How do I add data from different sheets to a chart?

I am trying to make a chart that tracks the average of a quality assessment
monthly.  Basically I have 12 worksheets, one for each month.  The average
grade (1-5) for each month is calculated in the same cell on each sheet.  How
do I get a line chart to display this value from each worksheet on the same
chart, with month as the X axis and the value as the Y axis?  I am having
trouble with the "syntax."
0
SWeyer (9)

The lookup functions might work for this application.  Without being able to
visualize what you want to do, it makes it difficult to give a suggestion.
"SWeyer" <SWeyer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to make a chart that tracks the average of a quality
assessment
> monthly.  Basically I have 12 worksheets, one for each month.  The average
> grade (1-5) for each month is calculated in the same cell on each sheet.
How
> do I get a line chart to display this value from each worksheet on the
same
> chart, with month as the X axis and the value as the Y axis?  I am having
> trouble with the "syntax."

0
breinhardt (272)
11/3/2004 8:47:24 PM
I have a brief explanation here:

   http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

SWeyer wrote:

> I am trying to make a chart that tracks the average of a quality assessment
> monthly.  Basically I have 12 worksheets, one for each month.  The average
> grade (1-5) for each month is calculated in the same cell on each sheet.  How
> do I get a line chart to display this value from each worksheet on the same
> chart, with month as the X axis and the value as the Y axis?  I am having
> trouble with the "syntax."

Adding data that is not graphed to chart
I have a few existing charts that show percent compliance by category by quarter. There are seven categories on each chart. Is there a way to add the "n" to the chart as a label? I have the sample sizes for each category by quarter in a separate spreadsheet. Is this even possible? Hi, You could add a textbox or use a spare built-in title box, such as Category or Value axis title. These can either be edited manually or be linked to cells. http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip001.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "mellermj&quo...

Add Lookup Fields to Entity

Transfering data from 1 worksheet to another
I have several worksheets that are used to input data into to a summary worksheet for a golf league One of the worksheets is a schedule. The schedule worksheet has 18 columns (one for each week) and the 32 rows have the team's tee positions and opponents for that week. When the summary worksheets is printed each week it has the current weeks schedule shown. I would like to be able to have the current week's scheduled transfered to the summary sheet by identifying the week number and have the data transfered from the schedule worksheet to the summary worksheet. I tried the lookup...

Anyone know how to get rid of this POS without installing a different operating system?
If you type 'Uninstall' into Google - the second most popular hit is "Live Messenger" = everyone hates it - and i'm no exception - it's well documented that it's the biggest security leak - it can not be suppressed - of the many fake switches Microsoft have built-into it - none of them will actually disable it (by design) = it's quite obviously a Microsoft trojan - it can not be uninstalled from Vista - it is hidden from regular programs in the control panel - it is hidden from Windows components that can be deactivated despite reading lot of l...

Excel Add Ins

Add on

Sheet Protection
Hello, I have a problem protecting a worksheets. Basically there are several columns on this sheet where I enter date, employee ID number and it gives me other info about this employee in other columns retrieved from yet another sheet. The problem I have is that this workbook is used by other people and they often accidentally delete formulas I have in those other columns. So I wanted to protect the sheet leaving only those columns where we type in, unprotected. Everything works fine except that I also have VBA code which tells excel to keep the format of the sheet (for print purpose) the same...

Logarithm scaling for charts
When using logarithmic scaling for charts the scaling interval is given in powers of 10 (1, 10, 100, 1000 etc). I want to be able to change the scaling interval to show data at a smaller log. interval (e.g. between 100 and 200). This is not at present possible in Excel but it would be extremely useful. vroomvondel wrote: > When using logarithmic scaling for charts the scaling interval is given in > powers of 10 (1, 10, 100, 1000 etc). I want to be able to change the scaling > interval to show data at a smaller log. interval (e.g. between 100 and 200). > This is not at present p...

POS 2009 Add-In: Populating a Task Pad

Issues
I am having ghost data appear randomly in my workbook while trying to clear data. The workbooks are large and contain multiple macros. When clearing a feild, Other ghost-like images of cells and data pop-up randomly and clutter my view. This is a new computer running windows 7 and excel 2007. IT has already updated my video driver and we are all stumped. Please respond quickly with ideas...they are threatening to give me back my old computer.... ...

