How do I color specific data series based on location on data she

I have about 150 data series in a chart and I want to color e.g. 10 of them
red based on where in the data sheet they are located, e.g. data i column J
to T. Is there an easy way to do this?
0
Havard (2)

Format one of them the way you want.   Select the other series you want to
change and press F4.   This may be difficult with 150 series, however.

"Havard" <Havard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have about 150 data series in a chart and I want to color e.g. 10 of
them
> red based on where in the data sheet they are located, e.g. data i column
> to T. Is there an easy way to do this?

0
breinhardt (272)

CDialog background color
Hello, How can change the background colour of a dialog programmatically? Best regards >How can change the background colour of a dialog programmatically? Handle the WM_CTLCOLORDLG message (OnCtlColor CTLCOLOR_DLG in MFC) and return a brush of the colour you want. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq Thanks but it didn't work! here is the code that I wrote: HBRUSH CDialogAppCon::OnCtlColor(CDC* pDC, CWnd* pWnd, UINT nCtlColor) { HBRUSH hbr = CDialog::OnCtlColor(pDC, pWnd, nCtlColor); // TODO: Change any attributes of the DC here // TODO: Return a different b...

Automatically Updating Excel Data In Word Doc Inside Excel File
I have inserted a "Word" object icon into an Excel file (Tab 1) and then used paste link to display data updates from other tabs in the same Excel file in the Word document that is in Tab 1. I am looking for a way to have the links from the Excel Tab 1 file that are in the Word file automatically updated and independent of the Excel filename. Problem is that when I put the Word document icon into the Excel file, open it, paste link data from the same Excel file and then rename the Excel file later the links are not automatically reflecting the new Excel name. The new Exce...

Color
Hi, I'm a new programmer with C++ We are using VC++6 I'd like to know if it's possible to give a backgroung color to a label (static text) from my code. I want to change the background color of a lable (static text) depending on what the user choose from a combo box color Thanks I think you can subclass your "static class" window and write your own WM_ERASEBKGND message handler.... Something like this: ------%<-----------%<--------------- class CMyStaticText: public CStatic { public: afx_msg BOOL OnEraseBkgnd(CDC *); DECLARE_MESSAGE_MAP() } BEGIN_MES...

how to automatically run a report with parameters and email the report based on
Hi all, I have a report which uses a username as an input parameter. I need to schedule the report to run automatically and email only the page of the report which belongs to each user, to that user's email address. The stored procedure I'm using for the report already uses the username as an input parameter. The problem is that I cannot automatically run the report for each of the parameter values separately. Thanks in advance... ...

Change cell color after processes
In this program which works until I added the .cells color - basically I want to color the cell if it existed and was moved or a different color if the file was not found. I keep getting a type mismatch. The code is below. 'Primary program ' Sub RunThroughList() Dim I As Long Dim Destination As String Dim Lastrow As Long Lastrow = Worksheets(1).Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row For I = 1 To Lastrow MoveFiles Range("A" & I).Value, "P:\Web_ICC\Archive_Test\", I Cells("A", I).Interior.ColorIndex = 6 Next End Sub 'Sub routin...

Color Scheme Disapeared?
Several lines were shaded the standard beige that appears on the color scheme chart when the color chart icon is pressed in Excel 2000. To my surprise ... and for no known reason... all lines shaded with that color changed to a cruddy gray. When I looked at the chart again, where the beige had been is now that crummy gray... as it appears in several other boxes of that chart now. When I place my cursor over those boxes of gray, I get a text reading of "Color Scheme" rather than the name of the color the cursor is on. What the heck happened and how do I get that beige back? Never ...

Relate a case to a knowledge base article
Is there a way to relate a case to a knowledge base article? Maybe put a link to the article on the details tab (under other) of the case information? Thanks! "tmiller" wrote: > Is there a way to relate a case to a knowledge base article? Maybe put a > link to the article on the details tab (under other) of the case information? > > Thanks! > Sorry I butted in hear. I am trying to find a way to tell Microsoft that someone is trying to sell me copies of WindowsXP Pro Hi, I'm looking for the same thing, did you find a solution? Thanks, Sjourd Wijdeve...

