How do I copy a graph of a data page to a new data page.

Excel will not copy or move a set of graphs of one data page and let me set
the data source to another data page. It says it has a problem and closes
without saving the excel file.
0
Jackrc (1)

I can't comment on the error. But a better way to make a second page with
data and charts that look the same as a first page, is to copy the whole
first page, so the copied charts link to the data on the copied sheet, and
then copy/paste special values or formulas the new data over the data on the
copied sheet. It's much easier to paste a whole bunch of data than to change
the data source on a whole bunch of charts.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"Jackrc" <Jackrc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Excel will not copy or move a set of graphs of one data page and let me
> set
> the data source to another data page. It says it has a problem and closes
> without saving the excel file.

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

DVD Copy Pro for Mac

collect data from mail merge
If I create a mail merge in Word with some blank space for data entry, can I collect the feedbacks from returned word file, and consolidate them in excel ? Can you give a little more information about what you are trying to do. Excel is a pretty powerful tool; almost certainly you can do what you want. Ryan--- -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''. "data collection" wrote: > If I create a mail merge in Word with some blank space for data entry, can I > collect the feedbacks from returned wo...

Data labels #9
My data labels in my bar chart don't look the same after printing as they do on the screen. I try to manually move them but they still don't look the same after printing. Any thoughts? Are they embedded charts or chart sheets? If you select an embedded chart and print it, it will print as a chart sheet, and there's likely to be a fair amount of distortion. When printing and embedded chart, print the worksheet it's on. When printing a chart sheet, uncheck the setting in Tools menu > Options > Charts for Chart Sizes to Window Frame. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Micr...

Import/copy calendar in Outlook 2003

page numbering #2
I'm working on a landscape Excel document...the document will become part of a booklet,and I need the page numbers at the bottom of the page, but in portrait. Any help? ...

Copy info from one workbook to another?

Secondary Copy

local copy of mail

Outlook 2000 SP3

How do I create Page 1 of X style page numbers?
I wish to create page numbers that automatically update themselves in this format: Page 1 of X (i.e. a 10 page document would say Page 1 of 10, Page 2 of 10, etc). Can this be done in Publisher automatically? Go to the master page, type *page* before the # and *of 10* after the #. (Without the asterisk) -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Paresh" <Paresh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50BEFAA8-6EFD-48DC-ABAC-F117296BF0B1@microsoft.com... >I wish to create page numbers that automa...

Moving Outlook to a new computer #2
I am trying to move my Outlook 2003 to a new computer and can not see how to move all of my customization with it. For example, the catagories additions I made and all of the rules I set up for lables. Can someone point me to an article that gives you the details? Thanks ...

Copy picture ossice wizard

Log data in a shared workbook
Hi all Is it possible to have a spreadsheet which logs data from anothe without over writing each other's data, even though several colleague are inputting and saving in this shared sheet at different times. Eg. Sheet 1 has various data Sheet 2 - A1,2,3, etc = first save Sheet 3 - B1,2,3, etc = second save Etc. ...for the day Cheers Joe -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Joey Would you consider writing to a CSV file? You could use VBA's text file functions to write directly to the file, but the file would still open in Excel. One advantage would be that...

Blank cells in graph
I have a a line graph that displays customer behaviour in a number of categories. The data source for the graph is a table that refreshes every time a different 'customer' is selected from a macro drop-down list above the table, drawing data from another table. All the blank cells from the table are plotted as zero on the line graph, and I can't seem to change it so that the blank cells are not plotted on the line graph at all. I've tried going to Tools>Options>Chart, but the 'Plot empty cells as' options are all greyed out except for the 'Zero' opt...

Saving Outlook Calendar as Web Page
When I'm trying to save a personal calendar as a web page, there is a date/day mismatch after Jan 1, 2005. In other words, the correct Jan 1, 2005 falls on a Saturday, but when I save it as a webpage, Jan 1, 2005 falls on a Friday, and all the appointments are off by one day also. Anyone else seen this and what can I do?? Jim This is a well documented problem. I posted the same question on 9/17 at... http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/community/NewsGroups/default.mspx?query=2005&dg=microsoft.public.outlook&cat=exchange&lang=en&cr=US&pt=&catlist=C9163434-DE68...

Create New Report
Hi there, To set the scene, i'm using web client of 4.0, and i'm not a programmer. Currently, out-of-the-box functionality allows you to run a report called "Quote" which presents the data in a good format, almost good enough to hand to a customer. What I need is this report, but with our logo's embedded, and a few fields added/moved/removed, but i can't figure out how to edit layout options or content options, and I can't even seem to create a similar report from scratch (as they all appear to relate to exisitng XML reports out of the box). I'll be...

subtotal copy and paste

GP Home Page
Does anyone know if there is a way to add or change a Metric on the GP Home page? Running GP9. Thanks. Craig You need to use Dexterity to do it. But it is possible. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Craig" wrote: > Does anyone know if there is a way to add or change a Metric on the GP Home > page? Running GP9. Thanks. > > Craig > > > Specifically, the Integration Guide manual (IG.pdf) that is installed with Dexterity (on the second GP disc) contains information about how to create metrics. You're probably better off with metrics created in Busines...

MFC application using properysheet and property page do not pop up when navigating between propertypages
Hi, I created a modeless propertysheet, i have added propertypages, when the application is launched the dialog appears on the screen, when i select any page and launch a browser so that the my application is hidden behind the launched browser, now wheen i click on the application in task bar tha dialog is not shown on the dialog.. can anyone help me in this regard. ...

Copying graphs

Copying Views

Comparing two columns of data and Highlighting the Differences
I have values (mix of text and numbers)in column A and B. Each cell value in column B is also in column A. I want to highlight (Change Fill color to Red) for example) all those cells in column A that are also present in the column B. Any help writting a Macro will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Harapa No macro needed. Select Column A's Data. Use Format/Conditional Formatting. Change "Cell Value Is" to "Formula Is" Assuming A1 is the active cell, enter this formula: =NOT(ISERROR(MATCH(A1,$B$1:$B$500,0))) click Format, click Patterns tab, select Red fill patte...