Add-in cannot be loaded OL07

Printing two sheets on 1 page
Is it possible in Excel to print out two sheets on a single page. i.e. I'd like to print out cells A1 to L25 on sheet1 then cells A1 to G9 on sheet2. Thanks for the help, Chris Ok I found how to print more than 1 sheet per page but is there a way to specify how much of a page to print. I'd like sheet 1 to take up 2/3's of the page and sheet 2 to take up the bottom 1/3 of the page. Thanks, Chris ...

Format text to add character

Add File menu to custom toolbar

Importing Excel Spread sheet.
Hi, I need to import my file and have the wizard select the 2nd row as my default heading instead of the first row. Can anyone help? I take it you are using the TransferSpreadsheet method? The 6th argument in this method is for specifying a Range, so you could use this to start on the second row: "A2:X100" Steve "andyjwu@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi, > > I need to import my file and have the wizard select the 2nd row as > my default heading instead of the first row. Can anyone help? > > ...

Cell value as chart scale maximum
I have a chart on a worksheet and want to make the Y scale maximum value equal the value of cell Y3 (this is a merged cell range Y3:Y5), rounded up to the next “5” increment. For example, 101% in merged cell Y5 would be 105% in the chart Y scale maximum. How would I do this? Hi Phil - Use the approach I describe here: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html but link to CEIL(Y3,0.05) instead of Y3. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Phil Hageman wrote: > ...

lots of data
Is there any way that when you export so much data that once it fills up all the 65K plus sections on sheet one, it will automatically flow to sheet two and so on? I created a stand-alone workbook that will do this for text-delimited files. I haven't gotten around to csv files yet. It's a work in progress but if you are interested let me know at... -- Gary Brown deletethispart.gary_brown@ge.com "lwm11" wrote: > Is there any way that when you export so much data that once it fills up all > the 65K plus sections on sheet one, it will automatically flow to she...

Data in Combo Boxes
I'm trying to get the date from a form to insert in to another worksheet cell but Excel doesn't seem to recognize the date selected from combo box dropdowns. Does anyone know how to get around this? Data validation is not an option because of the number of lines in the drop down (text is WAY too small). Any suggestions would be much appreciated! Can you use a simple formula in the intended destination cell that refers to the cell with the drop down. "Nicky" wrote: > I'm trying to get the date from a form to insert in to another worksheet cell > but Ex...

data base for repeat purchase
how can I set up a data base for repeat once a year floral orders? Thats a pretty general question. Do you have any other data bases, if so, adding a column to capture the data might be eaiser then creating a seperate one. I guess the simpleist is the easiest, client name, and maybe the time of year they order. -- Life is an adventure, are you living it? These are just my opinions, please feel free to correct them if they are wrong. "Rainbowsend" wrote: > how can I set up a data base for repeat once a year floral orders? ...

Different behaviours for xmlTransform
Using the same xml and xsl files, the result of the xmlTransform.Transform is different depending if a xmlTextwriter or a StringWriter is used. In the first case, the output file is as expected, but in the second case, a new <meta> tag is added, and the existing ones loose the /> closing tag; that means xmDocument.LoadXml(Stringbuilder.ToString) fails. The code is: #If 1 Then 'Good objXMLWriter = New Xml.XmlTextWriter(sPathDoc, Nothing) objTransform.Transform(objXPathDocument, Nothing, objXMLWriter, Nothing) objXMLWriter.Close() Docum.Load(sPathDoc) #E...

add a DC in a LegSite

auto file path update when excel sheet moved to another directory.
Hello, I've been working on a huge excel file for a while and I'm trying to make it easier to use. My problem is that when it is moved from the template folder to a working folder the formulas referencing a file in the template folder have their path changed in the formula and have to have the links updated. Since the file is protected it's impossible for the users to chance the source. It's wierd because it will still pull information, but if information is changed in the external data file the updated doesn't get ported over. I need some like the $ command to ...

Data Validation List Names
I have Excel 2007 and am attempting to use the data validation tool. I have created several lists in a separate worksheet and named them (In the name box). My drop down and options have shown correctly. However, I now need to make a few changes to the lists. I added a few extra cells with data to one of the lists and would like these options included in the drop down field on the main spreadsheet. Can someone tell me how to re-name my 'source' (list or range of cells) so that the added cells are now being referenced as well and all options show in the drop down? ...