How do give each datapoint a separate name/label in a scatter char

I am attempting to graph job growth and absolute employment (x and y axis
respectively) for 64 cities.  How do I put the city name next to that data
point.  For example, Atlanta has averaged 1.6% job growth and 37,000 new jobs
per year.  1.6% is the x axis value, 37,000 is the Y axis value, but I would
like to label the data point "Atlanta".  This allows me to compare Atlanta's
growth with the other 63 cities.   Please let me know if this is possible.
0
Higgy (1)

Check out Rob Bovey's XY Chartlabeler (www.appspro.com) or John
Walkenbach's Chart Tools (www.j-walk.com).

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article <2D15CE78-4CD3-4878-9B4B-C40BC8224DEA@microsoft.com>,
Higgy@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> I am attempting to graph job growth and absolute employment (x and y axis
> respectively) for 64 cities.  How do I put the city name next to that data
> point.  For example, Atlanta has averaged 1.6% job growth and 37,000 new jobs
> per year.  1.6% is the x axis value, 37,000 is the Y axis value, but I would
> like to label the data point "Atlanta".  This allows me to compare Atlanta's
> growth with the other 63 cities.   Please let me know if this is possible.

I want to change name of Active X MFC component
HI, I want to change name of Active X MFC component being compiled by the current project... How do i do that in VC++ .60 Help required a.a.cpp ...

destroyWindow give error
Hi hi i have one class which is nodialog from that i create dialog which is modeless. in one thread i call destryWindow from onother thread..it give error CHandleMap* pMap = afxMapHWND(); >> >> ASSERT(pMap != NULL); // Why does pMap == NULL this code fails.. if any body have solution ,plz send pradip > in one thread > > i call destryWindow from onother thread..it Thats your problem. The map between handle and CWnds is thread specific. This must be called on the same thread the window was created. --- Ajay you can post a custom defined message to the ...

when I put my flash drive in, the computer does not give me drive
when I put my flash drive in my computer will not give me a drive "capricorngirlone" <capricorngirlone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:26C0CE67-BEBA-44EF-9C48-32170D952552@microsoft.com... > when I put my flash drive in my computer will not give me a drive > That's a problem with your version of Windows, not Excel. -- Asking a question? Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about, your OS, Service Pack level and the FULL contents of any error message(s) Start > Settings > Control Panel > Administrative Tools &...

Reports Columns Help/Field Name Help
Hello, I wrote in previous to get information on makin a 3 column report w/out Fieldnames repeating. The code worked and it is listed below: If Me.Left < (2 * 1440) Then Me![FirstNameLabel].Visible = True Me![LastNameLabel].Visible = True Me![TitleLabel].Visible = True Me![FirstName].Visible = False Me![LastName].Visible = False Me![Title].Visible = False Me.NextRecord = False Else Me![FirstNameLabel].Visible = False Me![LastNameLabel].Visible = False Me![TitleLabel].Visible = False Me![FirstName].Visible = True Me![LastName].Visible = True Me![Title]...

Calling CFileException::Delete() gives an assert
My codes goes like this: CFileException exept; BOOL bResult = m_file.Open(lpszSource, CFile::modeRead | CFile::shareDenyWrite, &exept); if (!bResult) { exept.ReportError(); exept.Delete(); } On the except.Delete() I get a "breakpoint" message that puts me in the disassembler, and if I push F5 I get an assert in dbgheap.c around the line: /* * If this ASSERT fails, a bad pointer has been passed in. It may be * totally bogus, or it may have been allocated from another heap. * The pointer MUST come from the 'local' heap. ...

How do I open excel files side by side in separate full windows
In Office 2000, I could open as many separate excel windows (...excel icons) as I wanted and toggle between full screens. With Office 2003, all I have been able to do is essentially open some windows within one 'excel icon', and, at best, open files side by side in a fraction of a screen each. What do I have to do to get the same functionality as I did with Office 2000?! Tools>Options...View Windows in Task bar -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "ReginaS" <ReginaS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD3C1015-D91E-4425-8B60-1D01...

there is already an object named #instmsdb
Hi Gurus, I am attempting to install KB970892 on SQL Express 2005SP3, and I am unable to do so, due to a SQL suspended installation. When I try to continue the installation (which I have no idea what is it trying to install - I have inherited this server this way), the following errors occur: "there is already an object named 'sysmail_update_profileaccount_sp' in the database" followed by "there is already an object named #InstMsdb in the database" and the installation is unable to continue from this point. I have tried searching the web and...

