how do I add in a dinamic graph the total as a new series?

I want to add, in a dinamic graphic, a new series: the mean. Is it possible?
I need it to compare each series with the mean.

Thanks in advance. Regards,

Guillermo Fuenzalida

The graph won't calculate the mean for you, so you'll need to calculate the
mean as a new series in your data sheet, and then include that series as a
new series in your graph.
--
David Biddulph

"Guillermo Fuenzalida" <Guillermo Fuenzalida@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:117FBACB-4DD2-41CC-864B-632666BE5CD5@microsoft.com...
>I want to add, in a dinamic graphic, a new series: the mean. Is it
>possible?
> I need it to compare each series with the mean.
>
> Thanks in advance. Regards,
>
> Guillermo Fuenzalida

0
David
11/22/2007 2:06:08 PM
David,

Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately, I realize I didn't express myself
correctly. English is not my native language.

I have the mean, it's the general total from a dynamic table I created. The
problem is that I want to add that column as a new series in a dynamic
graphic. I can do it manually, but that means that I have to create the whole
series one by one (about 40). Is there any way to do it?

Regards,

Guillermo Fuenzalida.

"David Biddulph" wrote:

> The graph won't calculate the mean for you, so you'll need to calculate the
> mean as a new series in your data sheet, and then include that series as a
> new series in your graph.
> --
> David Biddulph
>
> "Guillermo Fuenzalida" <Guillermo Fuenzalida@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote in message news:117FBACB-4DD2-41CC-864B-632666BE5CD5@microsoft.com...
> >I want to add, in a dinamic graphic, a new series: the mean. Is it
> >possible?
> > I need it to compare each series with the mean.
> >
> > Thanks in advance. Regards,
> >
> > Guillermo Fuenzalida

Guillermo,
 Have you tried this solution:
Select dynamic graph (right click), select "Source Data".
Select "Series" tab. Select "Add" series.
Name: "="Mean"" (omit first " and last ")
Y-values: =Sheet1!$B$2:$B$20  (Sheet1 is what ever your sheet name is)
hth
Dennis
"Guillermo Fuenzalida" wrote:

> David,
>
> Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately, I realize I didn't express myself
> correctly. English is not my native language.
>
> I have the mean, it's the general total from a dynamic table I created. The
> problem is that I want to add that column as a new series in a dynamic
> graphic. I can do it manually, but that means that I have to create the whole
> series one by one (about 40). Is there any way to do it?
>
> Regards,
>
> Guillermo Fuenzalida.
>
> "David Biddulph" wrote:
>
> > The graph won't calculate the mean for you, so you'll need to calculate the
> > mean as a new series in your data sheet, and then include that series as a
> > new series in your graph.
> > --
> > David Biddulph
> >
> > "Guillermo Fuenzalida" <Guillermo Fuenzalida@discussions.microsoft.com>
> > wrote in message news:117FBACB-4DD2-41CC-864B-632666BE5CD5@microsoft.com...
> > >I want to add, in a dinamic graphic, a new series: the mean. Is it
> > >possible?
> > > I need it to compare each series with the mean.
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance. Regards,
> > >
> > > Guillermo Fuenzalida

0
FloMM2 (102)

Add Lookup Fields to Entity

Adding data that is not graphed to chart
I have a few existing charts that show percent compliance by category by quarter. There are seven categories on each chart. Is there a way to add the "n" to the chart as a label? I have the sample sizes for each category by quarter in a separate spreadsheet. Is this even possible? Hi, You could add a textbox or use a spare built-in title box, such as Category or Value axis title. These can either be edited manually or be linked to cells. http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip001.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "mellermj&quo...

Excel Add Ins

Opening new Excel window
Windows 2000. When have an exel already open, when I click on another excel file (or its shortcut) it opens into the same excel main window. Then I can view either one of the excel applications by selecting the appropriate window. Is there a setting such that new excel will open in its own window? If so, how? [Currently I can get this effect in a less convenient way by starting the excel directly the second time, and then reading in the excel file.] Alan Beban You could have one instance of excel open and have multiple "tasks" appearing on the taskbar via: Tools|optio...