Help formatting text color based on formula
I have searched the forum and find some things that help but not quite enough. I have a table of numbers. In fact there are 300 rows of 5 colums of numbers. What I would like to do is to change the color of the number if it matches one of 5 other numbers. Example Reference #s 2 6 23 43 48 01 02 09 08 14 06 14 23 43 44 03 11 23 24 52 etc etc etc etc The example list is already populated. When the reference numbers are entered I want any number in the example list that matches any number in the reference list to change to a specified color. Any way to...

Change border color of active cell??
How can i change the border color of the active cell in Ecell 2004 for MAC?? thanks ...

re: Changing subject/conversation text color <20061123223842noreply@takethisout.registrme.sent.com>
Never mind. I changed it with "Other Settings, Shade Group Headings". Couldn't change the color, but the color is now black on gray (my system setting) and is a lot better. EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com ...

macro that strips data from string
Hi, I am new to VBA & Macros. Appreciate any help I can get. I have a macro that strip's data from a string and it works fine except I need it to strip further in the string. example of results: bunder_linn-S1/0-720L-140.55.135.34-NIPR-1.5M(In) What I need is to strip from the second - to the ( example: bunder_linn-S1/0-720L-140.55.135.34-NIPR-1.5M(In) It can strip and copy to clipboard or to cell b1. Either way will work. This macro was in a word doc, will it work in excel also? Sub AREA_REPORT() ' ' AREA_REPORT Macro ' Selection.Find.ClearFormatting Sele...

Importing data from Outlook into Excel
Hello What I would like to do is import the First Name, Last Name and "Alias" from every email in my Outlook Inbox into an Excel Spreadsheet containing 3 distinct dolumns for the data. We are using Outlook 2003 and Excel 2003, and our organisation uses MS Exchange Servers. If it helps to provide some context, the reason I need to do this is that I am managing a mailbox for an internal journal we produce. Readers wanting to subscribe are asked to send an email to the mailbox and up until now I have been manually going in and looking at their Outlook Properties an...

color in checkbox?
Any way you can have a checkbox turn a color (fill in black or whatever color) when you click on it instead of a checkmark? -- Thanks, Sharon SHARON wrote: > Any way you can have a checkbox turn a color (fill in black or > whatever color) when you click on it instead of a checkmark? Not with a genuine form-field checkbox (although with an exit macro you could change the checkbox's font color, that's not "instead of a checkmark"). Using the technique at http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Add_Toggle_Objects.htm, though, you can make the "checkbox" b...

Palm V transfer of data
Got a new ppc Dell Axim x51v. Palm V only syncs to palm desktop software....this is my understanding. Any way to transfer all my data to outlook or to get it to the new ppc. -- thanx bll "b lea" <blea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88D6F2C5-341A-40D2-9EA0-D9F61F41877C@microsoft.com... > Got a new ppc Dell Axim x51v. Palm V only syncs to palm desktop > software....this is my understanding. Any way to transfer all my data to > outlook or to get it to the new ppc. > -- > thanx bll There is software but not having a Palm I can't tell...

Excel 2007 Change Standard Colors How?
Greetings, I just started Excel 2007. My spreadsheets typically have a lot of cells that are color filled. When I work on a old or new one, I find the light bright color fills of 2003 aren't there as defaults or easy to find without multiple clicks. Is there a way to change the standard colors presented when you click on the paint bucket? Thanks for your help! ...

color code
I have trying to do this, but to no avail. I want cells to change color like: more than 60 days before certain date - they're green 1 - 60 days - they're yellow 0 days and days after - they're red Format | Conditional Format | Cell Value is < A1-60 where the date to check against is in cell A1. Define your Format. Same for the other formats -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "Shihachi" wrote: > I have trying to do this, but to no avail. > I want cells to change color like: > more than 60 days before certain date - they're green > 1 - ...