Label designer / configuration
I am trying to customise my labels and in the field options "unit of measure" is not there. I am hoping someone can tell me how to add an extra field on a label?? Any help on this would be much appreciated. Gist, Its not in the latest version either. Go into CustomerSource and put in a suggestion. http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/customersource.mspx -- * "GasT" <GasT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9A2B119-60B2-45AF-8ECF-48246663631C@microsoft.com... I am trying to customise my labels and in the field options "unit of measure...

How to forward e-mail in Exchange 2000 by adding own domain name
I'm trying to forward e-mail out to users who work from home. The mail that comes into our Exchange Server is forwarded to the users at home. The problem I have is that the mail that is forwarded through exchange does not have our domain as the "from" but the origional sender's e-mail address. The Mail Server mail.isp.com does not allow e-mail from isp's ie. mail@aol.com etc. Is there a place in Exchange 2000 Server where I can let our domain be the "from" when it relays through the mail server Any help will be appreciated ...

Separating Dates into Diff Columns
How do you separate a date into seperate columns?? i.e. December 15, 1978 from one cell into three different cells, one for the month, one fo the date, and one for the year. thanks in advance -- HC ----------------------------------------------------------------------- HCA's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2474 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38315 On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 09:49:35 -0500, HCA <HCA.1re8ao_1120057519.3062@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote: > >How do you separate a date into seperate column...

Re-Naming a Project in Visual Studio 6.0
I am trying to include multiple projects into a workspace that have the same Project name but have different underlying code. I would like to be able to alter the project name without having to re-create a new project. ...

getting file name from cell
Is there anyway possible to get the filename from a cell? I have workbooks that are all named with a date corresponding to the end of the week. Is there anyway possible for a cell to look up the date that is used on the current sheet then take away seven days from that date and use this new date as a link to a workbook, and bring back values.This would save me alot of trouble not having to manually put in the previous weeks date. An example of this is: =SUM(SUM([C37.xls]'Sausage Butchery (Lower)'!$I:$I)+SUM([C37.xls]'Sausage Butchery TW (Higher)'!$I:$I)+SUM([C37.xls]...

WORD gives error message on closing
I am running WORD2007 under VISTA. When I try to close a file or exit WORD, I get an error message "Microsoft Office Word has stopped working". If I try to retry I get another message that Word is trying to retrieve information. If I ignore or press cancel, Word restarts. How do I get "normal" file close and product exit? That's a symptom of a Word Data Key corruption - usually because Word has been running when updates are installed. Run Regedit and expand by double-clicking to the key below. With DATA selected, press DELETE. Word will automatically...

Question about Full Name field
When I typed in the ''FullName field'' without clicking on the button, the contact name is saved like FirstName,LastName. Even if I changed the way the contacts are displaied with the File As = LastName, FirstName. But if I click on the button FullName, and I type the FirstName and LastName in the window, then the contact's name is saved correctly like LastName,FirstName. Is the way it's suppose to be or we can change the way that Outlook use the FullName field ? Shidewa it sounds like outlook isn't recognizing the format you are using for the name. It thin...

Comma separator for custom Currency (Indian Rupee)
Experts, Intent to display: 100000 has to be displayed as Rs. 1,00,000.00 10000000 has to be displayed as Rs. 1,00,00,000.00 0 has to be displayed as Rs. - David McRitchie, Tushar Mehta and others wrote the format as given below: Rupees with Paise [>9999999]"Rs. "##\,##\,##\,##0.00;[>99999]"Rs. "##\,##\,##0.00;"Rs. "##,##0.00 Rupees without Paise [>9999999]"Rs. "##\,##\,##\,##0;[>99999]"Rs."##\,##\,##0;"Rs. "##,##0 Rupees without Rs. notation [>9999999]##\,##\,##...

