how do I add functions together in an excel Chart?

I am trying to determine the equation for three different functions in a
scatter plot on graph in excel.  I then want to have excel add these
functions together.

Does anyone know how to perform these functions?
0
Brian8214 (439)

You can use the trendline feature to determine the formula. Select a
series, then use Add Trendline from the Chart menu.

To add these functions together, you can add together coefficients of
the individual trendlines. To avoid errors, display the trendline
formulas with a high degree of precision: format the formula, and on the
Number tab, choose a Scientific format with 15 decimal digits.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Brian wrote:

> I am trying to determine the equation for three different functions in a
> scatter plot on graph in excel.  I then want to have excel add these
> functions together.
>
> Does anyone know how to perform these functions?
celebrex - http://www.bestrxpills.com

0
staplebt (2)

::DrawText function
Forgive me if I appear to be thrashing a dead horse here, but I am making progress. I'm using the DrawText function in a windowless ActiveX control. This is working fine, although for some strange reason it is outputting the text on a white background - i.e. there is white surrounding the text, but nowhere else. I have managed to prove to myself that it is not because there is a white brush selected into the device context at the time, because I changed the definition of white to be RGB(255,255,0) i.e. yellow, instead of white, and it was still white. Besides there is a black brus...

Add Lookup Fields to Entity

How do I change the source worksheet for 100 charts automatically.
I have a worksheet with 100 charts that source a set of five worksheets, financial forecast A. I create several forecasts (sets of 5 worksheets) and copy over worksheet with 100 charts, but the charts reference financial forecast A when I want them to source from financial forecast B. To change the chart source to financial forecast B, I now have to open each chart and change the source from A to B. Is there a way to do this automatically, similar to the edit, find, replace function for data in cells? Hi, You would need to write VBA code to do this. Given you know what the value is...

Opening new Excel window
Windows 2000. When have an exel already open, when I click on another excel file (or its shortcut) it opens into the same excel main window. Then I can view either one of the excel applications by selecting the appropriate window. Is there a setting such that new excel will open in its own window? If so, how? [Currently I can get this effect in a less convenient way by starting the excel directly the second time, and then reading in the excel file.] Alan Beban You could have one instance of excel open and have multiple "tasks" appearing on the taskbar via: Tools|optio...

Excel Add Ins

Dates in Excel #6
In natural history, including museum records, it is commonplace to use a date with lower case letters for the month, e.g. 19.x.2004 = 19th October 2004 or 01.iii.1999 = 1st March 1999. It would help users if this format were added as a standard and could be converted. For what it is worth... If you add dates as text by preceeding the entry with a ' , for example, '19/11/2004 and then apply the following formula =LEFT(A8,2)&"."&LOWER((ROMAN(MONTH(A8)))&"."&RIGHT(A8,4)) you will get 19.xi.2004 as the output. Does this help? Possibly I could m...

excel vba
Hi, I'm trying to use scripts to compare two workbooks (base.xls an test.xls), I have found two subroutines a http://www.exceltip.com/st/Compare_two_worksheets_using_VBA_in_Microsoft_Excel/477.htm which seems to do the trick. The basic problem I'm having is I don't know how and where to stick i those two pieces of code. I have gone into base.xls and found th visual basic editor, then I have stuck both pieces of code int ThisWorkbook's code section, then I compiled it using the Debug menu, tried running it, but got a runtime error 9. Now some questions: 1. I'm a bit con...

Add on

Return Focus to Access after Excel Export
This is something thats been bothering me for a while. I have a VBA subroutine that takes a recordset and pastes the data to a blank Excel worksheet. Then Access gives a message that it's complete. The problem is that the active window is the excel worksheet, and not the access form. Anyone know how to return the focus back to Acess after the copyfromrecordset is complete? Could you post your code so we can try and help. -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault http://www.cardaconsultants.com/ For Access Tips and Examples: http://www.devhut.net Please rate this post using the vo...

View last appended entry in a view as well as in a ported to Excel
I have a list with several text fields that use the append feature. I cannot figure out how to: 1) Show the last entry in a view so I don't have to click through to see the entries and, 2) Have the last entry show up when I export to Excel. I can't see the last entry if there are additonal updates. Thx -Tamara Question 1. There are plenty of people asking the same question on different forums but I haven't yet found a solution to the issue of displaying the last entry on a column configured with the "Append text" option. I know this is not exa...

