how do I caculate the area of a chart (integration)?

0
Massoud (1)

Excel does not natively offer calculus functionality.  Some functions
can be integrated in closed form.
   http://integrals.wolfram.com/
or
   http://maxima.sourceforge.net/
may help identify some of these if your calculus is rusty.

Where closed form integrals do not exist, there are many methods for
numeric integration.
   http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/AreaUnderCurve.htm
implements a couple of simple methods in Excel.  Chapter 4 of Numerical
Recipes in ... goes into more detail in C, C++, Fortran, or Pascal (out
of print).  There may even have been one in Basic at one time.  The C
and Fortran versions are available on-line
   http://www.library.cornell.edu/nr/bookcpdf.html
   http://www.library.cornell.edu/nr/cbookfpdf.html
Fortran is probably easier to translate into VBA than C.

Jerry

0
post_a_reply (1395)

P.O. Commitments via Integration Manager
Is it possible to connect a SOP transaction to a PO as part of a SOP integration via Integration Manager? I haven't been able to find that connection in IM. The PO's will always exist before the SOP transaction is created. I'm sure that I can use VBScript to make it happen if I have to but I'm wondering if a native option exists for GP 9 or 10. Mark ...

pocketpc integration
Hi! I have a simple question.. what to do a pocketpc for best integration to rms? Inventory.. purchase order... and ? Thanks Antonio p.s. My idea is to develope a PPC add-on for RMS free Antonio, I would like to see an application that allows taking physical inventory using a wireless PPC device. Ideally, you could write a front end to the RMS SQL database that runs on the PPC which directly inserts records into the "PhysicalInventory" and "PhysicalInventryEntry" tables. When done properly, these insertions will have created a new Physical Inventory Count which i...

linked Excel charts don't match formatting in original
I have one spreadsheet in which I created charts linked to worksheets in the same file. These charts I have exported (i.e. copied into another file). When I open that other file without having the original file with the data open, the labels on the charts don't reflect the number formatting that was selected for them: .09 instead of 9%. Any help would be appreciated as I can't figure out how to fix this. For instance, is there a way to break the link to freeze a certain look of the charts? Thanks, Stefan. You could copy and paste the poicture rather than the link. If you...

Charts, Help!
Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I'm trying to set the font size for the axis ticklabels to 6 for every chart in the active sheet. Sub SetFontSizeAllCharts() Dim myCht As ChartObject For Each myCht In ActiveSheet.ChartObjects myCht.Chart.TickLabels.Font.Size = 6 Next End Sub I get errors! Help! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi cdegar01, The problem is that you are not including the Axes object. Explanation extracted from the help file: expression.Axes(Type, AxisGroup) Type Optional Variant. Specifies the axis to return. Can be one of the follo...

MB3-530 Integration Manager 10.0
I'm looking to take the exam, but I can't find any study materials for it (other than Brain Dump kind of stuff where they give you the answers - I want to pass it fair and square). Is there any official Microsoft stuff out there for it? You have lot of e-learning and Training materials available in Partnersource. You can try the same Good Luck -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP Note: If you are a Microsoft Partner, You can also Login to Dynamics GP partner forums at http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/partnerdynamicsgp/threads "jp@CBS" wrote: > I'm look...

How do I share User-Defined Custom Chart Types in Pivot Charts?
When I send file out to others, they can't see my user-defined chart that I modified and saved, and did a record macro to see each time data is changed. How can I share this? Excel Pivot Chart Question...... ...

adding a person above in the organization chart in SmartArt
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I am trying to customize the organization chart in SmartArt, but don't know how to add a person to the top of the hierarchy. <br> I am using Excel 2008 on my Mac OSX 10.5 MacBook. SmartArt ain't that smart :-) 1) Click in the SmartArt 2) The Text Pane should appear to the left 3) Add a paragraph with the name you want to the left of the top name and hit Enter. This will add a new shape. 4) The top paragraph will become the second paragraph, and the two shapes will be on the same level. 5) Click ...

