I wish to plot a number of errors made by each users and compare it over
time.  I have a column of user ID's and a column of dates.  I want the chart
to count the number of times each user ID appears and plot against it's
corresponding date.  However, each time I try to do this, the chart appears
wrong.  Any ideas?
0
stephen (112)

In article <9595B2A1-8282-4AB3-8511-A6776E108164@microsoft.com>,
Stephen@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> I wish to plot a number of errors made by each users and compare it over
> time.  I have a column of user ID's and a column of dates.  I want the chart
> to count the number of times each user ID appears and plot against it's
> corresponding date.  However, each time I try to do this, the chart appears
> wrong.  Any ideas?

I don't quite understand what you want to do.  If you count the number
of times a userid appears, how would you then relate this count against
one specific date.

In general, the simplest way to handle these kind of analysis (whether
count by userid or count by userid by date) is with a PivotTable and an
associated pivotchart.  See Data | Pivottable and Pivotchart report...
Once you have the Pivottable, put the userid as a row field (depending
on what you really want the date field may also be a row field).  Put
the userid (or date) as the data field.  If the default XL picks is not
'count of {field}' change it to count.

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions
I'm sorry, I must have phrased it wrong.  What I meant to say was that I
wanted the ID plotted against it's corresponding date each time it shows up.
I've tried a pivot table, but the data is incorrect.  For example, one of the
ID's has only 2 errors on 2 different dates, but the chart shows it as if it
has 1 error on every date but 3.  Those 3 dates are the dates that the user
actually had an error and it shows 2 errors on those dates, and the other is
one date where the user has no errors and it shows 0 (which it should).  I
want the chart to reflect the actual number of errors per date.
0
stephen (112)

Get run time from date time stamps
I need to get run time in minutes from between a series of date/time stamps. I have no clue of how to do this.. any help would be greatly appreciated On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 14:18:04 -0700, GWB <GWB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to get run time in minutes from between a series of date/time stamps. >I have no clue of how to do this.. any help would be greatly appreciated Probably by using the DateDiff() function: DateDiff("n", [StartTime], [EndTime]) will calculate the difference in time in miNutes ("m" is Months). It's not cle...

Using form to enter "query criteria" (between values)
Good morning everyone, I want to create a form with two boxes, where first box is lower limit of the value and the second upper limit. This values should be used in my query as filter criteria. Like this (query filter criteria): > "textbox1" AND < "textbox2" Does anyone know how I can build this in a form (i.e. connect my textboxes and query criteria)? Kindly, Mikael Sweden By thinking about for another minute I found the (simple) answer. In the query criteria I put the following expression: BETWEEN [forms].[nameofform].[NameofDatefield1] AND [forms].[name...

Downloading Bank Transactions Multiple Times (MSM2003)
If you download transactions from your bank (or whatever) multiple times -- say downloading all transactions several times a month -- will Money (2003 in my case) recognize that this has been done and ignore the duplicates, or will it just require matching and/or reconcilliation each time. I'd like to keep my Money records up-to-date (i.e., not wait to the end of the month) without having to keep track of which transactions have or have not been downloaded. Currently, I download to a file all transactions for a given statement cycle each month on or after the statement closing date. This...

Pivot table and counting.

Cycle Counting

Count

Line count

getting rid of zero values in a column
i have a set of data on a column that i`ll use to plot on a graph and find a trendline for its behaviour...problem is: there is zero values in some cells that were not calculated... i want to copy this data in a new column getting rid of cells with zero value because it results in a wrong trendline...how can i do this?please help this is an example of what i mean: 1 1 3 3 4 4 0 6 6 3 3 1 0 0 0 1 One of the simpler ways is to hide the rows for the cells that have zeros and then plot the graph. "kafoury123" wrote: > i have a set of data on a ...

Multiply all query by same value

Read values from excel rows
hi I am trying to read the values from a excel row. There are 89 columns for each row and same number of data in each rows. Kindly help regards shantanu shantanu, You need to explain how/where you want to read them.... From another workbook, another worksheet, a VBA function, a macro, a C# application? HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "shantanu" <shantanusenin@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1184298794.259390.216180@i38g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > hi > I am trying to read the values from a excel row. There are 89 > columns for each row and same number of da...

updating time once only when a cell is filled
Hi, Excuse my lack of experience with excel, I tried to get an answer googling for this problem I have, but I didn't succeed yet solving it. I'm trying to fill a form using excel, but I want that whenever a cell is filled, the time it was filled is updated. The problem I find is that time is updated in all the cells whenever a cell is change, do I make myself clear?, imagine I have these table: A B 1 +if(a1="","",now()) 2 +if(a2="","",now()) So initially I have: A B 1 2...