Problems naming Excel 97 files
When I try to save an Excel file and give it a name it will only take the first letter of the description or gives it a number instead of allowing me to name it what I want to. Anyone know how to fix this problem? WinXP? Check to see if Excel is running in Windows 95 compatibility mode. There was a post that said: When I disabled compatibility mode the file name problem went away. http://google.com/groups?threadm=020101c30916%2442320250%24a501280a%40phx.gbl And maybe this will help: HOW TO: Use Windows Program Compatibility Mode in Windows XP http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?s...

extract name when a date in another cell gets near
Can someone help please this is how the database looks A B C D E F G H 1 Surname First Formal Driving Ass OTDR Interim 2 Earliest Latest Earliest Latest Earliest Latest 3 Anyone A 18/05/05 17/11/05 18/05/05 17/11/05 18/11/05 17/05/06 4 18/06/05 20/01/06 etc with other names A3/A4 HOLD NAME IN MERGED CELL, COMPLETION DATES ENTERED ARE SAME c4/d4 etc Now a date is placed in row 4 when the ass...

Printing Avery Labels
I am still new to Outlook 2003. It's that time of year to print the Christmas address book to Avery 5260 labels, the ones which are 1 inch by 2 5/8 inches. I can't seem to figure out how to do that in Outlook. Can anyone guide me or point me to a web site which explains it? John http://www.avery.com/us/Main?action=software.AverySoftwareDetail&catalogcode=WEB01&softwarecode=3201 --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: John W. Sharp <readandsharp@voyager...

convert imported data with . separator for decimal into , separato
I imported decimal data into excel, unfortunately the decimal separator is . which excel does not recognize. How can I convert it into , Kris Have you tried using the Replace tool in the Edit Menu? -- Regards... "kris" wrote: > I imported decimal data into excel, > > unfortunately the decimal separator is . which excel does not recognize. How > can I convert it into , > > Kris ...

envelope address labels
undefinedSIZE=12 ?procedure to generate simple address lables from selected columns in spread sheet for a specified sheet of labels. Word label dialogue is to difficult John M. Petterso -- INTAI ----------------------------------------------------------------------- INTAIR's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1542 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27024 John Is there a question here? For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps....

I give up!
I've used it. I've fought with it. I've tried everything. WLM has now got me beat!! I have it setup with two e-mail accounts and a NG account. The two e- mail accounts are used to retrieve NG e-mail / spam--which is filtered out excellently--and the other is a general one for chit-chat. The NG account I use to view groups etc. However, and this is where WLM is beating me, frequently I get an error when opening WLM telling me that the message store has been corrupted. When I login, there are no e-mails in the two accounts and there are no NG's that were listed...

Nested Formula Giving Incorrect Answer
Hi, I am looking at an issue one of our staff has. He is using the below formula across a set of data =IF(INT(MOD(E13,C14))>1,INT(E13/C14),0) This returns 0, if E13 is not disvisible by C14, or the closest integer (rounded down) if it is. The formula works perfectly for most of the data, but when E13 is 50,000 it throws a wobbler and returns 0, it doesn't matter what the value of C14 is. After doing a bit of testing, and typing figures into the formula manually, I have figured out that if a number between 50,000 and 50,002 is entered, the formula returns 0, above or...

Change Fileas name to first name last name
Hi Where can I change the settings so that the contacts filed as First Name last name instead of Last name,First name Thank Jason OL2002: How to Change the File As Field for All Contacts ID: 291144 -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "Jason" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F277C...

Avoid Tab Name be changed
I am working with xl2000. How can I prevent Tab names be changed by other users Thanks. Hi you could protect the workbook (Tools - Protection) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Apepapa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:7A6B88BB-5937-4F58-A331-AB0560B964A9@microsoft.com... > I am working with xl2000. How can I prevent Tab names be changed by other users? > > Thanks. ...

Number at end of contact name
Since synchronising CRM to Outlook, many of the synchronised contacts have a number at the end of their name. What's going on? Mike -- Mike Bristol, UK CRM user www.crmuser.blogspot.com ...