merged cells data
how to link text or data from a merged cell into another sheet or workbook? Stephen, Use something like =Sheet1!B2 where B2 is the upper left cell address of the merged cells. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Stephen" <kslance@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:D7A8A2FC-B7D9-468D-BADE-2C0C77EFE125@microsoft.com... > how to link text or data from a merged cell into another sheet or workbook? ...

color tab on spreadsheet
hi I have a file with 20 tab and names nearly same. So I would like to color the tab. Do you know how to do it thanks for hel Benjamin Is only possible in Excel 2002 and 2003 Ben -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Ben.c" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:30C7D4B9-F271-45AF-A618-66680BF33EDE@microsoft.com... > hi, > I have a file with 20 tab and names nearly same. So I would like to color the tab. Do you know how to do it ? > thanks for help > Benjamin Only way is to get Office XP (excel 2002)...

Downloading data to Excel from CRM
CRM 3.0 does not download numeric values as numbers in Excel, and it does not save it as an Excel file, is there a fix or work-around for this? ...

Inverting a data column
Greetings, I am attempting to invert a column of numeric data (4000-entries) without choosing ascending or descending order as the data has no numeric order. Is there a command or serise of commands to use without writing a formula to erform the action? Thanks, Mike -- Desmo ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Desmo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25726 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=391357 There may be neater solutions, but until something better comes along, yo...

Passing data from CRM to an ASPX application
How can I pass data (The CRM form field values) from a CRM form to an external ASPX application running in the IFrame. I tried to use OnLoad Event, but I don't know how to communication with the fields of my external application (e.g. Copying the crmForm.all.[FiledName].DataValue to my ASPX application TextBox1.Text) Also, is there a way in which I can save the form field values in a local CSV file that could be used by an external reporting application. I need all this, because people here are using MS CRM Laptop Client for Outlook and they are connected offline most of the time. ...

Cannot send email to specific email server
We can receive emails from, but cannot send emails to another company. Both them and us use 3rd party email services. Each company has been granted domain name type email addresses. Such as "joe@futurecompany.com" where futurecompnay would be the name of our business. We are using outlook 2002 as our client. We have no problems emailing anyone else. The email stays in the outbox, waiting to be sent and we get the error message: Task '"outgoing email server" - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC69): 'Unknown Error 0x800CCC69' I substituted the name of o...

changing font color in multiple textboxes
Hello, I am trying to find out how (if its possible) to change the font color of multiple textboxes at the same time. I changed my background and now i need all the textboxes to have white text instead of black. I have over 100 textboxes so going and changing each text box is quite annoying. Any help is appreciated. kahlan715 wrote: > I am trying to find out how (if its possible) to change the font color of > multiple textboxes at the same time. I changed my background and now i need > all the textboxes to have white text instead of black. I have over 100 > textboxe...

Result changes cell color
Is there a way to fill a cell with a color depending on the result? Basically, I want the following: If cell = 1 Fill cell with Red If cell = 2 Fill cell with Yellow If cell = 3 Fill cell with Green Thanks for any help. format>conditional format>easy from there -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "GSBohn" <genie@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message news:uDoqd.47388$Oc.10064@tornado.tampabay.rr.com... > Is there a way to fill a cell with a color depending on the result? > > Basically, I want the following: > > If cell = 1 Fill cell with ...

printing in color paper
Hi, I'm trying to print in blue and red paper but the text always appear black no matter which font color I choose. Does any one have tried to print non black font in non white paper? Thanks a lot for your help Neither Word nor your printer has any way of knowing what color paper you are putting into your printer. If you try to print (for instance) with red ink on green paper, of course it will look black! On Feb 1, 11:41=A0am, MVR <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, I'm trying to print in blue and red paper but the text always appear > black no m...