How do I add a second y-axis in an xy(Scatter) chart?

I would like to create a xy-scatter chart for a dataset with two different
x-axis.

I have one set of data, but I need to plot it against two axis,
"concentration" and "dilution factor". The dilution (and therefore the
concentration) is not linear, so a line chart will display the data
"distorted" or "skewed".

I tried the tip from bj (9/9/2005 4:44 AM PST, to the question "Line chart
or scatter chart??")
> there can be two x axis in a scatter chart.
> first select one of the data series and <axis> select secondary
by duplicating the data. But I could not find any possibility to enable the
"second category (x) axis", it stays disabeld even with two data series.

(I'm using Excel 2003.)
0
Katana (1)

Hi,

Here is an explanation of how to use the secondary axes.
http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip008.htm

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Multi-disciplinary business expertise
  + Technology skills
    = Optimal solution to your business problem
Recipient Microsoft MVP award 2000-2005

In article <38C45A64-255C-44CB-8AAA-CF855BA5047F@microsoft.com>, =?Utf-
8?B?S2lubm8gS2F0YW5h?= <Kinno Katana@discussions.microsoft.com> says...
> I would like to create a xy-scatter chart for a dataset with two different
> x-axis.
>
> I have one set of data, but I need to plot it against two axis,
> "concentration" and "dilution factor". The dilution (and therefore the
> concentration) is not linear, so a line chart will display the data
> "distorted" or "skewed".
>
> I tried the tip from bj (9/9/2005 4:44 AM PST, to the question "Line chart
> or scatter chart??")
> > there can be two x axis in a scatter chart.
> > first select one of the data series and <axis> select secondary
> by duplicating the data. But I could not find any possibility to enable the
> "second category (x) axis", it stays disabeld even with two data series.
>
> (I'm using Excel 2003.)

0
Tushar

Adding data that is not graphed to chart
I have a few existing charts that show percent compliance by category by quarter. There are seven categories on each chart. Is there a way to add the "n" to the chart as a label? I have the sample sizes for each category by quarter in a separate spreadsheet. Is this even possible? Hi, You could add a textbox or use a spare built-in title box, such as Category or Value axis title. These can either be edited manually or be linked to cells. http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip001.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "mellermj&quo...

trying to plot y against x
hi guys, can anyone help me out? when i select line option in charts, excel keeps drawing a chart with two lines. what i really want is to plot $ as my y axis and t as my x axis (in example below). how do i do it? $ t 10 1 20 2 25 5 40 7 appreciate any advice. thanks. -- ernestgoh ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ernestgoh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24870 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=571456 See reply in microsoft.public.excel, and please do not post...

Add Lookup Fields to Entity

How do I change the source worksheet for 100 charts automatically.
I have a worksheet with 100 charts that source a set of five worksheets, financial forecast A. I create several forecasts (sets of 5 worksheets) and copy over worksheet with 100 charts, but the charts reference financial forecast A when I want them to source from financial forecast B. To change the chart source to financial forecast B, I now have to open each chart and change the source from A to B. Is there a way to do this automatically, similar to the edit, find, replace function for data in cells? Hi, You would need to write VBA code to do this. Given you know what the value is...

Excel Add Ins

Add on

POS 2009 Add-In: Populating a Task Pad

Logarithm scaling for charts
When using logarithmic scaling for charts the scaling interval is given in powers of 10 (1, 10, 100, 1000 etc). I want to be able to change the scaling interval to show data at a smaller log. interval (e.g. between 100 and 200). This is not at present possible in Excel but it would be extremely useful. vroomvondel wrote: > When using logarithmic scaling for charts the scaling interval is given in > powers of 10 (1, 10, 100, 1000 etc). I want to be able to change the scaling > interval to show data at a smaller log. interval (e.g. between 100 and 200). > This is not at present p...

Add-in cannot be loaded OL07

Stack Bar Charts
I have yearly information that I would like to graph in a stacked bar chart. I have years 2005 to present Two companies I am comparing with two variables for each company each year. I would like to have the stack bar chart by year reflect the stack of Co A vs Co B on variable 1 + 2. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. You want a clustered-stacked chart: http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/clustered-stacked-column-charts/ http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/clustered-stacked-bar-charts/ - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ Sean wrote: > ...

Format text to add character

Add File menu to custom toolbar

programatically change chart
I am using powerpoint to programatically create slides displaying MS GRaph Charts. I am using .NET and C#. I am having trouble location help for this topic. My questions are: 1. I want to programatically change the direction of the Category Axis. I wish to rotate them so they are upright instead of on their side. How can I do this? objCatAxis.TickLabels.Orientation = Graph.XlTicklabelOrientationUpWard does not seem to be working. 2. I am having trouble defining colors for my charts. It seems to be happening automatically. I want to control which colors get displayed. I wish to do this pro...

Chart axis custom date format
Dear all! Excel 2003, charting. On Y axis I have scale from 0 to 7, and when I go to "format axis- number-custom" I can input formula "[Blue][<4]#.###,0;[Red][>4]#.###, 0;#.###,0" which colors the scale as I would like. On X axis I have dates (1.jan.06, 1.feb.06, 1.mar.06....1.jun.08). Is it possible to write similar formula as above on x axis - for instance if date is less than 1.jan.07 then color it red, if less than 1.jan 08 than color it blue? This would allow to have on X axis only date format "mmm" and the colors would help differentiate between yea...

add a DC in a LegSite

excel add-ons

Drawing Objects disappear from charts
My question has to do with Excel 2003 Home Basic edition. After adding a text box or lines to a chart, the objects disappear when I click outside the chart. They reappear when I then click on the chart. Also, if I move the chart, the objects appear on the worksheet. How do I "attach" the objects to the chart without Grouping them? Grouping them works, but seems cumborsome to use if I want to make changes to the format or data series. On Feb 19, 3:22 pm, Dave <D...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My question has to do with Excel 2003 Home Basic edition. > >...

Map Add-On?

X axis labels won't line up under corresponding column data
Only way I can get dates (year 1998, 1999 and on etc) to fall under annual income columns is to horse around with spacing, adding and subtracting spaces in the category axis drop-down box in Chart Options. Seems you can't even use the same number of spaces between each because if you add between two of them, adding the same number of spaces doesn'tnecessarily work between the next two. I have about 8 charts to mess with and can't find an easy way to do this. did you try this righclcik x axis, clcik <format axis> choose <scale> UNCHECK <value(y) axis crosed be...

buble chart
I want to take data from excell or a Database to create a buble chart. One piece of Data would determin the size of the Circle. another piecie of data determin the location location of the circle on the sheet- Can it be done? we spell it a little different. Try over here http://blogs.msdn.com/visio/archive/2007/02/06/introducing-the-bubble-chart.aspx "Brent" <sagemaster@mvdsl.com> wrote in message news:uLTAeOZkHHA.5084@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I want to take data from excell or a Database to create a buble chart. One >piece of Data would determin the size of...