Add on

POS 2009 Add-In: Populating a Task Pad

Graphing Time against distance
I am trying to get Excel to draw a train graph. This is a grpahical representation of a timetable, with railway stations on the vertical axis, and time along the x axis. However, I cant get excel to display this properly. Each line should display the progress of a train, including stops, etc. Can anyone help or advise? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 13:25:57 -0400, Spaceman = <Spaceman.vtdnz@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote: &g...

Add-in cannot be loaded OL07

Format text to add character

Add File menu to custom toolbar

How to fill the area between two lines in excel graph?
I'm trying to fill the area between 2 line graphs in excel. I need to present the two lines in different colors, plus i need to add another line in between the two lines. I tried using the "area" option in excel and while it shaded the area between the line graphs, it did not allow me to add the extra line in between. The stacked area chart is used for the fill. For the three lines, add three series of type Line. (Add them however they get added, which would be as additional area series, then select each and use Chart menu > Chart Type to convert to Line.) - Jon ---...

How does excel note a newline (ie new line but in same cell)
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi <br> Have legal transcription i need to manipulate partly in excel on mac. want each cell to be one question or answer in deposition, but can't allow excel to wrap the text of the question or answer, which is typically several lines, as in depositions each line is numbered and i want to preserve the numbers matching the lines. so i would like to manually add the character/formatting in my text editor before i bring the text back into excel. <br><br>or perhaps i can write an excel macro or f...

add a DC in a LegSite

excel add-ons

Moving Exchange 2k to new Exchange 2k server
I have an Exchange 2k server. Two hard drives (one for OS and one for data). Both are quickly running out of space and the hardware is slow. I want to upgrade my hardware (faster computer, & larger hard drives), but I want to stick with Exchange 2k for now. What is the best way to go about this? Also, in looking at the way this server was setup, I don't understand where the m:/exchange drive exists. Do all Exchange servers have a m:/exchange drive. It seems to be part of the C: drive (always has exactly the same space used as if they were mirrored) but different data. Ca...

Creating a new list with Last Order Date
I do have a customer transaction history. I would like to get the latest order date with amount in to another sheet instead of all the orders under same account number and bring the rest of the corresponding info to the other columns. Such as bill to information for my new sales rep. Can someone help me? Thanks Vedat A2=Customer Number B2=Order numbers C2=Order dates D2=Order Amounts D3=Bill to Name etc. A2 B2 C2 D2 CA123 1234 10/11/06 $500 CA123 2345 09/10/06 $200 CA123...

Map Add-On?

how to count specific values only not total count
I am using Access 2000 - I have one column of numbers (probably 1000 numbers in total) ranging from 1 to 9 - Does anyone know how I can count the times that each specific number appears - for instance - count the total number of ones, count the total number of two's, three's, four's etc. I have tried this in a query and have not yet been successful - does it need to go only in a report? Thank you very much - Steven On Dec 8, 9:14=A0pm, steven <ste...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am using Access 2000 - I have one column of numbers (probably 1000 nu...

New investment
How can I add new slovenian investment which is valued in SIT (Slovenski Tolar). In form where I must select country, Slovenia is not on a list. Old investments, inserted in previous version of Money (95 I think) works ok. Thanks Marko ...

New mail notification #2
Is there a way to have the new mail notification box/window stay up longer than 30 seconds in Outlook 2003 like you used to be able to do in older versions of Outlook (i.e. like Outlook 2000)? I am not talking about the little envelope that appears in the task bar, but the notification box window that appears in the lower corner of the screen (used to appear right in the middle of the scree). Thanks Sounds like you're asking about the popup notification window from MSN Messenger when it detects you have new e-mails. -- ____________________________________________________________...

New license key for upgrades from 3.0 to 4.0
Is there a process for obtaining a new license key that will be accepted during an upgrade from 3.0 to 4.0. My current 3.0 license is not being accepted! Thanks in advance, ~Maria Trial license keys are provided inthe readme that comes with the downloads. The rpocess for getting the "real" keys has not been announced. -- Matt Parks MVP - Dynamics CRM "Maria Greendyk" <MariaGreendyk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D5CAE82E-A779-4FFD-9D72-3E0E02D3580C@microsoft.com... Is there a process for obtaining a new license key that will be accepted d...