Automatic Organization Charting
Hello Everyone, I work with an application that can create an organization chart of a company's reporting structure. With Visio 2002 the shapes are drawn then connected together (using the GlueTo method), but this would only work when Visio asked if the "Automatic Organization Charting" should be switched on. This happens when just before the chart is drawn. However Visio 2003 does not ask this question and the objects are not connected together. I can draw connecting lines (using the DrawLine method) and connect these to the parent and child shapes but they are...

Area
What is the large area beneath the folder banner called? Large Area? Seriously, if you want a real answer, post some details. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, pita1 asked: | What is the large area beneath the folder banner called? That was a question on a test I was taking. "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote: > Large Area? > > Seriously, if you want a real answer, post some details. &g...

How do I clear the formating of the area OUTSIDE my chart on my w.

Could not locate the Integration Manager sanScript Library
After upgrading to GP 10 we encounter an error message when trying to import a flat file . "DOC 1 ERROR" Could not locate the Integration Manager sanScript Library. Intergration Failed" This ran successfully before our upgrade. Thanks in advance for your help. GIVTI, Reinstalling Integration Manager will fix this issue, it seems that the Dynamics.DLL missed its windows registration. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 Great Package For Business Solutions daoudm@greatpbs.com http://www.greatpbs.com http://mohdaoud.blogspot.co...

Resize chart area without resizing plot area
Hi, With the help of your answers on my question of July 30 and some digging in excel4 I succeeded in making the inside of the plot area exactly a square with predefined dimensions. I made a function that finds the dimensions of a rectangle that encloses all elements in the plot including title, axes-titles and text boxes. Now I want the chart area to fit tightly around all the actual plot elements. But I do not succeed in resizing the chart area without resizing the plot. Is there some (hidden) feature that switches off autoresizing like there is one for the font? When I have a solu...

How do I sum based on a description for a pie chart
I'm trying to do a pie chart using a category ie Restraunt and an amount spent. I want to be able to view a chart that calculates the various instances of the category and displays the total amount spent ...

x axis of chart
I am drawing a bar chart of age of firefighters. In the X axis I have the age interval and in the y axis I have numbe of firefighters with age in that range. The table is as follows: Age No 20 0 30 4 40 64 In this table, 20 means that those whose age are between 0 and 20 and 30 means ages between 20 and 30. Chart draws the bar exactly above these numbers, but for better interpretation I want the bar chart to appear between these number. I think this is a basic question and there is a solution for it. One solution is to put the age as follows: 0-20 20-30 30-40 in x axis but this is not a ...

Bubble Chart Colour
I have some bubble charts that I set custom colours for by using a VB script. Some bubbles (those added later) appear a white colour despite their setting showing them as green) No matter what I do in the Format data series dialogue box, they will not change colour! please help! ...

Date chart formula question?!?1
Hi all, In a very old spread sheet i was using this formula =IF(OR(AND($D7<G$6,$E7>F$6),AND(F$6>=$D7,F$6<=$E7)),".","") and it worked for dates pre 2009. However, i now wish to use it for dates between 2010 - 2011. Each column represent a week and the rows will indicate and project or task. can anyone help? There is nothing it that formula that will make it work for pre-2009 and not for later years. Perhaps you need to look at your data values? If you have a problem, you could tell us what values are being fed into the formula when it works...

Plot Area Resizes on Print
Hi All, Using Excel 2000 / Windows 2000 I have a very strange problem with the plot area of a chart. Whenever I try to print or print preview the chart, the plot area squashes up into a very small area. This cannot be resized and the only way to get the chart back is to close the file without saving and re-opening. There are a number of other charts that are exactly the same but pointing to different data. These other charts do not have this problem. I have solved the problem by creating a user-defined chart and applying that. This seems to stop this happening. However, I do not know why the...

