How do i change the height and width of a single cell in Excel?

0
lotus1107 (1)

You change the height of the cell by changing the height of the entire
row, and the width of the cell by changing the width of the entire
column. The cell cannot be independently resized, because then all the
other cells wouldn't fit.

You can merge contiguous rectangular ranges together to create
super-cells. Depending on your objective, merging cells may have
undesired side-effects.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

lotus1107 wrote:

getpivotdata in excel 2007
=+GETPIVOTDATA(pivot1,$A$3 & " " &B$2 & " " &A5) I'm trying to return pivot table data to another sheet. The range of the pivot table is called "pivot1" and the reference cells represent (name of doc), (date), (procedure type). I get a REF# I have spent hours already and need a solution fast. Please Fern wrote: > =+GETPIVOTDATA(pivot1,$A$3 & " " &B$2 & " " &A5) > > I'm trying to return pivot table data to another sheet. The range of the > pivot table is called "pivot1" and...

External data link change

Why does the change change to a number?

Track Changes

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

Excel should have the option to merge contents when merging cells.
When Excel merges cells, it keeps only the upper-left-most contents and deletes the others. It would be nice to have the option (maybe a toggle button in the options menu) to concatenate the contents of all the merged cells, so that the information in the lower-right cells is tacked onto the end of the information inthe upper-left-most cell. This is not a big deal, but it would be a nice bell/whistle to save some steps. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I...

more on VBA function name change

Simple EXCEL worksheet function
I am creating an EXCEL worksheet of people's names, company and location. I need to do a simple sort on name. When the list goes beyond 250, the sort function stops working. Is this a limitation of EXCEL? If so, can I continue the list on "Sheet 2", "Sheet 3" etc and still be able to sort through all the lists as if they are one? #1. Select the entire range you want to sort--don't let excel guess. I'm guessing that you have an empty row in the real range to sort and excel is guessing wrong. #2. Nope. Excel doesn't support this type of...

How to change icon for my application

Excel Pivot Items Using C#
I am working on a C# add-in that modifies pivot tables. I have done this work in VBA, and the object model seems straightforward, e.g., PivotTable-PivotFields-PivotItems, but I can not get the object for PivotItems, or iterate through the items. Do I need something other than PivotItems? Code for PivotFields, that works: IExcel.PivotFields pvtfs = (IExcel.PivotFields) pvtTable.get_PageFields(Missing.Value); foreach (IExcel.PivotField pvtf in pvtfs) { Code for the does nto work, and PivotItems shows no va...

How do I identify if a cell in excel contains a formula or a numbe
I would like to identify some how if a cell contains just a written number (ex "25000") or contains a formula. I would like to do this because I have an array where some cell contains formulas but some are numbers and I would like to be able to use conditional formating to highlight the cells that just have a number. Regards /Tobias Click on the cell and look at the formula bar. The formula or the value will appear there. Ian "Tobias Andersson" <Tobias Andersson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:739C49F9-91D7-4F0C-8581-FF04AF3E9375@microsoft.com...

How to change newsgroup message font

Taking the Mode based on cell value
Could you provide a few more details about what you want to do? -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "sip8316" <sip8316@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E3F4DE24-C5E8-4911-96E6-E61A1E56DEF0@microsoft.com... > ...

translate dll/tlb (for Excel as client) from VB.net to C#
I created a library control in VB.Net some time ago for implementing some .Net functionality for Excel as the client -- and made it com visible. I want to redo this in C#. Additionally, I want to be able to pass data to this control from Excel VBA. And lastly, I need to display some results in a gui thing like a label or - ideally - just the user control form The following is the Interface part of my dll/tlb (I left out the guts of the procedures). What is the C# syntax of this? Only need enough to get me started Imports System.Runtime.InteropServices Imports System.Data....

How do I replace the last entire word in text cells?
I understand the REPLACE command but it seems restricted to characters or bytes. I this case, I want to replace the last word in all cells but the word is always different (ie. varying number of characters). Thanks in advance! Array entered (CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER), this will work: =LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-MATCH(" ",MID(A1,LEN(A1)-ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&LEN(A1)))+1,1),0)) Change the reference to A1 to which ever cell you want. -- Regards, Dave "George" wrote: > I understand the REPLACE command but it seems restricted to characters or > bytes. I this case, I wan...

Change a formula to an acual number

How do I use cond format formula to set cell text and color?
Using MS Excel 2003: As and example, I entered into Conditional Format for cell B1: "Formula is", IF(A1="","Test",""). For true condition, the format is set to fill Yellow and font color red. I'm expecting cell B1 to display, "Test" in red text with yellow background when A1 is blank, but it does not work. No errors are displayed. Any ideas? in my experience you can only set the format,you cant have the word test show up.Apply the format condition only using =A1="" and put a seperate if statement in the cell.If it blank ...

Running Excel 2000 & 2007 Bug
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01CA53A0.C4136A80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am able to run 2000 and 2007 on the same machine ok except for the = following The File Type associations are messed up. I have a bunch of files that = were created in 2000 and they have the *.xls extension. I want these = files(when double clicked) to open in Excel 2000. However, Excel 2007 = is dominating this action. I have tried changing the association for the *.xls file type to version = 200...

Problem Changing an Investment Name

Nonnumerical Axis in Excel Charts
Hello, Essentially, when plotting a series of Acid/Base ratios in cells with text formatting (ex. "0/100", "10/90", etc.") (X-axis) versus temperature change per ratio (Y-axis), Excel charts the actual row numbers (ex. 1, 2, 3, etc.) for the X-axis instead of "0/100", "10/90", etc. Fraction and Number formatting of the ratio cells does not change this either. Thank you. Robert Agee Purdue University It depends which chart type you use. If you use column chart type, the X axis should be your lables (10/90, etc.) not row numbers. If you use ...

Should I change this code?

How to copy a column of values into another column where the cells are merged
Hi, I have a sheet with a column that lists some values. I also have a second sheet that has a column where the cells are merged every 4 rows. I need to copy the values of the first sheet into the merged cells, but when I do, I only see every fourth value on the merged cells. Is there a formula or any other way that I can use to be able to copy all the values from the first sheet into the second sheet each value on a different group of merged cells? Thanks! Assume you have values in A1:A5 of Sheet1 that you want to copy into Sheet2, where A1:A4, A5:A8, A9;A12 etc are merged. Put this formul...