacher 2003 Word cannot create posters - try Publisher. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP...

problem with creating mat files from C++ (visual studio 2005)
Hi, I am having trouble creating mat files from my visual studio 2005 express. For example, the matcreat.c file that is given as an example in the mathworks site, produced 13 linking errors of this type: 1>Linking... 1>matcreat.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mxGetString referenced in function _main (...) this happened although I set up the VC++ directories for include files and libraries to point to the matlab\extern\include and matlab\extern\lib\ respectively. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you ilias PS. Some secondary questions I have: (a) mex -setup...

How can I create an XSD document based on an XML file content?
Is it possible to create your won XSD to use with .NET based on an XML content? For example the one below: <?xml version="1.0"?> <pcats:FuelsDoc xmlns="http://www.naxml.org/Retail-EDI/Vocabulary/2003-10-16" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="NAXML-FuelPrice15.xsd"> <pcats:TransmissionHeader> <pcats:TransmissionId>200706040938</pcats:TransmissionId> <pcats:TransmissionDate>2007-06-04</pcats:TransmissionDate> <pcats:TransmissionTime>09:38:19-06:00</pcats:Transmis...

Create a Query to pull a list of records from large DB
Table 1 has 1 field and 20 records (unique tracking nos.). Table 2 has 8 fields and 900+ records. Field 7 of Table 2 contains the unique tracking nos. -- 20 of which are found in and comprise Table 1. I want to do a query that will pull only the records from Table 2 (with all 8 fields) that match the 20 unique tracking numbers found in Table 1. Can anyone help? -- Mary Create a query that includes both tables. Join the field in Table 1 to Field 7 in Table 2. The query will return only the records you want. PC Datasheet Providing Customers A Resource For Help With Access, Excel And...

Using string data to create charts?
For my class project, our group ended up doing surveys. We collecte hundreds of them and then I manually entered the data into an acces database. I exported the database table as an excel worksheet so that I coul make charts. The problem is that all the data is in string format, and excel doesn' seem to want to make charts using that. For example, we have question that is multiple choice and there are 5 answers, each of whic is a different word. What I am trying to get Excel to do is where I select the column tha the different answers are in and have it count up all the same answer ...

Migration a Cluster Exchange
Hi Friends!!!, I have a native windows 2000 Active directory with Exchange 2000 i separated server. The thing is that i need to install a cluster o exchange using the current server where is Exchange running and anothe server that i have bought. They thing is � which steps must i take to achive the migration proces goal ? is it possible to restore the exchange configuration to other cluste server? Please, i have worried about this topic. Thanks in advance. Regards, Richar - Richard. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.webservertalk.c...

Creating multiple Support Dist Groups
HI, I have an Exchange 2003 server. I host multiple domains on this server and want to have a support@domain.com distibution group for each domain. How can this be done? Thanks David Hi if you are working in exchange 2003 native mode you can create "Query-Based Distributed Group" Regards, Shai Netanel "David" wrote: > HI, I have an Exchange 2003 server. I host multiple domains on this server > and want to have a support@domain.com distibution group for each domain. > How can this be done? > > Thanks > David > > > Thanks for the reply...

creating a chart from multiple files
I run a weekly cash flow analysis and keep the summary files in a folder together. Each one is simply named with the date that it was created on. ex: 'CFA 04-04-05'. My question is -- is there a way to create a chart that looks at all of the different files? Essentially I'd like to be able to chart how the 4 week outlook changed over the last 2 years. I would like to be able to do this without needing to open every single file -- there are quite a few of them, and this would take a significant amount of time. SDeam wrote: > I run a weekly cash flow analysis and ...

Embed Chart
Is it possible to link a chart into my current worksheet like an embedded chart (or something)? Thanx. Brian - I'm not sure what you're asking. If you copy a chart from one workbook (or worksheet) and paste it into another, it will retain its links to the original source of its data. You can change its source data (to its new parent worksheet) using Source Data from the Chart menu. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ briank wrote: > Is it possible to link a chart into my current worksheet > like an...

Displaying null values in charts
I have made some charts with the data populating the underlying tables using Vlookups. However as they are populated over time i dont want to show any null values. I have tried the following formula =IF(D14=0,"",D14) to convert the 0 values in to a null value but it still shows it on the chart. Do you know how to get around this and if it is possible. Use NA() instead of "". -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <3F8AEA4E-968E-4E6F-B448-6A2A6F362C15@micros...