Conditional Colors for Charts
Good evening, I have on a sheet with several graphs and I would like to execute the procedure below automatically. In advance thank you for the assistance Yves Sub ColorColumns() Dim vntValues As Variant Dim intSeries As Integer Dim intPoint As Integer With ActiveChart For intSeries = 1 To .SeriesCollection.Count With .SeriesCollection(intSeries) vntValues = .Values For intPoint = 1 To .Points.Count If vntValues(intPoint) < 60 Then ..Points(intPoint).Interior.Color = vbRed ElseIf vntValues(intPoint) >= 60 And vntValues(intPoint) < 80 Then ..Points(intPoint).Interior.Color = vbY...

Caculating the remainding amount
Hi everyone. First time poster here, but i have read through alot of threads and i cant seem to find an answer that can help me, so i thought i join up and become an active member :) Ill cut straight to the point I am at an intermediate level with excel, and i was wondering if my following problem can be solved, ill give a basic run-down, and if anymore detail is required please let me know After a few caculations etc etc i have 2 cells left that i need to get the following to happen I will call them A and B A has an amount which could be negative or positive. B always starts with 3000 ...

"Ranges" in charts
This is the chart I have made so far: http://www.mattloaf1.com/chart1.jpg It is used to track the scores of employees on a personality test, and is broken down into several categories. Each category has an acceptable range of scores, indicated by the bar chart (the visible portion is the 2nd part of a 'stacked' bar chart.. I made the first part invisible so it appears that the 2nd part is floating). This range I have indicated is the old acceptable range... I also wish to show a new acceptable range on top of this old range. In some cases, the old and new ranges overlap. However ...

OLE Automation and Chart Location
I'm inserting a chart into a spreadsheet (from Matlab or VB) but no matter the arguments, it always embeds the Chart into the first page in the workbook Here's some VB code ' the chart Set Charts = Workbook.Charts Set newChart = Charts.Add newChart.Location 2, "Sheet3" It ends up in "Sheet1" Jim - First of all, you shouldn't use Charts as a variable name (or Workbook either), since it's also a reserved name in Excel, and already refers to the collection of chart sheets in a workbook. Try this: Dim oChtOb as ChartObjects dim oChart as Chart Di...

Horizontally banded chart background
A chart background with colored bands to indicate standard deviations -- George Jon tells all at http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/HorizBands.html best wishes -- Bernard Liengme (aka CredoInUnumDeo) http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme Microsoft Excel MVP "OraPronobis" <OraPronobis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4E0148D-8B0D-4ADB-9AD4-F833379391F8@microsoft.com... > A chart background with colored bands to indicate standard deviations > -- > George ...

Resizing chart because of refreshing Chart Data through a query
When I refresh data in a report, I always have to go back and adjust my graphs. For example, the data label will to be out of the chart area or I have to resize a pie chart for the new refresh. Is this just a short coming in the software? Do you know of any add-on product that would help with this problem? Thanks ...

Need help with a chart
Hello, I have a large worksheet with data. Here are the columns: Order # Employee Hrs. 1000 Mike 2 2000 Mike 1 1000 Paul 2 3000 Rose 3 8000 Mike 1 3000 Mike 2 1000 Rose 1 4000 Paul 1 7000 Jhon 3 5000 Rose 2 1000 Jhon 3 6000 Mike 1 9000 Mike 3 1000 Mike 2 I would like to put this data on a chart, but before I do that I need to summarize the data. This is what (I think) I need to do: 1. Sort by "Order #". 2. Once sorted, create a "conditional formatting" or a formula to the entire "Order #" column to se...

Chart columns
Hi, I am creating a series of charts. I remember someplace to change to shape of the column to round the corners. I can't seem to find at anymore, any help? I am using excel 2000. Thank you for any help you can give me. On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 07:59:37 -0800, rmacneil@comcast.net = <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > I am creating a series of charts. I remember someplace to > change to shape of the column to round the corners. I > can't seem to find at anymore, any help? I am using excel > 2000. Thank you for any help you can give me. I ...