Counting sales

How to retrieve value from specific cell value?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to retrieve value from specific cell value with specific worksheet? I would like to create a if-statement within macro, If specific cell within specific worksheet = 1 then process following code End If Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric hi If Sheets("sheet1").Range("A1") = 1 Then MsgBox "run code" Else MsgBox "skip code" End If regards FSt1 "Eric" wrote: > Does anyone have any suggestions on how to retrieve value from specific cell &...

Value Axis Scale Change Problem #2
Thanks Jon - problem solved -- dp_fulche ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dp_fulcher's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=969 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27033 ...

COUNT ? need formula
Hi, I want to track the results of my teams sales performance. I record if it is a sale, no sale, cancelled etc in column M. I thought I'd be able to use the COUNT function/formula to be able to search for all the SALES in column M and place the result in a cell ( column O )but I can't work it out. Any ideas? Damian Hi! Try this: =COUNTIF(M1:M100,"sale") Biff "Diamond Jones" <kwanzaNOSPAM@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:43a0e897$0$17704$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au... > Hi, > > I want to track the results of my teams sales perf...

Prompted to accept terms and cond for every prog every time its op
I run Windows 7 Home Premium and Office 2003 Professional. I have only been up and running for about a week now. Everythinng has worked out fine other than being prompted to accept the terms and conditions for each program in office, every time that they are opened up. Anybody have any ideas? I encountered a similar problem with Vista and Office. Every time one of the office products opened, it went through the reconfiguration process. I know it's not the same as your problem, but the solution might be the same. From this link: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forum...

Count Function
I am creating a report for the number of pupils being collected at a certain collection time e.g. 14:00hr and 15:00hrs using the formula =Count([Child Last Name]) in the collection time footer However when i try to count the overall number of pupils in the footer using the same formula, 'Error' appears on screen? Thanks There are potentially a dozen footer sections in a report. Which one is giving you a problem? What is the name of the control? What is the exact formula? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "ELo" wrote: > I am creating a r...

Counting a count
How do I count a count?? This is what im trying to do: I have a database with a table named tblMain and has incorporated everything within that table but contains info from about 8 other tables. I have not doesigned this database and it appears to have a very poor structure...anyway There are three fields involved in this process...'Request' (either 'dispensation', 'waiver' or 'dispensation and waiver'), 'Department' (which consists of 7 other drop down menu options) and 'RequestStatus' which contains the status of each request by another...

data validation
I have used MS Excell 97 and would like to define the validation rul over the celles in one column, so that text(or number) value entered i the every next cell to be unique in relation to the all previou completed celles. If somebody knows the decision of the problem -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try Debra Dalgleish's page at: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal07.html (Prevent Duplicates) -- Rgds Max xl 97 -- Please respond, in newsgroup xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com --- "doynovam >" <<doynovam.14at0j@excelforum-nospam.com> wr...

XY charts: can't plot Y vs. value of X
I'm trying to plot the values of Y (in column C) vs. the values of X (in column A), but the chart plots the spreadsheet line number rather than the column A value, even though the pop-up window shows column A is select for the x-axis. Also, it is now very difficult to select the data points in different columns. It was easy before, by holding down the shift/control keys and using the arrow keys. I really hate the 2007 version! I was VERY proficient with XL before, and now I am totally helpless trying to create some simple X-Y charts. The help tools are totally worthless! Microso...

Max Value in a cell
I want the value of a sum of few cellls to not exceed 50. Example ; Sum (A1:E1) will show in F1 cell the value of 56. Can I make F1 cell shows the value of 50 instead of 56. Tq for ur kind help. "razlan" <zainuddinz@gmail.com> wrote: > I want the value of a sum of few cellls to not exceed 50. > Example ; Sum (A1:E1) will show in F1 cell the value of 56. > Can I make F1 cell shows the value of 50 instead of 56. =MIN(50, SUM(A1:E1)) =MIN(SUM(A1:E1),50) will return the Sum's value until it exceeds 50 and then it will return 50 best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Micr...

Count Problem
Hi I have 20 cells in a single column in a sheet called "Audits" All the cells have a formula in them. The formula is a simple one that reads whatever I put into a cell on a different worksheet called "Names" ie: =Names!A1 = Names!A2 etc etc I would like to have a formula that counts up all the results I get in the sheet called "Audits" At the moment if I enter (let say) 15 names in the "Names" sheet the result is that I see the same 15 names in the "Audits" sheet, however the COUNTA formula returns a total of 20. SO obviously...