How do I change the properties of specific points in a scatter plo

....more specifically, I have been creating elevation profiles of state park
trails and have been changing the points that coincide with intersections to
large circles while leaving the rest of the data series unchanged.  Hovering
over the line with a pointer until I locate the precise point, and then
manually changing it's properties is becoming very time comsuming.  Is there
a way I can automate the process, or at least do multilple points at once??
0
JZip (18)

If I understand the problem correctly, here is a suggestion: use a second
series for the intersections
Let's say the distance values are in A1:A200 and the heights in B1:B100
In column C at each intersection point copy the data from column B (ie at
C12 use =B12)
No select all of C1:C100, use Copy; click chart; use Edit | Paste Special;
specify New Series

best wishes

--
Bernard Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"jzip" <jzip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> ...more specifically, I have been creating elevation profiles of state
> park
> trails and have been changing the points that coincide with intersections
> large circles while leaving the rest of the data series unchanged.
> Hovering
> over the line with a pointer until I locate the precise point, and then
> manually changing it's properties is becoming very time comsuming.  Is
> there
> a way I can automate the process, or at least do multilple points at
> once??

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
12/8/2004 2:41:56 PM
Bernard,
Thx, you nailed it.
I am just now getting accustomed to 'tricking' Excel into doing the stuff
that I want.  It has taken me 3 data series and the XY Labeller to create a
chart that I feel should have been much more simple to make.  MS really has
got a long way to go to make Excel meet our needs.
Thx again for your help.
Jeff
"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

> If I understand the problem correctly, here is a suggestion: use a second
> series for the intersections
> Let's say the distance values are in A1:A200 and the heights in B1:B100
> In column C at each intersection point copy the data from column B (ie at
> C12 use =B12)
> No select all of C1:C100, use Copy; click chart; use Edit | Paste Special;
> specify New Series
>
> best wishes
>
> --
> Bernard Liengme
> www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
> remove CAPS in email address
>

> "jzip" <jzip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > ...more specifically, I have been creating elevation profiles of state
> > park
> > trails and have been changing the points that coincide with intersections
> > large circles while leaving the rest of the data series unchanged.
> > Hovering
> > over the line with a pointer until I locate the precise point, and then
> > manually changing it's properties is becoming very time comsuming.  Is
> > there
> > a way I can automate the process, or at least do multilple points at
> > once??

0
JZip (18)

External data link change

Concentric point graph
Is there a way to represent a table data organization with a concentric point graph or is a concentric point graph not yet included or available for use with the Excel spreadsheet? ...

Why does the change change to a number?

Line chart or scatter chart??
I have many sets of data for which the x-values run up from approx 60 to 100, and back down to 60ish. Each set of data consists of 200 points. I can happily display each set individually on a scatter chart, with the categories from, 60 (at point i=1)to 100 (i=100) to 60 (i=200). My probably occurs when I want to display two sets of data on the same graph. For each set, the x-values vary, for example another set could run from 65 to 95 then back to 65, but it still contains 200 points. Excel will only allow one set of values on the category axis, so only one data set will be correctly re...

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

Track Changes

more on VBA function name change

How to change icon for my application

How to change newsgroup message font

Change a formula to an acual number

Problem Changing an Investment Name

Should I change this code?

How to change default font in Outlook 2003

icon changes with change of extension

Field Type Change

Tracking Changes

Save Changes? #2

A2000 to A97: export specification issue
Hi Question is listed at the end for those that may not need the following descriptive details. I have an A2000 database we convert to A97 for another system. The A97 database is running on Win98. Development is done in A2000. I have a query which has fields containing "special non-alphabet" characters (not quite sure how else to describe them), eg the "(r)" character which is r encapsulated within a circle, or the copyright symbol. If I export (to csv) from the database window tables/queries containing these characters they are exported correctly from both A2000 and...

colour change of dated box

Daylight saving time changes for Exchange 2003 server
Hi guys, I was wondering how other real life systems administrators are preparing for the upcoming “2007 global time zone update for Windows” (daylight time change for exchange 2003 server). I'd like to know what contingency plans are being planned out to implement this update and what practical ideas you think thus far are the best. I would greatly value your input. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/timezone/dst2007.mspx -Thanks! ...

changes made but how do I revert !
When I deleted messages they used to dissapear straight away. Now when I delete a message it has a strike through line but the message remains, although it dissapears after I close outlook. I should also add that I use SPAM Inspector but I think this is an Outlook problem caused by some changes. the moral here is change one thing at a time ! Any ideas from anyone. email address required remove to be removed ! Kind regards Nigel Are you using an IMAP account? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.co...

Question about Excel (Office) auditing/changes
I have a document that will need to be posted on a website available for users to download & change/approve. The approval process will not make any changes at all to the document. However, I do need to know they've opened the document. Is there a way to get the name/machine/ip or something regarding who opens a file and when they open it? If so, I would like to do something like that, and either write it to something in the spreadsheet or as an audit trail in a database. If there's no way to do this, I am considering writing a small app that requires them to sign in (somet...