Excel Test Plan Needed
Hello all, Does anyone have a nicely done Excel spreadsheet for doing softwar testing, i.e., a spreadsheet that is done up in the form of a tes plan? Thx in advance. Regards, Randall Princeto -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Logarithm scaling for charts
When using logarithmic scaling for charts the scaling interval is given in powers of 10 (1, 10, 100, 1000 etc). I want to be able to change the scaling interval to show data at a smaller log. interval (e.g. between 100 and 200). This is not at present possible in Excel but it would be extremely useful. vroomvondel wrote: > When using logarithmic scaling for charts the scaling interval is given in > powers of 10 (1, 10, 100, 1000 etc). I want to be able to change the scaling > interval to show data at a smaller log. interval (e.g. between 100 and 200). > This is not at present p...

POS 2009 Add-In: Populating a Task Pad

Stack Bar Charts
I have yearly information that I would like to graph in a stacked bar chart. I have years 2005 to present Two companies I am comparing with two variables for each company each year. I would like to have the stack bar chart by year reflect the stack of Co A vs Co B on variable 1 + 2. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. You want a clustered-stacked chart: http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/clustered-stacked-column-charts/ http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/clustered-stacked-bar-charts/ - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ Sean wrote: > ...

Keyboard problem: kinda Excel-related
My keyboard is acting a bit funny. In Excel, when I start with the letter "g", it acts as though I pressed the "Alt" key instead. I have had this happen with my laptop at work by accidentally pressing a function key and then some of the letters become numbers for those who want to use that as a keypad. But I have never had it happen on my home PC which is a desktop with a Dell keyboard. Did I press some funny sequence of keys to get this out of whack? I've tried rebooting without success, what else can I try? BTW, I've had this for 3 1/2 years without incide...

Disable Clear DContents command in excel
Is there a way to disable the "Clear Contents" option when right clicking on a cell. Basically I have spreadsheet which has lots of data validations and formulas so the worksheets are protected. Each row of data represnts information about a specific project. The sheet protection does not allow users to delete rows or columns, but conetnets can be cleared leaving blank cells. I do not want users to have the ability to clear contents of cells once data has been entered. Yes they can click the cell and manually override the information eg if a date changes etc, but I d...

Formatting within function/equations
Trying to do some vlookup equations... they are working fine, but they only bring over the value, not the formating. In the particular problem I'm working on, the text value may or may not end with a superscripted number (test^1). When the vlookup happens, the text appears the superscripted number appears as regular text (test1). Anyway to build formating capabilities within an equation? Formulas return values--not formatting. Maybe you could use a macro to copy|paste??? jomurf wrote: > > Trying to do some vlookup equations... they are working fine, but they only > bri...

Add-in cannot be loaded OL07

Excel formula for this...
Ok i want an excel formula to do this hopefully simple task... Say i have cell A1 with the word "dog" in it and cell B2 with the word "Cat" in it i want cell H5 to have the data in the previously mentioned cells so that it reads "dog, Cat" So in english i guess i want multiple cell values in once cell separated by a space or a comma or whatever. Thanks Max Try: =A1&", "&B2 MRO "Max Sand" <Max@gk.com> wrote in message news:Yx55b.4433$bC1.2817@newsfep4-winn.server.ntli.net... > Ok i want an excel formula to do this hope...

Excel 2007 12-17-09
Have created charts using Excel 2003. Converted to 2007. Now when I select Chart/Print preview the chart doesn't use the whole page. In 2003 under "Page Setup" there was a "Chart" tab - "printed chart size" - "Use full page". That option isn't avail. in 2007. If I "move" chart to it's own sheet then the fonts/etc get distorted and I have to reset fonts/size/etc. Any suggestions? ...

How do I increase the text size of an Excel cell?
Hi guys, Situation: I had a memo size field in MS Access. When I copied and pasted it into an MS Excel cell the text gets truncated? I can't believe that Microsoft has had about 5-6 versions of Excel and hasn't fixed this simple problem. Mike Web Developer and Catholic Apologist http://www.faithfulchristians.net I think this is by design. Not everyone would want the whole column resized because of a single truncated cell. "Mike_Humphrey" <Mike_Humphrey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:79662172-C13B-4708-AAF4-B02511AD79AA@microsoft.com... > H...

Format text to add character

programatically change chart
I am using powerpoint to programatically create slides displaying MS GRaph Charts. I am using .NET and C#. I am having trouble location help for this topic. My questions are: 1. I want to programatically change the direction of the Category Axis. I wish to rotate them so they are upright instead of on their side. How can I do this? objCatAxis.TickLabels.Orientation = Graph.XlTicklabelOrientationUpWard does not seem to be working. 2. I am having trouble defining colors for my charts. It seems to be happening automatically. I want to control which colors get displayed. I wish to do this pro...