Size of plot area expands when Chart Title is deleted
Hi, I have a worksheet with about 8 charts on it. On all but 1 chart, when I delete the Chart Title, the plot area expands. Can anyone tell me why this happens? I'm no chart expert and I can't seem to find any obvious setting that would control that behavior. -- TIA Chuck M. If you have not manually adjusted the plot area size, Excel considers it the default size. This default size changes based on whether there are axis titles, a chart title, and a legend. Adding or removing any of these features causes the Excel to change the plot area, To prevent this behavior, change the ...

Link between forms when the child field is part of the primary key causing crashes when creating new records in main form
This is access 2003. I'm making a form to create new records in a main table and simultaneously allow the user to create records linking them to data from a second. The link table data is shown as an embedded form within the main form. The link table has two columns to store foreign keys from the main table and a lookup table. I want it to have a compound primary key composed of the two foreign keys. The problem is that if I have the compoundPK set and then create a new record in the main form/table or have the secondary form set to link MainTablePK between the child and master forms ...

Creating a list in a cell
Hello. This is my first message to this group. I just want to create a cell whose content is restricted to the items or values in a list. The list would be static, and it wouldn't be a problem to fill the list by hand, as it is not expected to contain much many items. The user then could go to the cell and simply select one of the values in the list, by means of a drop down control or similar. Is there any standard option in Excel to do that? I tried something called "lists", but it doesn't work as I would like. Thank you very much in advance!! -- Vicent Hi Vincent Se...

Need help creating a counter
I am trying to complete the following in a query. It has two different calculations. Counter SKU Record_Counter 1 0783D 1 1 0783D 2 2 100 1 2 100 2 2 100 3 3 10110045 1 3 10110045 2 3 10110045 3 3 10110045 4 3 10110045 5 3 10110045 6 3 10110045 7 3 10110045 8 3 10110045 9 4 10110090 1 4 10110090 2 5 10110162 1 5 10110162 2 6 10110575 1 6 10110575 2 I assume you start with the second field and want to get the first and third one, right? I did tested the following (air code). May miss parenthesis or something like that. To get the third column, you can start with a driver table, a table,...

plotting charts #2
I have a chart in a worksheet and it pulls it information from the same worksheet. The amount of items may vary in the chart so i need to be able to plot just the cells with information in them instead of having a huge graph that is plotting all the cells. The format of my worksheet does not change. Hi, See here for details on dynamic ranges. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html Cheers Andy enyaw wrote: > I have a chart in a worksheet and it pulls it information from the same > worksheet. The a...

Create calendar item/mtg request when people register for webinar?
Hi! I need assistance with figuring out how to generate an Outlook calendar item whenever people register for a webinar or other activity through our website. Is a plug-in available? Ideally, whenever someone signs up for an activity through our website, it would then forward a meeting item to their Outlook calendar. I've seen this done in so many places. "jasovi" <jasovi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EDED7311-4B37-4D4A-A0F5-B77C982D2014@microsoft.com... > Hi! I need assistance with figuring out how to generate an Outlook calendar &...

MS Excel charts
When I tried to add a Trendline to an Excel chart today the Add Trendline option was inactive. I ran Detect and Repair and it did not appear. Any ideas what the fix might be? ...

BUG in Excel 2007
To duplicate this bug, create a chart with two lines with an x-axis that contains consecutive dates. Then, add a plot chart series (again with date x-axis) and add data labels to it. IMPORTANT: Then, change the plot chart to plot using the primary axis. Finally, save and reopen the file. The data labels disappear and you cannot re-add them. Hello Blake, I would love to investigate this but I need more info. Please define "plot chart" When you say "Then, add a plot chart series (again with date x-axis) and add data labels to it" do you mean add a series to the existing...

Stacked chart #3
Hi, I have income distribution functions for different countries and I am trying to stack these curves. The data looks in this way: Country 1 Country 2 x y x y 5 0.2 7 0.1 8 0.4 9 0.3 10 0.3 12 0.5 15 0.1 20 0.1 Where x is the mean income and y is the % of the population. My problem plotting the curves is that different countries have different range of x values. And I want to keep them when I am stacking the curves. When I use stacked line chart excel considers the x values as categorical ...